What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Joe Mixon, HOU (4 Viewers)

I sold in dynasty last year, kicked myself after seeing him rebound in value in the 2nd half with a lot of meaningless games racking up yards. We'll see if he has flipped back to a buy. I doubt it based on how highly valued he was this offseason, many were saying Burrow would vault him up into the Zeke/Barkley/CMC tier.

Nah. This is how you miss out on the Chubb's and AJB's of the world. You bet on talent unless the situation is ridic (see CEH). 
You know, what I said was a bit too absolute.  I have F1 McLaurin in a keeper league, I bought Chubb everywhere, and I went after Gibson in all leagues.  But I never paid a premium, not even for Chubb, because he wasn't the 1.2 like he should have been. Getting Chubb at 1.4 or wherever I got him was a steal.  Gibson was a late 2nd.   

If I am going out and acquiring a top WR or RB for my dynasty team, and moving multiple quality assets to do so, getting a Jet, a Bengal, or an Artist Formerly Known as a Redskin, just seems to be ignoring recent, and in some cases, decades-long history.  

Joe Mixon (chest) is questionable for Week 4 against the Jaguars.

It's a new injury for Mixon, who practiced fully all week. Downgrades are never a good sign, but Mixon's appeared in 31 straight games and has a history of playing at less than 100 percent. We should know Mixon's status early Sunday. Giovani Bernard would start and be a plug-in RB2 if Mixon sits.

SOURCE: bengals.com

Oct 3, 2020, 10:47 AM ET

I tried to see if I could buy low on him last week in PPR dynasty & his owner flat out refused to sell him at all. As in refused to even talk about possibly making a deal. Wow
Some folks are set in their ways and entitled to their own opinions.

I've seen some believe he's an "elite talent". I have never nor will ever believe that from everything I've seen. When I think elite, I think game changer. I don't believe Mixon is that :shrug:  Doesn't mean he's not a decent back.

As an owner of Mixon and Gio I would rather him just not play. Gio getting all the work is a MUCH better start than Mixon getting only rushing work. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So Mixon practiced all week but is listed as questionable?

If he practiced fully I'd think he'd play.

Boy I could use Gio in this matchup if Mixon is out. 

Any inside info on this injury? Seems like there's nothing out there.

If he is active, who is rolling with him? Who is benching him? 

With Tyreek maybe having his game canceled I’m at a start two between Mixon, Gallup, Unicorn.
I’m going to Gallup with the Unicorn for now unless something else Mixes up the status quo 

Last edited by a moderator:
I own them both as well. Do you pivot to another player like Emmanuel Sanders for instance or play Gio? Could be a big game for Gio. I have not seen enough of Gio in that role though. It could be a tough decision for Mixon owners. I'm thinking of benching him regardless at this point.  Of course that means he will go off.
I guess I’ve learned in these situations to be risk averse unless we get much more clarity.

As long as don’t hear by 1pm tomorrow the KC game is postponed to later this season I will prob go CEH and David Johnson and bench Mixon. 

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Joe Mixon (chest) is expected to play in Week 4 against the Jaguars.

Mixon suffered the injury Friday and was a late addition to Cincinnati's injury report. Even so, he'll be available for his full allotment of reps. Barring a mid-morning update, Mixon is fully expected to play his usual role with Gio Bernard coming in on third down.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 4, 2020, 12:00 AM ET

I pulled him for Henderson but with everything going on he snuck back in my lineup at a FLEX spot. Only other options were Unicorn or Shenault. I'll go with the guaranteed touches and hey wouldn't a short TD run be nice? 

Story that only I'll care about: I make a lot of good dynasty decisions but a blunder was definitely taking this guy over McCaffrey and Cook a couple of years ago. I agonized over that decision, probably the longest time I've ever spent on a rookie pick. I was fortunate enough to have to settle (I tried trading out of the pick) for Kamara in the 2nd rd of that same draft though. 

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good as my RB situation would be ####e without AK41.

But McCaffrey + Kamara... what could have been. It's okay to be a tad bit bitter, isn't it? Lol. 

Should have been two easy TDs there that he failed to score on both in a row.  Really poor running.  Frustrating.

Watching him and Hunt run back to back on red zone was eye opening.  Each had two carries and Mixon had so much more blocked for him than Hunt but did so much less with it.

I guess I’ve learned in these situations to be risk averse unless we get much more clarity.

As long as don’t hear by 1pm tomorrow the KC game is postponed to later this season I will prob go CEH and David Johnson and bench Mixon. 
Sage advice for sure!  🙈

Joe Mixon rushed 25 times for 151 yards and two touchdowns and caught all six of his targets for 30 yards and a touchdown in the Bengals' Week 4 win over Jacksonville.

Mixon came into the game questionable after he was a late addition to the injury report. He saw a full workload and was the entire offense, scoring all three of the Bengals' touchdowns. Mixon took a checkdown and hurdled into the end-zone for his receiving score, and then broke off a pair of 20-plus yard rushing TDs. It was a needed breakout, as Mixon entered the Week 4 scoreless and averaging 3.2 YPC. Mixon's workload and health is trending up, but he'll have a tougher Week 5 matchup against the Ravens.

Oct 4, 2020, 4:54 PM ET

DirtyCashDylan said:
I'm sure I'm not alone in this being the first week I benched him haha
I benched him too.   If I could just start the right players.  I’m not guessing right at all this year.  Mixon has value though.   At least we can start him with some confidence in plus matchups moving forward.   

Where are those fools from last week? Show yourselves.
Every year the average fantasy player gets access to better information, better advice, and better analytics. But having an eye for talent is not a cheap commodity like information, it’s a genuine skill and many will never work at developing it. Rejoice when you read a thread like this, it’s evidence that a good fantasy player still has a huge edge over a “YPC zombie” who cannot see beyond the box score 

Every year the average fantasy player gets access to better information, better advice, and better analytics. But having an eye for talent is not a cheap commodity like information, it’s a genuine skill and many will never work at developing it. Rejoice when you read a thread like this, it’s evidence that a good fantasy player still has a huge edge over a “YPC zombie” who cannot see beyond the box score 
Mixon's talent is obvious, but the situation is why I thought people who thought he was a 1st round this year were drinking heavily.  Sure, he can blow up and put up an awesome game against a bad Jags team, but if I am taking a RB in the 1st round, I want it to be a guy who is consistently really good/great, not putting up mediocre numbers more often than not.  That said, the massive amount of injuries happening across the board this year could eventually result in Mixon being a top 10 RB when the season is over, so there is that.  Talent matters, yes,  but situation is huge as well.  Look at how awful an all-world talent like Saquan was doing this year before getting hurt (albeit, a small sample size).  On the flip side, look at Mike Davis.  He has been one of the top fantasy RB's since C-Mac got hurt, but does anyone really think he is one of the better RB's in football?  I doubt it.  Situation matters.

Joe Mixon was added to the Bengals' Thursday injury report with a shin issue, getting in a limited session. 

We never like mid-week injury report additions, but "shin" suggests something along the lines of a bruise. Football players don't get the same kinds of bruises you and I do, but it would presumably be something Mixon could play through. That, of course, is also just a guess. For now, fantasy managers should consider Mixon more likely than not to still practice on Friday and suit up on Sunday. 

Oct 8, 2020, 4:33 PM ET

LOL I needed to bench him to get him going.

Tough matchup this week but this past week was encouraging in terms of usage.  They gotta keep using him in the passing game.

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread