What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Finally MLB (1 Viewer)

KarmaPolice said:
@Megla  - Have you tried that thing for anything for tonight's game?  I exclude the day games, and it's not giving me any LUs.  Weird.
Sorry for the late reply, been out and about

Yea, best LU for them is

Degrom, SPerez, Pojos, Forsyth, Escobar, Swanson, Trout, Pug, Revere

I replaced Pug with Margot, can't stand Puig

Last edited by a moderator:
KarmaPolice said:
Did a bit better last night.  Won a couple bucks on FD and about $7 on DK.  Mostly b/c of the cash LUs on FD. 

Best LU on DK got 3rd in my 250 contest so my 25cents turned to $3.50.  That was my MIlw stack with Archer and Kershaw. 

Best LU for gpp on FD had about 110pts with the first 4 players (Thor/Villar/Thames/Moust), but then #### the bed after that.  Still cashed at 158 pts, but had 3 0s and Cruz/Andrus. 

Thanks again @Megla for the link to that site.  I watched the video last night and understand the generator more and hopefully that will help.  Makes the time spent on this a lot less.  I can think of some stacks/players I like, and plug them in quick.  Also love that you can tell it a range of batting order to take, max # of guys on a team, etc..  That should really help with cash games. 

Today I just put in a quick $2 cash LU in using 1. Batting Order 1-5, 2. Taking out the 4 lowest projected scoring teams, and 3. No more than 2 bats/team. 
I'm having success using their optimizer and then tweaking it to my liking, last night was the third straight night that I had a GPP LU go over 190 at 193 but it was a high scoring night so that $4 GPP only won $15

I like this baseball stuff. I started Sunday night and sucked, but I have made money the last 5 nights by cashing in all my cash games. Tonight isn't looking to hot right now, but I have 3 guys in the late game. I had Stanton in until about 6:30 when they said Cespedes was playing. That hurt me big time I had Cabrera at ss, Stanton in the outfield and a catcher that was like 2400. Instead I went Cespedes - 18.7, Simmons at ss - 21.9 and my catcher has 0 right now so he can't be worse.

worst day of the season for me yesterday. I got 3 points for my 4 man bos stack and 6.2 from 3 nats. Also played $3 in nba that didn't work out. Did cash in the early only mlb but $10 in and $3.60 out. On the plus side my PGA lineups are cashing so far.

Well today was a complete dud, but the last couple days were OK.  I think the site helps a bit, and I have rocked the cash games the last two nights.  Today was horrible - like bottom 5 of my 50/50s bad.  Hit on a couple of gpps the last 2 nights- one was a #4 in the 250player gpp last night.  But I still really need to get better at gpps.  Fanduel I think I am 0 for 5 on gpp LUS the last couple days (just $1 SE gpps). 

Not sure where to look to get better at gpps.  Maybe I will try to find some videos or tips or something. 

I tried a $1 cash entry for both NBA and NHL last night with the optimizer just out of curiosity.  NBA I still suck at, even with using that, but the NHL LU crushed. 

I had another bad day too. 1/7 if you include golf and down $5.40.  haven't been good at picking bats all weekend. Even when I had the team right it seemed everyone put up points but my 2-3 guys . Just glad I played low volume this weekend.

I had another bad day too. 1/7 if you include golf and down $5.40.  haven't been good at picking bats all weekend. Even when I had the team right it seemed everyone put up points but my 2-3 guys . Just glad I played low volume this weekend.
Yep, sounds like me. 

Played cash for the first time this year Sunday, 4 $2 DBL Ups and cashed all 4 thanks to Harper's walk off, also cashed in 2 $3 GPPs and cashed by .60 in a $6 NBA GPP so a pretty good day for me.

Thought it was interesting b/c he would be popular today - I was listening to a podcast this morning and they said they were staying away from Salazar b/c Minn hits the change-up well and his FB gets crushed.  :shrug:

They also seemed to like Anderson as a gpp b/c of something with throwing a cutter a lot more than last year, which could give CHC fits, but not show up on stats. 

Thought it was interesting b/c he would be popular today - I was listening to a podcast this morning and they said they were staying away from Salazar b/c Minn hits the change-up well and his FB gets crushed.  :shrug:

They also seemed to like Anderson as a gpp b/c of something with throwing a cutter a lot more than last year, which could give CHC fits, but not show up on stats. 
Haven't looked at the slate today yet, just took  a minute or two to put in my place holder LU in a few GPPs and 5 $2 DBL Ups, I'll take a look around noon today.

BTW the DFN LU optimizer has been killing it the last 4 days on the main slates

Haven't looked at the slate today yet, just took  a minute or two to put in my place holder LU in a few GPPs and 5 $2 DBL Ups, I'll take a look around noon today.

BTW the DFN LU optimizer has been killing it the last 4 days on the main slates
Weird.  I mainly used that for the cash LU I did yesterday, and it got destroyed.  (DK).  

Weird.  I mainly used that for the cash LU I did yesterday, and it got destroyed.  (DK).  
I strictly play FD

Their #1 OPT LU of Taillon. VMart, Santana, Murphy, Longoria, Lindor, Souza Jr, Benenitendi, Harper scored 145.5

Saturday main slate OPT #1 LU of DeGrom, Perez, Pujois, Forsythe, Escobar, Swanson, Trout, Revere, Puig scored 158.1

@Megla  - When you say their #1 option, are you just clicking on it w/o any parameters, or are you tweaking it a little??

I guess I assume that their players would be similar, but the pricing is weird on some players between the two, plus you start 2 P on DK. 

Not sure what the optimal overall yesterday was, but I locked in Lester and Carrasco for cash, and it gave me:

Carrasco/Lester/Gomes/Lind/Franklin/Longoria/Lindor/Benint/Weeks/Schwarber   that scored under 67pts for 95th/100 in the 50/50 I was in.  I guess locking in those 2 Ps probably kept me from getting Harper's big game. 

Looking at that, it was way too much on Pitching.  I think I read somewhere a good target for cash is 17-18K and that is over 20K.  It's these little lessons we learn along the way...

I have done their NHL optimizer the last 2 nights, and that has done very well. 

@Megla  - When you say their #1 option, are you just clicking on it w/o any parameters, or are you tweaking it a little??

I guess I assume that their players would be similar, but the pricing is weird on some players between the two, plus you start 2 P on DK. 

Not sure what the optimal overall yesterday was, but I locked in Lester and Carrasco for cash, and it gave me:

Carrasco/Lester/Gomes/Lind/Franklin/Longoria/Lindor/Benint/Weeks/Schwarber   that scored under 67pts for 95th/100 in the 50/50 I was in.  I guess locking in those 2 Ps probably kept me from getting Harper's big game. 
My process is fairly straight forward, first I use the site to create what I think is a good LU, I don't want to use the OPT first as I don't want it to influence my thoughts on players.

Once I have that for the main slate I then use the OPT and I have all the perimeters set to the default settings and I click the no hitters against box so that it doesn't place hitters in their OPT LU that are playing against the SP they select.  I then compare the 2 for similarities and adjust accordingly.  After Sat night's change cost me $22 I will use their #1 OPT LU for my DBL UP LUs until they have several bad days in a row, but for GPP I always tweak them looking for a number of factors that will increase a players power numbers (ISO, WOB, Wind,Temp, Lefty vs righty or vs versa) and I will play a bit more risky with my SP.

Right now their main slate OPT #1 is

Ray, Vogt, CSantana, RCano, Frazier, Saladino, Trout, Calhoun, Reddick

Doesn't appear to be any weather issues and wind seems to only be a factor in he CWS/NYY game blowing out to right.

I'll check back at around 630 to set my LUs as a lot can change during the day

My process is fairly straight forward, first I use the site to create what I think is a good LU, I don't want to use the OPT first as I don't want it to influence my thoughts on players.

Once I have that for the main slate I then use the OPT and I have all the perimeters set to the default settings and I click the no hitters against box so that it doesn't place hitters in their OPT LU that are playing against the SP they select.  I then compare the 2 for similarities and adjust accordingly.  After Sat night's change cost me $22 I will use their #1 OPT LU for my DBL UP LUs until they have several bad days in a row, but for GPP I always tweak them looking for a number of factors that will increase a players power numbers (ISO, WOB, Wind,Temp, Lefty vs righty or vs versa) and I will play a bit more risky with my SP.
I did that today, and we had exactly 2 players the same.  :lol:

Need to figure a different way to do the gpps maybe.  Last couple days I have locked a stack of specific players I like and then used their optimizer around that to get ideas. 

I did that today, and we had exactly 2 players the same.  :lol:

Need to figure a different way to do the gpps maybe.  Last couple days I have locked a stack of specific players I like and then used their optimizer around that to get ideas. 
If you are making stack heavy GPP LUs then you have to understand that they are very hit/miss, they are just so dependent on that one game.  One process I like for GPPs is leaving the SP for last, take the best upper tier hitter at 1st, SS, 3rd and either one or two OF positions, then use the sites spreadsheet and sort by value to find players that will cost little but project to have good or decent FP for the night.  Then with the salary left find a SP with the best SO to walk ration or one playing a team with a low project RS for the night.

Right now their main slate OPT #1 is

Ray, Vogt, CSantana, RCano, Frazier, Saladino, Trout, Calhoun, Reddick

Doesn't appear to be any weather issues and wind seems to only be a factor in he CWS/NYY game blowing out to right.

I'll check back at around 630 to set my LUs as a lot can change during the day
They are spitting out similar players on both sites.  On DK the optimal was:

Ray/Salazar - Romine - Holliday - Frazier - Escobar - Saladino - Reddick - Calhoun - Trout.  I also looked at it using a 2 player/team max and it gave the same players, but it was Lindor/Stanton instead of Escobar/Trout. 

If you are making stack heavy GPP LUs then you have to understand that they are very hit/miss, they are just so dependent on that one game.  One process I like for GPPs is leaving the SP for last, take the best upper tier hitter at 1st, SS, 3rd and either one or two OF positions, then use the sites spreadsheet and sort by value to find players that will cost little but project to have good or decent FP for the night.  Then with the salary left find a SP with the best SO to walk ration or one playing a team with a low project RS for the night.
Yeah, I need to reevaluate my gpps.  Just that when I was first reading about MLB dfs, I saw stats on what % of LUs that placed high in gpps had 4 or 5 batter stacks.  It was a little lower on FD, but DK it was something like 60%, so I just starting looking at that.  You probably need to go boom or bust with a big tourney, but I don't need to get that nuts if I am doing these 254 person contests on DK and FD for a lot of my gpp entries.  Then it's more like a cash+ LU or what you described. 

Yeah, I need to reevaluate my gpps.  Just that when I was first reading about MLB dfs, I saw stats on what % of LUs that placed high in gpps had 4 or 5 batter stacks.  It was a little lower on FD, but DK it was something like 60%, so I just starting looking at that.  You probably need to go boom or bust with a big tourney, but I don't need to get that nuts if I am doing these 254 person contests on DK and FD for a lot of my gpp entries.  Then it's more like a cash+ LU or what you described. 
BINGO, I completely agree, if you are playing to win a large entry GPP then yes, hitting a 1 team 3 player or even 2 team 3 player stack is probably needed, for everything else treat it like cash or at least semi cash (meaning you can play high risk high reward players)

Cash LU for main slate

Lackey, Gattis, CJCron, Altuve, Martel, Frazier, Trout, Garcia, Reddick

Lackey, Gattis, CJCron, Odor, Martel, Frazier, Trout, Joyce, Reddick

GPP LU

Ray, Gattis, CSantana, Castro, Diaz, Linder, Holiday, Brantley, Springer

@Megla - did the optimizer spit out Lackey, or was that your pick?

I tried one cash LU on FD based on some players they kept kicking out for FD:

Ray/Gattis/Santana/Cano/Sano/Saladino/Trout/Reddick/Joyce

Here is one that I put together today just based on floor/matchups, etc.. that I thought was a decent play, but didn't agree with many of their picks. Still entered it in a 50/50:

Ray/Realmuto/Thames/Dozier/Headley/Russell/Haniger/Trout/Chisenhall

@Megla - did the optimizer spit out Lackey, or was that your pick?

I tried one cash LU on FD based on some players they kept kicking out for FD:

Ray/Gattis/Santana/Cano/Sano/Saladino/Trout/Reddick/Joyce

Here is one that I put together today just based on floor/matchups, etc.. that I thought was a decent play, but didn't agree with many of their picks. Still entered it in a 50/50:

Ray/Realmuto/Thames/Dozier/Headley/Russell/Haniger/Trout/Chisenhall
The second cash LU was their #1OPT LU with no hitters vs SP at 6:40PM

Ooof.  Complete no-fer on DK for the second straight night.  Ended up winning $1 on FD.  Ironic since the optimizer if supposedly for DK, I just used players they seem to like and transferred them over to FD out of curiosity. 

Once again, not even close on the gpps. 

I was 4/4 in 50/50 mostly due to Ray,Cano,Freeman scoring 130+ on their own.

Went 0/2 in gpp using Nova with cubs,indians and angels. Would have min cashed both if I used my cash lineup.

Went 0/2 in NBA so finished up .40 on the night.

Think I'll give the Megla method a try for gpps so I'm not so stack reliant.

Had 2 cash LUs, both with Lackey so $8 in and $0 out, min cashed a $4 GPP so $8 in $8 out, $3 GPP express and $3 GPP Late night and $2 NBA GPP so $8 in $0 out.

Bad night, down $16

:lol:

The optimizer just spit out a L/U of Scherzer and a scrub, 5Milw bats, and 4 Chic bats. 
I know why now, the wind is blowing out of Wrigley at a 10 to 15 MPH pace, massive upgrades to all in this game for that reason alone

If you want to build some GPP LUs using the OPT while limiting the stacks go to the Stack Hitters line, just under Randomize Lineups and then click on edit, then you can put any number in the slot and that is the max number of players per team the OPT will place in the LUs

If you want to build some GPP LUs using the OPT while limiting the stacks go to the Stack Hitters line, just under Randomize Lineups and then click on edit, then you can put any number in the slot and that is the max number of players per team the OPT will place in the LUs
I do tweak with that as well.  I will look at cash options by telling it to limit it to 2 bats/team max also.

Pittsburgh Pirates All-Star outfielder Starling Marte has been suspended 80 games after testing positive for Nandrolone, a performance-enhancing substance, Major League Baseball announced. Marte will begin serving the suspension immediately.

The 28-year-old has been a mainstay in the Pirates’ lineup since 2013. He posted his best offensive season last year, hitting .311/.362/.456, with nine home runs. That performance earned him his first trip to the All-Star game

Well, I tried something different to really drop down the pool of players that I was looking at to attempt to make it easier for me. 

For my $1 mini bunt, I just kept a core of 5 players from my cash LU and just pivoted off of the rest.  It ended up giving me 2 unintentional 2man stacks:

Severino/Rupp/Duda/Villar/Moust/Lindor/Judge/Cespedes/Braun

Here is my weird, WTF larger gpp $1 entry with a Balt stack combined with a stack from my Mariners:

Scherzer/Realmuto/C.Davis/Schoop/Sandoval/Motter/Cruz/Haniger/Smith

I get overwhelmed on these big slates especially when so many of the hitters have good-great matchups. Just doing a $5 gpp in the main and 50/50s in the later slates.

gpp

fulmer

avila

davis

schimpf

sano

lindor

trumbo

duvall

reddick

50/50 so far

leake

montero

rizzo

dozier moose

crawford

braun

reddick

kepler

I get overwhelmed on these big slates especially when so many of the hitters have good-great matchups. Just doing a $5 gpp in the main and 50/50s in the later slates.

gpp

fulmer

avila

davis

schimpf

sano

lindor

trumbo

duvall

reddick

50/50 so far

leake

montero

rizzo

dozier moose

crawford

braun

reddick

kepler
I've played Reddick on 4 or 5 occasions now and I think he has had 0s for all but one game, I won't be using him again for a while, pretty much the same for the entire OAK team.

He's actually on Houston now but yeah he's killing me so far . Missed the gpp cash line by 6 because my homerism got the best of me and I put in Fulmer over severino and down graded C and 3rd OF.

First winning night on both sites in a while.  Just barely on FD, but almost doubled up on DK.  All on the cash LUS for the most part. 

On DK i was 100% on the cash l/us, 2 for 2 on my "cash+" LUs I put in the 254person contest, and 0-5 for the gpps LUs (all the gpps were just Quarter entries)

FD I hit 1/2 the cash contests, barely missed the others, and got $2.50 out of a $1 mini bunt.  I do have the feeling that was just because I stumbled on a no-switch contest that was barely over 1/2 filled at the last minute. 

I hope you at least played this in a GPP
Yeah, but their optimizer switched up b/c of the 2 non-starters in the game that they originally spit out.  Ended up being Darvish/Severino with heavy Chc/Milw game and Reddick (of course!).  I threw it in one 50/50 and gpp.  It cashed the 50/50, but not the gpp.  Darvish was subpar and Thames/Reddick posted their 0s. 

I've played Reddick on 4 or 5 occasions now and I think he has had 0s for all but one game, I won't be using him again for a while, pretty much the same for the entire OAK team.
:lol:   same here on both. 

Have been burned multiple times with Toronto players and SD I never seem to get on the nights they actually hit the ball. 

Tonight is kinda rough.  I know Kershaw and Bumg are probably the players for cash, but damn is it hard to put together a LU that looks good to me right now with them.  I have one saved with Bumg as SP and have been staring at it a little bit.  Maybe if there is a cheap player that shows up later when batting orders start rolling out?

Maybe need to research the next tier of SP a bit.  Looks like Archer or Keuchel are the next best after those two?

He's actually on Houston now but yeah he's killing me so far . Missed the gpp cash line by 6 because my homerism got the best of me and I put in Fulmer over severino and down graded C and 3rd OF.
I didn't mean to imply that Reddick was still on OAK, just meant that the entire OAK team is trash right now

Users who are viewing this thread