Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's 100% right. The super run heavy, play defense model is a really good way to go 7-9. You won't blow games against bad teams, but you won't beat many good teams. There is a very strong case to be m

Mostly because there's nothing left to say about this kids game. Outstanding hands, perfect route-runner, elusive speed and quickness. I'm sure he donates to charities and fosters between 5 and 10 chi

I was going to post a hearty agreement from a fellow OCD grammar editor, but I just couldn't get past the missing period at the end of your post.

Traded T.Y. Hilton for the 1.01 (Fournette) + Thielen before the year started.......Sorry got to brag.......I killed that trade. Thielen is pretty close to as valuable at T.Y. all by himself.......

Edited by Milkman
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Traded T.Y. Hilton for the 1.01 (Fournette) + Thielen before the year started.......Sorry got to brag.......I killed that trade. Thielen is pretty close to as valuable at T.Y. all by himself.......

I'd have taken Thielen for free too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Reminds me of a younger Jordy Nelson.......

Agree.  Thielen is a great route runner, is faster/quicker than at first glance, and catches pretty much anything thrown to him.  It was really too bad that Bradford got hurt.....he was going to have a career year throwing to Thielen and Diggs.

It was one of the only good picks I made this year.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Milkman said:

He's quietly been one of the best WR in the league this year, with a below average QB.........

This was part of my worry. Their ROS is pretty tough to pass offenses and Teddy is always waiting in the wings. If it goes south, and that's a big 'if', it won't be Adam's fault.

Edited by oddsbodkins
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just pulled the trigger on a trade for him.  I gave up a first and fifth in an 18-team PPR dynasty league.  I've lost OBJ, JJ Watt, Watson and Hogan (for awhile at least) this year and am still somehow leading the league.  I hope I didn't overspend but AJ Green went for a 1 and 4 so the bar was set.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigJonE300 said:

Just pulled the trigger on a trade for him.  I gave up a first and fifth in an 18-team PPR dynasty league.  I've lost OBJ, JJ Watt, Watson and Hogan (for awhile at least) this year and am still somehow leading the league.  I hope I didn't overspend but AJ Green went for a 1 and 4 so the bar was set.

I like it. Winning record in a 18 team league it is comparable to giving a mid to high 2nd round pick for him in a typical 12 man league. I think you did fine there.

I think I am still under estimating Thielen somewhat but he has been very solid for a year and half now. Keeps getting better. He has caught 5 or more passes every game this year.

For the last two years he has 25 games 186 targets 125 receptions 1760 yards 7 TD 

Per game 7.4 targets 5 receptions 70 yards .28 TD 

9.5 yards per target is somewhere in the top 10 for all receivers.

With Bradford and Case Keenum at QB he is definitely exceeding what anyone could expect under the circumstances.

Tough test against the Rams this Sunday. Good luck with him I hope Thielen can keep this going. I don't really see why he won't be able to. How he wins is very sustainable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oddsbodkins said:

I just worry about Teddy. 

That is a big question mark.

Case Keenum has played better than anyone could have expected this year. The offense with Shurmur is really improved over what they were doing with Norv and with Peterson as the focal point of it. But with Keenum it is a bit like waiting for the other shoe to drop. I hope he can keep playing well but honestly I don't really expect it. So poor QB play could derail Thielen at some point.

The offensive line is really improved. If/when Teddy has to step in for Keenum he will be walking into a much improved offense compared to what he had in 2015. This could mean an upgrade at QB and Teddy is set up for success with the WRs and offensive line play. Thielen was not really part of what Teddy was working with in 2015 and Diggs was still a rookie then.

No way to know how well Teddy can play until he actually does though. Its possible he won't play as well as Bradford or Keenum and that could hurt Thielen if that is the case.

I tend to think Teddy is a better QB than Keenum is, but Teddy hasn't played for a long time now. So no real way to know if that is the case or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oddsbodkins said:

I remember Teddy only having eyes for Diggs. The whole way they're handling their QB situation in the press is troubling.

Even more troubling when you own Theilen and Keenum (and Diggs for good measure).
I'm not sure that Keenum and Bridgewater are such different styles that being coy keeps a defense guessing. Either way, they're gearing up for a QB that is trying his damndest to not force the issue and to take the safe play more often than not.
It's also a new offense for Teddy. He's not coming back in to an offense that he knows.
Going from Turner to Shurmur is a big adjustment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, oddsbodkins said:

I remember Teddy only having eyes for Diggs. The whole way they're handling their QB situation in the press is troubling.

At the time Teddys other options were Mike Wallace and Charles Johnson. Until Diggs started over Johnson. Theilen barely played in 2015.

What do you mean by how they have handled the QB situation in the press? What is troubling about it? The press asks Zimmer and Case questions about Teddy constantly and I think both have handled that constant stream of questions very professionally. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gawain said:

Even more troubling when you own Theilen and Keenum (and Diggs for good measure).
I'm not sure that Keenum and Bridgewater are such different styles that being coy keeps a defense guessing. Either way, they're gearing up for a QB that is trying his damndest to not force the issue and to take the safe play more often than not.
It's also a new offense for Teddy. He's not coming back in to an offense that he knows.
Going from Turner to Shurmur is a big adjustment.

Teddy knows the offense and the current offense is actually more similar to the one he played in college than Norv Turners offense, that likely was more difficult for Teddy and Sam to execute, as it required the QBs to take deeper drops and hold the ball longer, leading to more pressure.

Teddy has been with the team the whole time during he transition, is in all the meetings and since he got healthy has been practicing within the offense.

I think your making an issue out of something that isn't really an issue at all.

The issue is that Teddy had a career threatening injury and he hasn't been able to play in a long time, it being unknown to us on the outside what he looks like in practice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cockroach said:

To the house for 65 yes on a 8 yd come back.  I think he's officially broken out.  

He broke out 10 weeks ago. I really have no idea how any NFL or FF fan would think he’s ‘under the radar’. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mr roboto said:

He broke out 10 weeks ago. I really have no idea how any NFL or FF fan would think he’s ‘under the radar’. 

This. He was rated a "sleeper" on the fantasy show on NFL Network this morning. Hate to say it but it's the NFL Network who be sleeping.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, cockroach said:

To the house for 65 yes on a 8 yd come back.  I think he's officially broken out.  

He was a to 3 fantasy receiver going into the week. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mr roboto said:

He broke out 10 weeks ago. I really have no idea how any NFL or FF fan would think he’s ‘under the radar’. 

If you want to play that game he broke out last year vs the Packers when he went for like 190 on them.  He's been solid all year but these back to back to back good games just made him undeniable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got him near the end of the 6th round in a 12 team league.  People thought it was a reach but I did not want to chance losing him a round later.  Through the years I've learned that taking a player a round or two earlier rather than missing out entirely can make a huge difference come end of the year.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Cenobite said:

Got him near the end of the 6th round in a 12 team league.  People thought it was a reach but I did not want to chance losing him a round later.  Through the years I've learned that taking a player a round or two earlier rather than missing out entirely can make a huge difference come end of the year.  

I got him in the 10th round of a 14 team league.  He had no respect during draft season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gally said:

I got him in the 10th round of a 14 team league.  He had no respect during draft season.

I know. I got him with the #123 pick in the 11th round. I had him on my target list and he just kept falling. Can't believe that I drafted DeVante Parker ahead of him!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gally said:

I got him in the 10th round of a 14 team league.  He had no respect during draft season.

Now that's tremendous value.  Had our draft a week before start of season.  I think he would have lasted longer than the 6th but I wasn't going to gamble as I thought he had the most upside of other value picks on my list.     

Link to post
Share on other sites

I drafted him as my WR2 and just set and forgot. My running backs didn't pan out, but he sure did. (I'm now in third, I believe, in a twelve-teamer -- I went for the win with Elliott and Bell).

I watched tape on him and read some articles, and was sold. I was laughing when he dropped so far to me. I think I drafted him in the eleventh or twelfth because I knew nobody was on him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...