What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official MSNBC Thread*** (1 Viewer)

There was nothing even remotely one-sided about that post.  Just an obvious observation reading his last few posts.  But deflect away.  
:loco:

Deflect? This is my first post on this topic, you have no idea my standing. I just am a random guy who saw your post and the complete hypocrisy in it, speaking of deflecting. Seems arguing on football site about politics and about nothing is your thing, chill out man. Politics, TV ratings and their issues will not be solved here. Best of luck along the way. 

Last edited by a moderator:
:loco:

Deflect? This is my first post on this topic, you have no idea my standing. I just am a random guy who saw your post and the complete hypocrisy in it, speaking of deflecting. Seems arguing on football about nothing is your thing. Best of luck along the way. 
You ignore my point and inserted points in which were not there or even legitimate criticism of the post.  That is deflecting.  I made no assumptions or made no point about where you are coming from.  Again just a factual observation in which you try to deflect from by trying to make it personal.  Pretty sucky actually. 

Well, so much for the theory that her record ratings for the prior ratings period was due solely to the one day story of Trump's 2005 tax returns.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/24/media/msnbc-rachel-maddow-winning-ratings/index.html

In Trump era, Rachel Maddow starts beating Fox News

"The Rachel Maddow Show" surpassed "Tucker Carlson Tonight" in March among 25- to 54-year-old viewers, the demographic that determines advertising rates.

Maddow was on track to win again in April. But on Monday night the cable news ratings race changes dramatically. Carlson moves from 9 p.m. to 8, replacing Bill O'Reilly, and Fox's 5 p.m. talk show "The Five" moves to 9.
Maddow may or may not benefit from the change. Regardless, executives all across television news have already taken notice of her recent wins.

According to Nielsen data, Maddow also narrowly topped Fox's 8 p.m. hour last week, when Dana Perino and Greg Gutfeld filled in for O'Reilly.

Maddow's surge is being fueled partly by her day-in, day-out criticism of the Trump administration. There is an increased appetite for the liberal arguments she has been making for years.

"There's a reason Rachel is beating Fox and CNN," MSNBC president Phil Griffin told CNNMoney in an email. "She's a talented storyteller who's helping her audience cut through all the confusion coming out of Washington. She's connecting dots in ways no one else is."

Maddow is known for flouting the conventions of cable news. She delivers long, informative monologues that sometimes last for 20 minutes.

Her fans say she's providing necessary scrutiny of the Trump administration. Her critics, on the other hand, say she's become a left-wing Sean Hannity, single-mindedly obsessed with anti-Trump stories.

While those debates rage on Internet forums, the ratings speak for themselves.

The week of April 10, for instance, Maddow just barely beat Carlson -- she averaged 542,000 viewers in the demo while he averaged 541,000. CNN ranked third with an average of 396,000 in the demo.

Maddow's show has been MSNBC's tentpole, its highest rated program, for many years. The difference now is the competition with Fox News.

For a long time Fox's ratings were largely out of the reach of CNN and MSNBC. Megyn Kelly, who had Fox's 9 p.m. time slot until early January, was consistently #1 in the hour.

Carlson took over for Kelly and retained most of Kelly's viewership. Fox has celebrated Carlson's success at 9 p.m. and cited it as part of the reason to move him to 8.

The bigger picture story is that the ratings for all three cable news channels have risen thanks partly to interest in Trump's presidency.

With that as the backdrop, though, Maddow has gained more than most other shows have.

In recent months Maddow's primary focus has been on the Trump-Russia relationship. Her viewers seem intensely interested.

Maddow has also homed in on Trump's refusal to release his taxes, and she was rewarded with record ratings on March 14 when she had a scoop about Trump's 2005 tax payments.

Her numbers have sagged somewhat since then, but Maddow still out-rated Carlson in the 25-54 demo for 12 of the 20 weeknights in April, according to Nielsen.

Why do you care?

What a lunatic. 
:goodposting:

Don't know how I missed this gem the first time around.  Funny thing is, I'm willing to bet he has most of the people participating in this thread on ignore.  IK killed it early on and it's comedy gold that MSNBC "killing it" now somehow negates 100% accurate comments made about the network years ago.  That right there is a move you don't attempt unless you're good and warmed up :lol:  

Let's wait until next quarter when the ratings are released.  After the she massively hyped DJT Tax returns and failed to deliver, I'm expecting the numbers to go right back in the basement where they belong since everyone has now found out what an absolute fraud she is.
I really don't care at all about Maddow's ratings- personally I've stopped watching that show because I enjoy CNN at that time slot more.

But it's fun to see this particular poster look ridiculous again.

timschochet said:
I really don't care at all about Maddow's ratings- personally I've stopped watching that show because I enjoy CNN at that time slot more.

But it's fun to see this particular poster look ridiculous again.
Oh really?  Guess that was short-lived.

"TV Ratings: Tucker Carlson Tops In First Night at 8 O'Clock".  

The only one that's ridiculous around here is you. :shrug:

squistion said:
Noted constitutional law professor Lawrence Tribe agrees with you.

Laurence Tribe‏Verified account @tribelaw 1h1 hour ago

A rare sign of intelligent life in the universe:

In Trump era, Rachel Maddow starts beating Fox News - CNNMoney http://cnnmon.ie/2pu2PPh
I don't think anyone intelligent would be beating the drum for Rachel Maddow.  She's the Sean Hannity of the Left and just as ridiculous.

1 hour ago, MaxThreshold said

Oh really?  Guess that was short-lived.

"TV Ratings: Tucker Carlson Tops In First Night at 8 O'Clock".  

The only one that's ridiculous around here is you.
:lmao:  Maddow isn't even on at 8:00. 
Poor Max, when people aren't criticizing Trump or the GOP it really throws him off his game (probably because none of his favorite words like outrage, hysteria or hysterical are applicable).

Poor Max, when people aren't criticizing Trump or the GOP it really throws him off his game (probably because none of his favorite words like outrage, hysteria or hysterical are applicable).
They're ALWAYS applicable with you guys ranting and raving about Trump 24/7.  "Hysteria" might actually be too kind of a word now.

:lmao:  Maddow isn't even on at 8:00. 
Maybe you missed this little nugget in your knee-jerk reaction:

"Also good news for Fox News, which officially severed ties with O'Reilly last week amidst mounting claims of sexual harassment, is that The Five made a solid segue into the 9 o'clock hour — Carlson's old time slot. The panel show edged past MSNBC's The Rachel Maddow Show for a win with 2.8 million viewers and 568,000 adults 25-54. (Maddow averaged 2.2 million viewers and 523,000 adults 25-54.)"

Like others before you, Tim, you try oh so hard and fail oh so spectacularly.

"Also good news for Fox News, which officially severed ties with O'Reilly last week amidst mounting claims of sexual harassment, is that The Five made a solid segue into the 9 o'clock hour — Carlson's old time slot. The panel show edged past MSNBC's The Rachel Maddow Show for a win with 2.8 million viewers and 568,000 adults 25-54. (Maddow averaged 2.2 million viewers and 523,000 adults 25-54.)"

Wouldn't a show debuting on its first night show a bump in ratings for that timeslot on that alone? That is why no one on either side of the aisle (except you) are pointing to that and saying that this one night means much of anything in ratings for Maddow long term. It would be surprising if The Five could maintain this over the next ratings period.

I did miss it, because I didn't read it, because I was laughing at your headline. And I'm STILL laughing at your earlier post:

I'm expecting the numbers to go right back in the basement where they belong since everyone has now found out what an absolute fraud she is.

Again, I don't really care about her popularity. I only care how ridiculous your posts continue to make you look. It's very amusing. 

I did miss it, because I didn't read it, because I was laughing at your headline. And I'm STILL laughing at your earlier post:

I'm expecting the numbers to go right back in the basement where they belong since everyone has now found out what an absolute fraud she is.

Again, I don't really care about her popularity. I only care how ridiculous your posts continue to make you look. It's very amusing. 
Once again, Tim, you fail.  I suppose you're used to it by now, though.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tv-ratings-msnbc-maddow-scoring-huge-wins-comey-coverage-1003324

TV Ratings: MSNBC, Maddow Scoring Huge Wins With Comey Coverage

MSNBC dominates its third night of primetime since Trump's FBI ouster as 'The Five' proves more of a draw than Tucker Carlson for Fox News.

The incredibly eventful couple of days in Washington, D.C., has been a boon to MSNBC. The cable news network, which has seen ratings surges for star Rachel Maddow, just won its third night of the week.

MSNBC easily topped Thursday in primetime among adults 25-54 with an average 635,000 viewers in the key news demo across the three-hour block. Maddow led all of cable news, with 734,000 demo viewers and 2.87 million viewers, but the most interesting victory might be the one Brian Williams scored in late night. His 11 p.m. show, which trailed lead-in Lawrence O'Donnell for No. 3 status in all of cable news last night, actually outperformed Fox News' Tucker Carlson by 12 percent among adults 25-54.

At the risk of sounding dramatic, such across-the-board MSNBC advantages over Fox News Channel and CNN are in the realm of unprecedented — and offer the most substantial proof to date that viewers are tuning into MSNBC for coverage of the embattled Trump administration.

The week's coverage, of course, has been dominated by the Tuesday news that President Donald Trump fired FBI Director James Comey — a story that has seen FNC maintaining its advantages among total viewers but not in the demo, where it's used to being No. 1. MSNBC naturally reaped some Thursday halo effect from NBC News host Lester Holt's interview with Trump, but "gets" rarely move the dial in cable news that significantly.

These ratings shifts come at a time of significant flux for FNC. It's been just a few weeks since Carlson took over ousted Bill O'Reilly's 8 p.m. time slot. The early ratings victories he's had have not been as decisive as those of his predecessor, though the hour typically remains the most watched — and last week, FNC did win primetime in the demo.

The moves seem to have been better for the newly primetime The Five. Though the panel show did not top MSNBC's main three, it did outperform its lead-in. The Five averaged 535,000 adults 25-54 to Carlson's 480,000 — a number that, by the way, also put him behind Sean Hannity (494,000).

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/334627-msnbc-wins-cable-news-weekly-war-for-first-time-ever

MSNBC wins cable news weekly war for first time ever

MSNBC finished first in the key 25-54 demographic and in total viewers against its cable news rivals last week for the first time in its 21-year existence, according to Nielsen Research.

Overall, MSNBC finished second in all of basic cable, only falling to TNT, which aired several NBA playoff games.

Fox News finished third in primetime for the first time in nearly 17 years.
For the week of May 15, MSNBC's weekday prime averaged 2.440 million total viewers, with Fox second with 2.405 million and CNN third with 1.649 million. 

For adults aged 25-54, MSNBC averaged 611,000 viewers. CNN finished second with 589,000 and Fox third with 497,000. 

In terms of individual programs, "The Rachel Maddow Show" at 9 p.m. continued its ratings roll, finishing as the most-watched nonsports program for the week in all of basic cable. 

Lawrence O'Donnell, who is still reportedly in negotiations with the network with his contract set to expire on June 4, was second overall in the cable news race for the week with "The Last Word" at 10 p.m. [...]

Left is fired up and need to check in for daily outrage instructions.

Fox, on the other hand, has been a huge mess and lost lots of talent. Add in the right lost its cohesiveness with Trump. 

Finally, Fox always had the advantage of being the only right leaning news source outside of print and radio. New media with big right names have opened up other sources. Bad timing for an organization that has taken body blow after body blow and is looking to catch a breathe.

When you don't want to cover a story everyone is interested in, don't be surprised about slipping ratings. 

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/29/media/greta-van-susteren-msnbc-out/index.html

Greta Van Susteren out at MSNBC after six months

Greta Van Susteren is leaving MSNBC only six months after her show debuted on the cable news network.

"I am out at MSNBC," she tweeted Thursday.

Her pithy social media announcement landed at virtually the same moment Vanity Fair reported the news.

"They let her go," her husband, John Coale, told CNNMoney. He said she'd found out earlier today, and added, "We're working out contract issues now."

In a memo to staffers, MSNBC President Phil Griffin said, "MSNBC and Greta Van Susteren have decided to part ways. Greta is a well-regarded television veteran and one of only a few broadcasters who can say they've hosted shows at all three major cable news networks. We are grateful to her and wish her the best."

Griffin also announced that Ari Melber, MSNBC's chief legal correspondent, will take over the 6 p.m. hour that had been Van Susteren's.

As evidenced by Coale's comments, it appears that the news arrived abruptly on Thursday even for Van Susteren herself. A friend of Van Susteren's told CNNmoney that she was given no prior notice of the decision.

The same source said that Van Susteren was informed that she had not been confrontational enough in her on-air presentation, perhaps a suggestion that MSNBC is once again embracing its liberal roots and adopting a more adversarial posture toward President Donald Trump.

A spokesman for MSNBC did not respond to a request for comment.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago

Word is that @Greta Van Susteren was let go by her out of control bosses

at @NBC & @Comcast because she refused to go along w/ 'Trump hate!'

How were her ratings? No one is going to watch her because of her personality or POV. She's not a news reader, reporter or much of an analyst. 

My guess would be that she was hired back when MSNBC was fighting like hell to get their ratings up, and figured bringing in a conservative voice would help, but with Fox not nearly the force it was before, thanks to the departure of Kelly and firing of O'Reilly, they probably figure they can go back to being hard left 24/7 and do okay, thus Van Susteren was expendable. 

How were her ratings? No one is going to watch her because of her personality or POV. She's not a news reader, reporter or much of an analyst. 
Not that much better than the show it replaced (with Mark Halperin and John Heilemann) or Al Sharptons' show before that.

Many people were hoping that Joy Reid would have replaced her, but so far it is the colorless and bland Ari Melber.

Not that much better than the show it replaced (with Mark Halperin and John Heilemann) or Al Sharptons' show before that.

Many people were hoping that Joy Reid would have replaced her, but so far it is the colorless and bland Ari Melber.
Melissa Perry was interesting host for a time at MSNBC. I think it was unfortunate timing for her, however.

Melissa Perry was interesting host for a time at MSNBC. I think it was unfortunate timing for her, however.
MSNBC tried to develop her in-house, on a weekend show with the idea being she might later transfer to a daily spot like Chris Hayes did.

However, while her show had it moments it never really took off (at least as compared to the ratings that Joy Reid has subsequently gotten). I tried to watch her show, but didn't find it that interesting (the Nerdland segment just seemed a bit too esoteric for my tastes). She had some interesting guests, but didn't always ask them the right questions (like Rachel Donezal).

She also seemed to step in it occasionally, then essentially quit in a huff when MSNBC preempted her show for some political content related to the 2016 election, after making some bizarre comments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melissa_Harris-Perry

"Our show was taken—without comment or discussion or notice—in the midst of an election season ... I will not be used as a tool for [management’s] purposes ... I am not a token, mammy, or little brown bobble head." Her show was scheduled to air as usual on Saturday, but Harris-Perry chose not to return, saying: "I am only willing to return when that return happens under certain terms."[16] She said she would only return when she could do "substantive, meaningful and autonomous work."
As the expression goes, I don't think she was ready for prime time and question if she ever would have been able to cut it in their afternoon/evening lineup.

Griffin also announced that Ari Melber, MSNBC's chief legal correspondent, will take over the 6 p.m. hour that had been Van Susteren's.
Melber's not an ideologue, right? He's just a reporter? A true 'news' show would be good.

So....someone is sending Rachel fake documents to try to get her in trouble. 

She's not that naïve though. 

Nice try jackasses. 

Melber's not an ideologue, right? He's just a reporter? A true 'news' show would be good.
I liked him on the 3PM slot, where I'm just switching between MSNBC/CNBC/CNN when soccer isn't on at the gym.  Much better than whatever lady they have at 2PM

http://fortune.com/2017/07/24/msnbc-cable-network-fox-news/

MSNBC Was the Most-Watched Prime Time Cable Network for the First Time Ever

Alana Abramson

Jul 24, 2017

For the first time in its history, MSNBC was the most-watched cable network during the weekday prime time this past week, ratings data show.

The network averaged approximately 90,000 more viewers than runner-up Fox News at primetime — 8 pm to 11 pm — during the week of July 17 through July 21, according to a statement from the network, which cited Nielsen ratings. MSNBC had 2.34 million viewers during weekday prime time, while Fox News had 2.25 million. The Disney Channel was third, with 1.74 million.

MSNBC's lineup from 7 pm through midnight was also first among cable networks.

MSNBC was previously #1 in cable news in weekday prime during the weeks of May 15, 2017 (behind TNT) and September 3, 2012 (behind USA) among total viewers, but this was the 1st time MSNBC was #1 among all of cable," the network said in a statement.

Users who are viewing this thread