What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Patrick Mahomes II, KC (3 Viewers)

Rotoworld take:

Patrick Mahomes (knee) was a full participant for Wednesday's practice.

It's the first time Mahomes has practiced in full since initially suffering his injury in Week 7. Fully expected to start against the Titans, the reigning MVP can be confidently fired up as a QB1 on Sunday. His presence under center is obviously a monumental boost for all of Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, and Sammy Watkins, but it also projects more play volume for Ryan Tannehill, Derrick Henry, Corey Davis, and A.J. Brown on the opposite sideline in a sneaky shootout.

SOURCE: Sam McDowell on Twitter

Nov 6, 2019, 5:21 PM ET

Patrick Mahomes (kneecap) remained "full" on Thursday.

Mahomes avoided setbacks on Wednesday and is good to go for Sunday's road trip to Tennessee. Even with the two-week layoff, Mahomes immediately slides back in as a top-three option against a pass defense that has quietly been reeling. The Titans also just lost starting CB Malcolm Butler for the season.

Nov 7, 2019, 4:59 PM ET

Rotoworld take:

Patrick Mahomes will start Sunday against the Titans.

Coach Andy Reid said that Mahomes will start Sunday "unless something changes" between now and game time. He practiced in full all week and is good to go for Sunday. The return of the 2018 league MVP is obviously a massive boost for everyone involved in the Chiefs' explosive offense. Mahomes should also benefit from the improved health of his skill position players, as Week 10 will his first game this season with each of Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins healthy for 60 minutes *knocks on wood*. The Titans defense has been significantly better against the run (No. 3 in DVOA) than the pass (No. 20) through nine weeks.

SOURCE: Adam Teicher on Twitter.

Nov 8, 2019, 2:11 PM ET

Playing Winston over Mahomes, want to see him in action one week before I start him. Has a Bye coming up as well then a very tough part of the schedule. 

If your league allows trades this late, not a bad idea to shop him right now while the coast is clear. 

Playing Winston over Mahomes, want to see him in action one week before I start him. Has a Bye coming up as well then a very tough part of the schedule. 

If your league allows trades this late, not a bad idea to shop him right now while the coast is clear. 
I have Brees and Winston in a good  money 8 team league. It’s cutthroat but a lot of fun and quite competitive. I just traded Mahomes and Sutton straight up for Micheal Thomas. Seems like a lot but I don’t think I lose much with brees or Winston and now I get what should be a big upgrade at WR. 

Patrick Mahomes completed 36-of-50 passes for 446 yards and three touchdowns in Kansas City's heartbreaking Week 10 loss to the Titans.

You wouldn't have known he was only two weeks removed from a dislocated kneecap. Following an overturned interception on Kansas City's first offensive play from scrimmage, Mahomes responded by capping off a nice 11-play, 69-yard scoring drive with a short play-action shovel pass to Travis Kelce (7/75/1). He continued to make numerous mind-bending highlights throughout the afternoon including a 63-yard touchdown to rookie Mecole Hardman that saw the former MVP hop up in a crushed pocket and throw off his left foot. Presumably at full health, Mahomes returns to being a confident Top Two play at his position over the second half of the season. He and Lamar Jackson will sit atop the rankings hierarchy in Week 11 when the Chiefs square off against the Chargers on Monday night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Brees and Winston in a good  money 8 team league. It’s cutthroat but a lot of fun and quite competitive. I just traded Mahomes and Sutton straight up for Micheal Thomas. Seems like a lot but I don’t think I lose much with brees or Winston and now I get what should be a big upgrade at WR. 
I may have effed up...

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
why? hes a league winner, trade FOR him.
You're absolutely right but the knee dislocation really shook me when I watched it on live TV. I thought for sure he would be done for the year, I'm shocked my QB decision to start Winston didn't cost me a win this week but I'll happily re-insert Mahomes. Many forget that he had not produced like this since Week 3. He had a bum ankle and most of his point totals from Week 4 until yesterday were just middle of the road. 

Good call BSS

Patrick Mahomes completed 19-of-32 passes for 182 yards, one touchdown, and one interception in the Chiefs' 24-17, Week 11 win over the Chargers Monday night.

The 182 passing yards were a career-low for a non-injury shortened game for the reigning MVP, but he didn't play like he had a career-low night. Tyreek Hill left with a hamstring injury after the first series and never returned. Samy Watkins made little impact in his absence. But Travis Kelce beasted with 7-92-1 on 10 targets after entering halftime with 1-31 on three looks. Kelce made a sick toe-tap grab in the end zone for the 23-yard touchdown in the third quarter which proved to be the game-winner. Despite Mahomes' career-low passing day, his 59 rushing yards were actually a career-high, as he had a pair of 20-plus yards scampers on critical third downs. The 7-4 first-place Chiefs now have their bye ahead of what will be a huge Week 13 matchup against the 6-4 Raiders.

Nov 18, 2019, 11:41 PM ET

I am thinking of trading Mahomes to fill other spots down the stretch.  Oakland is allowing the 3rd most points to the QB position which is great, but in the playoffs KC is @NE (1st vs QBs), vs Den (4), and @Chi (6).  All 3 also have at least the potential for cold/bad weather.

I think his ceiling will be limited in the FF playoffs and I think I am a seller, mainly because I still have holes elsewhere. 

Willing to be talked out of this.

I am thinking of trading Mahomes to fill other spots down the stretch.  Oakland is allowing the 3rd most points to the QB position which is great, but in the playoffs KC is @NE (1st vs QBs), vs Den (4), and @Chi (6).  All 3 also have at least the potential for cold/bad weather.

I think his ceiling will be limited in the FF playoffs and I think I am a seller, mainly because I still have holes elsewhere. 

I tried to sell and nobody wanted to pay the price I was asking. I obviously wanted a lot, thought someone would bite. They did not so I kept him and hoping he can do what he's known for doing.

My season has really hinged on getting the Week 14 bye simply because of the NE matchup and Mahomes.  I’m in solid position to get it though which is why I haven’t.

DEN/CHI don’t scare me...he was picking DEN apart before the knee injury and both offenses struggle to maintain offense.  Plus, by week 15/16, I can see some ‘checkouts’ from a disappointing season perspective on both those teams.

The weather can be a dice roll for sure...but I suspect that you won’t get the return for Mahomes you’re looking for and I feel good enough about 15/16 to stick with the guy.

My season has really hinged on getting the Week 14 bye simply because of the NE matchup and Mahomes.  I’m in solid position to get it though which is why I haven’t.

DEN/CHI don’t scare me...he was picking DEN apart before the knee injury and both offenses struggle to maintain offense.  Plus, by week 15/16, I can see some ‘checkouts’ from a disappointing season perspective on both those teams.

The weather can be a dice roll for sure...but I suspect that you won’t get the return for Mahomes you’re looking for and I feel good enough about 15/16 to stick with the guy.
Den and Chi just feel like slow games where KC wont have to score much to win.  IDK.. probably one of those things I will regret cause I love owning him but he's one of my few remaining tradeable assets.

Den and Chi just feel like slow games where KC wont have to score much to win.  IDK.. probably one of those things I will regret cause I love owning him but he's one of my few remaining tradeable assets.
Possible, but I also think KC is in a situation where style points matter a bit.  And given DEN/CHI’s inability to control game pace, I figure it’ll be up to KC how they attack - the games Mahomes has been ‘meh’. (DET, IND, HOU, LAC), KC only averaged 24:30 in ToP. 

Patrick Mahomes completed just 15-of-29 passes for 175 yards and one touchdown in the Chiefs' 40-9, Week 13 win over the Raiders, adding 25 rushing yards and a second touchdown on three attempts.

After passing for a career low 182 yards and one score last time out, Mahomes set a new career worst with 175 yards in this one. His 14 completions also matched a career low. When the Chiefs put up 40 points in game last season, Mahomes was typically the one doing the damage. But the Chiefs ran for three touchdowns in this one and also scored one on the defensive side. Mahomes' lone passing score was a short hookup with Darrel Williams in the first quarter. Mahomes gets a tough Week 14 test in Foxboro against the Patriots.

Dec 1, 2019, 7:24 PM ET

Once again Mahommes comes up small in the ff playoffs. Borderline qb2. Waikley better options on the waiver wire

I'm sure it's because he has an inherent genetic weakness that chronically makes him play worse during weeks 14-16 of the regular season and not at all a random quirk of the stats in a small sample size. 

Andy Reid keeps digging him a hole to climb out of by insisting washed up McCoy be involved. The guy cant gain 3 yards to save his life.

I'm sure it's because he has an inherent genetic weakness that chronically makes him play worse during weeks 14-16 of the regular season and not at all a random quirk of the stats in a small sample size. 
:goodposting:

It's definitely not because he was playing a great defense and the GOAT coach on the road in December.

Patrick Mahomes completed 26-of-40 passes for 283 yards with one touchdown and one interception to go with six yards on six rushing attempts Sunday in the Chiefs’ Week 14 victory over New England.

The reigning MVP was dropped for one sack, resulting in a loss of 12 yards. Mahomes jogged all over New England in the first half (226 yards on 14-of-25 passing) but didn't fare nearly as well after halftime as the Patriots battened down the hatches defensively. Mahomes only managed one touchdown against New England's lockdown secondary, which came on a 48-yard deep hurl to lightning-fast rookie Mecole Hardman early in the second quarter. The ketchup-loving 24-year-old was by no means bad, though the highlight-reel plays he's built his reputation on were few and far between in Sunday's nail-biter. Going on three straight games without a 300-yard passing performance, Mahomes will look to rebound when the Chiefs return home to face Denver in Week 15.

Dec 8, 2019, 8:09 PM ET

It’s pretty much a given that if you draft him .....you play him....if you want to try and get cute and play a match up over him and you think you can do that with a dude off the WW....more power to you.....pretty much all the experts have him in the top 5 every week no matter the match up....tough to sit him unless you have another top 5 option which most don't....

this always happens with these kinda of QBs. idk why people get so surprised. sell high on Lamar Jackson while/if you can

Can't tell if you're being serious or playing into the stereotype joke. Mahomes isn't even a running QB. 

And who would the top remaining fantasy QBs even be if you sold Mahomes and all the running QBs? Lamar, Watson, Russ, and Murray for rebuilds pretty much round out the rest of the top 5. 

this always happens with these kinda of QBs. idk why people get so surprised. sell high on Lamar Jackson while/if you can
ooof

Mahomes has been very banged up this year, ankle sprain, knee cap dislocation, etc....the oline in front of him has been a mash unit as well. Kelce seems off, maybe getting old? And how many games did Mahomes and tyreek play together.

Love the kid, love the talent, but heck even I stated you can do better this past week1 of the playoffs, and you could have.

at home vs Denver week15? must start

ooof

Mahomes has been very banged up this year, ankle sprain, knee cap dislocation, etc....the oline in front of him has been a mash unit as well. Kelce seems off, maybe getting old? And how many games did Mahomes and tyreek play together.

Love the kid, love the talent, but heck even I stated you can do better this past week1 of the playoffs, and you could have.

at home vs Denver week15? must start
I think you started the start over him thread,,,,but you probably didn’t.....who did you snag off the ww

you prob still started Mahomes huh...?...lol

and yeah he is probably QB1 or QB2 ranked by most next week

I think you started the start over him thread,,,,but you probably didn’t.....who did you snag off the ww

you prob still started Mahomes huh...?...lol

and yeah he is probably QB1 or QB2 ranked by most next week
DEN has a top pass defense as well, why do you think he is QB1 next week?

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Patrick Mahomes' hand is "OK" and has "no break."

"It's bruised up pretty good but there's no break," Reid added. Mahomes' X-rays ultimately came back negative and he's fully expected to start against the Broncos barring any setbacks. Reid also admitted to altering the play-calling in the second half to account for Mahomes' injury, signing off on more shallow crossers and then leaning on the running game as well. Perhaps that makes one of LeSean McCoy, Spencer Ware, or Darwin Thompson valuable for fantasy moving forward. Either way, Mahomes is a tough sit in the fantasy playoffs as long as he's cleared to play.

SOURCE: Adam Teicher on Twitter

Dec 9, 2019, 1:20 PM ET

Patrick Mahomes (hand) took snaps under center at Wednesday's practice.

Per NFL Network's James Palmer, Mahomes' hand was "really swollen" on Monday and Tuesday but improved enough for him to get in what the Chiefs deemed as a "full" practice on Wednesday. Coach Andy Reid told Palmer Wednesday was the first time Mahomes was really able to grip the ball and drive it downfield since suffering his injury Sunday at New England. The reigning MVP may not be at his best when the Chiefs host Denver in Week 15, but Mahomes at 70 or 80 percent is still better than most.

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

Dec 12, 2019, 2:59 PM ET

Expecting 1-3" of snow on Sunday here in KC starting in the morning and continuing through the game.

Gonna be about 25 degrees with 10mph winds as well.

Damn... I think I may have to start Tanny over Mahomes in a semi final of a $450 league...  Jesus 
I’m considering this exact same move.  Haven’t been able to pull the trigger yet, still have Mahomes in my starting lineup. 

Users who are viewing this thread