What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Joe Mixon, HOU (3 Viewers)

Just checking twitter for Mixon practice updates, and of course Ben Baby is tweeting about how the Weeknd will be performing at the Super Bowl. 

How do local Cincy fans even follow their teams with this type of coverage?

There was some buzz when it first happened from a doc on Twitter (I know major grain of salt) that cited a study regarding mid foot sprains. Something about a grade 1 is a few days and grade 2 is 3-5 or 4-6 weeks. 

The longer this goes on, the worse it looks. Must have been misdiagnosed otherwise Bengals would have put him on IR (3 weeks). Either that, or he had a setback. Either way, not good. I don't mind him missing Pitt this week, but want this guy healthy for week 12 on when the schedule really opens up.

Bungles being Bungles I guess. The team did the same injury coyness nonsense with AJ Green last year, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. Still, these incompetent beat reporters should have been on this story from the beginning. 

No practice again on Friday. More Gio.

Don't know how you can expect to be confident in Mixon next week unless he gets in full practices every day.

Most mysterious injury ever.

No practice again on Friday. More Gio.

Don't know how you can expect to be confident in Mixon next week unless he gets in full practices every day.

Most mysterious injury ever.
Hope he is healing and returns soon.  Some info on the injury would be nice but that it isn’t happening.   

Joe Mixon Update Account

@Ben_Baby

· 6m

Bengals coach Zac Taylor said RB Joe Mixon is doubtful for Sunday's game. Held out of practice today for precautionary reasons.

Joe Mixon Update Account

@Ben_Baby

· 6m

Bengals coach Zac Taylor said RB Joe Mixon is doubtful for Sunday's game. Held out of practice today for precautionary reasons.
“Joe Mixon Update Account”
I like how Ben Baby is so salty at everyone looking for Mixon updates. If this clown did his job when Mixon first got the MRI weeks ago (results STILL unknown) and actually asked some questions it wouldn’t have been a problem for him. What a hack. If Cincy wasn’t such a joke of a franchise, they might actually have a competent beat reporter.

As for Mixon, still no update. No word on progress, how close he was this week, etc. With the way Taylor and the Bungles jerked everyone around with AJ Green last season, I wouldn’t expect any clarity anytime soon. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Mixon (foot) won't play in Week 10 against the Steelers.

As expected. Mixon wasn't able to work at practice at any point (after the team's bye nonetheless) and should be considered questionable for Week 11 against the Giants. Giovani Bernard, who has recorded at least 18 touches and a touchdown in both of his starts for Mixon the past two games, will remain a plug-and-play RB2 for Sunday. 

SOURCE: Jay Morrison on Twitter

Nov 14, 2020, 5:04 PM ET

*bump*
Just getting this one to the front page as I know I’ll be checking it all day *sigh*

Ben Baby watch is unfortunately back on I guess. And I’m certain we’ll get no questions from him that would provide any useful info.

Per Zac Taylor via our friend Ben Baby Mixon is "day to day."

Wonderful.

Insightful.
Thanks. Nice of him to again not ask any follow up questions. I honestly think Baby doesn’t even want to know and is doing it out of spite at this point. Nobody can be THAT incompetent at their job right? I mean this is literally all a beat reporter is supposed to do. I’ve seen high school football teams with better coverage.

As for Mixon, this is looking like AJ Green all over again. I’m assuming he very well could be out for the season at this point. Sean McVay’s pool boy seems to think this is giving him a competitive advantage every week so we’re not going to get any clarity until he’s active on game day.

lol, a lil petty on your part huh? I mean if we are gonna be petty, yes every roster spot in important especially in roster and player development. 
No, not petty.  You just said they are now paying for not putting him on IR.  I am wondering how you think they are paying for it or suffering because they didn't put him on IR.

How are they paying for it?  By not rostering some backup special teams player?
They may not be paying for it but I sure am.  Gave up a first so I could have him for a playoff push thinking he'd be back after their bye at the latest.

I have Mixon.  When he first went down I grabbed Gio.  Played him and he did well for me.  Then, thought Mixon was a one week deal and waived Gio for some other player.  No one grabbed Gio and I again grabbed him as a FA and now won't waive him again until I see a healthy Mixon on the field.

Joe Mixon (foot) was held out of Wednesday's practice ahead of Week 11's game against Washington.

Mixon has not played since Week 6, and it seems unlikely he suits up this weekend. It's an odd one to understand, as the Bengals could have put Mixon on short term IR in order to bring in another ball carrier and activated Mixon once healthy. Perhaps Mixon has simply been on the wrong end of "week-to-week" for over a month. Gio Bernard is an easy start and will be ranked among the top 24 players at his position.

Nov 18, 2020, 6:40 PM ET

He’ll come back hot once I’m mathematically out this year, same thing as last year.  

After getting Mixon 2 years running in redraft I’m getting “don’t do it you idiot” tattooed on the back of my hand so I see it next August come draft night and the nightmares can finally end.

I’m assuming he’s out for the season at this point.
I don't see why that would be the case.  The bungles have been out of contention for a while, they're basically playing to get their young team game experience playing together.  In order to do that they need the whole team.  Otherwise why not bench everyone?  They already know they've got their qb and two solid wrs, why risk them?

As a Mixon and Gio owner, at this point I just want them to IR Mixon for the year already so I can be done with this mess and free up a roster spot. 

As I already stated, player development and just not having to deal with the headache of players not playing is a big deal. Which when players are hurt and they are in limbo, the team pays for it and fellow team mates do as well by not having the best chance to win with your core around the rookie QB.

I'll say it again, they are paying in player development cuz they didnt IR a guy who has already missed more then the minimum number of weeks. Clearly its an issue for their fans as wellw ho question the team and its not just me while disputing it is just another line of 2020 and people denying the facts.

It is not disputable or debatable that mismanaging your roster in the era of covid is a bad thing that hinders any team good or bad. Being a winning or losing team doesnt mean roster management is any less important or means you dont pay for it.

They are paying for it. I'll said it again, they are paying for it cuz this is a business and draft can make or break teams. The Bengals are paying for it dearly with that one roster spot that a player could be providing coaches with insight on the Oline that they may be able to draft a different player cuz they have one in the pipe, again player development, sorry to get deep, but you didnt realize how petty you were so I explained twice.

Imagine if the Jags didnt give an undrafted rookie a run, would they know what they have? To assume practice squad players moving up to develop isnt a big issue is one that I shouldnt be shocked about anymore in the era of my fantasy team is all that matters in football. lol
So do you think the Bengals are paying for it?

No, not petty.  You just said they are now paying for not putting him on IR.  I am wondering how you think they are paying for it or suffering because they didn't put him on IR.
I have not followed Mixon's situation very carefully.  Was his injury initially diagnosed as something which would require at least three games out?  It is easy to Monday-morning quarterback, but when a player who is key to your team's success is injured, that initial diagnosis (and second opinion) is vitally important.  If it was initially believed Mixon would recover and return within three weeks, it would have been mismanaging the team to IR Mixon.  If, however, the team either grossly mis-diagnosed Mixon's injury or failed to IR Mixon after a diagnosis that he would be out three weeks, then leaving Mixon on the active roster was certainly a case of mismanagement.  That could have been valuable practice time for a young, developing player.

For the sake of comparison, have the Saints put Brees on IR?  I don't believe they have (yet).  If there is a reasonable chance Brees can return inside of that three-week window, it would be foolish to IR him.  If the injury lingers and the team chose wrong, their decision does not suddenly become mismanagement.  You make informed decisions based on the best information available after due diligence, and you live with the consequences.

Have Gio, but no Mixon. Wouldn't mind trading for Mixon just to lock up this backfield and it seems like you Mixon owners are frustrated enough to just get rid of him for...something.

What's worth it to you? A flex worthy RB?

For example, thinking of offering L. Bell for Mixon. 

Have Gio, but no Mixon. Wouldn't mind trading for Mixon just to lock up this backfield and it seems like you Mixon owners are frustrated enough to just get rid of him for...something.

As a fellow Bell owner, I would say he is not flex worthy. He is nearly drop worthy.  His only value at this point is as a handcuff, which is considerable value in the KC offense, but as long as CEH remains healthy, Bell has essentially no value.  I would guess it will take a substantial offer to pry Mixon away from someone now that they have already endured a prolonged absence and he is nearing return.

I don't think that's enough.  Bell has done absolutely nothing this season, on either team he's been on.  He's actually a FA in one of my leagues.

I don't know if it helps you gauge what it'll cost, but I traded for Mixon 2 weeks ago.  I gave up Melvin Gordon + Tonyan.  Sucks he's been sitting on my bench since that trade with his mystery injury, but I also have Gio so it's not a big deal to me.

In my dynasty league I traded a first plus for Mixon a week before the bungles bye.  Personally I'm stuck with him at this point.

In a dynasty I don't see how you trade him for anything less than a late first considering he's still looking like a redraft late first/early second pick next year.

I don't think that's enough.  Bell has done absolutely nothing this season, on either team he's been on.  He's actually a FA in one of my leagues.

I don't know if it helps you gauge what it'll cost, but I traded for Mixon 2 weeks ago.  I gave up Melvin Gordon + Tonyan.  Sucks he's been sitting on my bench since that trade with his mystery injury, but I also have Gio so it's not a big deal to me.
That's pretty much what I keep hearing from the Mixon owner.

Ben Baby update any minute now...

Ben Baby

@Ben_Baby

Bengals RB Joe Mixon not present at the beginning of practice.

2:18 PM · Nov 19, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Yeah, if I didn’t have Gio and just Mixon, I wouldn’t consider that offer. Bell looks line just a lottery ticket handcuff at this point. And it’s shocking how little KC is running the ball at that. You might have more look dealing a WR, as any RB that the guy could use, you’re probably hesitant to give up.

I have Gio and Mixon but considering dumping Gio and not locking up two roster spots on Cincy. Of course that is assuming Mixon is coming back soon, which may not be the case. The backfield today seems to be turning into a full blown committee, with Samaje Perine getting half the touches last week and leading the team in rushing. Before the bye, it was 15 carries for Gio and 10 for Perine (both scoring TDs). It does seem Gio is still the goalline back based on his carry from the 10 yard line last week, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the 240 pound Perine take over if Mixon is out much longer. The league I have them is standard scoring, non-PPR which diminishes the value of Gio's catches.

I have Gio and Mixon but considering dumping Gio and not locking up two roster spots on Cincy. Of course that is assuming Mixon is coming back soon, which may not be the case. The backfield today seems to be turning into a full blown committee, with Samaje Perine getting half the touches last week and leading the team in rushing. Before the bye, it was 15 carries for Gio and 10 for Perine (both scoring TDs). It does seem Gio is still the goalline back based on his carry from the 10 yard line last week, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the 240 pound Perine take over if Mixon is out much longer. The league I have them is standard scoring, non-PPR which diminishes the value of Gio's catches.
I have Gio and Mixon in standard as well, so I can relate regarding the catches. But unless your RB room is stacked, I wouldn’t drop him. I’d put the odds on Mixon returning this season less and less with every week that passes. Cincy still has some nice games on the schedule so I would hold. If another week goes by and it looks like Perine is making this more of a RBBC I would reconsider. 

Yeah, if I didn’t have Gio and just Mixon, I wouldn’t consider that offer. Bell looks line just a lottery ticket handcuff at this point. And it’s shocking how little KC is running the ball at that. You might have more look dealing a WR, as any RB that the guy could use, you’re probably hesitant to give up.
Curious how Mixon owners would feel about this offer now. Have to think we're getting close to rage drop mode with this guy. Feels like he just aint comin back.

I was thinking of offering my Mixon for his Chris Carson.  Just a swap of injury headaches.  But the Carson owner in my league is kind of an ### so I skipped it.

Leveon Bell would be an insta-reject. He's been terrible and the guy he's behind isn't exactly lighting the world on fire either, so the handcuff value is even spotty.

Curious how Mixon owners would feel about this offer now. Have to think we're getting close to rage drop mode with this guy. Feels like he just aint comin back.
Yeah, I don’t think I’d even want to waste a roster spot on Bell at this point given the Chiefs RB usage and the odds that they just use another RB in a committee with Bell if CEH were to go down. So that deal would do nothing for me personally. 

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Joe Mixon (foot) "does not have a major injury."

Mixon going four weeks without practicing has raised eyebrows, but the Bengals don't believe Mixon is dealing with something overly serious. Of course, Mixon's practice reports will tell the full story next week. Until Mixon can get in a full practice, expect Giovani Bernard to handle most of the Bengals' touches out of the backfield. Mixon has an RB1 ceiling down the stretch if he can get right.

RELATED: 

Giovani Bernard

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Nov 20, 2020, 6:54 PM ET

Razors Edge said:
Reality check, if you miss a quarter of the season by being mishandled by not being put on IR when you already miss 4 weeks.

You have a major injury. If you have an injury that can IR you, its major. Maybe not season ending, but a quarter of the season is a major injury.
I agree but its the Bungles so of course they mishandled it. I drafted him in 2 leagues this year and traded him away in one because I needed a WR1. At that time I thought he was playing that week and am still shocked that he is still out. In the league where I still have him I was unable to get Bernard on the waivers because someone else beat me to him. This is so frustrating!!!! I think I blame whoever named this thread because I  usually only hear my middle name when I am in trouble so whoever named this thread has doomed Mixon to having injury troubles.  

Razors Edge said:
Cut Mixon if you need the spot. 😉 DO IT!
My top 3 backs that I drafted in 1 league were Sanders, Mixon and Taylor. I was happy after the draft but now am tempted to drop all 3. 

My top 3 backs that I drafted in 1 league were Sanders, Mixon and Taylor. I was happy after the draft but now am tempted to drop all 3. 
I doubt any RB on wire has the upside that Mixon has in the playoffs IF he can get healthy.  

Users who are viewing this thread