What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official MSNBC Thread*** (1 Viewer)

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/msnbc-cable-news-ratings-charlottesville-1202531567/

MSNBC Ranks as No. 1 Cable Network in Total Viewers for First Time Ever

MSNBC ranked as the number one network across all of cable in total viewers for the first time in its history, according to Nielsen data.

For Wednesday, Aug. 16, MSNBC averaged 1.52 million viewers for the total day across all of cable, edging out second place Fox News, who averaged 1.5 million. CNN ranked fourth among all cable networks for the day with 1.13 million total viewers. Nickelodeon was third with 1.17 million. However, in the key adults 25-54 demographic, CNN was number one among the cable news networks for the total day, averaging 381,000 viewers in that measure. Fox News was second in the demo for total day with 353,000 viewers, and MSNBC was third with 343,000.

In primetime, MSNBC was also first in total viewers among the cable news networks with 2.61 million viewers. Fox News was second with 2.4 million. CNN was third with 1.59 million. In the key demo for primetime, MSNBC was first with 613,000. Fox News narrowly outpaced CNN for second place with 560,000, with CNN averaging 557,000.

Across all of broadcast in primetime, Wednesday’s episodes of “The Rachel Maddow Show” and “The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell” were among the top 10 shows of the night in total viewers, with Maddow averaging 3.25 million viewers at 9 p.m. and O’Donnell averaging 2.54 million at 10. They were both the highest-rated and most-watched cable news programs in their respective time slots, with Maddow also nabbing 778,00 viewers in the key demo and O’Donnell nabbing 597,000.

Airing against Maddow, Fox’s “The Five” averaged 2.31 million viewers and 577,000 viewers in the demo. CNN’s Anderson Cooper averaged 1.52 million viewers with 550,000 in the demo. At 10 against O’Donnell, Fox’s Sean Hannity pulled in 2.46 million viewers and 594,00 in the demo. CNN’s Don Lemon drew 1.58 million viewers and 542,000 in the demo.

[...]

Could you please give a recent specific example of this so-called hate speech that you think MSNBC is delivering? I don't watch the channel 24/7 but I do generally what the shows from 4:00-8:00PM PST and don't recall seeing anything that could be categorized as hate speech.
Telling the truth is hate speech to some. 

O'Donnell is the closest they have to anything near Hannity. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Who's telling the truth?  MSNBC? :lmao:

It's 24/7 hate, lies and misinformation on that channel.
Please provide some links to show that MSNBC's recent ratings rise has anything to do with any specific hate speech, lies, or misinformation on that channel. I asked KD the same question and the response was :crickets:

Please provide some links to show that MSNBC's recent ratings rise has anything to do with any specific hate speech, lies, or misinformation on that channel. I asked KD the same question and the response was :crickets:.
I'd love to know what lies Joy Reid has been telling tonight.  

Unfair also how she had that Republican former congressman on too. 

Dude - i said turn on the channel.  I'm giving you something INFINITELY better than links.  

What i'm interested in hearing from your side is why you make fun of Fox viewers but then freely admit you watch MSNBC? 
I personally make fun of FOX viewers? OK, show me that.

And. I have watched MSNBC a lot in the past few weeks. I have not seen any hate speech. So once again, show us some proof or admit you are full of it

Those respected Presidential historians just make it up as they go along. :yes:
Yeah now let's contrast that type of programming to someone who pushes stuff like Seth Rich. 

No comparison. 

Factual statements about the right wing isn't hate speech. 

Gonna come right out and say it - I dig MSNBC. The show hosts can tread heavily on being annoying, but the quality of contributing commentators blows CNN and Fox out of the water.

I don't want to cheerlead for these people, but as a group, they are the only adults in the room with regards to the big three.

Gonna come right out and say it - I dig MSNBC. The show hosts can tread heavily on being annoying, but the quality of contributing commentators blows CNN and Fox out of the water.

I don't want to cheerlead for these people, but as a group, they are the only adults in the room with regards to the big three.
They also have three legitmate former republicans / conservatives now hosting shows.  Nicole Wallace, Morning Joe and Hugh Hewitt.  Hugh ####### Hewitt!!    Let me know when Fox does something remotely similar with just one host.

urbanhack said:
They also have three legitmate former republicans / conservatives now hosting shows.  Nicole Wallace, Morning Joe and Hugh Hewitt.  Hugh ####### Hewitt!!    Let me know when Fox does something remotely similar with just one host.
Juan Williams

Mister CIA said:

Yeah.  I'm usually flipping between a few different channels while running at the gym each afternoon.  The lady on until 3ET each day is very bad, but usually has some very interesting guests.

I believe Williams is one of five co-hosts on that unwatchable show on Fox. 
Yes, and he was briefly replaced by yet another guy they had to let go due to improper sex stuff at work. There is another Fox show with 5 people at around noon. Fox leads in quantity of hosts if not quality.

Morning Joe is my favorite show on cable news.  I'm not a "morning person" so I like that it's so low-key in its presentation.  For as large as the panel is, there isn't much crosstalk or firing zingers at each other.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 0:30 PM, Ghost Rider said:

I believe Williams is one of five co-hosts on that unwatchable show on Fox. 
Eh technically Gutfeld is the host I think.
Nominally. He kind of directs things but each get their own discussion topic at least once during the show.

Williams is the token liberal conservatives like to point to as proof that Unlike MSNBC, Fox presents both sides! The problem is, like most Fox liberals he is not very assertive in making his points and is ganged up on by the other four who interrupt him and ridicule whatever he is saying. For presenting the other side Williams is better than nothing - but that is about all you say.

Nominally. He kind of directs things but each get their own discussion topic at least once during the show.

Williams is the token liberal conservatives like to point to as proof that Unlike MSNBC, Fox presents both sides! The problem is, like most Fox liberals he is not very assertive in making his points and is ganged up on by the other four who interrupt him and ridicule whatever he is saying. For presenting the other side Williams is better than nothing - but that is about all you say.
MSNBC gave Hugh Hewitt his own show.

Not to mention that Joe Scarborough (who is probably the biggest star on the network) was/is a Republican. 

MSNBC gave Hugh Hewitt his own show.

Not to mention that Joe Scarborough (who is probably the biggest star on the network) was/is a Republican. 
No, that currently is Rachel Maddow who has not only the top rated MSNBC show, but has been among the top (if not the top) rated cable shows in recent months.

In fact, she has done so well that Fox is moving Hannity opposite her at 9:00PM ET to cut into her ratings: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fox-news-shake-up-leaves-sean-hannity-ratings-race-rachel-maddow-1041139

No, that currently is Rachel Maddow who has not only the top rated MSNBC show, but has been among the top (if not the top) rated cable shows in recent months.

In fact, she has done so well that Fox is moving Hannity opposite her at 9:00PM ET to cut into her ratings: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fox-news-shake-up-leaves-sean-hannity-ratings-race-rachel-maddow-1041139
Between Rachel Maddow and Sean Hannity, IQ's will definitely lower for those watching these shows. Talk about hyper partisanship.

Maddow's one of the smartest people in the business. Being partisan doesn't make one a liar or stupid.  Hannity's a liar because he's a liar, not because he's a conservative.
In fact she is a Rhodes Scholar, for what it is worth. You can tell the OP never watches Maddow as her show is meticulously researched and she gives sources and attribution to the points she is making and the conclusions she is drawing, unlike Hannity who just makes assertions and expects his audience to take his word for it (which they probably do).

1 hour ago, Homer J Simpson said:

Maddow's one of the smartest people in the business
Oh jesus.   :rolleyes:
You are familiar with the Rhodes Scholarship program, no?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes_Scholarship

It doesn't automatically mean that Maddow is among the smartest in her business, but one could make a very compelling argument based on that.

And for comparative purposes, Sean Hannity never finished college, but I am sure you already knew that, as you did Maddow's educational background.

You are familiar with the Rhodes Scholarship program, no?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes_Scholarship

It doesn't automatically mean that Maddow is among the smartest in her business because of her educational background, but one could make a very compelling argument based on that.

And for comparative purposes, Sean Hannity never finished college, but I am sure you already knew that, as you did Maddow's educational background.
Who cares?  I've worked with boatloads of college-educated people that didn't know their ### from a hole in the ground.  I also know boatloads of people who either didn't finish college or didn't go at all that are infinitely smarter than those college graduates.

Maddow is a partisan hack and is no better - or smarter - than Hannity

Users who are viewing this thread