Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: QB Patrick ‘Showtime’ Mahomes II, Chiefs

Patrick Mahomes will undergo surgery to repair a torn plantar plate in his foot.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Mahomes "will almost certainly be off the field" for most of the offseason as he recovers from surgery on the turf toe surgery that hampered his mobility in the postseason. Mahomes, who suffered the injury in the Divisional Round against the Browns, was seen limping after almost every play during the Chiefs' blowout loss to Tampa in Super Bowl LV. Apparently not even two weeks of rest could do the trick for the superstar QB. He should be ready to roll for the start of the 2021 season. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Feb 9, 2021, 9:23 AM ET

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Possible to post your full league rules / bylaws? 

He is a wonderful, outstanding resource of a person. ?

Calling it is one thing, bumping 4 old posts to say I told you so is obnoxious. But congrats. 

20 hours ago, IHEARTFF said:

Is this a real post?

One would hope it's just trolling. The other options are hatred, or someone who watches an NFL game, but doesn't understand what they're watching. Another option are post-game stat summary readers.

Edited by crushedspirit
11 hours ago, crushedspirit said:

One would hope it's just trolling. The other options are hatred, or someone who watches an NFL game, but doesn't understand what they're watching. Another option are post-game stat summary readers.

Tanner9919 plays it straight. It's not trolling. It's woefully wrong, but it's not trolling.

• 3 weeks later...

Chiefs general manager Brett Veach said Patrick Mahomes will be “good to go” for training camp after undergoing toe surgery. 

Mahomes has a three-month recovery period, putting him on track for a fairly normal offseason. He had surgery on his injured toe after KC was blown out by the Bucs in the Super Bowl -- a game that saw Mahomes limp around, clearly hobbled by the injury suffered in the Chiefs' playoff win over Cleveland. Barring a setback, Mahomes should be the first QB off the draft board in 2021 fantasy leagues. 

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk.com 

Mar 1, 2021, 10:40 AM ET

• 2 weeks later...

Coming off an injury and now without both starting Tackles. I don't own any shares of Patty but I was just wondering how everyone else feels about his situation heading into next season? Seems troublesome to say the least. I'm not sure what their cap situation looks like. 

43 minutes ago, farfromforgotten said:

Coming off an injury and now without both starting Tackles. I don't own any shares of Patty but I was just wondering how everyone else feels about his situation heading into next season? Seems troublesome to say the least. I'm not sure what their cap situation looks like. 

He was missing his tackles and had said injury in the superbowl and still threw a ball while horizontal to the ground that thread multiple defenders to get right on his man's face mask in the endzone.  Of course, his wr dropped it, but he's the GOTM.

O-line and Watkins replacements are something to monitor as far as picking out the point in a redraft where I would consider taking the leap.   Continuity is nice, but no real concerns for dynasty.   I'm pretty sure the Chiefs won't forget to support their QB.    I think that the large cap hit at QB will eventually take more of a toll on their defense, which might not be so terrible for Mahomes fantasy outlook.

His cap hit stands at 13.16 %, so that's not the issue. The cap problem is due to Clark, Jones, and Mathieu taking up 35.77%. All from a very average D. They can't cut Clark and Jones due to dead money, but Mathieu can be, and save them 15 mil in the process.

22 hours ago, farfromforgotten said:

Fisher tore his Achilles in the AFC title game, he wasn’t going to be playing in 2021 anyway. Mitchell Schwartz Is somewhat surprising but was in the last year of his deal coming off a season long back injury. Hopefully they can create some more space to maybe sign a FA or address some other need and draft a OT.

Mahomes just restructured which I expect to be a reoccurring theme over each of the next 10 years....his contract has that language built in already......kind of similar to how Brady always remained flexible.....think it freed up about 18 mil.......just can't see them releasing Mathieu.....this restructure covers that.....think they may be a couple mil over still....would be nice if Clark redid or took a pay cut...

• 3 months later...

Patrick Mahomes (toe surgery) said he was able to "do the things that I needed" at OTAs.

"I don’t see any problems moving forward," Mahomes said at the final practice of minicamp. "Obviously, I’ll have to continue with the rehab, continue to work on those things. But I feel like I had a good OTAs." Coach Andy Reid confirmed Mahomes was "full-go" during offseason workouts. Mahomes is only four months removed from surgery but continues to progress ahead of schedule. The Chiefs expect Mahomes to be 100 percent for the start of training camp.

SOURCE: chiefs.com

Jun 18, 2021, 8:02 PM ET