What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Joe Mixon, HOU (4 Viewers)

This dude, and a 2021 first, were just traded for Allen Robinson and a 2021 2nd....obviously in a dynasty.  I don't get either part of that deal.

This dude, and a 2021 first, were just traded for Allen Robinson and a 2021 2nd....obviously in a dynasty.  I don't get either part of that deal.
The league where I own either of those guys I own both, and I probably wouldn't do it if I just had Mixon, but I kind of get it.  ARob is a 26 year old WR that is currently WR8, looks like an animal out there, and is flourishing with one of the worst QB situations in the league.

Mixon is a 23 year old RB that is currently something like RB485, looks absolutely putrid out there (most likely due to effort, but still), and is getting destroyed with one of the worst O-line situations in the league.

I think we are all hoping this year is just like Gurley's 2nd year and Mixon will bounce back in a big way, but that was a much easier fix for Gurley than it is for Mixon.  They went from one of the worst coaches in the league to one of the best and the line, which is very difficult to fix, wasn't that bad.  It seems like there is very little chance the Bengals make a coaching change after one year and that line is going to be difficult to fix.  ARob's QB situation will be a difficult fix as well but he is showing that he doesn't really need it to be a strong WR1, and who knows what that kid's upside is if he does ever actually get some real QB play with how good he is looking on the field right now.

Simply a hold in the hopes they get their act together or he can get out of there. The good news is he's gone to a better place once the contract is up. He won't want any part of this #### show and they won't pay the $ to franchise him. Worst case is one more year in the Cincy hellhole.

Ok, so I really need a rb2 and was offered a trade I don't think I'd take but want a sanity check.

In future picks, how much is Mixon worth? A first? A high first? 3 firsts? 

no way would he bring that kind of return in my leagues. I think you could get a low first and that's it.
As I've mentioned above... Mixon's value is odd- He is worth 2 firsts to most of his owners but no buyer is paying that. 

ETA: there is zero chance I'm taking a lone 1st

Last edited by a moderator:
I would take a lead pipe lock top 3 pick at this point.  I'd try to get more added, but I'd take the chance to reset and run.  He's ultra-talented, sure, but so are the top 3 rookies next year and their situation will be at a minimum equal to his, most likely far better.  If it's not a lead-pipe lock then I'll hold.  Taking a flier pick and ending up with the 1.08 wouldn't be good, better the devil you know.

I think,it’s angood move. Mixon is completely untrustable roght now.
Footballguys like Mixon a lot more over Samuels for the ROS. I'm willing to give up a short term gain for a long term gain. Obviously Connors injury plays into this. I get the fact that Mixon is talented, athletic, studly RB playing for a crappy offensive team and a team that will need to throw it to keep pace. Mixon owners very frustrated. It's not like Samuels is awesome and appears more short term.

Joe Mixon rushed 30 times for 114 yards and caught two passes for 37 yards in the Bengals' Week 10 loss to the Ravens.

The Bengals didn't even try to keep up with Lamar Jackson in this one. There's no reason for Mixon to carry the ball 30 times when the final score is 49-13, but that's where we're at with the Bengals. With fourth-round rookie Ryan Finley under center, it's likely that Mixon gets fed on the ground moving forward. Efficiency will be a concern, but Mixon belongs in the low-end RB2 discussion against the Raiders next week.

Joe Mixon rushed 15 times for 86 yards and one score, hauling in 1-of-3 targets for 17 yards in Cincinnati's Week 11 loss to the Raiders.

Mixon's three-yard run was far and away the best (and only) highlight for Cincinnati as he danced around multiple defenders behind the line of scrimmage to score the Bengals' lone offensive touchdown on Sunday. It was also the first rushing score by any of Cincinnati's running backs all year. Mixon out-carried Giovani Bernard 15 to 3 on Sunday, bringing his edge over the latter to 45-7 since Ryan Finley was crowned as the team's starter out of the bye. With nowhere to go until the organization calls out their No. 1 overall selection in April, expect Mixon to get fed a boatload of meaningless touches down the stretch as a usage-based RB2. He'll be ranked as such in Week 12 against the Steelers.

Nov 17, 2019, 9:13 PM ET

Joe Mixon rushed 23 times for 146 yards and one touchdown in the Bengals' 27-19, Week 14 loss to the Browns, adding three catches for 40 yards on four targets.

Mixon was the offense for the Bengals, and his day could have been much bigger if Cincinnati would have been able to capitalize on its goal-to-go situations a bit better. Mixon was visibly fuming when he didn't get the rock on fourth down on a turnover on downs near the goal line in the second half. But Mixon was able to find the end zone earlier in the afternoon and produced his second 100-yard rushing game of the year. After not scoring on the ground Weeks 1-10, Mixon has three rushing scores over the last four weeks. He'll face the Patriots at home in Week 15.

On one hand, he's finally seeing success. 

on the other, BB wants to take away an offense's best weapon and I gotta assume that is Mixon in his mind.
Trying to weigh this against the degree to which his volume is (or is not) game flow dependent. We've recently seen the Bengals give him 30 carries in a game they lost by 30+ points. I don't feel confident but I still can't sit him for Laird (for instance).

Joe Mixon rushed 25 times for 136 yards in the Bengals' Week 15 loss to the Patriots, adding three receptions for 20 additional yards.

The Patriots' run defense had shored up a bit in recent weeks, but Mixon gashed one hole after another in it. Even in a three-touchdown loss, the Bengals kept Mixon fully established, feeding and feeding him until he posted the second-highest yardage total of his career. The highest came last week. The Bengals are quite literally running out the clock on their tanked season. He has a go-off spot for Week 16 vs. the Dolphins. Keep him locked in as a low-end RB1.

Reportedly caught a stomach bug yesterday.  Anyone considering benching him over it?  I've had plenty of those things and I can't imagine playing football with one or even right after it.

Reportedly caught a stomach bug yesterday.  Anyone considering benching him over it?  I've had plenty of those things and I can't imagine playing football with one or even right after it.
Yes. Will spend next 50 minutes mulling over benching him for Bell.

Rotoworld:

Bengals team reporter Marissa Contipelli said to "keep an eye on" on Joe Mixon's workload against the Dolphins in Week 16.

He's been battling a stomach bug since Saturday. Mixon will be active for Sunday's 1 PM ET kickoff, though his role is "not yet known." This is obviously the last thing fantasy owners want to hear—particularly in finals week—though we'd caution against overreacting. Mixon has been excellent of late and is set up beautifully against a Dolphins defense that has yielded the second-most rushing yards per game (140.9) this year. There's risk, but probably not enough for fantasy owners to move off of Mixon, who ranks second to only Derrick Henry in rushing yards since Week 10.

SOURCE: Marissa Contipelli on Twitter

Dec 22, 2019, 11:47 AM ET

That’s an easy I think. How about for Washington?
really depends how much you don't think Mixon will play. Washington should give solid RB 2 numbers I'd think. Mixon doesn't look great from the little I've seen. I'm debating Boone, Dion Lewis or Hilton for him. Got Boone in now, but ugg. I'll be watching this like a hawk

I've got Damien Williams and Dion Lewis?

I think I gotta go Joe vs the Dolphins.  Pray for my us both.

Should be better next year with Burrow at QB, the OL the drafted last year getting inserted into the line and hopefully more OL drafted this year.

Users who are viewing this thread