What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (4 Viewers)

Where's the alex smith backer(s) lmfao
Not sure how many there were...but there was that one guy all week going off on the decision.
Again, it was butcher boy and his junk stats, thehornet and his milk and cookies, tjnc09 and his ZOMG ALEX VS. BILLS, then hoya. I got 'em all lined up in a row like guppies :shark:
:shrug: You guys can keep this thread to yourselves. The fascination with him is really creepy.Congrats, he had a very nice game aside from his INT against a team that gave up almost 500 yards to Minnesota two weeks ago on the road. It was like CK shredded the '85 Bears out there.
Is admitting you are wrong really that difficult?"I.... was..... wrong" Say it with me.
He played great. They still are no further than they were last year. If he leads the team to a SB this year, I will admit I'm wrong.
If kaepernick plays like crap in the NFC championship game, he will still be no worse than smith by your metric. At the very least, the niners were able to more comfortably beat GB than they did NO last year.

Using FBG scoring (4pt pass TDs), Kaepernick scored 50.25 points last night. Not many times in non-PPR scoring, 4 point passing TDs has any player scored 50.50 from a WR/RB woul take 4TDs and 260 total yards.For a QB with 0 rushing yards, he'd need to pass for 5 TDs and 600 yards.What K-Pax did last night has to rank as one of the greatest FF games ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Two Deep said:
he appears smart enough to slide when needed.
This is why I don't think comparing him to Vick or RG3 is completely apples-apples. Kaepernick has been taking yards when available, but isn't trying to shrug tackles.I'm a little bit concerned just because of how fast the game plays out; a running qb has only split-seconds to decide when to slide, but only a little bit.

'meyerj31 said:
Great game by Kaep. Too bad he's the flavor-of-the-month running QB, though.In a few years when he's knocked out of the NFL because of concussions or an ACL tear, Rodgers will still be trucking.I've seen plenty of young running QBs, but no old running QBs. We'll see how he does later in his career. My guess it will be short one. He'll be incredibly lucky to make it half as far as Steve Young (who was also a good running QB, for those that remember... see how his career ended (concussions)).
Predicting injury??I've watched dam near every snap of Kaep's career since college. A few things I've noticed over the years. He is VERY GOOD at executing the read option. When run properly, defenses can be left spinning in circles like Mathews last night. His ability to throw accurately on the run keeps improving. And most importantly, he seems to be able to avoid big hits. He ran a lot in college, and stayed healthy. He gets outside and takes whats there. And, going back to college, he seems to be able to absorb hits well. Last night, he slid when there was nothing. In college he prolly woulda been able to juke the defenders and get an extra 10. All this together makes him one hell of an offensive threat. All I know is, the 9ers have a dirty offense to go along with their dirty defense. You couldnt say that with Alex Smith under center.

I unfortunately didn't get to watch the game last night, but I read that his first drive INT was a result of Michael Crabtree slipping during his route? So than he actually could have had an even bigger day. He could have no doubt capped it off by running that last TD in himself too if they hadn't opted to hand off to Anthony Dixon on 3rd down. People in my dynasty league couldn't believe it this year when I took a backup QB in round 7 (out of 10) of our rookie/free agent draft. Now I realize he deserved to be taken much sooner.

I unfortunately didn't get to watch the game last night, but I read that his first drive INT was a result of Michael Crabtree slipping during his route? So than he actually could have had an even bigger day. He could have no doubt capped it off by running that last TD in himself too if they hadn't opted to hand off to Anthony Dixon on 3rd down. People in my dynasty league couldn't believe it this year when I took a backup QB in round 7 (out of 10) of our rookie/free agent draft. Now I realize he deserved to be taken much sooner.
Crabtree was hist first read and slipped forcing him to have to go to his third option and it was a terrible throw. But that was obviously his only blip. If delanie walker could actually catch the ball he wouldve had a mich better game

Was Steve Young as big or powerful as Kaepernick? When he gets too old to do as much with his legs, he will do more with his experienced Harbaugh-learned mind and big arm (which he will still have).

'Two Deep said:
he appears smart enough to slide when needed.
This is why I don't think comparing him to Vick or RG3 is completely apples-apples. Kaepernick has been taking yards when available, but isn't trying to shrug tackles.I'm a little bit concerned just because of how fast the game plays out; a running qb has only split-seconds to decide when to slide, but only a little bit.
This is a good point. Kaepernick isn't a guy with unbelievable lateral quickness like RG3 or Vick. He's elusive enough, but I think he's more of a straight line runner. Hopefully that keeps him out of situations where his knees are extra vulnerable. He also generally runs out of bounds at the end of runs instead of trying to be a hero and truck the defender near him. That said, he took a nasty sandwich hit on that play where he ended up getting flagged for taunting last night.

'gandalas said:
'Shawnky said:
I remember grading up in my fantasy draft to take this guy before Cam. I was laughed at by many even though I had Brees.
um, he had a good game and all, but still a bad move taking him before Cam, at least 2 years into their respective careers.
Yeah, that's like your opinion and far from fact. Keep trying.

'tietzjd said:
From MN Fan perspective

Colin Kaepernick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Joe Web
Are you sure???

Packers' GM Thompson on Kaepernick

Rave reviews still are flooding in for The Colin Kaepernick Show.

The San Francisco 49ers quarterback played at an outrageous level in Saturday night's 45-31 divisional-playoff victory, leaving Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson in a state of awe.

"That was unbelievable," Thompson told Yahoo! Sports. "He did everything. I mean, I had read the press clippings and seen some of the highlights. But to watch what he did ... oh my, that was special."

Kaepernick's 181 rushing yards set an NFL playoff record for quarterbacks, while his 263 passing yards left Green Bay searching for answers. It was a fascinating performance that validated 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh's midseason quarterback switch. That once-controversial decision has helped turned San Francisco's offense into a physical, diverse beast.

Said Packers defensive tackle B.J. Raji: "You have to tip your hat sometimes when a guy like that at the quarterback position is consistently out running and flanking your defense and making huge plays."

The Packers had no answers for what the 49ers threw their way. Kaepernick rolled in like a whirlwind. Green Bay has a full offseason to ponder the wreckage.

'morris4903 said:
'meyerj31 said:
Great game by Kaep. Too bad he's the flavor-of-the-month running QB, though.In a few years when he's knocked out of the NFL because of concussions or an ACL tear, Rodgers will still be trucking.I've seen plenty of young running QBs, but no old running QBs. We'll see how he does later in his career. My guess it will be short one. He'll be incredibly lucky to make it half as far as Steve Young (who was also a good running QB, for those that remember... see how his career ended (concussions)).
Because Rodgers hasn't had any concussion problems and is not a scrambling QB.
I'm almost positive that Rodgers has suffered at least one concussion in the NFL.

'gandalas said:
'Shawnky said:
I remember grading up in my fantasy draft to take this guy before Cam. I was laughed at by many even though I had Brees.
um, he had a good game and all, but still a bad move taking him before Cam, at least 2 years into their respective careers.
No, it is a fact that Cam has been worth more than Kaepernick the past two years.

'shadyridr said:
I still think Smith is a damn good QB. :shrug:I didn't complain when the switch to Kaepernick was made. I assumed Harbaugh knows his football team better than I do. But there's no shame in losing your job to Kaepernick. The kid is obviously pretty special. I think Smith will move on and be successful. If he has a decent supporting cast, he'll be just fine.

'shadyridr said:
I still think Smith is a damn good QB. :shrug:I didn't complain when the switch to Kaepernick was made. I assumed Harbaugh knows his football team better than I do. But there's no shame in losing your job to Kaepernick. The kid is obviously pretty special. I think Smith will move on and be successful. If he has a decent supporting cast, he'll be just fine.
Smith is just a short drive away to Oakland!

'shadyridr said:
We are interviewing Mike Martz for the OC position. If that happens, I'll stick with Palmer.If not, I'd love to have Alex to at least compete.

'shadyridr said:
We are interviewing Mike Martz for the OC position. If that happens, I'll stick with Palmer.If not, I'd love to have Alex to at least compete.
Yeah, I dunno if Smith would want to have another camp battle with Martz there.

'tjnc09 said:
'Jed said:
'tjnc09 said:
'drummer said:
'sho nuff said:
'shadyridr said:
Not sure how many there were...but there was that one guy all week going off on the decision.
Again, it was butcher boy and his junk stats, thehornet and his milk and cookies, tjnc09 and his ZOMG ALEX VS. BILLS, then hoya. I got 'em all lined up in a row like guppies :shark:
:shrug: You guys can keep this thread to yourselves. The fascination with him is really creepy.Congrats, he had a very nice game aside from his INT against a team that gave up almost 500 yards to Minnesota two weeks ago on the road. It was like CK shredded the '85 Bears out there.
Is admitting you are wrong really that difficult?"I.... was..... wrong" Say it with me.
He played great. They still are no further than they were last year. If he leads the team to a SB this year, I will admit I'm wrong.
Dude. You were wrong, I was wrong. I said about a month ago I'd gladly eat crow if I was wrong about Kaep's play in the playoffs. Crow never tasted so good. I'm as excited as ever for this team. Would Smith have won that game? I think the answer at this point is "who cares?"

'gandalas said:
'Shawnky said:
No, it is a fact that Cam has been worth more than Kaepernick the past two years.
Has been meaning past tense. As I said, I had Brees so I didn't need someone right away. I'll still take Kaep over Cam in any format. That's fact.

'tjnc09 said:
'Jed said:
'tjnc09 said:
'drummer said:
'sho nuff said:
'shadyridr said:
Dude. You were wrong, I was wrong. I said about a month ago I'd gladly eat crow if I was wrong about Kaep's play in the playoffs. Crow never tasted so good. I'm as excited as ever for this team. Would Smith have won that game? I think the answer at this point is "who cares?"
CK is still a young QB going on the road next week. He was undefeated at home this year, but was only 2-2 on the road. He looked lost at Seattle. He made some key mistakes at STL that cost them the game. I will admit I was wrong if they win next week. They haven't won anything in my opinion yet. How were these threads last year after the Saints victory? Then what did they look like after the Giants loss?

'tjnc09 said:
'Jed said:
'tjnc09 said:
'drummer said:
'sho nuff said:
'shadyridr said:
CK is still a young QB going on the road next week. He was undefeated at home this year, but was only 2-2 on the road. He looked lost at Seattle. He made some key mistakes at STL that cost them the game. I will admit I was wrong if they win next week. They haven't won anything in my opinion yet. How were these threads last year after the Saints victory? Then what did they look like after the Giants loss?
You don't have to admit you're wrong. We know it already with posts like this. What you should do is walk away.

'tjnc09 said:
'Jed said:
'tjnc09 said:
'drummer said:
'sho nuff said:
'shadyridr said:
Wow youre embarrassing yourself

'tjnc09 said:
'Jed said:
'tjnc09 said:
'drummer said:
'sho nuff said:
'shadyridr said:
Being wrong has no shame.

'tjnc09 said:
'Jed said:
'tjnc09 said:
'drummer said:
'sho nuff said:
'shadyridr said:
Sorry I don't want to spend more time arguing this. It seems to be all you and drummer think about. I have more important things to do.

True that. My father taught me when I was young, "When you're in a hole - stop digging."I don't think Smith would have won this game, but like Butcher Boy, I really don't care anymore. Barring injury, Kaep is the future for the 49ers, even if he tanks next week against Atlanta.

True that. My father taught me when I was young, "When you're in a hole - stop digging."I don't think Smith would have won this game, but like Butcher Boy, I really don't care anymore.

Barring injury, Kaep is the future for the 49ers, even if he tanks next week against Atlanta.
Since the 2005 draft, Smith and Nate Davis were the only QBs drafted by the 49ers before Kaep. Davis was drafted in the 5th round at 171 and had a learning disability. The FA QB's were mostly scrubs since 2005 and post Garcia. Heck during the Garcia days the 49ers had a trio of Garcia, Steve Stenstrom, and Rick Mirer. The 49ers finally are taking the QB position seriously. Drafting Nate Davis in 2009 4 drafts after Smith isn't taking that position seriously. The ownership is finally getting out of the way of the HC when it comes to decisions like this. The previous regimes before Harbaugh didn't know about QBs, and tried to shoehorn Smith in all kinds of different situations with no real talent for him to compete with. It was Alex Smith or bust, but not anymore. Harbaugh has been trying to find QBs and still will try to keep finding another. That's what 49er fans should be excited about.

Back to Kaep: I've been reading how Roman said the previous two games didn't show much pistol because they didn't want other teams to see what they had up their sleeve with Kaep. They rolled out the pistol just a little less than 50% last night, and they executed it with aplomb. Kaep after his first pick looked a little rattled, but the 49ers still let him throw the ball. Once Kaep got settled, he just went off and exploded. Now the offense has those extra pages added in, and that can only happen with Kaep as of now. It's not whether of they would had won or not with Smith, it's what they have planned as far as offense, and in that article I posted a few pages back, Roman has had this in his diabolical game plan for a while. Kaep has just been great at adapting the NFL and the offense this fast.

If CK wins the SB this year, I will have no problem coming back here to admit I was wrong.
I think you're being too generous. Even if Kaepernick wins the Super Bowl this year, that doesn't mean he's not overrated, and it certainly doesn't mean he's better than Alex Smith. Anyone can win a Super Bowl one time: look at Trent Dilfer. I'd wait until Kaepernick wins three consecutive Super Bowls, at least, before admitting you were wrong.

If CK wins the SB this year, I will have no problem coming back here to admit I was wrong.
I think you're being too generous. Even if Kaepernick wins the Super Bowl this year, that doesn't mean he's not overrated, and it certainly doesn't mean he's better than Alex Smith. Anyone can win a Super Bowl one time: look at Trent Dilfer. I'd wait until Kaepernick wins three consecutive Super Bowls, at least, before admitting you were wrong.
:goodposting:

I'm really not that flattered that people keep replying to my posts.CK has exceeded my expecations. He looked like a video game character against GB. Do I think Smith would have won that game? Sure, have no reason to think he wouldn't.I don't care who the QB is as long as they continue to win. I've been spoiled as a 49ers/Giants fan so winning a divisional playoff games mean nothing to me anymore. I want nothing more than CK to gain 400 yards of offense again in a 38-10 rout of Atlanta. But if CK goes into Atlanta and turns the ball over four times, why would I admit I'm wrong?

I'm really not that flattered that people keep replying to my posts.CK has exceeded my expecations. He looked like a video game character against GB. Do I think Smith would have won that game? Sure, have no reason to think he wouldn't.I don't care who the QB is as long as they continue to win. I've been spoiled as a 49ers/Giants fan so winning a divisional playoff games mean nothing to me anymore. I want nothing more than CK to gain 400 yards of offense again in a 38-10 rout of Atlanta. But if CK goes into Atlanta and turns the ball over four times, why would I admit I'm wrong?
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Someone has been battered on SF Gate's 49er blog comment section.

lol, do you have an alert on your phone when I post? You should try waiting a few minutes so it appears like you have better things to do than stalk an internet forum message board.

lol, do you have an alert on your phone when I post?

You should try waiting a few minutes so it appears like you have better things to do than stalk an internet forum message board.
Hey look fellow Shark Pool guys! A guy who posts on an Internet football message board who thinks it's all about him!.

A 49ers/Giants fan? Seriously?
San Francisco. #### the football team.
Oh good. Never mind. Couldn't fathom rooting for two NFC teams. Or two teams at all.
Good thing to know you're not JT the Brick.
I looked him up, and I'm still shuked.
JT the Brick was and is a NY Football Giants fan who gravy trained the Raiders and became one of Al Davis' lapdogs in order to get a job with them. So he roots for two football teams.

Users who are viewing this thread