Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official MSNBC Thread***

10 hours ago, Marauder said:

I've watched a lot of MSNBC this week and I haven't heard this mentioned one time.

Thank you, appreciate the response ūüćĽ

I guess it was Bill Maher who was doing it... In a pretty gross way too. It's funny how you can see the same "original thoughts" on facebook and just know it was on tv somewhere.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh Squissy

It's actually sort of sad at this point.  

Wow, you sure showed him. Edit: You actually kept going with this, too.

MSNBC is the #1 network in cable and Rachel Maddow has the #1 regularly scheduled show!

https://twitter.com/MSNBCPR/status/1366821453782528004

MSNBC Public Relations @MSNBCPR 7h

Thank you to our loyal viewers for making @MSNBC the #1 network in cable for the first time ever. MORE: https://bit.ly/3jX2PR3

The Rachel @Maddow Show is the #1 regularly scheduled show in all of cable for the 2nd straight month in total viewers and is #1 in cable news in A25-54.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Regardless of whatever concerns people have with her, the presentation of her show is very personable, crediblevand knowledgeable.  Complete opposite of hannity.

Sorry, but just no.  This is revisionist history.

46 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

She won an Emmy for her coverage of the Flint water crisis. That is not revisionist history.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Regardless of whatever concerns people have with her, the presentation of her show is very personable, crediblevand knowledgeable.  Complete opposite of hannity.

Maddow is the best political analyst of my generation.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, tommyGunZ said:

Maddow is the best political analyst of my generation.  

Is this a burner or parody account?

Edited by rockaction
9 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

I choose the word ‚Äúpresentation‚ÄĚ intentionally. ¬†How she presents info and carries herself is very journalistic - not always.

hannity looks like a national enquirer hit job.

• Thanks 1

Don't watch her much any more but one of the things I always admired about Maddow is she'd bring a guest on, summarize the back story to get everyone sort of caught up, and then go to her guest with something like 'Is that all accurate?"

Don't know if she still does that but I think it's an ideal start and wish it was a template copied by everyone else.

29 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

Don't watch her much any more but one of the things I always admired about Maddow is she'd bring a guest on, summarize the back story to get everyone sort of caught up, and then go to her guest with something like 'Is that all accurate?"

Don't know if she still does that but I think it's an ideal start and wish it was a template copied by everyone else.

Yes.  She does that all the time. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

Maddow is an unabashed liberal which is why guys like rock and Jon can’t stand her, but she’s brilliant and her show is absolutely an attempt to discuss current events from a factual basis.  There are no scandals, no tapes of her unfairly smearing people or rudely insulting guests.  She learned from one of the GOATS (Chris Matthews) while choosing to keep the discourse at a higher level.

I absolutely understand why many conservatives don’t like Maddow. But whenever someone insults her or compares her to Hannity/Carlson, they’re just showing their ignorance.  There is no Rachel Maddow on the right currently.  Hopefully someone will step up.  

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, tommyGunZ said:

Maddow is an unabashed liberal which is why guys like rock and Jon can’t stand her, but she’s brilliant and her show is absolutely an attempt to discuss current events from a factual basis.  There are no scandals, no tapes of her unfairly smearing people or rudely insulting guests.  She learned from one of the GOATS (Chris Matthews) while choosing to keep the discourse at a higher level.

I absolutely understand why many conservatives don’t like Maddow. But whenever someone insults her or compares her to Hannity/Carlson, they’re just showing their ignorance.  There is no Rachel Maddow on the right currently.  Hopefully someone will step up.  

She pushes conspiracy theories 

11 minutes ago, tommyGunZ said:

Chris Matthews....a GOAT?

The same guy who retired cause of (not his first) sexual harassment incident? The same guy who compared a jew winning a caucus to the Nazis taking France?

I'm not sure what your qualifiers for GOAT are, but these do not seem to be the work of one.

51 minutes ago, tommyGunZ said:

Maddow is an unabashed liberal which is why guys like rock and Jon can’t stand her

I never said I couldn't stand her. She's at least the most palatable of the all news honks on cable news. I just can't believe you'd lay such laudatory praise as the "best political analyst" of our generation at her feet. I personally know better journalists, and certainly better analysts. She's got her thing, and that's her thing, but let's be a little parsimonious here instead of your unfettered adulation. It's too much.

12 hours ago, rockaction said:

I never said I couldn't stand her. She's at least the most palatable of the all news honks on cable news. I just can't believe you'd lay such laudatory praise as the "best political analyst" of our generation at her feet. I personally know better journalists, and certainly better analysts. She's got her thing, and that's her thing, but let's be a little parsimonious here instead of your unfettered adulation. It's too much.

She speculated that Putin had a pee tape & was using it to force Trump into withdrawing US troops near Russia. Also,  that Putin installed Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State.

Alex Jones is deplatformed and Maddow is celebrated as an intelligent commentator.

4 hours ago, Philo Beddoe said:

She speculated that Putin had a pee tape & was using it to force Trump into withdrawing US troops near Russia. Also,  that Putin installed Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State.

Alex Jones is deplatformed and Maddow is celebrated as an intelligent commentator.

That's not accurate, she asked the question, if we were going to find out that "Russia has something on the new president" but never speculated about the pee tape or Putin installing Rex Tillerson as you so claim, and the YouTube clip posted with the tweet doesn't back that up, despite what it says.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1204913376259907587

I haven't watched Rachel Maddow in years.  Or Hannity, or Joy Reid, or any of these folks.  I feel like I'm a healthier person for it, but it makes it hard to weigh in on which of these people is better or worse than the others.

If somebody wants to tell me that Maddow is the best political analyst on cable news, I guess at this point I have to believe them.  So congratulations to Rachel Maddow for jumping over the world's lowest bar.  Somewhere out there is the world's best "99 pounds and below" linebacker.  I don't doubt that some 90-pound weaklings are better linebackers than others.  But they're not in the NFL and I'm not going to tune in to watch them play.

• Like 2