Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

John Chavez‏ @jchavezfbnm 4h4 hours ago Replying to @realDonaldTrump "Thinking NFL players are 'protesting the flag' is like thinking Rosa Parks was protesting public transportation."

says the guy who is on an internet politics forum while the game is on saying he doesnt want to be bothered by political stuff during the game take that to the bank bromigos 

Hmmm...if you wade into an issue by telling people who are kneeling because of a racial issue to stop kneeling, you by definition are dealing with race whether you mention race or not.  This isn't har

Daily Caller with a pretty big scoop about an NFL owner who is "******* livid" over the protest. Link

An NFL owner reached out to The Daily Caller Monday night to express his extreme displeasure with players protesting the national anthem.

“I am ******* livid right now. I see this **** and I lose my mind. It needs to end immediately,” the owner stated during the brief phone conversation on background Monday.

“I’ll give up football completely and find something else to do with my time if this continues,” he added. “This horse **** must end. These players are so out of touch. They disrespect our flag and then wonder why Trump won. It’s a no-brainer. This is so disrespectful.”

Oh, but wait for the kicker...

To be clear, the owner we spoke with is a shareholder of the Green Bay Packers. We feel this makes him uniquely qualified to put his finger on the pulse of everyday Americans, as opposed to possibly out of touch billionaires that own other NFL franchises.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Doesn't matter what they did, there will always be people to find something critical to say. 

this works perfectly against the position i suspect you intend to take bromigo take that to the just sayin bank brochacho

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

You know what? You're right.

I worked all day, my team is on MNF, I don't want to think about anything right now. I just want to relax and watch football. ####### sue me

says the guy who is on an internet politics forum while the game is on saying he doesnt want to be bothered by political stuff during the game take that to the bank bromigos 

Edited by SWC
  • Like 13
7 minutes ago, SWC said:

I feel like you almost broke character here. Almost

33 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Not sure how you get that. The entire team unified for a kneel to show support for Racial Equality and against Police Brutality was strong. Felt like the opposite of not wanting to be bothered. 

Was a half-measure.  Looked very selfish for Jerry Jones.

Just now, squistion said:

:yes:

Wesley Lowery‏ account @WesleyLowery 52m52 minutes ago

if kneeling *before the anthem* also gets you boo'ed, doesn't that suggest

that opposition to kneeling was never about the anthem?

Don't you think the fans assumed they were going to kneel through the anthem? Seems like weak spin. 

• Like 3

To be clear, the owner we spoke with is a shareholder of the Green Bay Packers. We feel this makes him uniquely qualified to put his finger on the pulse of everyday Americans, as opposed to possibly out of touch billionaires that own other NFL franchises.

Wow, talk about fake news. There are 360,760 shareholders of the Green Bay Packers! The shareholders aren't "owners" and they have no voting rights when it comes to anything regarding the team. It is a symbolic gesture, nothing more. Citing the opinion of 1 out of 360,000 of these people is like calling someone an astronomer because they bought a star on one of those "Own A Star" registries.

• Like 3

Don't you think the fans assumed they were going to kneel through the anthem? Seems like weak spin.

Maybe fans should boo what actually happens, not what they think would happen?

Or maybe fans shouldn't disrespect the anthem by booing in the first place?

Edited by Joe Summer
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Joe Summer said:

Wow, talk about fake news. There are 360,760 shareholders of the Green Bay Packers! The shareholders aren't "owners" and they have no voting rights when it comes to anything regarding the team. It is a symbolic gesture, nothing more. Citing the opinion of 1 out of 360,000 of these people is like calling someone an astronomer because they bought a star on one of those "Own A Star" registries.

Wait, what?  (crumples up official certificate)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Don Quixote said:

Daily Caller with a pretty big scoop about an NFL owner who is "******* livid" over the protest. Link

Oh, but wait for the kicker...

Countdown to the cheetoh retweet?

2 hours ago, Sheriff Bart said:

I would normally agree but if you reread his post these were teammates, not your hot take talking head. 

I would agree with you, but then I think about what my wife would say about what "I would want to do" and what I would actually do.  Aaaand I go back to my previous statement.

34 minutes ago, squistion said:

:yes:

Wesley Lowery‏ account @WesleyLowery 52m52 minutes ago

if kneeling *before the anthem* also gets you boo'ed, doesn't that suggest

that opposition to kneeling was never about the anthem?

And this is why we don't rely on Twitter for... anything.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, NFL2DF said:

Yes. 

However, just because I disagree with what Trump said I don't immediately jump to "he is a racist".

I can't say if he's racist or not but I feel pretty confident in saying he's an idiot. 

Edited by Hawkeye21
  • Like 2

My favorite so far are the multiple friends on Facebook who have posted several things each ranting about the players kneeling and all swearing they'll never watch another NFL game again...and who I know for a fact have never watched NFL games anyway. :lmao:

One woman has posted about 15 memes on this bashing the players with about half of them pledging not to watch the NFL. I know with 100% certainty that she hates sports and doesn't watch a bit of the NFL.

It'd be like me promising to never eat liver again in my life.

36 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Do we need any new evidence to prove Trump is racist?

We don't need any new evidence. We have all the evidence we need for a prima facie case with the Obama is a Kenyan birther nonsense.

Edited by squistion
6 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

My favorite so far are the multiple friends on Facebook who have posted several things each ranting about the players kneeling and all swearing they'll never watch another NFL game again...and who I know for a fact have never watched NFL games anyway. :lmao:

One woman has posted about 15 memes on this bashing the players with about half of them pledging not to watch the NFL. I know with 100% certainty that she hates sports and doesn't watch a bit of the NFL.

It'd be like me promising to never eat liver again in my life.

This will all blow over and in a few weeks people who do watch will be back to watching football. Here in Denver the waiting list is so long for tickets people are all for those giving up their tickets so they can buy them.

12 hours ago, Da Guru said:

I agree 100%  But now ratings are sliding as well. Veterans want a national boycott on Veterans day.  Not good for the league.

Again I do not care who sits or stands but sitting on Sunday does not change anything on a Monday morning in a Detroit school or hood.  Getting out in the community can change things and people. That would require actual time and effort though.

Exactly, how many of these kneelers are willing to kneel for the GAME, and not get paid.   Or better yet donate your salary to the cause.  

Answer=ZERO

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, thatguythere said:

Exactly, how many of these kneelers are willing to kneel for the GAME, and not get paid.   Or better yet donate your salary to the cause.  

Answer=ZERO

You don't know that. Lots of them donate their time and money all the time. Most do more for the people with their free time then Donald Trump ever did.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Joe Bryant said:

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/912473971874025472

Proverbs 31:8-9New Living Translation (NLT)

8 Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves;
    ensure justice for those being crushed.
9 Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless,
    and see that they get justice.

When are they going to kneel and speak up about all the black on black murders in this country?

• Like 1