What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (1 Viewer)

These women throwing Janet under the bus and saying they never felt uncomfortable around Dan and were just playing a game are worse then what Dan did.. They should be absolutely embarrassed watching this tonight. :thumbdown:
Yea how this all played out is crazy.

I mean, i guess get it.  They didnt want to hurt their games or come across as overreacting.  But its just cringeworthy they way the handled it.

Yeah, there's gonna be some fallout from this over the next few days.  Hard to tell what really happened here but if they really used the false harassment stuff for game purposes....they're gonna catch some major #### for it

Yeah, there's gonna be some fallout from this over the next few days.  Hard to tell what really happened here but if they really used the false harassment stuff for game purposes....they're gonna catch some major #### for it
It said on the show tonight that the producers had to talk to the contestants about boundaries, so it seems there were legit complaints about Dan's touchy feely stuff. Boo to the women that didn't own that it bothered them.

These women throwing Janet under the bus and saying they never felt uncomfortable around Dan and were just playing a game are worse then what Dan did.. They should be absolutely embarrassed watching this tonight. :thumbdown:
If women want to know why sometimes thier complaints aren't taken seriously, watch tonight's Survivor.

They said Dan made them feel uncomfortable to the point that Survivor producers had to intervene and issue a warning.  Then when asked by Dan if he made them uncomfortable they acted shocked and pissed that anyone would even suggest such a thing.

I dont think it was false.  I think they got nervous about repercussions of saying something and backtracked. 

It's just a really odd situation. I believe that Kelley felt legitimately uncomfortable. But based what I think were ridiculous claims of sexism last week, I'm not sure how to take that. That being said, if someone's uncomfortable with this sort of thing, that's their right.

Elizabeth seemed to be ok with it, but given what has gone on at US swimming, who knows what she has been conditioned to see as "ok" or "normal".

Missy I can't really read. 

I dont think it was false.  I think they got nervous about repercussions of saying something and backtracked. 
We know it wasn't all false as we saw his inappropriate behavior.. But back tracking, and on camera saying you were just playing the game is reprehensible. As pointed out above, it is that kind of statement that makes others not believe someone when it really happens. As a father, it real makes me :angry:

It is a game for money, and I can see why they didn't want to piss him off, especially since he has people in his circle. However, they could have said he may just be affectionate by nature, but it is a bit too much and it makes them uncomfortable, and it would be cool if he would keep his hands to himself.  :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
We know it wasn't all false as we saw his inappropriate behavior.. But back tracking, and on camera saying you were just playing the game is reprehensible. As pointed out above, it is that kind of statement that makes others not believe someone when it really happens. As a father, it real makes me :angry:
yea completely agree.  But its a tough spot to be in especially if you don't feel safe.  This sort of stuff happens all the time and doesnt make sense.  I will be curious to hear what they say about it. 

Dan semi-apoligized and seems like one of those touchy feely people who doesn't realize how inappropriate it is.

Aaron on the other hand... Beyond dog poo on my shoe.. I hope his Mom and sisters watched this and ripped him a new one for his eye rolling jerkiness. :thumbdown:
Or refuses to acknowledge it.  Just the fact he kept insisting they move past it was enough for me.  Glad Jeff refused to let him off the hook. 

I feel like most of the likeable people are gone now.  sigh.

Just wonder if more was said to the producers and/or Jeff as he really wanted to talk about it at tribal.  And yeah Missy is a terrible person to throw Janet under the bus like that.  I get it's a game and lying is part of it, but this situation is not one to be lying about (and the girl with the curly hair can be thrown in the same boat as she was opening saying she would lie about Dan to get on the right side with Kelly)

Oh yeah Aaron is pretty Douchey, why does he assume he would "know about it" if something was going on?  Because he's Alpha male on the tribe?  Don't think there is much of anyone that makes the rest of this season worth watching

Missy and Elizabeth are catching #### on fan sites,twitter, IG and from former players. 

Can people explain piling on the Dan guy? 

He was told by the 2 remaining women that he did nothing wrong repeatedly. What is he supposed to think at that point? They specifically mentioned sleeping with him in the shelter and being fine with him. 

Jeff did him a favor I think by pressing him because his answer was fine I thought.

I was really rooting for Kellee to win, so I'm bummed she got blindsided.
I think what Missy and Elizabeth did was worse than the lie that Johnny Fairplay told.

I get the sense that Dan was handsy around women before Survivor, but not in a malicious/predatory/Weinstein type of way. Now he's going to have to go back to his life being known as "that guy" that can't be trusted around females anymore.

But Feely Dan gets his own special episode? And then it turned out that it didn't really happen? I'm really confused.

I gotta say, all the things Dan said after, and how he reacted and felt about it, felt genuine and appropriate and I wish more people would behave with his class if in a similar situation.
:confused:   It happened. Didn't you see when they showed multiple instances of him touching multiple women from multiple angles? Hi-def and night vision? 

Are people really defending this guy? Holy crap. This is so disappointing. I thought the reactions here were sad after last weeks episode, this week's responses are downright depressing.

I meant Missy and Elizabeth's part in this
If i recall a few episodes ago Missy was also touched oddly by feely Dan and it was shown(actually they showed it last night).  I think she she was being honest when she said that she felt uncomfortable then realized that it could impact her game, got scared and backtracked.  I really wish she hadn't done that but what you have is crazy gameplay all in the middle of this stuff and of course what happens all the time in real life, someone scared to say something because there may be negative repercussions.  You wonder why people come out 5, 10 years later and say something, thats why.

The fact still remains, Dan made a number of the women feel uncomfortable.  And sometimes, people who feel uncomfortable arent ready to speak up about it.  I think thats where the back track was.  And surprise, the person who stood up about it got the boot and the other got screwed gamewise.  Dan deserves everything he has coming to him. 

I may be wrong but I though Liz after talking to Janet said (to the producers/camera) that it didn’t really bother her. Out of all of them, she did mention that it wasn’t a big deal to her. Kelly absolutely was bothered by it 100% and I think Missy was as well but I recall Liz sort of telling Janet what Janet wanted to here but then saying she didn’t really feel that way. A bit on the skeezy side but being part of a minority at the merge she didn’t want to rock the boat if she knew Dan was going instead of her.

Missy in particular should be embarrassed to come back to the country.  No idea how you live that down.

Handsy Dan is probably creepy IRL too -- which will come out after the season's over.

I may be wrong but I though Liz after talking to Janet said (to the producers/camera) that it didn’t really bother her. Out of all of them, she did mention that it wasn’t a big deal to her. Kelly absolutely was bothered by it 100% and I think Missy was as well but I recall Liz sort of telling Janet what Janet wanted to here but then saying she didn’t really feel that way. A bit on the skeezy side but being part of a minority at the merge she didn’t want to rock the boat if she knew Dan was going instead of her.
I watched it again this morning.  Missy was def uncomfortable and said so to both Kellee and Liz.  Liz acknowledged that dan was touching everyone and was happy she didn’t get touched last night.  Said that to missy.  

but Liz wasn’t gonna let that impact her game and said she wasn’t really bothered. How bothered she really was who knows.  Maybe she wasn’t.  Or maybe she was and just wanted to focus on game only.  Missy also while uncomfortable after hearing Kellee was gunning for her and even when talking to Kellee said she didn’t want this to impact her game.  Once she heard Kellee was gunning for her the she jumped on board Liz’ plan.

thsts what i gather transpired.  I bet in final tribal if they are on the jury we see an absolute massacre of Feely dan.  

https://ew.com/tv/2019/11/13/survivor-jeff-probst-island-of-the-idols-epsiode-kellee-dan/

It seems like most of the complaints were about Dan unnecessarily getting too close or allowing his hands to linger (for lack of a better term) while everyone is sleeping in the shelter. The "too close" thing is obviously very subjective and MAYBE a bit overblown. As we've seen for 20 years, these people basically sleep on top of each other for warmth and due to a lack of space.  Its a VERY gray area and its obviously impossible to determine whether he crossed the line based on the limited footage that we get to see.  The hands thing is more clear cut. I dont see any reason why you should be leaving your hands on someone's leg/hip/stomach/wherever if its not crystal clear that they want you to do so.  To me, its pretty clear that Dan was inappropriate here and it to me, it seems intentional.

It seemed like Missy's one specific complaint was Dan sort of playing with her feet during the merge feast. It didn't seem like she was bothered by it (to the extent that Kellee was bothered) but more just weirded out.  While this maybe isn't as overtly sexual as the hands in the shelter thing, there's really no way to explain this from Dan's point of view.  If you're playing with a relative stranger's dirty disgusting Survivor feet after you've known them for like 2 weeks (and dont have some sort of mutual physical/romantic relationship clearly defined) you're doing it for your own enjoyment. And obviously that's not ok, even if the person you're touching doesn't make a big stink out of it.

Then there was the whole rustling Kelley's hair incident.  Again, you shouldn't touch anyone who doesn't want to be touched. But in a vacuum, this seemed like a massive overreaction on Kellee's part.  Of course, it didn't occur in a vacuum. Kellee was already upset with Dan's other touching, so ANY touching was upsetting her at that point.   Its her right to feel that way, and I guess i can see how the specific act could be seen as a passive-aggressive show of dominance towards her. 

At the end of the day, you dont touch anyone who doesn't want to be touch. Sometimes its hard to know that unless they say something, but anyone with a brain in their head in 2019 stays on the "dont touch" side of things these days....especially if you're an older man touching women and CERTAINLY if its all being recorded and played on national TV.  Because of this, I'm less inclined to dismiss this as Dan being an innocent "old school guy" who is "very physical" and more inclined to believe that he's at least sometimes inappropriate in real life and doesn't know how to turn it off. 

Ridiculous. The “lesson” was contrived and absurd. 
Yea what i dont like is that after that, in the spot he was in, he was definitely gone.  Very hard to recover even with his little pen and paper trick.  Adding a bit of luck to the equation. 

Also why the hell wont anyone fess up about what and who are actually at the island of the idols.  I just dont understand why they cant be straight up about it.

• Dan gets over-friendly with half the tribe.
  • Kellee in particular is skeezed out by it, but afraid to go to Dan because she's worried it will hurt her.
  • Janet stands up for all of them.
  • Two of Dan's touchees recant to avoid consequences.
  • Kellee gets voted off the island and Janet is on the outs.
  • Everyone else continues on.
You know.  Just like it happens IRL.

It seems like most of the complaints were about Dan unnecessarily getting too close or allowing his hands to linger (for lack of a better term) while everyone is sleeping in the shelter. The "too close" thing is obviously very subjective and MAYBE a bit overblown. As we've seen for 20 years, these people basically sleep on top of each other for warmth and due to a lack of space.  Its a VERY gray area and its obviously impossible to determine whether he crossed the line based on the limited footage that we get to see.  The hands thing is more clear cut. I dont see any reason why you should be leaving your hands on someone's leg/hip/stomach/wherever if its not crystal clear that they want you to do so.  To me, its pretty clear that Dan was inappropriate here and it to me, it seems intentional.

It seemed like Missy's one specific complaint was Dan sort of playing with her feet during the merge feast. It didn't seem like she was bothered by it (to the extent that Kellee was bothered) but more just weirded out.  While this maybe isn't as overtly sexual as the hands in the shelter thing, there's really no way to explain this from Dan's point of view.  If you're playing with a relative stranger's dirty disgusting Survivor feet after you've known them for like 2 weeks (and dont have some sort of mutual physical/romantic relationship clearly defined) you're doing it for your own enjoyment. And obviously that's not ok, even if the person you're touching doesn't make a big stink out of it.

Then there was the whole rustling Kelley's hair incident.  Again, you shouldn't touch anyone who doesn't want to be touched. But in a vacuum, this seemed like a massive overreaction on Kellee's part.  Of course, it didn't occur in a vacuum. Kellee was already upset with Dan's other touching, so ANY touching was upsetting her at that point.   Its her right to feel that way, and I guess i can see how the specific act could be seen as a passive-aggressive show of dominance towards her. 

At the end of the day, you dont touch anyone who doesn't want to be touch. Sometimes its hard to know that unless they say something, but anyone with a brain in their head in 2019 stays on the "dont touch" side of things these days....especially if you're an older man touching women and CERTAINLY if its all being recorded and played on national TV.  Because of this, I'm less inclined to dismiss this as Dan being an innocent "old school guy" who is "very physical" and more inclined to believe that he's at least sometimes inappropriate in real life and doesn't know how to turn it off. 
That wasnt the only one.  Dan like groped her body while she was sleeping.  the showed a clip of it earlier in the season and at the beginning of the episode.  I have no doubt there are other instances.  I think the feet thing was just the example that came to mind at the time. 

I am curious to see if Dan actually stops. 

Missy and Elizabeth should probably hope they don't win this thing.  They'll be forgotten (sort of) if they're voted out, but if they win the narrative that follows is ugly for them IMO.

Kellee is an idiot for not using one of her idols.  What was she thinking?  You can never be that comfortable when you have 2 idols.

Dean thanked Kellee for saving him last week, by not even telling her they were talking about her in the vote.  Way to pay her back.

You find a note hanging in the jungle and you lose your vote?  What an awful idea.  Write what you want on a piece of paper?  It can be anything?  How about the Boston Rob Legacy Advantage, "This entitles the bearer a chance to play survivor for 4 seasons, in season 4 you will play with all first timers basically awarding you the winner."

I can't even express how terrible it was what Elizabeth and Missy did.    

What a terrible couple of episodes.  Not a likable character left in the bunch.

Dean thanked Kellee for saving him last week, by not even telling her they were talking about her in the vote.  Way to pay her back.
Why does he owe her anything? It’s a game. She saved him for her own purpose and she got voted off because of it. Do you think her name comes up at all if it weren’t for Noura spilling her plan? I know all the metoo discussions owned through episode but I think that pre-merge discussion was a lot bigger in that vote than we saw. Kellee was an absolute moron not playing her idol, just based on that. 

Man this season is running into all kinds of issues with behavior and attitudes.
It amazes me how people go on these shows and forget they are on a show.  You do realize that people back home are going to see this, right?
Feel free to lie, cheat and steal.  But, be sexist, racist or anything like that ... or use harassment as a weapon, people are going to see it.

Kellee is a moron for not using one of her idols.  A complete moron.

My favorite left is Elaine, she just seems to have the best attitude ... which means she is doomed.

That wasnt the only one.  Dan like groped her body while she was sleeping.  the showed a clip of it earlier in the season and at the beginning of the episode.  I have no doubt there are other instances.  I think the feet thing was just the example that came to mind at the time. 

I wonder if this episode has opened up a can of worms for Dan. He is a talent manager. After this episode, I bet there are some parents, husbands, boyfriends, friends, etc. of the girls/women he represents or has represented that are asking them if he ever touched them in an inappropriate way.

I wonder if this episode has opened up a can of worms for Dan. He is a talent manager. After this episode, I bet there are some parents, husbands, boyfriends, friends, etc. of the girls/women he represents or has represented that are asking them if he ever touched them in an inappropriate way.
I would be shocked if we dont see others come to light after this. 

I think the main reason Kellee messed up is because of Noura outing her from the previous tribal. While I think she covered for it as best she could, saying Noura was making that up, she really didn't know if others believed her or not. If they don't believe her then she is definitely a target. So use the idol (since you have two) and if they didn't believe you and targeted you, you save yourself. If they did believe her, and didn't target her, then she wasted an idol, but she knows now that they probably believed her over Noura.

To this incident I'm just saying the women had the producers of the show on their side, they had the voting numbers on their side to remove him, they would have had the support of all the people on the show. Missy and the Swimmer went out of their way to tell Dan he was good, specifically mentioning sleeping with him in the shelter, with the Swimmer saying something to the effect they just went along to "get her off their back". They told Dan he was good in front of everyone. The Swimmer did it in her one on one with no one listening the following day.

At some point you have to wonder about the editing because this doesn't make sense. It is just a reality show, this isn't "60 Minutes".

If the guy is a creep and exposed that is great. 

I like Survivor and have watched from the beginning. Over the years it is definitely apparent that Survivor is trying to push social issues within the show. I don't mind this because I think they have good intentions and are trying to show examples how people with different beliefs or outlooks can interact and get along with each other despite their differences. 

Which brings us to Dan. I almost wonder if they intentionally cast him because during the interview process they got a "handsy" vibe from him that they knew might cause problems on the show. I have a hard time reconciling that the metoo movement has just occurred, and "surprise!" Survivor has a potential metoo issue on their show. It feels kind of set up (as a good majority of things on reality TV are).

Kellee is an idiot for not using one of her idols.  What was she thinking?  You can never be that comfortable when you have 2 idols.

You find a note hanging in the jungle and you lose your vote?  What an awful idea.  Write what you want on a piece of paper?  It can be anything?  How about the Boston Rob Legacy Advantage, "This entitles the bearer a chance to play survivor for 4 seasons, in season 4 you will play with all first timers basically awarding you the winner."

I can't even express how terrible it was what Elizabeth and Missy did.    

What a terrible couple of episodes.  Not a likable character left in the bunch.
Yep I could see if she had only one and you are maybe getting the vibe you are ok to save it.  But you have 2 idols, live to play another day - play the idol! And who says you don't find it again the next day after you play it?

Yep I could see if she had only one and you are maybe getting the vibe you are ok to save it.  But you have 2 idols, live to play another day - play the idol! And who says you don't find it again the next day after you play it?
That’s so true. Finding idols is more like trick or treating now. I still think that some get (handed out) placed for people to find. On the outs with the tribe but an important person to start interesting TV squabbles like Janet? Ooh, look and idol right there.

I like Survivor and have watched from the beginning. Over the years it is definitely apparent that Survivor is trying to push social issues within the show. I don't mind this because I think they have good intentions and are trying to show examples how people with different beliefs or outlooks can interact and get along with each other despite their differences. 

Which brings us to Dan. I almost wonder if they intentionally cast him because during the interview process they got a "handsy" vibe from him that they knew might cause problems on the show. I have a hard time reconciling that the metoo movement has just occurred, and "surprise!" Survivor has a potential metoo issue on their show. It feels kind of set up (as a good majority of things on reality TV are).
Interesting and it wouldn’t surprise me. I don’t doubt that Kellee was 100% uncomfortable with Dan and that others were less comfortable but I’m surprised there wasn’t more shown. The cameras are on 24 hours and they showed him spooning with Missy and his arm on her at least 3 times just last night.

Dan is absolutely creepy and over touchy to the point where it’s inappropriate but I do wonder how much Survivor was trying to make it a bigger issue. I don’t for one second think that they weren’t thinking about ratings and all the discussion off show.

The thing for me that says it was really an issue is that the producers had a talk with them as a group and individually.  If they see enough in the filming to feel that is needed, then there was either a real issue, or some of the women sold it really well.

Why does he owe her anything? It’s a game. She saved him for her own purpose and she got voted off because of it. Do you think her name comes up at all if it weren’t for Noura spilling her plan? I know all the metoo discussions owned through episode but I think that pre-merge discussion was a lot bigger in that vote than we saw. Kellee was an absolute moron not playing her idol, just based on that. 
He doesn't technically "owe" her, but she went out of her way to save him, she could have just used the idol on herself.  Maybe she was showing off a move for later on, but he was definitely going home if she doesn't intervene.  Maybe the person who wasn't originally aligned with you and went out of their way to give you an idol to survive a tribal might be a good ally going forward.  

If he just gave her a hint she was going home, she stays, Dan goes and is Dean worse off?  Didn't see him being really aligned with Dan.  IT's probably a good idea to keep players around who will work with you, the game changes quickly.

He was told by the 2 remaining women that he did nothing wrong repeatedly. What is he supposed to think at that point? They specifically mentioned sleeping with him in the shelter and being fine with him. 
We saw at least 2 times this season (and I'm pretty sure there was a 3rd) where Kellee directly told Dan she was uncomfortable and to stop touching her. His "I had no idea!" crying at tribal means he's either an oblivious moron, or a serial creep that uses that as his go-to defense.   

Users who are viewing this thread