What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Wayne Gallman, ATL (2 Viewers)

Given the situation, do you start Gallman over Blount?  Is Gallman going to share time or his he the main ball carrier this week? 

Given the situation, do you start Gallman over Blount?  Is Gallman going to share time or his he the main ball carrier this week? 
I think he's main ball carrier for giants, with smallwood out, i think clement takes over his role and blounts role remains the same.

Contemplating dropping Chris Thompson for him. It's hard not to get enticed by these kinds of rolls of the dice.  I didn't want any part of the Giants backfield to start the year, but I really like Gallman's potential right now.

Contemplating dropping Chris Thompson for him. It's hard not to get enticed by these kinds of rolls of the dice.  I didn't want any part of the Giants backfield to start the year, but I really like Gallman's potential right now.
No offense, but ARE YOU INSANE?!?!!!??!!!

Wait...let me start over....Thompson is very good.  If you were considering dropping Rawls or Miller or Burkhead, we could have a conversation, but please don't go trading away Chris Thompson willy nilly for a PROMISING maybe.

Rove! said:
Championship
I can name less talented guys who have actually helped win fantasy championships. I remember having Asiata drop 30 burgers on my opponents.

I think he's main ball carrier for giants, with smallwood out, i think clement takes over his role and blounts role remains the same.
I don't think Clement takes over Smallwood's role. He probably sees more carries but Barner is now officially their best pass catching back.

No offense, but ARE YOU INSANE?!?!!!??!!!

Wait...let me start over....Thompson is very good. If you were considering dropping Rawls or Miller or Burkhead, we could have a conversation, but please don't go trading away Chris Thompson willy nilly for a PROMISING maybe.
It's incorrect but not insane. Thompson's touches will always be capped and he's masked that with some huge and frankly unsustainable long plays in September. I would 100% try and move Thompson instead of dropping him but I also wouldn't be surprised if Gallman out produces him ROS if he takes over the NYG backfield.

Yah, if you have depth but need to improve your competitiveness I could see moving Thompson...it just sounds whack.  But I don't know your roster, etc...

Currently starting Gallman and Collins over Martavis, Crabtree, and Fuller in 0.5 ppr. Is that crazy? I know there are a few Collins truthers in here too..... waddya all think gents?

Currently starting Gallman and Collins over Martavis, Crabtree, and Fuller in 0.5 ppr. Is that crazy? I know there are a few Collins truthers in here too..... waddya all think gents?
No to both. Fuller is a poor man's Bryant who can get you a 0 at the drop of a hat. I have Martavis and I'm benching him, seems like he's going to play through illness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brett Jones will be the starter at Center, and he's been good sliding all over the line. I don't worry about him or Pugh, it's Flowers/Hart/Jerry that scare me.
I was just reading through posts on NYG message boards and everyone unanimously agrees that Richburg is a below average run blocker and that Jones is actually an upgrade in that respect.

I picked up Gallman this week also but untill I see him get the majority of the carries I cant start him over guys like Blount. Im an Eagles fan and clement will be involved this week but Smallwood was a good pass catcher but Clement isnt so even though he will get a few touches he wont be used like Smallwood

I like him coming off a National Championship program. I've watched enough of his tape to know he can be a starting RB.

He's not great in any area but he's someone who's got above average power, elusiveness, and vision.

If the hole is there, he's going to hit it. He's occasionally going to slip into the secondary but isn't a true homerun hitter.

In a sense, he's everything Paul Perkins isn't. A tough between the tackles grinder who will get what's blocked for him.

Starting over cohen.  It's close but I think nyg scores more points and I don't like Cohen with a rookie QB making his first start vs a good def.  Bears also seem committed to still using cunningham in some passing situations.  

Like gallman alot in this matchup

Starting him bc of the match up. I don't understand picking up someone and then not starting them until they "show something". You might as well be chasing pts in that case. 

I picked up Gallman this week also but untill I see him get the majority of the carries I cant start him over guys like Blount. Im an Eagles fan and clement will be involved this week but Smallwood was a good pass catcher but Clement isnt so even though he will get a few touches he wont be used like Smallwood
I don't get the hesitation. Perkins is out so he's going to be the starter, and it's already been announced he'll get a majority of carries. I wish I could start him, but I literally don't have a spot for him in my LU.

I like him coming off a National Championship program. I've watched enough of his tape to know he can be a starting RB.

He's not great in any area but he's someone who's got above average power, elusiveness, and vision.

If the hole is there, he's going to hit it. He's occasionally going to slip into the secondary but isn't a true homerun hitter.

In a sense, he's everything Paul Perkins isn't. A tough between the tackles grinder who will get what's blocked for him.
Don't forget he falls forward too!

FWIW, it's been rainy at the Meadowlands all morning, so between that and the matchup, I do expect the Giants to commit to the running game.

I don't get the hesitation. Perkins is out so he's going to be the starter, and it's already been announced he'll get a majority of carries. I wish I could start him, but I literally don't have a spot for him in my LU.

Don't forget he falls forward too!
It hasn’t been announced that he’s the starter OR that he’ll get the majority of the carries.  Reporters have speculated that both of those things are true, but AFAIK, no NYG coaches have said these things.

It hasn’t been announced that he’s the starter OR that he’ll get the majority of the carries.  Reporters have speculated that both of those things are true, but AFAIK, no NYG coaches have said these things.
He got the majority of carries last week didn't he?

Jordan Raanan @JordanRaanan

Fantasy Alert: Expectation is Wayne Gallman + Orleans Darkwa will split carries vs #Chargers 31st-ranked run D.

There's no way he doesn't get it. Vereen is not due to Giants trying to keep him fresh (injury plagued last year and when given the job he wore down and fumbled) and Darkwa doesn't have the staff's trust despite looking better than Perkins for months. I've said this before but I'm a Giants fan; barring ineffectiveness/fumbling Gallman is getting the carries with Darkwa changing the pace.

EDIT: BOOM

ESPN's Jordan Raanan reports the "expectation is" Wayne Gallman and Orleans Darkwa will "split carries" against the Chargers.

There have been a variety of reports on the Giants' backfield this week, all of them focusing on Gallman. Coach Ben McAdoo has said he will use a "hot hand" approach, while SNY's Ralph Vacchiano reported Gallman is expected to get a "majority" of the work. We'd guess everyone is right, with McAdoo open to a hot hand, but Gallman getting the first chance to develop it. He's an upside RB3. Darkwa is best treated as an RB4. Oct 8 - 11:22 AM

He got the majority of carries last week didn't he?
Never said he didn't, just that nothing definite has come from the coaches.  Darkwa was inactive last week though when Gallman got those touches.  I don't think he should get more work than Gallman, & I hope Gallman gets the touches (I'm flexing him in a league), but I don't want someone reading this thread for info getting FALSE info.

There's no way he doesn't get it. Vereen is not due to Giants trying to keep him fresh (injury plagued last year and when given the job he wore down and fumbled) and Darkwa doesn't have the staff's trust despite looking better than Perkins for months. I've said this before but I'm a Giants fan; barring ineffectiveness/fumbling Gallman is getting the carries with Darkwa changing the pace.

EDIT: BOOM

Confused.  What's the boom?  That Darkwa & Gallman will split carries?  Because that's what your link said.

Again, I'm starting Gallman & hoping he gets the majority of the work, but nothing definitive is out there that says this will happen.

As a Giants fan I've heard the Darkwa noise before, coaching staff hasn't committed to him for months when he was clearly better than Perkins. I find hard to believe Darkwa will get more carries, Gallman will get the first crack at establishing a greater opportunity share, and against Chargers Run D that's what you want.

I'm more worried about this:

Jordan Raanan‏Verified account @JordanRaanan 3h3 hours ago

Barring late setback by John Jerry (hammy) expectation is Justin Pugh moves back to LG, Bobby Hart back at RT and Jerry at RG, per source
Which means since Jones is at Center, Bobby Hart and John Jerry are BOTH on the right, and Hart will face Joey Bosa... Hart and Jerry are two of the Giants problem O-lineman and Hart had been out before.

Run left all day Giants.

Starting Collins over Gallman. Was a tough decision though.  Here's to hoping he still runs away with the job.

Starting Collins over Gallman. Was a tough decision though.  Here's to hoping he still runs away with the job.
I'm still rolling with Gallman over Collins, even with the news that Darkwa is starting I think Gallman is going to get a lot of work and I'm worried about Collins fumbling a ball on his first drive and riding the pine for the rest of the game.

I'm still rolling with Gallman over Collins, even with the news that Darkwa is starting I think Gallman is going to get a lot of work and I'm worried about Collins fumbling a ball on his first drive and riding the pine for the rest of the game.
I actually like both this week. I am definitely worried about that but if he doesn't fumble I really think he has his break out week.

It's Darkwa with the "starter" label, apparently.  Hard to predict, but I'd be careful with Gallman if I owned him.
This might be Giants trickery, but surprising nonetheless. The only thing I can think of is wanting to ease Gallman in since he's a rookie, but Darkwa starting is silly considering they didn't start him over Perkins.

Shaping up to be a 8-12 touches and about 40 total yards with slight chance of a TD situation. Could be worse for a bye week fill-in in larger leagues. 

"Starter" could just be in on the first play, but it is entirely possible that Gallman doesn't get as many touches as it appeared earlier in the week. The hot hand approach will be worth watching.

I'm a giants fan so I want gallman and Darkwa to do wel today.  But I'm a Darkwa owner in fantasy so selfishly I hope he breaks out.  I'm not sure why he Whole fantasy community was so off of Darkwa and so on gallman all week.   All Darkwa has done this year is produce when given opportunities.  The coaches stubbornly stuck with an ineffective Perkins at starter over him for 4 weeks.  Maybe now it's darkwa's turn and the coaches want to see what he can do with 15+ carries if he starts out hot.  

Either way I'll be happy I just want the run game to get going.  So if it's gallman so be it!

I'm a giants fan so I want gallman and Darkwa to do wel today.  But I'm a Darkwa owner in fantasy so selfishly I hope he breaks out.  I'm not sure why he Whole fantasy community was so off of Darkwa and so on gallman all week.   All Darkwa has done this year is produce when given opportunities.  The coaches stubbornly stuck with an ineffective Perkins at starter over him for 4 weeks.  Maybe now it's darkwa's turn and the coaches want to see what he can do with 15+ carries if he starts out hot.  

Either way I'll be happy I just want the run game to get going.  So if it's gallman so be it!
How is “all Darkwa has done is produce when given opportunities?” Hes had 1 game with more than 3 carries & hebarely averaged 3 ypc?

Even if they split, Gallman is probably the better option for PPR leagues as long as Vereen doesn't siphon those off.

Users who are viewing this thread