What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Minnesota Vikings (1 Viewer)

Thomas Morstead, the Saints' punter who gritted it out through broken ribs on Sunday is doing some cool charity work this week.  Any money donated through his foundation by Vikings' fans will be given to the Minnesota Child Life Program.

Pretty cool show of sportsmanship here.

I gave $29.24.  Pretty sure he stopped a punt return TD when he hurt his ribs.  :Baller:

Damn.  If Thielen is limited or can't go our chances drop precipitously. 
I expect him to play.

Back injuries always worrisome though. Not really sure how it happened. It is a fairly new injury so didn't happen very long ago.

Its the kind of thing that might make it harder for Thielen to adjust to poorly placed throws. Maybe the stick Thielen took on that jump ball against the Saints has something to do with it? Not sure.

You know thinking back - I feel like Keenum never throws down the middle. Always along the boundary or screens. Why is that?

You know thinking back - I feel like Keenum never throws down the middle. Always along the boundary or screens. Why is that?
Generally safer throws.

He has hit the TEs in the seam though and other throws inside, but I agree a lot of the throws are to the outside on purpose.

Really wish Wentz was playing. I believe the Eagles are the benefactors of a weak schedule and aren't as good as people think/thought. Now they'll fall back on the QB excuse. 
:popcorn:

Making it respectable with a backup.  

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a nice run but looks like they spent it all last week.. biggest question is...

Who the :censored: is the QB next year..

Someone is bound to give Case a $15 to 20+ a year contract which I don't think the Vikes will pay... Bradford is to injury prone and we have no clue if Teddy will ever be the same as he was before the injury..

:whoosh:

It was a nice run but looks like they spent it all last week.. biggest question is...

Who the :censored: is the QB next year..

Someone is bound to give Case a $15 to 20+ a year contract which I don't think the Vikes will pay... Bradford is to injury prone and we have no clue if Teddy will ever be the same as he was before the injury..

:whoosh:
Will be very interesting. My guess is Vikes will go with Keenum and structure a contract where he has to prove this year wasn't a fluke. 

Well, that was a great season with a ####### super sucky ending.  I'm glad it happened that way though.  Still better to get your ### handed to you than give away a close game ala 2009 or 1998.

Being a Viking fan is a really rough way to spend one's time.  When will it be our turn?

Well, that was a great season with a ####### super sucky ending.  I'm glad it happened that way though.  Still better to get your ### handed to you than give away a close game ala 2009 or 1998.

Being a Viking fan is a really rough way to spend one's time.  When will it be our turn?
Never apparently. 

Have to return to an outdoor stadium.

Have to chuck the arrogance.

Have to play clean football.

Until then everything they touch is gonna crumble.

Needs:

#2 & 3 corners - Waynes and Alexander blow

3 technique DT

O-line depth - losing Easton was a bigger blow than people realize. Rashod Hill is not a starter.

Needs:

#2 & 3 corners - Waynes and Alexander blow

3 technique DT

O-line depth - losing Easton was a bigger blow than people realize. Rashod Hill is not a starter.
Waynes was up and down. Started the season sucking, played better the 2nd half of the season. Then got abused in the playoffs.. good as a 3rd CB but not starter.. Agree fully on Alexander and the OL depth. :hifive:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know its hard to do in these times, but the Vikings have no depth anywhere. Anytime Rhodes or Sendejo are out, they get exposed. The Oline obviously fell apart as well. 

IMO, Keenum needs to be signed and Newman is over. 

Terence Newman: It was like we had no energy

Pretty much sums up what I saw.

The defense was not playing well in this game. Worse than I think they have played all year.

After the interception was returned for a TD the defense just seemed flat and had no answers to the Eagles passing game. I am still a bit shocked by how poorly the defense played. They looked tired. Not enough pressure from the defensive line and repeated failures in coverage. Gave up too many easy slant passes.

Credit to the Eagles for playing at a higher level than the Vikings.

Disappointing to see the defense play like that after how well they played all year.

yeah, you guys have a bright future. Hopefully Cook comes back 100% and it will be a big help. you guys had a great season and there is no reason to think they won't be back in the playoffs next year

The defense was not playing well in this game. Worse than I think they have played all year.

After the interception was returned for a TD the defense just seemed flat and had no answers to the Eagles passing game. I am still a bit shocked by how poorly the defense played. They looked tired. Not enough pressure from the defensive line and repeated failures in coverage. Gave up too many easy slant passes.

Disappointing to see the defense play like that after how well they played all year.
I hope it was just "Tired" play and not soemthing exposed by the Saints and Eagles. :oldunsure:

Something the announcers mentioned, again not sure if it was just this game or something the Eagles saw in the film room, but the "Slow Play" was killing them.

Waynes, Harrison Smith and Newman noticeably were exposed by the WR acting like he wasn't going to run a route and BOOM, deep he ran leaving the defender in their dust.. The 51 yard and 40+ yard TD both were done with the "Slow Play" by the WR's.

Just a complete whoopin.  Probably the worst game they played all season (Pitt game may be close - I was there and saw it up close).  Defense was terrible and uncharacteristic all day.  Totally sucked.  Turnovers were the key and Foles played really good (I didn't think he had it in him).

I want no part of Keenum next year.  If they are going to spend money spend it on Cousins.

I want no part of Keenum next year.  If they are going to spend money spend it on Cousins.
I really have no clue what they should do at QB. They have three starting quarterbacks (not anything lights out, but adequate starters).

The Eagles had an extra day to prepare because of the schedule in the Divisional round. Couple that with a travel day for the Vikes and the probable lack of sleep the night after the improbable finish against N.O. and there was a recipe for a bit of an emotional and physical let down.

When will we get definitive news on Viking's coaches accepting, or not, other opportunities? 

He doesn't have the arm to bring a team back from 10+ points.  He's fine if you are in the lead, but that will not always be the case.
Not sticking up for Keenum, but I don't think his arm or his QB play had much to do with not being able to make a come back. Once the Eagles got the lead and they knew it was all pass from Minnesota they just overwhelmed the offense as a whole. Diggs and Thielen were non factors and the McKinnon dumpoffs were a waste of time and effort. 

Users who are viewing this thread