What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (5 Viewers)

NFL2DF said:
Who is afraid to touch this?

The media, twitter, even our very own political forum here at FBG have been in hysterics for over a year about Trump's mental health.

The real issue not being discussed is CTE. If the media had any integrity or players and fans really cared about black lives then they would be having a conversation about CTE which kills more blacks than the cops.
Let's do both!

Jesse Owens in Munich.

Jackie Robinson

1968 Olympics

Muhammad Ali's protest of Vietnam.

Miracle on Ice

1984 Olympics

Post 9/11 MLB playoffs and World Series

Pat Tillman foregoing an NFL career out of a call for duty.

There's been plenty of times in which sports have transcended the "YOU'RE HERE FOR MY ENTERTAINMENT...SO PLAY AND SHUT UP!!!" cries from the (presumably) Trump supporters.  This thing is no different. 

Jesse Owens in Munich.

Jackie Robinson

1968 Olympics

Miracle on Ice

1984 Olympics

There's been plenty of times in which sports have transcended the "YOU'RE HERE FOR MY ENTERTAINMENT...SO PLAY AND SHUT UP!!!" cries from the (presumably) Trump supporters.  This thing is no different. 
I'm not a Trump supporter. This is wrong. Love Villaneuva right now. 

Yes, it is odd. It's also odd that a veteran has to feel impelled to stand for the National Anthem.  
Not sure it's odd, with what he dedicated his life to for years and accomplished including saving lives not sure it doesn't deserve a lot more respect than you're giving?

GoBirds said:
Not sure it's odd, with what he dedicated his life to for years and accomplished including saving lives not sure it doesn't deserve a lot more respect than you're giving?
No, I was respoding to someone which is why this needs a new thread.  

rockaction said:
I'm not a Trump supporter. This is wrong. Love Villaneuva right now. 
I love him too. I'm still pissed the Eagles didn't keep him.  I think he's party of a healthy conversation.  I know there will be those on the internet crushing him......but I hope at the least...his teammates understand his need to do what he did.....

Thunderlips said:
Jesse Owens in Munich.

Jackie Robinson

1968 Olympics

Miracle on Ice

1984 Olympics

Yeah, the 1968 Olympics was a huge one.  Most of us were too young to remember that but I wonder who the people were the fumed about that, and what side of history they ended up being on.

Yeah, the 1968 Olympics was a huge one.  Most of us were too young to remember that but I wonder who the people were the fumed about that, and what side of history they ended up being on.
Except some people agree with Kaep that don't think what happened today was necessary.  

How the hell does a racist comment like this fly here
:lol:  

That wasn't a racist comment, it has been used numerous times before on these boards regarding comparisons that are larger than apples to oranges. And one who was a supporter of Obama (voted for him twice) also Hillary and known as a progressive/liberal would hardly intentionally ever make a racial slur against Obama. Please.

Last edited by a moderator:
squistion said:
Please.

Obama saying that "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon" and "Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago" is not the same as calling Kaepernick and others who kneel "sons of #####es" - not even close.

If he had called George Zimmerman, who you defended, a "son of a #####" or something similar, then you would be making an apples to apples comparison instead of applies to watermelons.
Please don't say watermelons in any thread where race is discussed. 

It's an incorrect statement. But not unusual. Lots of people think others who think differently than they do get special treatment. 

Don't call people liars when you don't know the reality. 
The post that Bruce Dickinson responded to has been repeated and repeated.  So it might seem like he overreacted to it, but if one sees that kind of post dozens of times then a reaction like Bruce's should be understood.  This is the kind of post that you guys never see, and why would you?  Since it doesn't really break any message board guidelines, but it's flat out harassment and an intentional attempt to goad Bruce Dickinson, who is a great poster.

It's an incorrect statement. But not unusual. Lots of people think others who think differently than they do get special treatment. 

How would you prefer we handle users who have a long pattern of making demonstrably and objectively false statements about other users?

Joe,

There was a thread where he asked how I like sitting in the corner of the room watching my wife get banged by someone....no exaggeration. It was reported and was deleted by a mod with no punishment. I spent months away for a lot less. Is what it is, you guys run the show and I appreciate what you have here for everyone but he constantly tries to bait people for a fight and I do my best to avoid. Those comments seemed across the line but hard to know where the line is if comments like that about my wife are allowed. That is the only reason for my comment. 

How would you prefer we handle users who have a long pattern of making demonstrably and objectively false statements about other users?
Maybe just go your own way instead of constantly going after certain posters, the way you gone after people with different views than yours are over the line and I've asked you to ignore me many times. Best wishes, please don't respond in the future and I will do the same.  :thumbup:

The post that Bruce Dickinson responded to has been repeated and repeated.  So it might seem like he overreacted to it, but if one sees that kind of post dozens of times then a reaction like Bruce's should be understood.  This is the kind of post that you guys never see, and why would you?  Since it doesn't really break any message board guidelines, but it's flat out harassment and an intentional attempt to goad Bruce Dickinson, who is a great poster.
Maybe Bruce is better off not responding then.

Joe,

There was a thread where he asked how I like sitting in the corner of the room watching my wife get banged by someone....no exaggeration. It was reported and was deleted by a mod with no punishment. I spent months away for a lot less. Is what it is, you guys run the show and I appreciate what you have here for everyone but he constantly tries to bait people for a fight and I do my best to avoid. Those comments seemed across the line but hard to know where the line is if comments like that about my wife are allowed. That is the only reason for my comment. 
I would have suspended someone for that. If you think something is across the line, assume it is and don't post.

Great poster? Like when he told Dodds that nasty comment involving the f word?

By reporting them with EXACTLY what you claim is false. If you want to claim someone is saying something false, say you think it's false and copy and paste the exact quote that backs your point. 

I would have suspended someone for that. If you think something is across the line, assume it is and don't post.
Joe, I did report it and did not respond. He was coming after me again the next day. While I know you would have handled correctly whoever got the report just deleted his posts and people's response. Any encouragement he can be given that we go separate ways is appreciated I I will get back on topic, thanks for what you do and provide here.  :thumbup:

Judging by the resounding boos from fans in stadiums across the country today, the NFL and its players have taken an inexcusably terrible position on this matter.  They have to dig out from under this, but how I don't know. It is indefensible to protest the anthem going forward.

This reminds me of stories of one of the NFL player strikes in the 1980s.  Maybe an NBA strike?  I believe the players union sent the players to a press conference and they acted all upset, meanwhile the fans attitude was that these were millionaires paid to play a kids game and the fans completely turned on the players.  The strike ended shortly afterward.  I see the same result here.  The fans have spoken and then fans will win.

This reminds me of stories of one of the NFL player strikes in the 1980s.  Maybe an NBA strike?  I believe the players union sent the players to a press conference and they acted all upset, meanwhile the fans attitude was that these were millionaires paid to play a kids game and the fans completely turned on the players.  The strike ended shortly afterward.  I see the same result here.  The fans have spoken and then fans will win.
You make a very good point with this, the boos will only get louder. 

FWIW, you personally suspended me for the comment GoBirds is claiming I got away with.  I agreed the joke was over the line and did not contest the suspension.  It has, however, been amusing seeing GoBirds (and other users) claim many times across several threads that I got off with no disciplinary action.  That was why the last few times GoBirds made the claim I responded with "objectively false" and felt so comfortable labeling him a liar for his repeated statements.

Judging by the resounding boos from fans in stadiums across the country today, the NFL and its players have taken an inexcusably terrible position on this matter.  They have to dig out from under this, but how I don't know. It is indefensible to protest the anthem going forward.
Yet those people were all in the stands to boo.

and will be there next week...

do you think  ratings will be up or down this week over last?

Users who are viewing this thread