Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: TE Evan Engram, N.Y. Giants


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

I wouldnt be so sure. Engram has Jones' eye and Barkley is out. Engram is going to eat. Possible TE#1 material

dirt cheap. I would fall over myself to make that trade, and zero chance I would trade him for that

Barkley being out is a mixed bag for the rest of the team.  More opportunities, possibly, but I have to imagine containing Engram is the #1 priority for the Washington defense now.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A lot of people have been looking at Sterling Shephard or Golden Tate picking up the opportunities that used to go to Beckham. I am not really seeing it that way. I think Golden Tate picks up a s

“What I've learned at #GiantsCamp thread: 1. Evan Engram has been the best offensive player on the field. He was also the best in spring practices. He is also being used on different route depths + al

What we learned about the Giants after Week 2 of OTA practices Excerpt:

30 minutes ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

I wouldnt be so sure. Engram has Jones' eye and Barkley is out. Engram is going to eat. Possible TE#1 material

dirt cheap. I would fall over myself to make that trade, and zero chance I would trade him for that

Olsen and Mixon in redraft 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Chaka said:

Barkley being out is a mixed bag for the rest of the team.  More opportunities, possibly, but I have to imagine containing Engram is the #1 priority for the Washington defense now.

 

 

Yeah possibly but Washington is a terrible football team. Just horrible on all fronts. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

Thats actually not bad based on Mixons outlook and 2019 resume. 

I would probably take that in redraft for Engram, but I am a Mixon fan. 

Grouped with the injury-risk to Olsen and the putrid Bengals offense, I felt it was worth the risk. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Engram could easily go off this week. Collins is good but surrounded by mostly trash other than the DL (when healthy). He's not a guy I would avoid in terms of matchups, and the Giants don't even need to use Engram in a way that would pit him against a SS consistently even if he WAS some sort of matchup nightmare for a TE. Engram can line up all over and take advantage of young inexperienced ILB's, crappy corners, a lacking FS...before ever even having to worry about Collins. Nevermind the fact that Collins is not exactly a perfect guy in coverage anyways. 

Engram is basically the ONE guy this eternally slumping Skins D has to stop, with no Barkley, no more OBJ, no Tate, a banged up Shepard, and a rookie QB...

That's not going to stop him from dominating, most likely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

Same could be said about Waller and Andrews, but they have been lights out for the most part. Ertz has had big success as the only big threat in Philly. 

Sure, being the top option in that offense means the top defensive target too, but success can (and will) still come. 

I don't see that Andrews has a ton of help on his offense and Waller has Tyrell and Jacobs, which is a lot more than Engram right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

true. I cant see them bring completely shut down but we will see

They aren't good enough to stop him, they can only try to contain him.

Edited by Chaka
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Evan Engram caught 4-of-7 targets for 54 yards in the Giants' Week 4 win over the Redskins.

Engram was literally being tackled by the Redskins' secondary in the middle of his routes at times. It was evident that the Redskins were making sure Engram wasn't going to single-handedly beat them. For the most part, it worked, but Engram did use his elite athleticism to break free for a big run after the catch. Through four weeks, Engram is on pace for 108 catches, 1,324 receiving yards, and eight touchdowns this season. He's an elite TE1 as one of the centerpieces of the offense.

Sep 29, 2019, 4:35 PM ET

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

Knee injury. Wth?

Saw that as well -- did that happen in-game?

On one hand, I don't think the Giants practiced to day, so being on an injury report on a non-practicing day may not be as big of a deal compared to tomorrow and Wed if he's limited/DNP.

On the other hand, any ding to our boy is concerning, and it's a short week which compounds healing time and potential availability -- and having to scramble on the wire if he can't go.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Engram seems to be the most likely to play among those who sat out today. Shurmur said the team’s leader with 33 receptions has, “just a little game soreness. We’ll just see how he does as the week progresses.” Shurmur did not know if Engram will practice tomorrow.

https://www.giants.com/news/giants-playmakers-sterling-shepard-evan-engram-land-on-injury-report

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeSteeler said:

Engram seems to be the most likely to play among those who sat out today. Shurmur said the team’s leader with 33 receptions has, “just a little game soreness. We’ll just see how he does as the week progresses.” Shurmur did not know if Engram will practice tomorrow.

https://www.giants.com/news/giants-playmakers-sterling-shepard-evan-engram-land-on-injury-report

Even if he plays I’m assuming this is the player the Pats game plan out of the game.  Almost hope Barkley plays to open it up for Engram? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9:54 am

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
1m
In addition to WR Sterling Shepard being out Thursday at New England and RB Saquon Barkley being unlikely to play, there’s also a real chance the Giants will be without TE Evan Engram, who is dealing with a sprained MCL, per source. It’ll be a challenge for Engram to play at NE.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kodycutter said:

9:54 am

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
1m
In addition to WR Sterling Shepard being out Thursday at New England and RB Saquon Barkley being unlikely to play, there’s also a real chance the Giants will be without TE Evan Engram, who is dealing with a sprained MCL, per source. It’ll be a challenge for Engram to play at NE.

2-4 weeks?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Plethora of TE riches with Engram/Waller and then I have none in week 6. 1-4 and number 3 in points.

Oh FF gods, I hope I enjoyed whatever it was that pissed you off so.

WW fodder here I come.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, C-Bound said:

I have Walker and Hoech but am not excited about either this week.  Could throw a line for Everett off the wire.

I'd probably lean Everett. Hock is no lock to play, and goes Monday Night, and Walker has barely played the last 2 weeks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, C-Bound said:

I have Walker and Hoech but am not excited about either this week.  Could throw a line for Everett off the wire.

I will probably do the same but it feels like a waste of a ww position and like chasing points but watcha finna du?

Link to post
Share on other sites

(RotoWire) Engram (knee) was present for the Giants' practice Tuesday and was seen running routes and participating in individual drills, Dan Duggan of The Athletic reports.

Analysis: Adam Schefter of ESPN relayed earlier Tuesday that Engram suffered a sprained MCL in his left knee during Sunday's loss to the Vikings, clouding the tight end's availability for a Thursday night matchup with the Patriots in Week 6. The fact that Engram was on the field in some capacity Tuesday offers some more encouragement about his outlook for this week, as does the fact that he was wearing a protective wrap over the knee rather than a brace, per Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com. That said, Raanan noted that Engram "didn't look great" while moving around, and the 25-year-old's activity may not even be enough to constitute limited participation in Tuesday's practice. Another update on Engram should be available when practice concludes, but if he can't go in Week 6, Rhett Ellison would be in store for an enhanced role at tight end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Futz said:

Plethora of TE riches with Engram/Waller and then I have none in week 6. 1-4 and number 3 in points.

Oh FF gods, I hope I enjoyed whatever it was that pissed you off so.

WW fodder here I come.

I'm 2-3 with 2nd most points, and 100 more PA than the next team.  Lost 220-200 one week.

 

Lamar, Saquon,Cook, DJ, Allen, Lockett, Kittle are my core.....2-3.

 

Edited by SCT
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Futz said:

Plethora of TE riches with Engram/Waller and then I have none in week 6. 1-4 and number 3 in points.

Oh FF gods, I hope I enjoyed whatever it was that pissed you off so.

WW fodder here I come.

Same boat in dynasty. I might grab Izzo and hope for a TD. Try not to puke, but Jeremey Sprinkle might be a sleeper vs. Miami if Davis & Reed are still out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh. Can totally see them resting Engram to heal, and if he plays, can also see that he's out there as a decoy/limited reps.

Would love him to heal for the long term. At same time both options above are preferrable for me having to drop badly needed depth to cover an injured TE not on a bye.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Ugh. Can totally see them resting Engram to heal, and if he plays, can also see that he's out there as a decoy/limited reps.

Would love him to heal for the long term. At same time both options above are preferrable for me having to drop badly needed depth to cover an injured TE not on a bye.

I was able to sell him this morning, something seems fishy with Shurmer's comments, probably not to get embarrassed too badly.

Does NE choose to take away a potentially gimpy Engram, or Golden Tate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On one hand, Engram was a limited participant in practice. That he was on the field practicing to day is some modicum of good news, I guess.

On the other hand, that he didn't have a travel bag near his locker isn't a terrific sign. That there also wasn't a travel bag for guys like Shepard (who is likely to be out given concussion protocol) and Barkley (who is likely to be out despite Shurmur keeping coy about it) is not making me feel great about Engram's chances.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Most have likely seen this, but Engram has been deemed out for this week.

:sadbanana:

Now I have to drop a lotto ticket I would have preferred to keep to cover. So be it.

In a 14-team league, waivers are thin. Looking at guys like Hunter Henry or Vernon Davis (if either are cleared), Noah Fant, and even O.J. Howard or Ricky Seales-Jones.

The sneaky move might actually be Rhett Ellison, given that he may pick up the slack from both Engram and Shepard being out. But the NE D may have something to say about that.

How are you other Engram owners covering his absence this week?

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Most have likely seen this, but Engram has been deemed out for this week.

:sadbanana:

Now I have to drop a lotto ticket I would have preferred to keep to cover. So be it.

In a 14-team league, waivers are thin. Looking at guys like Hunter Henry or Vernon Davis (if either are cleared), Noah Fant, and even O.J. Howard or Ricky Seales-Jones.

The sneaky move might actually be Rhett Ellison, given that he may pick up the slack from both Engram and Shepard being out. But the NE D may have something to say about that.

How are you other Engram owners covering his absence this week?

Jared Cook for me. Whee?

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Most have likely seen this, but Engram has been deemed out for this week.

:sadbanana:

Now I have to drop a lotto ticket I would have preferred to keep to cover. So be it.

In a 14-team league, waivers are thin. Looking at guys like Hunter Henry or Vernon Davis (if either are cleared), Noah Fant, and even O.J. Howard or Ricky Seales-Jones.

The sneaky move might actually be Rhett Ellison, given that he may pick up the slack from both Engram and Shepard being out. But the NE D may have something to say about that.

How are you other Engram owners covering his absence this week?

Rhett Ellison actually did ok when Engram was out last season. Here is what he did in the 4 games that Engram missed.

5 targets 3 receptions 29 yards

3 targets 2 receptions 17 yards

6 targets 4 receptions 77 yards

6 targets 4 receptions 42 yards

Both Engram and Ellison missed game 6 last year.

I know thats not great, but if you have no better options he might be able to do something for your team.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Rhett Ellison actually did ok when Engram was out last season. Here is what he did in the 4 games that Engram missed.

5 targets 3 receptions 29 yards

3 targets 2 receptions 17 yards

6 targets 4 receptions 77 yards

6 targets 4 receptions 42 yards

Both Engram and Ellison missed game 6 last year.

I know thats not great, but if you have no better options he might be able to do something for your team.

Wow, thanks for the insight and data!

Question becomes if Ellison will have a chance against the NE D, as opposed to Vernon Davis v MIA, Fant v TEN, OJ v CAR, Seals-Jones v SEA, or Henry v PIT.

I think Davis has the best upside, but he needs to be cleared first. Also looking at Henry as if he's cleared, could be a great trade chip. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Wow, thanks for the insight and data!

Question becomes if Ellison will have a chance against the NE D, as opposed to Vernon Davis v MIA, Fant v TEN, OJ v CAR, Seals-Jones v SEA, or Henry v PIT.

I think Davis has the best upside, but he needs to be cleared first. Also looking at Henry as if he's cleared, could be a great trade chip. 

What stinks for Henry is that he's Sunday night and you'd likely have no hedge unless you have Vance McDonald, Hockenson or Graham.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Wow, thanks for the insight and data!

Question becomes if Ellison will have a chance against the NE D, as opposed to Vernon Davis v MIA, Fant v TEN, OJ v CAR, Seals-Jones v SEA, or Henry v PIT.

I think Davis has the best upside, but he needs to be cleared first. Also looking at Henry as if he's cleared, could be a great trade chip. 

Yeah I would lean towards Davis or Henry if healthy as well I think. Ellison is a blocking TE after all.

Possible Ellison puts up the same numbers as these guys this week though. :shrug:

Good luck with whatever you ultimately decide to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

What stinks for Henry is that he's Sunday night and you'd likely have no hedge unless you have Vance McDonald, Hockenson or Graham.

 

If Henry is just starting to practice and albeit limited right now, I see virtually zero chance he's going to get out there this week anyways. I'm warming to the idea of these guys in this order:

1. Vance Johnson (Best shot at a TD)

2. Vernon Davis (If I knew he were playing at Miami)

3. Rhett Ellison (Garbage time vs NE should at least net a 4-45 with the limited WR options)

4. Jordan Akins (probable shootout with KC but does share touches a little too much)

Edited by Futz
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

I have a hole @ TE & tried to move Diggs straight up for Engram, but no go. He wants Juju. I think this is him getting a steal. Am I overthinking?

I would not trade Engram for Diggs. 

Not sure I would do it for JuJu in redraft. Dynasty sure but that's a steal for the team getting JuJu

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, C-Bound said:

Walker. 😐

Izzo. Hoping with Dorsett not suiting up and BB basically putting his faith in the two young TEs by cutting Watson, they might be mixing them a little more into the game plan. Izzo from what I hear is the lesser blocker so should be getting more catches. Anything more than goose egg is gravy.

As other poster said, Vernon Davis/Sprinkle might be a good call if VD is officially in/out

Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting to get more intrugued:

Rhett Ellison posted snap rates of 87%, 98%, 89% and 94% in four games without Engram last season. His combined 13-165-0 line in those performances isn't spectacular, but the block-first TE has at least shown the ability to catch most passes thrown his way. Ellison is more of an underrated play in DFS showdown slates to save salary, as the floor of the Giants Offense makes him an extremely thin season-long play.

Ian Hartitz--- Rotoworld

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Evan Engram (knee) took part in Monday's practice.

Engram had little chance to play with the short turnaround in Week 6 (New York played on Thursday night), but a return against the Cardinals in Week 7 seems feasible. Rhett Ellison handled tight-end responsibilities in Engram's absence last week against New England.

SOURCE: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter

Oct 14, 2019, 12:01 PM ET

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...