What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Chris Carson, SEA - 10.7.21 - Neck Issue (4 Viewers)

Chris Carson (neck) remained sidelined at Seahawks practice on Thursday. 

It's extra bad news, as coach Pete Carroll had claimed Carson would return on Thursday. He is now looking doubtful for Sunday evening's game against the Steelers, though the Seahawks are the kind of team that will probably take this down to the wire. If Carson doesn't get in at least a "limited" session on Friday, however, it's hard to see him having any shot at suiting up. Alex Collins is the next man up with DeeJay Dallas seemingly the preferred third-down option over Travis Homer. Russell Wilson is sidelined and DK Metcalf (foot) isn't practicing, placing enormous pressure on Collins and the Seahawks' run game. 

RELATED: 

Alex Collins

Oct 14, 2021, 7:07 PM ET

Previous comments indicated he had turned the corner and was going to practice today. Hmmm. Sure hope IR isn't a possibility.

Own both Carson and Collins. Minus Wilson hope I'm not latched onto a sinking ship.

Actually have the D. Harris owner looking to trade for Carson. Considering it. Just get off this train.

kyoun1e said:
Previous comments indicated he had turned the corner and was going to practice today. Hmmm. Sure hope IR isn't a possibility.

Own both Carson and Collins. Minus Wilson hope I'm not latched onto a sinking ship.

Actually have the D. Harris owner looking to trade for Carson. Considering it. Just get off this train.
As long as he isn't trying to swap Damien Harris for Carson, you have to consider it.

Only news I’ve seen so far is “may go on IR” but both yahoo and mfl are showing him on IR already. Idk if they know something we don’t or it was premature

edit: nevermind he’s on IR for sure per twitter as of a couple min ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob Condotta

@bcondotta

Seahawks have officially placed Russell Wilson and Chris Carson on Injured Reserve and activated CB Tre Brown and OL Ethan Pocic off of IR.

7:02 PM · Oct 15, 2021·Twitter Web App

I’m wondering if we’ve seen the last of Chris Carson in the nfl… 

I have a friend who played IHL hockey with the same condition and he’s 45 and basically close to crippled with it. All he does is drive a backhoe and he says that’s agonizing to do in his condition.  I can’t imagine Carson playing nfl football is going to be in that much better overall shape than my buddy who played hockey and had to retire as a result. 

I have a friend who played IHL hockey with the same condition

I don't know if we even know what the exact condition Carson has is. It's just a pretty vague "neck issue", which could be a pinched nerve, a misaligned disc, inflammation, we have no idea. Not even sure if it's nerve, skeletal, or muscular. 

I don't know if we even know what the exact condition Carson has is. It's just a pretty vague "neck issue", which could be a pinched nerve, a misaligned disc, inflammation, we have no idea. Not even sure if it's nerve, skeletal, or muscular. 
Well, I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night and got a great night of sleep. It's clear that any team who would wear neon green uniforms is dealing with mental health issues that psycho-semantically affect the neck .

I believe it’s Arthritis.  

I wouldn't go that far but he's definitely not going to be very reliable this whole season. 
Part of me hopes not but part of me says get out without a catastrophic injury, have always enjoyed watching him play

You get two arms and two legs, but only one neck.  Take care of it

Carson is droppable at this point, right?  Elijah Mitchell is somehow available in my family league, and seems like a better option for my desperate (3-3) team.

Guy with Carson on dynasty league basically dumped him like a bad contract. This cat is usually pretty shrewd in getting value and feels like he basically added Carson in to the deal to inflate his side. Smart move and I think the only way you can get anything for him at this point.

Team A gets 

• Miles Sanders
  • Henry Ruggs
  • Dawson Knox
Team B gets

• Chris Carson
  • Dallas Goedert
  • 2022 1st round pick 1.11 #11 
  • 2022 2nd round pick 2.11 #23 

Heading into waivers tonight, would like to know how droppable people think this guy is. I would love to set up my QB bye week and pick up someone else with upside if he's done. 

Upside: Could be back week 10 same time as Russell Wilson after their bye. If he goes back to his old role, he'll be getting 12-14 carries and two targets a week. Mid tier RB2 in an offense that'll be looking to rebound. More or less a 14.3 ppr projection guy. 

Stretch run RB ppr points against :

10- @GB (-.0.2) (likely confidence level low if you're starting him unless health reports are glowing, Russ might be back but he too may not be feeling super confident)

11- Ari (-4.1) (seemingly bad matchup so even if he resumes workhorse role, hopefully you have better options)

12 @Wsh (+0.1) If all goes excellently you're starting with confidence here.

13- SF (+0.5)

14- @Hou (+2.4) I'll be scrapping for the last spot in my league so this week will probably be huge.

Playoffs:

@Lar (surprisingly +1.9)

Chi (-1)

Det (+5.6)

(at Arizona week 18- most leagues this won't count)

Downside obviously is that he's not healthy and/or is now part of an RBBC.  More paths to failure here than paths to glory.

I've been scouring the internet, does anyone know what his actual situation is?

Heading into waivers tonight, would like to know how droppable people think this guy is. I would love to set up my QB bye week and pick up someone else with upside if he's done. 

Upside: Could be back week 10 same time as Russell Wilson after their bye. If he goes back to his old role, he'll be getting 12-14 carries and two targets a week. Mid tier RB2 in an offense that'll be looking to rebound. More or less a 14.3 ppr projection guy. 

10- @GB (-.0.2) (likely confidence level low if you're starting him unless health reports are glowing, Russ might be back but he too may not be feeling super confident)

11- Ari (-4.1) (seemingly bad matchup so even if he resumes workhorse role, hopefully you have better options)

13- SF (+0.5)

14- @Hou (+2.4) I'll be scrapping for the last spot in my league so this week will probably be huge.

Playoffs:

@Lar (surprisingly +1.9)

Chi (-1)

Det (+5.6)

Downside obviously is that he's not healthy and/or is now part of an RBBC.  More paths to failure here than paths to glory.

No info but I have him too, week 10 this team could be 2-7.  No real reason to risk your neck 

13- SF (+0.5)

Playoffs:

@Lar (surprisingly +1.9)

Chi (-1)

Det (+5.6)

What options are on your wire that hold as much or more potential in the meantime? Maybe a better questions for the other forum though...

I'm 6-1. Can afford to hold.

Just can't drop until something concrete emerges around his health.

If I can hang on and Carson is back right before playoff time...huge add at that point.

What options are on your wire that hold as much or more potential in the meantime? Maybe a better questions for the other forum though...
CEH, Hunt, Pollard are all available in my league. CEH is who I'm leaning to. 

Have CMC/Hubbard, Robinson, Mitchell and Darrel Williams. Top 3 is above average once/ if CMC is healthy with two past byes. But you can never have too many good RBs. Darrel is likely getting dropped in a week or two once CEH is back. 

Also, Gronk and Beasley. Have Pitts and Ridley/Woods/Tee/Jeudy/Toney. Feel like I need to stockpile WRs, not much has turned out how I planned it in the WR dept. Jeudy/Toney were picked up and held, kinda need more upside here with my top two guys not really panning out.

I'm planning to shop aggressively in trades for some higher end WR help. 

CEH, Hunt, Pollard are all available in my league. CEH is who I'm leaning to. 

Have CMC/Hubbard, Robinson, Mitchell and Darrel Williams. Top 3 is above average once/ if CMC is healthy with two past byes. But you can never have too many good RBs. Darrel is likely getting dropped in a week or two once CEH is back. 

Also, Gronk and Beasley. Have Pitts and Ridley/Woods/Tee/Jeudy/Toney. Feel like I need to stockpile WRs, not much has turned out how I planned it in the WR dept. Jeudy/Toney were picked up and held, kinda need more upside here with my top two guys not really panning out.

I'm planning to shop aggressively in trades for some higher end WR help. 
I'd definitely go for Hunt and then CEH in hopes that KC turns it around.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said the team hasn't put a timetable on Chris Carson's (neck, IR) return. 

“No updates about him coming back at this moment,” Carroll said. “Just got to wait it out. He’s working out hard, but he’s not ready to practice yet." It's the second time Seattle has been unwilling to put a timetable on Carson's return. Carson has reportedly been setback free in his rehab but "still feels discomfort." Teams rarely comment on neck and concussion injuries, so it's possible this is coachspeak from Carroll, but Carson returning this season can't be taken for granted. Carson will miss at least one more game before being eligible to return from IR in Week 10.

SOURCE: Seattle Times

Oct 30, 2021, 12:20 PM ET

Sinking suspicion he’s done for season. 

That seems to be reddit's conclusion. Pete Carrol's negative comment that Faust posted above seems like a sign that he'll never be seen again. He's usually overly optimistic so when he says stuff like this, it doesn't look good.

I have Collins in three leagues and Carson in one. I may stick with Carson until after bye and if no favorable news comes out that he'll be coming back after bye I think that's probably the safest time to drop him because it will always be week to week...

Seahawk fan chatter leaning towards potential retirement.

Certainly doubt we see him again this season. May be he wait until summer to see how he feels.

Certainly doubt we see him again this season. May be he wait until summer to see how he feels.
Yes, that is what I was hearing from the start. It wasn’t a question of getting back this year. It was a question of if he would ever play again. 

Hate to see it, but these are my feelings... Carson will make the very difficult and quiet decision to retire in the off-season.

I dropped him. Hurting at other positions and need to focus on winning this week. If he comes back oh well but counting on it may cost me wins this week and a few more weeks. Seems riskier and more uncertain to hold him at this point so rather stream flex and defenses to increase chances for winning now than hoping for a long shot that will make my team better a few weeks from now.

I definitely see them shutting him down but going to hold a bit longer as well. Wish they would do it if they are going to. I'd like the extra spot.

I definitely see them shutting him down but going to hold a bit longer as well. Wish they would do it if they are going to. I'd like the extra spot.
He's already on IR.  From their perspective there's no reason to announce anything.  Hi might get better at some point and if he does they will activate him.  If he doesn't get better then nothing changes.

This sucks. He was playing well too. Now I need Collins to stay healthy and outplay Penny. Or dumb the Seattle O and hope Michael Carter to continues to break out in that nasty Jets O.

Coach Pete Carroll said Wednesday that Carson (neck) plans to resume practicing and retake the field Week 10, after Seattle's bye, Michael-Shawn Dugar of The Athletic reports.

Per ESPN

Coach Pete Carroll said Wednesday that Carson (neck) plans to resume practicing and retake the field Week 10, after Seattle's bye, Michael-Shawn Dugar of The Athletic reports.

Per ESPN

Link to this? 

I have not seen this quote anywhere.

On the verge of dropping Carson too and I think many just did.

Per ESPN

I would like to know if this is accurate.  I don't see it anywhere.  If it is true I could drop Collins tomorrow.

I would like to know if this is accurate.  I don't see it anywhere.  If it is true I could drop Collins tomorrow.
Regarding Collins, did Seattle just decide not to run yesterday because the pass was so effective? Or did they give Penny, DJ & Homer more reps because the win was obvious?

Users who are viewing this thread