What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Chris Carson, SEA - 10.7.21 - Neck Issue (1 Viewer)

I picked Davis up last week only to block my opponent (Carson owner) from picking him up and using him knowing the options were limited... Now I'm glad I got him!

Last edited by a moderator:
Debating dropping him. 

He's so inconsistent, I prob have similar odds by nailing a good FA pickup for a week as I do starting him for when he will succeed. Let someone else put a claim in and navigate the Chris Carson minefield. 

Coach Pete Carroll said Chris Carson (thigh, hip) is "sore" and won't "do much" at practice this week.

Advice: Carson is believed to be battling a new thigh issue after having his leg wrapped following his exit from Sunday's loss to the Chargers. He was previously said to have a hip or groin problem. Either way, it sounds like Carson will be looking at a questionable tag for Week 10 against the Rams in L.A.
Seahawks playing games with the reports... If it's a groin obviously it's serious but it seems to be some sort of deep thigh bruise. It doesn't seem to be an aggravation of his hip injury.

fantasycurse42 said:
Debating dropping him. 

He's so inconsistent, I prob have similar odds by nailing a good FA pickup for a week as I do starting him for when he will succeed. Let someone else put a claim in and navigate the Chris Carson minefield. 
When he plays he has three 100 yd rushing games and he's past his bye. He's easily worth a stash to me. You just need to have a backup plan for his surprise inactives

When he plays he has three 100 yd rushing games and he's past his bye. He's easily worth a stash to me. You just need to have a backup plan for his surprise inactives
When playing he has looked beastly, consistently shedding tackles.   By far their best runner.   

It’s obviously a little uneasy trusting Carroll but if Carson is healthy and starting he is pretty much a must start imo

Chris Carson - RB -  Seahawks

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Seahawks aren't expecting Chris Carson (questionable, hip) to play in Week 10 against the Rams.

The Seahawks plan to take Carson's status into pre-game warmups, but he's on the wrong side of questionable after not practicing all week. Carson has been battling setbacks with his hip injury all season. Seattle will go with Mike Davis as their lead back if Carson sits.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Nov 11 - 11:22 AM

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Monday that Chris Carson (hip) will play on Thursday Night Football against Green Bay.

Thus, Seattle plans on having Carson, Mike Davis, and Rashaad Penny ready to roll against Green Bay, creating a muddy backfield picture. Carroll was noncommittal on each back's role, emphasizing that all three runners can't get the ball frequently in the same game when everyone is available. Carroll, Davis, and Penny will all be high-risk flex options in Thursday night's game.

Source: Bob Condotta on Twitter 

Nov 12 - 5:14 PM

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Monday that Chris Carson (hip) will play on Thursday Night Football against Green Bay.

Thus, Seattle plans on having Carson, Mike Davis, and Rashaad Penny ready to roll against Green Bay, creating a muddy backfield picture. Carroll was noncommittal on each back's role, emphasizing that all three runners can't get the ball frequently in the same game when everyone is available. Carroll, Davis, and Penny will all be high-risk flex options in Thursday night's game.

Source: Bob Condotta on Twitter 

Nov 12 - 5:14 PM
Definitely not starting him. ?

Chris Carson (hip) was removed from the Week 11 injury report.

This was expected after Carson practiced fully. Carson will start, but there's some concern over his workload coming off injury on a short week. He's a high-upside RB2/FLEX against a Packers defense that allows 121 rush yards per game.

Nov 14 - 4:13 PM

Definitely starting him. He probably won't get 20 carries, but he's a guy in that system that if he can get a few receptions his floor is high. Plus as long as he doesn't have a setback the next game after tomorrow is in 10 days.

How is Carson not even on the injury report? Not even questionable??

If Carson played in New England, there's no doubt in my mind he'd be a game time decision. He can't be that healthy.

How is Carson not even on the injury report? Not even questionable??

If Carson played in New England, there's no doubt in my mind he'd be a game time decision. He can't be that healthy.
Practiced in full yesterday, that's why he's not on the injury report.

ugh, not sure what to think here.  I'm not in love with 2 of the RBs I am starting ahead of him, but they feel safer.  Must-win for me this week, though, so maybe his ceiling is worth it.

Who are folks debating starting Carson over? Could be helpful as a gauge.

For myself, it is deciding between him or Funchess in the flex. Leaning Carson's way based on Funchess's recent performance.

Who are folks debating starting Carson over? Could be helpful as a gauge.

For myself, it is deciding between him or Funchess in the flex. Leaning Carson's way based on Funchess's recent performance.
It's either Carson or D. Baldwin for me.

Going Carson. Whenever he's deemed healthy he seems to get the majority of the carries.

Whatever his injury...4 days after not playing to bellcow feels like a short runway.  Couple that with the mercurial nature of Pete Carroll’s whims and I’ll begrudgingly sit him.

Howie Long, on the pre-game, JUST said Carson is out tonight.

Yet I haven't heard that anywhere else.  Maddening.

Chris Carson rushed 17 times for 83 yards and a touchdown in the Seahawks' Week 11 win over the Packers.

Carson's night got off to the worst possible start after he lost a fumble at the Seahawks' own 29-yard on the first play scrimmage. Thankfully for fantasy owners, coach Pete Carroll stuck with him and he delivered with another solid performance. Carson ceded only 14 combined touches to Rashaad Penny and Mike Davis. That would be a lot in a normal offense, but not the Seahawks' run-heavy attack. Operating as a legitimate RB2, Carson has 10 days to rest up for the Panthers in Week 12.
Very nice night for Carson. Was rested the last 5-6 minutes of the game as Davis ran it out. Even after the fumble he had pretty much his normal amount of carries. Still frustrating he doesn't get used in the passing game considering he has good hands, but his floor is solid even if he doesn't get a TD.

Very nice night for Carson. Was rested the last 5-6 minutes of the game as Davis ran it out. Even after the fumble he had pretty much his normal amount of carries. Still frustrating he doesn't get used in the passing game considering he has good hands, but his floor is solid even if he doesn't get a TD.
Seems likely Davis is more the passing back in their eyes. Rookie only got runs too.

Skeletore Eh said:
That’s the impression I came away with as well
The impression I got is that M. Davis is officially out of the mix. His only touches were mop up.

This is Carson with Penny mixed in...until Carson gets hurt. 

Penny still available in waivers in one of my leagues. This guy could be huge down the stretch if Carson goes down again (which is probably likely).

The impression I got is that M. Davis is officially out of the mix. His only touches were mop up.

This is Carson with Penny mixed in...until Carson gets hurt. 

Penny still available in waivers in one of my leagues. This guy could be huge down the stretch if Carson goes down again (which is probably likely).
Mop up?  Davis' carries at the end were some of the most important of the game.  They needed a first down to be able to run out the clock.

Mop up?  Davis' carries at the end were some of the most important of the game.  They needed a first down to be able to run out the clock.
Those were his only carries. 

I'm sure Carson was being rest at that point. Why not just give it to Davis. Game over.

Davis was not given  any other carries throughout the game if I'm remembering correctly.

I believe Davis is still the primary if Carson is injured.  Penny seems like he should be best but maybe they prefer the Davis style of basic running the ball.  But if there are no injuries I think Davis is not relevant to fantasy,  I will be waiving him Tuesday to add something else.

Those were his only carries. 

I'm sure Carson was being rest at that point. Why not just give it to Davis. Game over.

Davis was not given  any other carries throughout the game if I'm remembering correctly.
I guess we're just using a (much) different definition of "mop up".  Protecting a 3 point lead and trying to keep Aaron Rodgers on the sideline is far from my notion of mop up time.

Resting a guy in that situation would be the last thing on a coach's mind.

Agreed - the most important carries. Davis is the most experienced back with 4 years in the league, is the most consistent player when it comes to scheme responsibility, and has 1 fumble in 204 career carries, with none in 2 years with the Seahawks. I agree that they were the most important carries, and I think he is more trusted than Carson and Penny to be the back who does not make a mistake (in gap selection, ball security, or blocking assignments). That said, he is the most fungible of the backs, and I trust that Carson and Penny will get the majority of the touches for the rest of season.

Chris Carson rushed 16 times for 55 yards and a touchdown in the Seahawks' Week 12 win over the Panthers.

Carson opened Seattle’s second drive with a 16-yard run, but he was mostly bottled up early in this one. He also fumbled in the second quarter, but the ball ended up going out of bounds. It was a great break for Carson. Following that fumble, Russell Wilson marched the offense right down the field, and Carson capped the long drive with a one-yard score. He opened the second half with a 15-yard run in which he went flipping through the air after trying to hurdle the tackler, eventually landing on his feet and gaining a couple more yards, and opened the next drive with a 12-yard run. He was mostly bottled up from there, but Carson once again dominated the backfield work. The workhorse on a run-first offense, Carson will be a solid RB2 next week against the 49ers.
 Not a bad game vs. a tough Carolina run D, TD saved his output. As usual zero receptions. 😐

Chris Carson rushed 22 times for 90 yards and one touchdown in the Seahawks' 21-7, Week 14 win over the Vikings on Monday night.

Carson was probably the best offensive player on the field in this one, which was a massive struggle for both teams with the ball in their hands. Russell Wilson threw for just 72 yards and had a mind-numbing interception near the goal line with six seconds left in the first half. This game sat at 6-0 deep into the fourth quarter when Carson bagged the game's first touchdown with 2:53 to go, plunging in from one yard out. He was picking up chunk gains all night and remains locked into lead-back duties for the NFL's run-heaviest team. Carson will again be an RB2 next week at the 49ers. He had 108 total yards against San Fran in Week 13.

Dec 10 - 11:14 PM

Putting him in over Ingram this week. I survived but idk if I can trust Payton another week when Zack Line is getting a goal line carries.  That said Ingram will probably blow up this week now.

Carson is too dependent on TDs.

I feel like Seattle is situational on who gets the goal line carries.

Carson is too dependent on TDs.

I feel like Seattle is situational on who gets the goal line carries.
I dunno, the lead back on the most run heavy team in the league.   He’s averaging 17 carries a week since missing week 10 due to injury and looks to me to be the preferred goal line option.  Penny is the backup.  Davis the 2 minute drill back 

Skeletore Eh said:
I dunno, the lead back on the most run heavy team in the league.   He’s averaging 17 carries a week since missing week 10 due to injury and looks to me to be the preferred goal line option.  Penny is the backup.  Davis the 2 minute drill back 
Yeah...average for the last four weeks:

Consistent usage? Check. Carson (17 rushes, 1.5 targets) vs. Davis (3.75 rushes, 1 target) vs. Penny (6.75 rushes, 0 targets)

Highest snap %? Check. Carson (51%) vs. Davis (26%) vs. Penny (20%)

Highest Red Zone Carries? Check. Carson (14) vs. Davis (6) vs. Penny (3)

Basically, high floor RB2 with consistent usage and production in my opinion.

I'm probably rolling with him over Ware and Ekeler in my flex this week (standard league), primarily because of the injury worries and Carson has a good matchup against SF.  

Skeletore Eh said:
 the lead back on the most run heavy team in the league.   He’s averaging 17 carries a week since missing week 10 due to injury and looks to me to be the preferred goal line option.  
Like others have said, he has an excellent floor.

Users who are viewing this thread