What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Wayne Gallman, ATL (1 Viewer)

Weebs210 said:
Going to disagree. Gallman is a great stash at the moment. Darkwa and Perkins are bad...vereen looks bad and can never stay healthy. Gallman can catch and looks to be the best runner. Giants are 0-4 and need a change.
Inasmuch as this is a Gallman thread, I would expect most folks in here to disagree.  Skeptics tend to get shouted down in these threads.

Weebs210 said:
Going to disagree. Gallman is a great stash at the moment. Darkwa and Perkins are bad...vereen looks bad and can never stay healthy. Gallman can catch and looks to be the best runner. Giants are 0-4 and need a change.
Inasmuch as this is a Gallman thread, I would expect most folks in here to disagree.  Skeptics tend to get shouted down in these threads.

Sorry for Perkins...but with TyMontgimery and Williams practicing for the Packers (have Jones and Gallman)...this helps my decision greatly.

Damn, play in a non-PPR and lost Cook.  Was going to play White tonight (opponent has Brady and Gronk is out), but if Perkins is out.....Damn Thursday night games

Weebs210 said:
Giants are 0-4 and need a change.
Another way to look at this is “the Giants are 0-4 because they can’t run the ball and their OL stinks”. 

But y’all might be right. Maybe a change at RB will cure what ails them. 

I’d temper expectations. Tough division, tough schedule. 

I don’t know about that - seems pretty balanced. I’m a skeptic and those in support of Gallman haven’t shouted me down so much as disagreed. 

Only time and the game on the field will tell us who was right or wrong. 

Another way to look at this is “the Giants are 0-4 because they can’t run the ball and their OL stinks”. 

But y’all might be right. Maybe a change at RB will cure what ails them. 

I’d temper expectations. Tough division, tough schedule. 
You could be right. I'm just glad I have a ticket...And maybe a spot starter for this week's juicy match up(if Perkins is out)

Orleans Darkwa (back) was upgraded to "full" in Thursday's practice.

Darkwa's upgrade comes the same day Paul Perkins (ribs) was downgraded to "DNP." If Darkwa can return against the Chargers, he should cede the early-down lead to Wayne Gallman.
If Perkins is out, Gallman would start over Darkwa. The staff has no blinders for Darkwa the way they have for Perkins. Darkwa had been running better than Perkins for over a month.

Paul Perkins - RB - Giants

Paul Perkins (ribs) is out for Week 5 against the Chargers.

This is good news for fantasy, as Perkins isn't someone who should be owned right now, and hot waiver-wire pickup rookie Wayne Gallman's path is now cleared a bit. Gallman had a strong Week 4 with 50 yards and a score on 13 touches and has some RB3/FLEX appeal against a Chargers defense traveling cross-country for a 1 PM start. Perkins is considered week to week.

Source: Jordan Raanan on Twitter

Oct 6 - 10:33 AM

Important news on Perkins to be sure.

Still not convinced Darkwa won’t also get a lot of work, but at least that removes an obstacle for Gallman.

An important note is that Gallman is getting a lot of good press on his pass pro work last Sunday - supposedly an area that Darkwa struggles in.

As a Giants fan, let me say that the staff isn't as enamored with Darkwa like they were with Perkins due to "inconsistent" pass protection marks. With Perkins out Gallman is the starter, Darkwa the COB back. This is the best possible news for Gallman owners, IMHO you now know unless Gallman flubs an assignment or is just ineffective for a stretch, he's the guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Giants fan, let me say that the staff isn't as enamored with Darkwa like they were with Perkins due to "inconsistent" pass protection marks. With Perkins out Gallman is the starter, Darkwa the COB back. This is the best possible news for Gallman owners, IMHO you now know unless Gallman flubs an assignment or is just ineffective for a stretch, he's the guy.
I hope your right but I think there's a lot of wishful thinking in this.  I'd bet that if Gallman opens up with 3 carries for 4 yards, Darkwa will get plenty of opportunities to be "the guy"

I hope your right but I think there's a lot of wishful thinking in this.  I'd bet that if Gallman opens up with 3 carries for 4 yards, Darkwa will get plenty of opportunities to be "the guy"
I'd agree with you on this normally, but Darkwa has looked better than Perkins all year. It's been maddening to see him not get chances really until the Eagles game where he he then got hurt. I'd be surprised to suddenly see him get the load now. Basically how people have been talking about Gallman looking better than Perkins here, people could easily insert "Darkwa" where "Gallman" was and it's the same thing in the arguments. 

Would any.of you rather roster Buck Allen or Gallman?
It depends on how much passing down work Gallman gets. It's notable he got a decent amount last game, but there were only 2 RBs left (him and Vereen). Also the Giants have limited Vereen's workload all year due to his injuries in the past. I think Gallman has a good shot to see passing down work so Gallman.

Darkwa is in the mix, but if Gallman goes 3 for 4yds its likely because the Oline is trash... Darkwa is, imo, a good hard runner, but very limited overall.  He ALSO seems to get dinged a lot and has been fighting off some injuries.

The giants are 0-4, in need of some life this season but surely already thinking ahead in the big picture. The assumption in NY has been Gallman would get his chance, and when he does likely am extended look if/when the opportunity presented itself.

We thought that meant Perkins sucking (he did, and Gallman got looks) and Darkwa either ineffective or limited. 

Now that you add 0-4, my concern is less about playing time and competition and more about a crappy line. Darkwa is very unlikely to be anything more than a hard running COB that does best in limited duty.

Would any.of you rather roster Buck Allen or Gallman?
Gallman, easily. A less crowded and far less talented competitive landscape and a team very close to turning the page and looking to the future (not 'giving up' on the season yet, but knowing where they stand)

I like Buck, but Wilson seems to be favored for a more traditional back role with more chance to become 'the guy' if there is ever to be one... if not, West still gets goal lone carries for now, and the mix just seems random.

Darkwa is in the mix, but if Gallman goes 3 for 4yds its likely because the Oline is trash... Darkwa is, imo, a good hard runner, but very limited overall.  He ALSO seems to get dinged a lot and has been fighting off some injuries.

The giants are 0-4, in need of some life this season but surely already thinking ahead in the big picture. The assumption in NY has been Gallman would get his chance, and when he does likely am extended look if/when the opportunity presented itself.

We thought that meant Perkins sucking (he did, and Gallman got looks) and Darkwa either ineffective or limited. 

Now that you add 0-4, my concern is less about playing time and competition and more about a crappy line. Darkwa is very unlikely to be anything more than a hard running COB that does best in limited duty.
I think the very limited comment is key. When Darkwa is on the field, it's likely going to be him running the ball and he's probably not in there to pass protect. Gallman has better receiving skills, it would appear, and could make the defense think a bit more rather than just bring in Vereen for obvious passing situations.

It depends on how much passing down work Gallman gets. It's notable he got a decent amount last game, but there were only 2 RBs left (him and Vereen).
Agreed

My problem is I can get Gallman for free right now but I'd have to drop Allen.

If he gets alot of touches Sunday it'll cost me alot of bid pts come tuesday

Gallman, easily. A less crowded and far less talented competitive landscape and a team very close to turning the page and looking to the future (not 'giving up' on the season yet, but knowing where they stand)

I like Buck, but Wilson seems to be favored for a more traditional back role with more chance to become 'the guy' if there is ever to be one... if not, West still gets goal lone carries for now, and the mix just seems random.
Collins?

Agreed

If you think Alex Collins' role grows even a little where he gets passing down work in the future, drop Allen for Gallman. This is a golden opportunity for Gallman vs. the Chargers, if he succeeds you have a legit RB2 on your hands. Allen will never evolve above Flex outside of PPR.

Agreed

Do it. Allen is trash and nothing more than a 3rd down back. Even if Collins flops(fumbles) would you ever feel good about starting Buck? Plus Woodhead will be back  eventually.

IMO depends on your league and your need.

Allen is still getting targets (6 ea in the last 3 games) so more valuable in PPR. They haven't made Collins a 3 down back and I don't think they will. West doesn't look good at all. 

Speculative play is Gallman all day with a higher ceiling. He could pan out, or he couldn't.  

With Freeman on a bye and Cook out for the year I am forced to roll with Gallman this week.  I would be thrilled with 10 points in a ppr setting.

Yeah... Can't be good. I heard he is one of their better lineman as well. Still though he should get a good amount of touches.
Brett Jones will be the starter at Center, and he's been good sliding all over the line. I don't worry about him or Pugh, it's Flowers/Hart/Jerry that scare me.

SNY's Ralph Vacchiano thinks Wayne Gallman "could end up with the majority of carries" this week.

With Paul Perkins sidelined and Orleans Darkwa coming off a back injury, Gallman is in line to start and should lead the Giants in carries coming off his strong Week 4 debut. There's a chance for him to run away with the starting role given how much Perkins (1.9 YPC) has struggled. The Giants offensive line has been a disaster through four weeks, but Gallman is on RB2/FLEX radar against a Chargers defense that's allowed the second-most rush yards in the league.

Vacchiano is just paraphrasing what most are saying here - Gallman could be... .  Big test this Sunday.  I am contemplating starting Gman instead of Blount even with Smallwood likely out.  I'll throw a dart on Sunday and see where it lands. 

I dunno, we still have Vereen to worry about too, he has also received a few carries.  Weeks 2, 3, and 4 he received 6, 1, and 5 carries, respectively.

Throw in a few carries for Darkwa most likely and almost all the passing downs for Vereen and Gallman may not be looking too hot.  Don't mean to throw shade, I have him in both my leagues, just trying to make the best start decision.

I dunno, we still have Vereen to worry about too, he has also received a few carries.  Weeks 2, 3, and 4 he received 6, 1, and 5 carries, respectively.

Throw in a few carries for Darkwa most likely and almost all the passing downs for Vereen and Gallman may not be looking too hot.  Don't mean to throw shade, I have him in both my leagues, just trying to make the best start decision.
Gallman and Vereen had the same amount of targets last game. Plus Vereen has been very ineffective and is injury prone. Not to worried about him.

My current thoughts on McGuire/Gallman. 

NYJ have a better O at this point, and Bilal has been a little more than serviceable. Gallman on a lesser O has a better chance to have the bigger share. 

Both good speculative plays but I have Gallman a touch higher...

do you agree/disagree ?

My current thoughts on McGuire/Gallman.

NYJ have a better O at this point, and Bilal has been a little more than serviceable. Gallman on a lesser O has a better chance to have the bigger share.

Both good speculative plays but I have Gallman a touch higher...

do you agree/disagree ?
Gallman saw more snaps and was utilized more in his first game active than McGuire has at any point this season, Gallman also has a much better match-up. No one has really run on Cleveland this year despite a lot of opportunity (9th most attempts, 10th fewest yards allowed). It's certainly possible that McGuire outperforms him but I think he also has a lower floor.

Thank you both. I should've indicated I'm looking at this for a long term speculative play for this system. 

My roster this week is set ... long term ROS who do you think has the better value.

I'm thinking that Gallman has a better shot a taking over the lead back than McGuire does. But I've gone back and forth a bunch. 

Thank you both. I should've indicated I'm looking at this for a long term speculative play for this system. 

My roster this week is set ... long term ROS who do you think has the better value.

I'm thinking that Gallman has a better shot a taking over the lead back than McGuire does. But I've gone back and forth a bunch. 
I have Gallman over McGuire at the moment. Powell is good enough to limit McGuire. I made room to carry both though.

I have Gallman over McGuire at the moment. Powell is good enough to limit McGuire. I made room to carry both though.
I managed to get Gallman,Mcguire, and Collins all onto my bench via speculative adds previous few weeks.. Think i'm going Gallman with perkins news.. but it's a tough choice.

Users who are viewing this thread