Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** Minnesota Vikings: OFFICIAL

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheering for you guys to win the Super Bowl. Good luck Vikes fans.

I've been a Viking fan for 30 years.  With the exception of 1998, I've never had more confidence in this team than I have right now.  The defense is the best I've ever seen from this club.  They have

Congrats Vikings fans, what a great game ? I posted this in another thread and you probably saw it already, but in case you didn’t, this is a really cool angle of the last play   http://dail

Vikings injury report

Remmers did not practice for the 3rd day in a row, so it is unlikely he will be able to play against Washington. His concussion must be pretty serious for it to linger for two weeks now.

Rashod Hill looks like he will start at right tackle in place of Remmers.

Sirles also did not practice so he likely will not be available.  Easton and Isidora have practiced in full though so they should be available at left guard.

Everson Griffen practiced today in limited capacity. Mike Zimmer expects him to be able to play. If he doesn't or if he plays limited snaps, then Robison will likely play more at left defensive end and Hunter will play more at right defensive end. Weatherly had a full practice today and so he would be available to play more snaps at defensive end in rotation with Robison and Hunter.

Everyone else looks good to go, including Michael Floyd who has been out and Andrew Sendejo returning from his suspension.

Not having Remmers hurts the overall quality of the offensive line, especially in run blocking. Hill has done a better job in pass protection than he has as a run blocker.

Everson Griffen inactive. Also Tashon Bower and QB Kyle Sloter.

Wetherly active.

So the Vikings will have Hunter and Robison starting at DE with Weatherly mixing in. Bridgewater will be the back up QB coming in if anything should happen to Keenum.

The Redskins have Trent Williams active and also reserve tackle Nsekhe. So it seems unlikely that the Vikings will not see TJ Clemmings playing for Washington in this game.

Griffen being inactive means his sack streak ends at 8 games.

Edited by Biabreakable

Mike Remmers returned to practice today. Rashod Hill played well against Washington not giving up any pressures.

Remmers has played good as well, so getting him back should be a boost, especially in the running game, although Hill played well as his replacement.

Everson Griffen returned to practice on a limited basis (Remmers was also limited).

Xavier Rhodes practiced in full and is not listed on the injury report, which is very good news. I was concerned about him due to leaving the field the last game.

Andrew Sendejo did not practice today. Anthony Harris would play if Sendejo cannot on Sunday. Harris was limited in practice today as well.

Jerimiah Sirles had a limited practice today which is an upgrade from not being able to practice last week. While he is depth behind Easton at left guard, it would be good news to get him and Remmers back for this game returning the offensive line to full health again.

58 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Zimmer on QB Decision, Challenges vs. High-Powered Rams

Case Keenum will start against the Rams.

Zimmer says they will try to double team Aaron Donald as much as possible. He says Elflien will draw the nose tackle (Brockers) most of the time.

How long is keenum gonna keep this job?

2 minutes ago, need2know said:

How long is keenum gonna keep this job?

For this game apparently.

If Keenum keeps playing as well as he has I don't see any reason why they would start Teddy over him.

If Keenum throws more interceptions or the Vikings lose a game, then that opens the door for Teddy to start over Keenum.

Despite the interceptions Keenum played very well against Washington. his best game since week 3 against Tampa Bay.

Los Angeles Rams at Minnesota Vikings: Final injury reports for both teams

Mike Remmers will miss the second consecutive game with a concussion which is concerning, especially when you consider that this is almost 4 weeks now as the injury occurred early in the game against the Browns and the Vikings had a bye following that.

Also out is Andrew Sendejo which means Antony Harris will play instead and possibly some Terrence Newman playing at safety at times as well. I think Harris hurts the run defense somewhat compared to Sendejo but Harris has been fine in coverage.

Everson Griffen is listed as questionable but is expected to play. Brian Robison is also listed as questionable with a back injury. I am not sure if Robison has practiced this week based on this report, maybe this means Tashown Bower will be active this week along with Stephen Weatherly who played on 15 snaps (20%) vs Washington last week. This will be a lot more if Robison who was in on 87% of the snaps last week cannot play.

On the Rams side it looks much better as almost all of their players practiced in full on Friday.

Defense came out sleep walking, but that opening TD seemed to wake them up and they did a great job the rest of the game. Keenum did pretty good and I see no reason, especially with a short week for the Vikings to make a move ....... yet...

Next up the Lions on Turkey day.. A win and can almost "stick a fork" in the division.. 8-2!!!!!!!! :football:

Edited by snogger
  • Like 2

The Rams had a good script on the first drive of the game and did some things attacking with the pass early and over the middle that likely wasn't on tape or expected by the Vikings initially. It has sort of been this way in other games as well where the defense will give up some plays on the first drive before they make adjustments to what the other team is doing.

The Rams had another drive in the first half after the Vikings returned the score and missed a field goal setting the Rams up in good field position. This drive was saved by Harris making a big play to force the fumble at the one. If the Rams score here it would have made things more difficult for the Vikings to answer again and give the Rams confidence. That turnover was huge.

The Rams have a good defense and moving the ball on them was difficult. Keenum did a great job avoiding the pass rush when it got there. That play where he got touched in the pocket twice but was able to duck under the second hit then pop back up and deliver the ball to Thielen was another huge play. The offensive line did a great job all day although they did give up pressure at times, especially to Donald who is a force.

The Vikings ran the ball fairly well though and Keenum did a good job connecting with Rudolph for a few plays this game as well. Rudolph actually caught a contested catch this time which was another key play.

The defense played great and Newmans leadership was evident to me at times, keeping the defense focused. I think Harris played pretty well and the whole defense did a very good job of stopping Gurley which was critical. When Rhodes went out briefly again, this was worrisome. Alexander played well for the most part and the Vikings likely could still do a good job, but Rhodes without question their best defensive back among a very good and deep group there.

Hunter played great as did Linval, Tom Johsnon and Griffen. It was good to see Tashawn Bower contribute with a sack later on in the game. His first game active, but the Vikings found a good player there I think. The depth at the defensive line is great and they are playing well. Barr and Kendricks made some good plays also and not as many mistakes as they made against Washington.

Jared Goff played well and hung in there for most of the first half making some great throws and not letting the Vikings defense rattle him too much. It was clear though that some of the post snap drops by the defense were throwing him off. On one play they had run the play clock down to two and then Harrison Smith dropped back into coverage quickly changing what Goff has read to that point, causing them to have to take a time out. This happened on several other plays where Goff couldn't be sure where to go with the football presnap due to these late changes by the defense. I don't think he was used to that, few QBs are I think. It took him out of his comfort zone and pre snap reads which I think was a big part of why the defense was so successful. I am not sure any other defense can do this to teams the way the Vikings do. Having to read the play post snap with the pass rush the Vikings can bring is really a problem. Goff was able to make a few plays when the pass rush didn't get home, but that wasn't very often.

Great win in a game that definitely had a playoff level of intensity to it.

Adam Thielen just continues to play so well!! He just continues to surprise and impress me. Great job by Keenum who only made a few mistakes in this game and made some amazing plays at others.

• Like 1

This was a huge game this week.  Was at the game today and it was so loud it was incredible. The forced fumble and the recovery by Harris was a big turning point in the game and probably the play of the game.  The roughing the passer on Barr was a borderline call, but we got one back later in the game with the roughing the passer call on Donald.

I think the new stadium is louder than the Metrodome was.  Homefield advantage in the playoffs could be huge and if this team can keep rolling they already have the tiebreaker over the Rams and the Saints.

• Like 3

Got drunk at a wedding last night and jokingly ordered a knock off Case Keenum jersey from a Chinese website. That baby might double in value!

Case looks better every game. He’s not afraid to stand in the pocket and also has the ability to move if needed. 

Murray looked beastly today. I still think he runs a bit high, but darn he looked like the real deal grinding out those yards today. Having a hammer near the goal to go line is awesome as well. Both his TDs he muscled his way in a bit.

Thielen is magical. Enough said. Great hands and he just finds a way to get open on Every. Single. Play.

Rudolph also made some great catches today. He was overshadowed by Thielen in the highlights but he made some really important plays today.

Where is Diggs? Try to take away Thielen Lions and you’ll find out.

Defense is playing lights out. 

I like our chances on Thursday. Lions are riding on their defensive TDs and I don’t think they can keep that pace. We shut them down and hit Stafford early and often. Looking forward to Turkeyday.

Edited by VikingFrog
  • Like 3

I'm just going to enjoy the ride no matter where it takes us. It just feels weird as a Viking fan to take this no-name offense seriously after ridiculous talent like Culpepper/Moss/C.Carter/R.Smith/A.Peterson, etc., etc. proved to be insufficient. Maybe offense doesn't matter and the defense is really the straw that stirs. My instinct is the NFC is just not very strong, but hey chip and a chair.   

• Like 2
7 hours ago, BigJim® said:

I'm just going to enjoy the ride no matter where it takes us. It just feels weird as a Viking fan to take this no-name offense seriously after ridiculous talent like Culpepper/Moss/C.Carter/R.Smith/A.Peterson, etc., etc. proved to be insufficient. Maybe offense doesn't matter and the defense is really the straw that stirs. My instinct is the NFC is just not very strong, but hey chip and a chair.   

At least in terms of wins the NFC is stronger than the AFC is.

I totally relate to what you are saying, this offense doesn't seem as good as some pretty star studded offenses for the Vikings in the past.

The defense however is as good as its been in a very long time. Comparable to the defenses under Jerry Burns in my opinion and maybe better than those defenses as well. My memory doesn't go back further than that, but I would say these defensive backs as a group are better than the Vikings have ever had and the defensive linemen are comparable to past great groups such as Doleman, Millard, Henry Thomas and Noga.

I am not old enough to have experienced the purple people eaters to try to compare this group to the greats like Jim Marshall and others from back then though. These defensive linemen are good.

With Harris playing well at safety and Sendejo being better than he has been in past years in my opinion, there really are not many weaknesses to the current defense.

The offensive line is playing well is the main improvement of this team compared to the last two seasons.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SameSongNDance said:

Hey @Biabreakable did you see the play where a couple of mere mortals attempted to sack Keenum? He just toyed with them, he wasn't even trying. A god walks among us.

I did. It was an amazing play.

Mike Zimmer called it lucky though. Based on Zimmers comments, he has mixed feeling about that. Watching the play again, Keenum just throws up a prayer here and Theilen is able to get under it. That is a play that very easily could have ended up an interception.

Zimmer can't argue with the results, but I get the feeling from his comments that he might have preferred Keenum just take the sack there or if he does throw it, to throw it away. He does just lob the ball up over the middle on the play.

• Like 2
Just now, Biabreakable said:

Mike Zimmer called it lucky though. Based on Zimmers comments, he has mixed feeling about that. Watching the play again, Keenum just throws up a prayer here and Theilen is able to get under it. That is a play that very easily could have ended up an interception.

Zimmer can't argue with the results, but I get the feeling from his comments that he might have preferred Keenum just take the sack there or if he does throw it, to throw it away. He does just lob the ball up over the middle on the play.

Awesome play... but would probably agree. That first defensive player whiffed on what would have been an easy fumble caused.

Ahhh F It. Who am I kidding?!? Keenum is a god!

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

My first thought live when he chucked the ball up was "Oh NO!!" and then a quick turnaround on the result.  This is a play that will get the Vikes in trouble as the season goes along and the games get closer.  A play like this can change the total complexion of a game.  With the Defense the Vikes have it would be much better to eat that than risk a turnover (especially if they are in FG range).  My worry is that being rewarded with these plays will give Keenum the false confidence that he should keep trying them and hopefully it doesn't come back to bite us in the playoffs.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Gally said:

My first thought live when he chucked the ball up was "Oh NO!!" and then a quick turnaround on the result.  This is a play that will get the Vikes in trouble as the season goes along and the games get closer.  A play like this can change the total complexion of a game.  With the Defense the Vikes have it would be much better to eat that than risk a turnover (especially if they are in FG range).  My worry is that being rewarded with these plays will give Keenum the false confidence that he should keep trying them and hopefully it doesn't come back to bite us in the playoffs.

I think you make a good point about false confidence with Keenum. He has a lot of confidence in Adam Thielen as well, which makes sense as Thielen rarely ever drops the ball, can adjust to poor throwsand will play defense on the plays if neccessary

Against Washington he had played so great, everything was working. Then he throws to an area where four Washington defenders were and it is intercepted. It is a pass he never should have thrown, but I think he did it just because at that time he thought he could do no wrong. 

The interception that he threw right after this he never looked off where he was going with the ball. That is why Swearenger was able to jump right in front of the receiver and intercept it almost scoring on the play returning it to the 2 yard line.

You can tell from Zimmers press conference that he is aware of these plays and I don't think he likes it.

Because Thielen was able to catch the ball this ended up being a huge play, Keenum avoiding the sack in great and getting the first down is very important, but the throw was not very smart. He lobs the ball up in the air and is luck a defender wasn't able to get under it.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

Whatever works I guess. Some times its better to be lucky than good.

Pretty sure Teddy would have thrown that ball away.

Its ALWAYS better to be lucky than good.  Good can lose.....lucky is unbeatable....

Vikings injury report

Xavier Rhodes Everson Griffen Anthony Harris and Mackenzie Alexander practiced in full. 

Brian Robison, Andrew Sendejo and Mike Remmers had limited practices on Tuesday. 

All of this is good news especially Remmers who has been out for multiple weeks with a concussion. Rashod Hill has played well at right tackle while he has been out, but it would be great to get him back and have the offensive line at full strength again.

The depth of the Vikings has been great all year without much of a drop off when starters have been injured and had to miss games. As Zimmer mentioned, it was good to see Weatherly and Tashon Bower play well with Robison out last week

11 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

I suppose thats true, I am not sure about always, unless your always lucky I guess.

Luck is something that seems unsustainable, while being good is.

The best is to be good and lucky......hahahhaa

• Like 1

In Zimmers press conference yesterday ZImmer said Keenum has got balls, and thats a good thing. Also that he will start against the Lions.

So at least for now he is hoping Keenums horse shoe keeps working.

Brian Robison, Andrew Sendejo, Mike Remmers Questionable for Thanksgiving Day

While it would be nice to get these players back healthy and able to play, I am not really that worried about it.

Anthony Harris has looked a lot better against the run than he was last year (Sendeko has been better in that regard this year as well). Something I have always liked about Harris is that he has good awareness of where the ball is and he plays the ball. Good at making pass deflections and I think very capable of making interceptions as well on either tip drills or if he gets the chance to jump a receivers route. He also forced a fumble on Cooper Kupp in the last game pulling it out of his grasp. Showing good strength and awareness of the ball again there. That was a huge play, the Rams were at the one after that catch and likely would have scored another TD if not for the fumble.

Rashod Hill has played well at right tackle the last two weeks. He may be better at pass blocking than Remmers is. The Vikings have been getting some good push in the running game off the right side in these two games as well. So perhaps he is improving as a run blocker.

Weatherly and Bower seem capable of replacing Robison on the outside. They don't have Robisons experience and likely not ready to be used in so many different ways as the Vikings do with Robison, but they may actually be a bit quicker and stronger than Robison is at this stage of his career. Really the only aspect that I think is missing by not having Robison is when he lines up at defensive tackle. He has shown capable of dropping back in coverage and that makes the LBers showing blitz even better, as Robison can just drop in coverage and let the LB blitz. I don't think Weatherly and Bower are ready for that kind of role yet.

Edited by Biabreakable

GL GB @Biabreakable (& the rest of you ? )

Think Detroit taken 5 of the last 7 - last split was 2013 - but you guys seem to be on better form ATM. The Vikings O-line is playing much better than the first third of the season - doing a really good job in pass pro - and the D is solid.

Slay & Prater stole the show late last year on Thanksgiving. The Lions will need to get turnovers that lead to points. The front 7 is a hot mess right now and the O-line, finally healthy, isn’t playing well either. The first ten minutes the last two weeks has been brutal - can not afford another flat start. Get the crowd into early, Ford Field is one of the loudest places in the league.

Agnew (PR & gadget) is out, couple guys on both sides Q but pretty healthy overall for Week 12.

Lots of interesting players to watch: some of the best safeties in the NFL (Quinn & Smith), two great CBs (Slay & Rhodes), the Vikes very good DEs v. Decker & Wagner. But it probably comes down to Matthew Stafford having enough time & baiting Keenum into taking risks. If the Vikings become the third team in a row to rush for 200+, might be moot.

Unfortunately I’ll be cooking & entertaining all day, probably won’t see much of it.  

Edited by BobbyLayne
  • Like 1

I considered the last two games to be the most difficult part of the schedule for the second half of the season. They won them both.

They got the monkey of the LIons off their back now!! :)

The Falcons and Panthers will be difficult games as well and maybe they lose one of those. I don't consder them as difficult of opponents as the Rams and Detroit were though.

The Packers game away could be difficult if Rodgers is back. Not sure if he will be or not, but hopefully the Vikings have a comfortable cushion in the NFC by then.

Bengals and Bears games are at home, so they should be able to win those two games.

I am a bit bothered by how the offensive line played against Detroit. They struggled with their run blocking most of the day.

• Heatman changed the title to *** Minnesota Vikings: #2018