What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (7 Viewers)

I don't know....I kind of like it....tests your ability to adapt on the fly when all hell breaks loose which says a lot about where you are at overall in the group instead of just a portion of the group....I enjoy it when people go to tribal and try to shake things up....if they are not allowed to talk to each other they would be at the mercy of Jeff asking them a question or raising their hand to speak or something....information revealed at tribals can really change the game for some players at the last minute....
Yes people shaking things up at tribal is the best part and can make for great blindsides or alliance flipping depending on what is said. Im all for players speaking out so all can hear but hate when they break up into groups and whisper to each other a new target or whatever.

Honestly one of the worst episodes in the show's history.  Normally you need a strong vote-out segment to counteract the despicable LUUUUUUURVE interruption, but here, the viewer had no idea what was happening either before or during tribal.  If you're going to keep allowing these whisperfests, subtitle them.  Everyone's wearing a mike.  Not that hard.  

Terrible cast.  Very bad season.  

I actually dont mind if noura gets the GOAT treatment the rest of the way. She's obviously annoying and an easy defeat at final TC but at least she's competitive in some area. She's won immunity.

Karishma was 100 percent useless at everything plus super annoying. Good riddance.

I'll never understand the loved one reaction. It's absurd. The game ain't that stressful. 

I actually dont mind if noura gets the GOAT treatment the rest of the way. She's obviously annoying and an easy defeat at final TC but at least she's competitive in some area. She's won immunity.

Karishma was 100 percent useless at everything plus super annoying. Good riddance.

I'll never understand the loved one reaction. It's absurd. The game ain't that stressful. 
I used to kind of feel the same way....but then again I've never been away from my family and friends for over a month with zero contact.....deprived of sleep and/or sleeping in terrible conditions on bamboo or some ####...in down pours.....no TV or movies or social media or real booze to keep you in touch/break/chill.....limited food..losing a ton of weight (which would be nice)...and then playing a pretty social game which maybe has you questioning the person that you are.....testing your physical, mental, and social capabilities....strangers trying to beat you for a mil.....I could see how some stolen moments with a loved one would be refreshing and I don't think the reactions we see by 95% of the players are in any way fake....

Last edited by a moderator:
Noura is a supreme idiot.
There have been a lot of crazies over the years, including some from international versions of the show, but I've never seen someone as manic and scattered as Noura.
And even if others wanted to keep her as a goat, how can anyone think they can use her vote? There's a better than 50% chance that she backfires on you.

Yeah, I wonder how long her alliance switch rant went on in real time- 10,20,50 minutes?

Also when looking for the idol Noura asks what color was it. After they tell her blue she says just keep saying the word blue and it will program your brain to find it, we won't even have to look it will just appear . And through the magic of TV it did.

Yeah, I wonder how long her alliance switch rant went on in real time- 10,20,50 minutes?

Also when looking for the idol Noura asks what color was it. After they tell her blue she says just keep saying the word blue and it will program your brain to find it, we won't even have to look it will just appear . And through the magic of TV it did.
that #### works bud.....

The General said:
They edited that weirdly. Why would Dean have done that, and then why wouldn’t the people who were supposed to be voting the redhead guy out be pissed about Dean blowing it up.
Not being able to rely on Nora, this shifted the vote her way and, probably more importantly, left him as a possible ally for the rest of the tribe.   This is a better outcome than being on the losing side of the vote after targeting Tom.  He would have had little chance of finding an "in" under those circumstances.  The move was very clever, IMO.

During survivors first few seasons I cant remember them have these tribal councils battles right before the vote.  I can`t remember Jeff actually outing people and putting doubt into voter minds.  Did this happen or did they just show up and vote.

Okay here's what I don't understand about the 3-2 majority split with 8 left. If the person who gets three votes has an idol, then the person who gets 2 votes could still be safe if the 3 people not in the alliance vote for one of the majority.
Yep.  Made no sense.

Not being able to rely on Nora, this shifted the vote her way and, probably more importantly, left him as a possible ally for the rest of the tribe.   This is a better outcome than being on the losing side of the vote after targeting Tom.  He would have had little chance of finding an "in" under those circumstances.  The move was very clever, IMO.
What? This doesn’t make sense. He would be in the majority of 4.  He didn’t need an in.  Course it meant relying on Nora for this TC and at least 1 more.

What? This doesn’t make sense. He would be in the majority of 4.  He didn’t need an in.  Course it meant relying on Nora for this TC and at least 1 more.
Crazy unreliable Nauru being the swing vote probably made all the difference for Dean....he wasn’t buying Naoroa bailing on her alliance....and he was right.....and now he showed Tommy and the rest he is willing to play.....he and Tommy have something even tho Tommy knows Dean didn’t support the other girl that bailed him out

Crazy unreliable Nauru being the swing vote probably made all the difference for Dean....he wasn’t buying Naoroa bailing on her alliance....and he was right.....and now he showed Tommy and the rest he is willing to play.....he and Tommy have something even tho Tommy knows Dean didn’t support the other girl that bailed him out
I don't think he was right.  I think crazy lady was going to turn.  Until Dean outted her.  Then she had to deny it and make all those crazy claims.  She was scrambling to save herself because she got caught.

I don't think he was right.  I think crazy lady was going to turn.  Until Dean outted her.  Then she had to deny it and make all those crazy claims.  She was scrambling to save herself because she got caught.
Yup. I can't blame Dean for not trusting her but unless something happened behind the scenes, there's nothing to prove that she wasn't going to go along with the plan. She had every opportunity to spill the beans before Dean.

• Janet, Elaine, Lauren (winners group)
  • Tommy, Dan, Dean (second place)
  • Noura (goat)
Unless all three of the women in the first group get the boot, one of them wins it IMO.

Tommy, Dan, Janet, Lauren vote out Elaine (biggest remaining threat outside their alliance) should be next vote IMO.

While I agree the cast is not great this season, I dont understand why people think this season sucks? I've been thoroughly entertained. 
:goodposting:  , been other seasons I'd put above this one as the "most suckiest ever".. Thailand being #1 imo.. 

I disagree with the bolded.  He wasn't right.  At least not initially.  When he talked to Tommy, it was THEN that she reacted.

I disagree with the bolded.  He wasn't right.  At least not initially.  When he talked to Tommy, it was THEN that she reacted.
Agreed. I actually like the play in the end. Noura’s on the outs and no one wants Elaine going forward so he’s the swing vote in the 4 person alliance. Being with Karishma and Noura with a 4-3 majority would scare me. None of his four are really loyal to him. Maybe he can make in roads with some of the four (preview showed cracks) and get dragged to final 3.

I don’t think Dean can win but I would be impressed at him getting to the end not as a drag along.

ETA: I just thought of the unlikeliest scenario ever but maybe Dean could have won if it was Karishma, Noura and him are the end. Even then I don’t know if he would have won over some sob story. He’s kind of a meh person who hasn’t really made connections or done noticeably well. 

That's the key, isn't it?

The editing just prior to tribal was weird.  We see Noura "playing out the numbers" with leaves in the sand...  The epiphany of the majority that Noura's vote might not be a sure thing...  In fact,   I'm not sure they didn't abandon the flawed 3-2 split before tribal.  I think all their votes were going Karishma's way.

We'll see how it plays out and whether the move was good or bad for Dean.

Oh wow. See ya. Should have done it sooner. I wonder who he touched this time? Cameraman? Medic?

At first I thought it was a 2 hour episode.

Wonder what this off-camera, not with a contestant, incident was...
Had to be someone on the show staff. If it’s not a player there’s no one else. I assume it wasn’t off island/historical because it said another incident happened and it wasn’t a player. The show’s in the can before they air so it’s not like somebody saw the show and decided to come forward.

Well that better answer the question on whether Dan will be part of the reunion show. Gave him a second chance and he still couldn't keep his hands to himself.

Sad they voted Elaine out, even though it was the right move.. So tired of drag along players, aka Noura...

Would love a.. Sorry, we are going back to only two when they get to four and watch :jawdrop:  

Good riddance.  Before TC Dan was talking about being final 3 with Dean and Tommy. I thought, there is no scenario where this guy wins this game.  Just no way. He's done nothing except grope the women.  Glad he's gone. 

The finale and reunion show won't be live apparently. They're going to film it from 1-4pm PT and then broadcast it on TV at the usual time at night. Seems laughable to think they'll be able to keep the winner from being leaked prematurely

PEOPLE has spoken to multiple people involved with the show’s production, who confirmed that the incident in question — which involved a member of the show’s production team — happened after an immunity challenge as Spilo and other contestants were getting into a boat to transport them back to the camp.

The incident was not caught on camera, but at least one other contestant witnessed it

I left after Elaine was voted off. Had no idea what happened until right now. I didn’t dvr it so I don’t have the full scoop

The dude can’t control himself for 30 days in front of 20 cameras AND was confronted and warned about it?!?!  Can’t imagine what the creep is like in real life behind closed doors. 
Yeah, you'd think there will be some other shoes to drop once he's back.

The dude can’t control himself for 30 days in front of 20 cameras AND was confronted and warned about it?!?!  Can’t imagine what the creep is like in real life behind closed doors. 
The guy is a talent agent..god only knows what he has done in the past to "help further careers"

But maybe he slipped getting on to a boat after challenge and accidently grabbed a crew members boobs to regain his balance.

So true.  I bet we see more people come out.  Lock him up.

Yeah now that he's publicly a creep, I'm sure there will be some aspiring actresses that will come out about other stuff he's done.

So the guy basically ruined his and his family's lives. Nice work loser

This whole Dan thing, every aspect, was mishandled by the show. Even with the advanced knowledge of how this ended, they couldn't get it right, capped off with the optics of "If it's a contestant, fine. But we draw the line at a member of the production crew." 

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/survivor-metoo-scandal-questions-swirl-around-why-contestant-dan-was-mysteriously-kicked-off-show/

According to multiple sources, the magazine says he inappropriately touched the woman’s leg and at least one other Survivor contestant witnessed the incident. He maintained that the touching was an accident caused by his losing his balance on the boat, but Survivor show staff were not convinced by his explanation.
I joked to my wife that it was probably the old "Had to grab your boob to get my balance" trick. Wasn't too far off...

Users who are viewing this thread