What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (2 Viewers)

Just had to reply to my Dad for forwarding a propaganda right-wing email filled with lies about this whole thing. 

Had to give him links to all the info and included the articles already out there showing its all bullcrap.

Really sad. :(   Really pathetic.  :kicksrock:

:yes:

Wesley Lowery‏ account @WesleyLowery 52m52 minutes ago

if kneeling *before the anthem* also gets you boo'ed, doesn't that suggest

that opposition to kneeling was never about the anthem?

To be clear, the owner we spoke with is a shareholder of the Green Bay Packers. We feel this makes him uniquely qualified to put his finger on the pulse of everyday Americans, as opposed to possibly out of touch billionaires that own other NFL franchises.
Wow, talk about fake news. There are 360,760 shareholders of the Green Bay Packers! The shareholders aren't "owners" and they have no voting rights when it comes to anything regarding the team. It is a symbolic gesture, nothing more. Citing the opinion of 1 out of 360,000 of these people is like calling someone an astronomer because they bought a star on one of those "Own A Star" registries.

Don't you think the fans assumed they were going to kneel through the anthem? Seems like weak spin.
Maybe fans should boo what actually happens, not what they think would happen?

Or maybe fans shouldn't disrespect the anthem by booing in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, talk about fake news. There are 360,760 shareholders of the Green Bay Packers! The shareholders aren't "owners" and they have no voting rights when it comes to anything regarding the team. It is a symbolic gesture, nothing more. Citing the opinion of 1 out of 360,000 of these people is like calling someone an astronomer because they bought a star on one of those "Own A Star" registries.
Wait, what?  (crumples up official certificate)

I would normally agree but if you reread his post these were teammates, not your hot take talking head. 
I would agree with you, but then I think about what my wife would say about what "I would want to do" and what I would actually do.  Aaaand I go back to my previous statement.

NFL2DF said:
:lmao:

Right on cue. 

The team kneels in unity and to protest police brutality, however their demonstration also agreed with what Trump said, keep it out of the anthem. Must be RACIST!!!!!!!!!!
Ain't that some crap? :lol:

My favorite so far are the multiple friends on Facebook who have posted several things each ranting about the players kneeling and all swearing they'll never watch another NFL game again...and who I know for a fact have never watched NFL games anyway. :lmao:

One woman has posted about 15 memes on this bashing the players with about half of them pledging not to watch the NFL. I know with 100% certainty that she hates sports and doesn't watch a bit of the NFL.

It'd be like me promising to never eat liver again in my life.

My favorite so far are the multiple friends on Facebook who have posted several things each ranting about the players kneeling and all swearing they'll never watch another NFL game again...and who I know for a fact have never watched NFL games anyway. :lmao:

One woman has posted about 15 memes on this bashing the players with about half of them pledging not to watch the NFL. I know with 100% certainty that she hates sports and doesn't watch a bit of the NFL.

It'd be like me promising to never eat liver again in my life.
This will all blow over and in a few weeks people who do watch will be back to watching football. Here in Denver the waiting list is so long for tickets people are all for those giving up their tickets so they can buy them.

Da Guru said:
I agree 100%  But now ratings are sliding as well. Veterans want a national boycott on Veterans day.  Not good for the league.

Again I do not care who sits or stands but sitting on Sunday does not change anything on a Monday morning in a Detroit school or hood.  Getting out in the community can change things and people. That would require actual time and effort though.
Exactly, how many of these kneelers are willing to kneel for the GAME, and not get paid.   Or better yet donate your salary to the cause.  

Answer=ZERO

It's interesting when you look at our President's tweets this morning and see the percentage of likes to anything else.  You have to be blind or in a complete echo chamber to not comprehend the fact he is saying what many Americans feel right now.  

Users who are viewing this thread