What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kenny Golladay, NYG (3 Viewers)

Golladay is basically a must start whenever he's playing. He has 100 yards or a TD in every game he's played, and the offense will likely be better with Patricia gone. 

I can't imagine a team not having someone better to cut. Golladay is a top-15 WR regardless of matchup when active, there is nobody like that on waivers.
Week 8 he started and got zero, I need to know he is healthy before risking that again. 

Golladay is basically a must start whenever he's playing. He has 100 yards or a TD in every game he's played, and the offense will likely be better with Patricia gone. 

I can't imagine a team not having someone better to cut. Golladay is a top-15 WR regardless of matchup when active, there is nobody like that on waivers.
You sure bruh? I’ve heard 18 touch, 85 yard, 0.5 RBs are easy peasy to find laying around. How hard can it be to find an overlooked WR1?

;)  

Team is a dumpster fire and since the OC is now the interim HC I’m not expecting them to morph into an efficient offense. But Hock and KG are about the only thing that consistently works in the D.

Swift is on track to play Sunday which is more good news to Golladay being a great play for the FF playoffs.

Week 8 he started and got zero, I need to know he is healthy before risking that again. 
:confused:

He wasn’t on the injury report Week 8. He was healthy going into the game and a new injury occurred during the game. That’s a risk for anyone in your lineup.

Nov 1

DET - Hip injury for WR Kenny Golladay

Source:  NFL.com

Detroit Lions WR Kenny Golladay (hip) suffered a hip injury during the Week 8 game and is considered questionable to return.

Last edited by a moderator:
:confused:

He wasn’t on the injury report Week 8. He was healthy going into the game and a new injury occurred during the game. That’s a risk for anyone in your lineup.
Understood, I was replying to the post that said he has gotten either 100 yards or a TD in every start, which he hasn't  I also don't think I will be comfortable starting him this week even if he is active but I'll wait for more news to come out. 

This is starting to feel like how the AJ Green injury went last year.

Kenny Golladay (hip) didn't practice Wednesday.

There's hope Golladay can return after he went through on-field drills during pre-game warmups Sunday. Golladay would need at least a limited practice by Friday to have a chance to play in Week 14.

SOURCE: Detroit News

Dec 9, 2020, 11:20 AM ET

No idea why he wasn't placed on the IR. I'm concerned now they may shut him down. 
Gut feeling here, I don't know how this stuff works but with the way this has played out, we've been given absolutely 0 information, I have a gut feeling that this is somehow contract related.

Gut feeling here, I don't know how this stuff works but with the way this has played out, we've been given absolutely 0 information, I have a gut feeling that this is somehow contract related.
Which is weird if it is contract related, since missing a ton of games, isn't exactly going to make a new employer want to bust out the cash. I could see if it as Patricia related maybe, but otherwise oof.

Is he droppable in redraft? I have a bye this week and thinking of picking up Wilson jr    Or some other other playoff player.just hate to bail on him. Just doesn't feel like a good situation 

Is he droppable in redraft? I have a bye this week and thinking of picking up Wilson jr    Or some other other playoff player.just hate to bail on him. Just doesn't feel like a good situation 
At this point is seems pointless to drop him. Are you really going to play a guy in the fantasy playoffs that you grab off waivers right now? If Golladay does come back you have a potential stud. If not, then you really haven’t lost much at this point.

kutta said:
At this point is seems pointless to drop him. Are you really going to play a guy in the fantasy playoffs that you grab off waivers right now? If Golladay does come back you have a potential stud. If not, then you really haven’t lost much at this point.
It depends on the league.  Poster above in an 8 team league probably has good options on the wire.  I should have dropped him this week in my 10 team, small bench league.  Keke and TY were available.   I’m dropping Golladay next week if I win this weekend.  Feels like he’s not playing again this season.  

It depends on the league.  Poster above in an 8 team league probably has good options on the wire.  I should have dropped him this week in my 10 team, small bench league.  Keke and TY were available.   I’m dropping Golladay next week if I win this weekend.  Feels like he’s not playing again this season.  
True. Smaller leagues may have some value there. But I think I’d still contend that if you’re in the playoffs, the chances of grabbing a waiver guy over Golladay is pretty small. And, there may be someone else you can drop instead of him.

You are also giving your competition a potential stud for the last two playoff games.

bolldpt said:

Hanging on to him for now.  If by some miracle I win it all, I'm going to burn his game check and give his ring to his least favorite ex-girlfriend.

Kenny Golladay (hip) remained sidelined for Thursday's practice.

Fantasy players should continue preparing as if Golladay, who hasn't played since Week 8, won't be available for the rest of the season. It's a wonder the team hasn't officially shut him down just yet.

SOURCE: Kyle Meinke on Twitter

Dec 17, 2020, 12:49 PM ET

Speaking Friday, interim coach Darrell Bevell said the Lions "need to have a conversation" about shutting Kenny Golladay (hip) down for the remainder of the season.

Golladay hasn't played since Week 8 and has appeared in just five games during his contract season. Bevell said Golladay is working hard to get back and shot down talk of the wideout missing all of these games because of his contract. At this point, there's no reason to bring Golladay back in another lost season for the Lions.

SOURCE: Michael Rothstein on Twitter

Dec 18, 2020, 10:39 AM ET

Kenny Golladay (hip) won't play in Week 15 against the Titans.

As expected. Golladay told reporters he's trying to return, but it remains unlikely he takes the field at any point for the rest of the year. He can be safely dropped in re-draft playoffs.

SOURCE: Dave Birkett on Twitter

Dec 18, 2020, 3:41 PM ET

Kenny Golladay (hip) remaiend sidelined for Tuesday's practice. 

For whatever reason, Golladay is still on the active roster despite not playing since Week 8 or practicing since just before Thanksgiving. Not placing him on injured reserve seems to have become a contest of wills between the Lions and themselves. We haven't read anything that would lead us to believe Golladay will suit up in Weeks 16 or 17. 

Dec 22, 2020, 4:05 PM ET

Alright, is Golladay a potential play this week? From most certainly to IR to questionable right now. 

I dropped him for E Sanders last week in one league. In another league he was also dropped. Looking to see if there is any potential that Golladay could be a WR 3 upgrade over M Brown, Beasley, Agholor, or Claypool. 

Alright, is Golladay a potential play this week? From most certainly to IR to questionable right now. 

I dropped him for E Sanders last week in one league. In another league he was also dropped. Looking to see if there is any potential that Golladay could be a WR 3 upgrade over M Brown, Beasley, Agholor, or Claypool. 
I wouldn't count on him playing.

Would be lovely, but I'm not counting on it.
Certainly looked like Golladay would be shut down, but still seems like a crack opening he suits up again.

Is it even worth it to potentially play him in weeks 16 or 17. I have one league that goes 17 weeks.

He was dropped and he sits on the FA wire. So, I'm watching and listening.

A healthy Golladay is a stud WR. Does he, would he deserve WR #3 / Flex status over the likes of Claypool, Beasley, M Brown, Hilton, Agholor, and E Sanders of fantasy football. 

Certainly looked like Golladay would be shut down, but still seems like a crack opening he suits up again.

Is it even worth it to potentially play him in weeks 16 or 17. I have one league that goes 17 weeks.

A healthy Golladay is a stud WR. Does he, would he deserve WR #3 / Flex status over the likes of Claypool, Beasley, M Brown, Hilton, Agholor, and E Sanders of fantasy football. 
I'd start Golladay over all those guys other than maybe Beasley, depending on diggs/Brown status.

An active Golladay is instantly a top 20 wr in my opinion. That said, I'll believe it when I see it.

He is definitely worth picking up and holding just in case.  At this time of year high upside bench stashes are the only thing you need on the bench.

Kenny Golladay (hip) isn't practicing Wednesday.

The Lions never placed Golladay on IR, but he hasn't practiced in two months. Golladay is unlikely to return for Detroit's season finale in Week 17.

Dec 30, 2020, 11:21 AM ET

Tough year for Kenny owners. What do we expect next year?
I only had him in redraft.   My lesson on Golladay is that if enters the season injured, do not draft him.   He is a great talent when healthy though.   If he gets healthy for next season, I expect him to be a top 20 WR no matter where he lands.  

Great talent.  

He'll bounce back.  I'd say buy low, but I can't imagine a lot of owners are going to sell low.
Agree - it would be hard to trade Golladay at the reduced rate others would be offering.  Better to keep him on your roster - wait and see who is throwing the ball to him next season.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports impending free agent Kenny Golladay is a "strong" franchise tag candidate.

"I'll be very surprised if he's actually available," Rapoport added. The Lions are projected to be roughly $20 million over the cap after soaking up Jared Goff's $27.5 million on the books, making it harder to reach a long-term deal with Golladay, whose market value is likely somewhere between $16-$18 million annually. Currently in the midst of a full rebuild, it's also possible Detroit negotiates a tag and trade scenario with another suitor. Over the Cap projects the franchise tender for wide receivers to fall in the range of $16.4 million.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Feb 22, 2021, 1:31 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread