What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Gerald Everett, CHI (1 Viewer)

The ship has sailed on Everett.

Higbee was given a nice extension and is now coming on after flashing some skills early in his career.  Think Higbee has established himself as the TE1 in this offense. 
I am going to disagree with you. Before his injury he looked outstanding. Higbee is an outstanding blocker. Hence the extension. Everret is a prototypical stretch TE who is a better receiver. 

This story is not over going into 2020 for dynasty. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ministry of Pain said:
The ship has sailed on Everett.

Higbee was given a nice extension and is now coming on after flashing some skills early in his career.  Think Higbee has established himself as the TE1 in this offense. 
As a multi league Higbee owner I hope this is the case, but IMO it's still up in the air.  I don't think the Rams mind the two splitting receiving production the way we do. 

As a multi league Higbee owner I hope this is the case, but IMO it's still up in the air.  I don't think the Rams mind the two splitting receiving production the way we do. 
You can pretty much guarantee they don't mind having two good TE. They have a lot of weapons on offense, but they haven't been able to pull it together consistently this year.  

Frankly, the Rams are the most disappointing team this year IMO.

Todem said:
Before his injury he looked outstanding. Higbee is an outstanding blocker. Hence the extension. Everret is a prototypical stretch TE who is a better receiver. 
Not taking issue with you, but the last several weeks Higbee has looked like a pretty good receiver.

You can pretty much guarantee they don't mind having two good TE. They have a lot of weapons on offense, but they haven't been able to pull it together consistently this year.  

Frankly, the Rams are the most disappointing team this year IMO.
Yeah they have that classic Super Bowl hangover complex this season. So hot and cold. And Goff has been...so inconsistent and the OL play has really hurt them to be frank.

Gerald Everett failed to catch his lone target in the Rams' Week 16 loss to the 49ers.

Meanwhile, Tyler Higbee extended his 100-yard streak to four games. It's clear that Robert Woods is the top receiver and Higbee is the top tight end. They'll be leaving scraps to the rest of the pass-catchers, including Everett. The only reason to hold onto Everett is his dreamy Week 17 home matchup against the league's worst defense versus tight ends. Higbee will be a borderline top-four option and Everett will be a touchdown-dependent TE2.

Rams coach Sean McVay said he's "got to do a better job of utilizing [Gerald Everett's] skill set" this upcoming season.

“Really, really excited about what Gerald Everett’s going to do,” McVay said. "“I think Tyler Higbee did a phenomenal job, but I think Gerald Everett’s a guy that I’ve got to do a better job of utilizing his skill set because he’s a difference-maker. But he’s got to get the opportunities and I think that starts with some of the things I know I can do a better job of.” Everett was well on his way to breaking out in his age-25 season, surging out the gates for 37/408/2 and 11 yards per catch through Los Angeles' first nine games, but sustained a lingering knee injury in Week 11 and eventually took a backseat to Tyler Higbee's Gronk-like 43/522/2 across five December starts. The latter obviously shined in that stretch but Everett, a former second-round pick and the first selection of McVay's head coaching tenure, did open the year as the team's every-down receiving threat. Higbee remains a bet-on-talent top-eight option at his position this offseason whereas Everett slides in as a sneaky late-round dart with upside.

RELATED: 

Tyler Higbee

SOURCE: USA Today

Apr 9, 2020, 12:33 AM ET

I was hoping he'd get dealt when I recently traded for Everett, but Cooks being traded instead is still a net-positive for every other Rams receiver. Even moreso if they use the 2nd they got on an OL prospect, or if it allows them to use their 1st on one.

I was hoping he'd get dealt when I recently traded for Everett, but Cooks being traded instead is still a net-positive for every other Rams receiver. Even moreso if they use the 2nd they got on an OL prospect, or if it allows them to use their 1st on one.
I inherited him on my dynasty team. I like his talent, it's just that his situation begs for a little change in some way. I do not think Josh Reynolds will get Cooks's targets, so they've got to go somewhere, and I'm not sure Kupp and Woods aren't already seeing max. What bodes well for Everett potentially? The loss of the Rams's established running game. There may be more two tight end sets where Everett flexes. We'll see. It comforts me a bit that you traded for him and aren't stuck with him, but rather, wanted him on your squad. So did I.

I inherited him on my dynasty team. I like his talent, it's just that his situation begs for a little change in some way. I do not think Josh Reynolds will get Cooks's targets, so they've got to go somewhere, and I'm not sure Kupp and Woods aren't already seeing max. What bodes well for Everett potentially? The loss of the Rams's established running game. There may be more two tight end sets where Everett flexes. We'll see. It comforts me a bit that you traded for him and aren't stuck with him, but rather, wanted him on your squad. So did I.

I find myself hoping that McVay uses Everett as the guy who finds the gap between the 2nd and 3rd level of the defense up the seam, now that they're lacking Cooks as the field-stretcher. 

This is something McVay did with Reed in Washington often. But you need a reliable guy at TE with that skill-set to build around it in your offense, so once Reed became unreliable it fell out of the offense, and it's not something they've done a ton of in STL in the past until last year. Higbee can block so we have to hope Everett is used more down the field. Together they could be dangerous, and if Higbee misses time Everett rockets up the rankings. 

I do not think Josh Reynolds will get Cooks's targets
Maybe because 3 games is not much of a sample and we've not even had the draft yet but let's review those games.

Cooks missed two whole games and played 3 snaps in another before getting his bell rung. I'm going to call it 3 missed games. Woods also missed a game during that time which I'll cover.

Everett: got  career high 12 targets in one of those games. That's the good news. Another game he got 3 targets and in the third game got banged up and played limited snaps. He got 98 snaps in those 3 games, 16 targets, 11 catches and 103 yards. This is an Everett thread and I think Cooks absence opens up more possibility for two TE sets so I'd take it as good news, especially with the huge game he dropped, but as I break this down further he does not appear to be the biggest winner on the Rams.

Higbee: did absolutely nothing. One game he literally played 42 snaps and did not get a target. He played 101 snaps in those 3 games, got 5 targets, 4 catches for 30 yards. He actually did not break out until Cooks returned so that's a little cause for concern but to be fair he dropped a big game on Seattle when Cooks had returned but only played 27 snaps.

Kupp: he was all over the board, kinda like Everett. Had a monster 7/220/1 game, which was the game Cooks played 3 snaps. Then went into the toilet the other two games putting up a goose egg the following week and a 3/53 the next week. Total tally in those 3 games: 185 snaps, 17 targets, 10/253/1. FWIW in his 13 games with Cooks he averaged 55 snaps so his snaps went up just a touch, but not the production. Also that SEA game  I referenced when Cooks only got 27 snaps and 2 targets, that game Kupp only got 20 snaps.

Woods: he missed a game himself so he just had two games without Cooks. 2 games, 138 snaps, 13 targets, 9/131. Had a really solid outing and a really poor one.

Reynolds: 180 snaps, 19 targets, 9/177/1. Key to note Reynolds did NOT get a snap count bump when Woods was out meaning not a bump over the two other games Cooks missed that Woods played. But he did get his 3 highest snap count games of the season the 3 weeks Cooks missed and his first, second and tied for third most targets. Also I mentioned a few times the SEA game were Cooks only got 27 snaps and Kupp got 20. He got no targets in that game but he did see his 4th most snaps.  In the 13 full games Brandin Cooks played he got 5.5 targets a game on 55 snaps. In the 3 games Cooks missed Reynolds averaged 60 snaps and 6.3 targets a game. In the other 12 games Reynolds played without Cooks he averaged 25.9 snaps and 2 targets a game.

Reynolds was no world beater, a new year could be a new scheme and draft has not even happened yet, but based on what I saw last year it does seem to me that the guy on the Rams most likely to soak up Cooks snaps and targets is in fact Reynolds.

Reynolds was no world beater, a new year could be a new scheme and draft has not even happened yet, but based on what I saw last year it does seem to me that the guy on the Rams most likely to soak up Cooks snaps and targets is in fact Reynolds.
Reynolds was an FA in our league and the auction got too steep for my blood because I had to revamp a defense with the FA bucks I had. But I wanted him because I figured they'd be moving on from Cooks. C'est la vie.

Still wouldn't be surprised at all if Everett were dealt. Long term, he won't be a Ram and could net a nice pick return given what he's shown flashes of and a weak TE class.

Rams dealt a couple firsts for Ramsey I believe and in dire need to picks to address other holes. (Still owe Ramsey a new contract, which I don't think many will disagree that will come before Everett). Everett's gonna make some cash on his next deal barring injury IMO.

As the year went on, they countered the 6-1 defense by using more 2-TE sets.  So, I have to ask when the games you are quoting your stats from took place.  If they were late in the season, I'm on board.  If they were early on, I'd tend to disregard the numbers, suggesting instead that the TEs together were the beneficiaries. 

daveR said:
As the year went on, they countered the 6-1 defense by using more 2-TE sets.  So, I have to ask when the games you are quoting your stats from took place.  If they were late in the season, I'm on board.  If they were early on, I'd tend to disregard the numbers, suggesting instead that the TEs together were the beneficiaries. 
The games I used were the  two weeks Cooks missed and the game he played 3 snaps which covers weeks 8, 10,11.

Now I do agree with you that late in the season, they did skew more towards two TE sets. My feeling at the time was this was hurting Kupp, but your question got me to look a little deeper. Let's look at those late season games, as well as some other games they went heavy with two TE's.

Here is a week by week look at games Rams used two TE's:

1- 7%

2-8%

3-2%

4--4%

5- 43%

6- 14%

7- 23%

8- 2%

10- 6%

11-76%

12- 3%

13-32%

14-76%

15-4%

16-44%

17- 43%

So we can see they did go more two TE heavy late but it was sporadic, that 4% in week 15 is not a typo.

So a few points I'd draw from this data, some of which I'm making assumptions that may not be true.

1. Two TE sets were on the rise, but again sporadic, and not more then 50% except for two weeks and one of those weeks were were forced, which was week 11. Could make a case if Everett was fully healthy they'd have done it more but they actually started picking up heavy two TE usage in week 11, which is the week I think he got nicked up.  If anything looking at this data is seems they wanted to go two TE more when Mundt was the second TE, as I believe he's a superior blocker to Higbee and Everett.

2.  We only had one of those games that Cooks missed they went heavy two TE sets which was week 11 but that is complicated to use because that's the week Woods missed which  forced their hand into two TE sets. In that game Kupp and Reynolds played over 95% of the snaps because they basically had no other choice. So to your point it's true that they had no games that Woods, Kupp and Reynolds were healthy, but Cooks was out, and they were not running two TE at least 40% of the time. But let's look at what happened in those games that all 4 WR's were healthy.

Week 5 which was 43% two TE sets. Woods was the lone WR seemingly unchanged, running 93% of the snaps. Kupp and Cooks both took big hits to their snap counts from previous 4 weeks.  Kupp had been averaging 94% snap counts and went to 67% in that game. Cooks had averaged 92% and went down to 64%. Surprisingly Reynolds went up that game from 19.5% to 40%. So it seemed to be more or a less of a rotation among all WR's not named Woods.

Week 11 we already covered. Cooks and Woods was out so Reynolds and Kupp basically had to be every down players.

Week 14, the only other week they went past 50% on two TE usage. Again we have Woods seemingly untouched at 99% of the snap count. And again similar to week 5 we actually saw a rise in Reynolds snaps when they go more two TE. With all 4 WR's healthy he got 66% of the snaps(but no targets and strangely 3 carries). Kupp and Cooks were the two that got crushed, with Kupp dropping to season low 29% of the snaps and Cooks to 39%.

Week 16 and 17 basically show the same thing- 43-44% two TE usage, Woods absolutely unimpacted getting almost every single snap, Kupp and Cooks both down in 60% snap count area, Reynolds in the 40% range.

You may draw a different conclusion then me but here is the conclusion I draw on the entire Rams WR corp, before of course factoring in who they might add later.

1. Woods is the WR you want to own in 2020

2. Kupp is the one that is most impacted by the two TE sets. In the 6 games they used two TE sets 20% or more he played 58% of the snaps if you don't count week 11 when he had to play every down. If you look at it from more two TE heavy usage of 40% of more in each game, which is closer to how they finished the year, he's running 54.5%. Comparatively speaking he was at a 94% snap count the games they went two TE less then 20% of the time,

3. Hard to get a handle on Reynolds but they seemed to like to use him more when they went two TE and Cooks was healthy. I still believe after reviewing all of this that barring an addition that takes his role that Reynolds is the prime player to benefit from Cooks leaving, but saying that I'm not stumping for him because I don't think the upside is much and I'm guessing based on this data he's more in the 60-70% range on snaps.

Sorry I know this thread is about Gerald Everett, I just wanted to add some data in regards to Josh Reynolds.

Game 8 Brandin Cooks only played on 3 offensive snaps. He missed the next two games.

In those 3 games Cooks missed Reynolds played on 88% 95% and 94% of the offensive snaps in Cooks absence. 

Reynolds averaged 2.6 targets per game for the season,  but had 6.3 targets in the 3 games where Cooks was out, 44% of Reynolds total targets came in those 3 weeks.

Reynolds has a poor catch rate compared to Cooks in presumably very similar role, 10% worse last season and only 50% for his career.

I don't see a connection between the playing time of the WR being less because of the Rams using 2 TE aside from a couple of games.

For the last 5 weeks of the season Higbee played at least 86% of the snaps while Gerald Everett's snaps declined after game 9.Johnny Mundt did play 70% of the snaps week 14 and then 44% and 41% in the last 2 games of the season.

Looking at just those 3 weeks and snap counts it seemed to reduce snaps for Cooper Kupp more than Woods and Reynolds who look like they split time after Cooks came back from injury. Woods snap counts were not affected at all.

The Athletic's Jourdan Rodrigue reports teams have called the Rams to see if Gerald Everett is available for trade.

According to Rodrigue, interested clubs have been met with a "resounding 'no'" from the Rams. Everett is entering the final year of his rookie deal and had some breakout games over the past couple seasons, but a knee injury last year opened the door for Tyler Higbee to erupt over the final month, leaving Everett's place in the offense in question. Coach Sean McVay said he has plans for Everett, indicating the Rams may use more two-tight end sets in 2020. Both Everett and Higbee have tantalizing skill sets.

SOURCE: Jourdan Rodrigue on Twitter

Sep 4, 2020, 5:19 PM ET

Seems weird that they would draft Everett’s replacement going into the final year of his deal and then refuse to entertain trade offers. I’m sure they just aren’t being offered enough to be worth it.

Seems weird that they would draft Everett’s replacement going into the final year of his deal and then refuse to entertain trade offers. I’m sure they just aren’t being offered enough to be worth it.
They'll get a comp pick at the end of the year when he's gone (which given their cap situation.....almost a certainty of that).

Don't think there's a chance he's dealt now unless they get an offer they absolutely can't refuse. Would have happened at the draft earlier this year IMO......in a really weak TE draft.

If he's able to stay healthy this year, he'll be in line for a big payday

Rams coach Sean McVay said Gerald Everett (back) will be "OK."

Everett left the Sunday night season opener after getting hit in the back, but he dodged a serious injury and even returned to the game. He worked behind starter Tyler Higbee in Week 1 and is off the fantasy radar with four receivers involved in the offense. If Everett's back flares up, Higbee would be a more locked-in TE1 for fantasy purposes.

RELATED: 

Tyler Higbee

Sep 15, 2020, 10:51 PM ET

Gerald Everett (back) did not practice Wednesday.

Coach Sean McVay called it precautionary and said Everett did take part in the morning walkthrough. Everett took a shot to the back Sunday night against Dallas but did return to the game, finishing with a seven-yard catch on two targets while playing 33% of the snaps. Tyler Higbee posted a 3-40-0 line on 89% of the snaps and would be more locked in as a TE1 if Everett sits.

Sep 16, 2020, 5:32 PM ET

Rams TE Gerald Everett (back) will practice Thursday. 

Everett didn't practice Wednesday. He was targeted twice in the Rams' season opener against the Cowboys, catching one pass for seven yards. Tyler Higbee, meanwhile, played 89 percent of the team's offensive snaps, posting three catches for 40 scoreless yards. Higbee might take on a slightly larger role in the passing game this week against the Eagles if Everett is out. It appears he's on track to play though. 

RELATED: 

Tyler Higbee

Sep 17, 2020, 5:26 PM ET

Rams head coach Sean McVay said he "fully expects" TE Gerald Everett (back) to play Week 2 against the Eagles. Ever

Everett returned to practice Thursday and practiced fully on Friday. He'll be listed as questionable but it sounds like he'll get the green light to play against Philadelphia. Everett's presence in the lineup puts a bit of a damper on Tyler Higbee's weekly ceiling, though Higbee remains a must-start in 12-team leagues this week. 

RELATED: 

Tyler Higbee

SOURCE: Adam Caplan on Twitter 

Sep 18, 2020, 6:01 PM ET

Gerald Everett (back) is active for Week 2 against the Eagles. 

Everett's status is mostly about Tyler Higbee's, as this takes a small bite out of Higbee's floor. Higbee is still a high-end TE1 vs. an Eagles defense that welcomed Logan Thomas to the fantasy world last Sunday. Inactive for the Rams are RB Raymond Calais, C Brian Allen, OL Tremayne Anchrum Jr., WR Trishton Jackson, TE Brycen Hopkins and DL Eric Banks.

SOURCE: Lindsey Thiry on Twitter 

Sep 20, 2020, 11:41 AM ET

Gerald Everett caught 4-of-4 targets for 90 yards in the Rams' Week 5 win against Washington. 

He led the Rams in receiving yards in a day that saw Jared Goff go over 300 yards. Everett got involved early, finding soft spots in the Washington coverage and rumbling downfield after the catch. On a day where Tyler Higbee saw two targets from Goff, it's worth asking which Rams tight end is more startable. Both guys profile as low-end TE2s next week against the Niners.

- Rotoworld

Everett looks great -- athletic and fluid as all get out -- and then he does something like fumble like he did last week. Was happy to see the Rams going back to him when the game was still in the balance. A good day for Everett, but I doubt anybody started him.

Forced between him and and Irv smith Jr this week with Wallers bye. Rams have a better offense but play a harder defense. I'm most likely biting the bullet and plugging him in. I have 0 confidence in Minnesota

Also plugging in Everett during Waller’s bye. I had thought by now that Mo Alie-Cox would be that bye week fill-in for me but he wasn’t startable anymore even before it came out he wasn’t playing this week. So  I had to deal Gus Edwards for Everett to fill the hole in my lineup.

Gerald Everett caught 4-of-5 targets for 28 yards and one touchdown in the Rams' Week 7 win over the Bears.

Tyler Higbee (hand) didn't play in this one, but Johnny Mundt was actually second on the Rams in receiving with a 3-47 line on three targets as the No. 2 tight end. Everett at least was able to find the end zone with a 12-yard score in the third frame. He and Higbee cancel each other out most weeks, leaving both as TE2 options ahead of Week 8 at Miami.

Oct 26, 2020, 11:59 PM ET

The Athletic's Jourdan Rodrigue reports the Rams are "not expected to" re-sign free agents Gerald Everett and Josh Reynolds.

Everett is coming off a career-highs in targets (62), catches (41), and receiving yards (417), but the Rams have already invested in Tyler Higbee, who is signed through the 2023 season. Everett, 27, should sign as a low-level starter or high-end backup depending on his landing spot. Through four seasons, Everett is averaging 6.8 yards per target with a 62% catch rate. He's a former second-round pick. As for Reynolds, he'll likely sign as a backup outside receiver. Reynolds has averaged a forgettable 7.2 yards per target through four years.

RELATED: 

Josh Reynolds

SOURCE: The Athletic

Jan 26, 2021, 9:27 PM ET

The Athletic's Sheil Kapadia believes there's a "good chance" Gerald Everett will be "viewed as a starter on the open market." 

Everett in 2020 saw as many targets as Rams teammate Tyler Higbee despite running fewer pass routes. Now a free agent, Everett could land on a team that sees him not as a No. 2 tight end, but a starter. Last year, Everett averaged 7.97 PPR points in games where he saw at least five targets. "If a team thinks there’s untapped upside," Kapadia said, "a deal in the neighborhood of $7 million to $8 million per year could be in play." Higbee, signed with LA through the 2023 season, would presumably see more opportunity if Everett signs with another team, though that's far from a guarantee. 

RELATED: 

Tyler Higbee

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Feb 27, 2021, 4:58 PM ET

Seahawks signed TE Gerald Everett, formerly of the Rams, to a one-year, $6 million contract.

Everett gets a prove it deal after a couple of iffy seasons in a timeshare with Tyler Higbee. Attached to Russell Wilson and his pass-game coordinator from Los Angeles, Everett has some sleeper appeal in fantasy circles even with Will Dissly and other serviceable tight ends on the roster. The 27-year-old is a former second-round pick with a career 6.7 yards per target average.

RELATED: 

Tyler Higbee

, Will Dissly

, Los Angeles Rams

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Mar 17, 2021, 7:35 PM ET

New Seahawks TE Gerald Everett confirmed Seattle's hiring of ex-Rams passing-game coordinator Shane Waldron as offensive coordinator was a factor in his signing with the team. 

"Shane is a mastermind," Everett gushed. "He's very creative." Part of that creativity in Los Angeles was being comfortable with a two-tight end approach. The Seahawks still have teacher's pet Will Dissly under contract, to say nothing of 6-foot-7 sophomore Colby Parkinson. Dissly caught 24 passes last season even with Greg Olsen still around. Everett is finally free of Tyler Higbee, but that doesn't mean his seam stretching target competition has vanished. We will be closely monitoring the coaching staff quotes and preseason usage this summer. 

SOURCE: seahawks.com 

Apr 1, 2021, 6:55 PM ET

Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said TE Gerald Everett will be "a real threat in the throwing game" this season.

Carroll said the addition of Everett to Seattle's offense gives the team "the fanciest, sweetest-looking receiver/tight end mix that we’ve had." "He’s like a wide receiver, he’s got terrific after-the-catch run ability, really aggressive and he’s a good blocker, too, and he knows the system inside and out," Carroll said of Everett, who followed new Seahawks offensive coordinator Shane Waldron from the Rams. Everett largely split snaps with Tyler Higbee last year in LA, catching 41 of 62 targets for 417 yards and a touchdown. There remains a chance he could share the tight end pass-catching role with Will Dissly this season. The Athletic's Michael-Shawn Dugar said in March that Dissly "may be in position to hold the top spot" on the Seahawks' depth chart, even after the Everett signing. Everett's athleticism, after-the-catch ability, and familiarity with Waldron gives him the edge to lead Seattle tight ends in targets and catches. Everett is a solid late-round stacking partner with Russell Wilson in best ball leagues. 

RELATED: 

Will Dissly

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk.com 

Jun 23, 2021, 9:08 AM ET

I don't have any great comps for Everett (really nice combination of physical tools, good NCAA production solid draft capital, but somewhat undersized).  Engram is probably closest, but is even smaller.  Jared Cook maybe, but with a completely different build. Wouldn't be shocked to see Engram put up some low-end/borderline TE1 seasons.

Great QB, 3rd receiving target role is wide open, and coaches seem legit excited about him. 

11-12ppg in TE favored leagues is good for TE12-20 and I think that seems about right.  No one will have him as their TE1 on purpose, but as a deep-league flex, TE2 or best ball option he should be money.

While only a 1 year contract $6 million does seem like a fairly strong commitment. It is slightly higher than the $5 million average for a starting TE right now.

Hate to share my personal story, but my TE's in TE-premium over the past four years are at once a mess and promising.  Higbee, Everett, and Trautman all enter 2021 with an upgraded situation.  And I'm still holding Hurst and Tremble.

Anyway, Everett could shine in 2021.  What portion of Russell Wilson prod does this guy get?

I'll see y'all in the 2021 weekly WDIS threads.

The Seattle Times reports new Seahawks TE Gerald Everett is "already becoming a favorite target" for Russell Wilson. 

We must adjust. “Gerald’s super elusive — he keeps getting open,” Wilson said. "He just finds a way to make plays. He’s been exceptional for us, and I’ve got great confidence in him.” Quarterbacks have many "favorite" pass catchers, and Everett is parked behind target hogs DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett. He is also playing for a quarterback who has never been shy about peppering the seam. Continuity with new OC Shane Waldron's system is another point working in Everett's favor. Currently being drafted in the TE15-18 range, Everett could sneak into the TE1 ranks by the time it is all said and done. 

SOURCE: Seattle Times 

Aug 26, 2021, 7:00 PM ET

Please, please, please!

I took him in the last round of our draft. Wilson makes money out of no name te's.  

Please, please, please!

I took him in the last round of our draft. Wilson makes money out of no name te's.  
24-251-2

23-262-4

29-269-3

These are the no name droids who led the Seahawks at that position since Jimmy Graham took his talents to Green Bay. These are not the tight ends you are looking for.

You can build a decent narrative around why Evererett will outperform his TE20 ADP. He’s free, go get him. But Russ’s Jedi mastery of utilizing his TEs is probably not the story.

Seattle is always always always a low volume offense and their starting WRs are high snap count, high volume guys. The new OC was McVay’s passing gave coordinator & he wanted Everett. They will see a slight uptick in PA and pace. Gerald should see career highs across the board. But the opportunity for market share is limited and last time I checked Will Dissly ain’t dead yet.

24-251-2

23-262-4

29-269-3

These are the no name droids who led the Seahawks at that position since Jimmy Graham took his talents to Green Bay. These are not the tight ends you are looking for.

You can build a decent narrative around why Evererett will outperform his TE20 ADP. He’s free, go get him. But Russ’s Jedi mastery of utilizing his TEs is probably not the story.

Seattle is always always always a low volume offense and their starting WRs are high snap count, high volume guys. The new OC was McVay’s passing gave coordinator & he wanted Everett. They will see a slight uptick in PA and pace. Gerald should see career highs across the board. But the opportunity for market share is limited and last time I checked Will Dissly ain’t dead yet.

I think that's a little bit of a disingenuous of an analysis because over the last couple of years RW was just getting used to go a guy and he would get hurt.  That position has been a turnstyle for them.  

I will admit it's not a clear cut situation but as a later round pick i like the upside.  

I think that's a little bit of a disingenuous of an analysis because over the last couple of years RW was just getting used to go a guy and he would get hurt.  That position has been a turnstyle for them.  

I will admit it's not a clear cut situation but as a later round pick i like the upside.  
very good point, Wilson, Hollister, Dissly (probably 1-2 more)

but like I said, he’s free, go get him late round, easy cut if it doesn’t work out, gravy if he’s any good

LAR always have their TEs blocking 20%+ of the time and Eskridge will be soaking up slot snaps, so I guess I just don’t think Everett see many routes run.

HOWEVER, last year’s triumvirate had 458 routes run - 6th most TE routes run. Split 3 ways and low volume but you might be on to something.

very good point, Wilson, Hollister, Dissly (probably 1-2 more)

but like I said, he’s free, go get him late round, easy cut if it doesn’t work out, gravy if he’s any good

LAR always have their TEs blocking 20%+ of the time and Eskridge will be soaking up slot snaps, so I guess I just don’t think Everett see many routes run.

HOWEVER, last year’s triumvirate had 458 routes run - 6th most TE routes run. Split 3 ways and low volume but you might be on to something.

All true

All three of those guys held value when they were healthy though.  I rode Dissly for a 3-4 game stretch where he was putting up pretty good numbers in 2019.  Saved my season!

Users who are viewing this thread