What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Minnesota Vikings (1 Viewer)

Winfield Jr is still on the board so I think there’s a decent chance the Vikings make a move for him.
I like the idea of Winfield, but is selecting him a decision that he replaces Harris? It’s not really a need position. It makes me more concerned that they are delaying further the addressing of actual OL/DL needs. 

I like the idea of Winfield, but is selecting him a decision that he replaces Harris? It’s not really a need position. It makes me more concerned that they are delaying further the addressing of actual OL/DL needs. 
I have no idea if this is realistic but from a money perspective what if they move Harris in a deal for Williams and then take Winfield to replace Harris?  Talks about a Williams deal seems to be still lingering but I think they need to free up cap to get it done.  Is this a possible solution?

Spielman Discusses The Picks of Jefferson and Gladney In Round One

He says they intend to try to trade up into the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

For Jefferson he said they were looking at two players they were happy with when the Eagles picked, so no need to trade up (I wonder if Reagor was the other guy?) and that there is still a lot of WR left that they are interested in adding later on. In a follow up question he says Jefferson was one of 3 guys they were looking at there and they were willing to lose out on Jefferson if that had been the Eagles pick.

For Gladney he says he fits all the things they are looking for at cornerback. He says Gladney is versatile enough to play inside or outside, he mentions Gladney being particularly good in the red zone and he mentions Gladneys 33" wingspan as being a factor in their decisions. He said there were enough players they wanted on their board that they were fine with trading down to 31 and still getting one of those players, which they did when they selected Gladney.

Zimmer Addresses The Gladney Pick, Team's Situation at Cornerback Zimmer refuses to make a comparison between the players. He says that Gladney has good quickness and length similar to what Spielman said about Gadney.

Being curious about this length issue I looked up what the average wingspan at corner is and that is 31" 

Last edited by a moderator:
Minnesota fans...what's the latest you are hearing on possible Trent Williams deal?
I haven't heard anything further about this. I presume they are still interested in Williams. Spielman is talking about trading up with draft picks. No mention of using those picks to trade for players.

Minnesota fans...what's the latest you are hearing on possible Trent Williams deal?
Courtney Cronin on Twitter today said they offered a Day 3 pick last week...She also mentioned a little about possibly sending Reiff and a pick to WAS to help with the money...nothing definite but those are the things she said...

I like the players the Vikings got. It fills 2 important needs.

I would have liked to see the Vikings go some other directions as mentioned previously, such as taking Winfield over Gladney.

We can only hope that Jefferson is a wash in replacing Diggs. Too many other good WR left but I may have been under estimating Jefferson all along. Not sure. If the pick had been Regor I would be more excited about it even though I think Reagor has more risk.

I still don't like it because of the opportunity cost of not addressing the offensive or defensive lines yet. But the way I value players has never been aligned with what the Vikings do and they have more resources and people working on it. I am likely wrong about the overall value of offensive linemen, or at least they could rationalize it enough to maybe convince me.

I see a lot of good players left but I am doubtful of them falling to pick 58 and I think its too costly for them to move up higher than that with the picks they have but how they value things likely does vary from draft to draft. They obviously didn't have a better offer to trade down than what they got from SF. If Gladney was their target at 25 then its something for nothing to them.

Playes still on the board that likely wont fall to pick 58

Yetur Gross-Matos

Josh Jones

Antoine WInfield Jr

Ezra Cleveland

Justin Blaylock

AJ Espenesa

Jaylon Johnson

Kristian Fulton

Grant Delpit

Bryce Hall

Denzel Mimz

Tee Higgins

Lloyd Cushenberry

Justin Madubuke
So happy they got Cleveland. I think I preferred Jones but I like them both.

There are still a handful of guys not drafted from my wish list. Maybe now the price would be right to move up and get one of them like Madubuke. or another corner.

So happy they got Cleveland. I think I preferred Jones but I like them both.

There are still a handful of guys not drafted from my wish list. Maybe now the price would be right to move up and get one of them like Madubuke. or another corner.
Would be perfect.

Not much in my view although Dillon should be an upgrade over Williams.
Agreed. I guess I just don't see a team moving more towards committee RB being a concern. Now had they loaded up at WR, TE, OL... then I'd be worried about how that would give a boost to Rodgers.

Agreed. I guess I just don't see a team moving more towards committee RB being a concern. Now had they loaded up at WR, TE, OL... then I'd be worried about how that would give a boost to Rodgers.
I've got a feeling Rodgers is on his way out. Sooner than later. Let's just hope Love doesn't live up to his Mahomes comps some have made.

Yeah its kind of strange. Like they are setting things up for down the road to have Rodgers pass the ball less in the near term.

There still is a lot of good WR prospects left. Some of the WR selected so far Not out of the woods yet. Great start for them not getting much impact from the draft for 2020 though.

The Vikings likely have not improved at WR for 2020. Just have to hope Jefferson is close to what DIggs has been. 

I've got a feeling Rodgers is on his way out. Sooner than later.
Oddly enough it sure seems that way. I have a hard time imagining a guy with a Senior season of 20-17 TD/Int ratio ending up being an NFL starter and pushing out a probable Hall-of-Famer, but stranger things have happened.

The Packers were basically not competitive without Rodgers so I can see why upgrading their back up QB is a priority.

Its insurance though not upgrading the bottom line.

I think the Vikings have improved because of Cleveland. Gadney and Jefferson hopefully can replace Diggs and Waynes, that is just trying to get back to what they had though.

I was thinking the same thing, but I know he has some accuracy issues. But for a play-action based offense, seems like his traits fit better. Could he be had in the 4th?
Possibly, but I doubt it...I don't think either one gets all the way through the third.

I think the Vikings have improved because of Cleveland. Gadney and Jefferson hopefully can replace Diggs and Waynes, that is just trying to get back to what they had though.
This is true, but I'm at least happy they've tried to fill those holes. Better than adding to spots that already have solid starters, especially in rounds that have the best chance for immediate impact.

Congrats Vikes fans on your 2020 NFC North  title.  For whatever reasons the Packers are mailing it in this season.

Users who are viewing this thread