Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news

On 9/23/2020 at 9:52 PM, squistion said:

Colin Kaepernick @Kaepernick7 2h

The white supremacist institution of policing that stole Breonna Taylor’s life from us must be abolished for the safety and well being of our people.

#BreonnaTaylor #SayHerName #AbolishThePolice

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/1308908426349678592

You really need to watch the documentary Social Dilemma. Actually thought of you while watching it.

Edited by Da Guru
  • Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

John Chavez‏ @jchavezfbnm 4h4 hours ago Replying to @realDonaldTrump "Thinking NFL players are 'protesting the flag' is like thinking Rosa Parks was protesting public transportation."

says the guy who is on an internet politics forum while the game is on saying he doesnt want to be bothered by political stuff during the game take that to the bank bromigos 

Hmmm...if you wade into an issue by telling people who are kneeling because of a racial issue to stop kneeling, you by definition are dealing with race whether you mention race or not.  This isn't har

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Was it served?  Those two white men weren't arrested for starting this it seems.  The officer has no time served after pleading guilty to "simple battery". 

It's a step in the right direction, but not sure justice was served.

1 hour ago, gianmarco said:

Was it served?  Those two white men weren't arrested for starting this it seems.  The officer has no time served after pleading guilty to "simple battery". 

It's a step in the right direction, but not sure justice was served.

Honestly... they didn't get off completely and go right back on the job. That's the closest thing you can get to "justice" in these cases nowadays.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, The Frankman said:

Honestly... they didn't get off completely and go right back on the job. That's the closest thing you can get to "justice" in these cases nowadays.

I agree.  And I'll certainly take it.  As I said, it's a step in the right direction.  In fact, from the officer's standpoint, I think it's about as good as we can expect.  I'm more disappointed in the fact that they never followed up on the two individuals that brought all of this on.  But for their actions, none of this happens. 

I wonder who Kap blames for 99.5% of the black people who are killed every year that are NOT killed by police ?

what institution is that please Kap ... tell us, make us aware .... 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

I wonder who Kap blames for 99.5% of the black people who are killed every year that are NOT killed by police ?

what institution is that please Kap ... tell us, make us aware .... 

I would imagine it is the same institution that is responsible for 99.5% of white people who are killed every year that are NOT killed by police.

• 4 months later...
27 minutes ago, squistion said:

The impact of Kaepernick's kneeling still reverberating in 2021.

NBC News @NBCNews 49m

The Dallas Mavericks have stopped playing the national anthem before home games at the direction of owner Mark Cuban, a Mavericks spokeswoman say.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1359536125585588231

I like it!  :thumbup:     

The NA should only be played for a huge game like the Superbowl or in the Olympics.  No need to play it every single game.  Funny thing is they did not play it at X games or all their homes games and nobody noticed until a couple days ago.

Edited by Da Guru
  • Like 2
31 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Funny thing is they did not play it at X games or all their homes games and nobody noticed until a couple days ago.

I think the reason that nobody noticed is because there were no fans in the arena. Monday's game was the first one with a limited number of fans in attendance, and that's when the story broke.

20 minutes ago, Sea Duck said:

I think the reason that nobody noticed is because there were no fans in the arena. Monday's game was the first one with a limited number of fans in attendance, and that's when the story broke.

Maybe but they still had media there.   If I were at a game I probably would not notice, just tip the ball or drop the puck and play.

Other than the Super Bowl nobody talks about nor will they miss it. Cuban probably did not want to deal with the BS and distractions anymore.

Edited by Da Guru
2 hours ago, squistion said:

NBC News @NBCNews 49m

The Dallas Mavericks have stopped playing the national anthem before home games at the direction of owner Mark Cuban, a Mavericks spokeswoman say.

Congratulations. You've begun process of destroying BLM's largest and most cost-effective messaging platform.

Exactly how does that help your cause?

2 minutes ago, Stoneworker said:

Congratulations. You've begun process of destroying BLM's largest and most cost-effective messaging platform.

:mellow:  

I have no idea what you are referring to. 

• Laughing 1
2 minutes ago, squistion said:
10 minutes ago, Stoneworker said:

:mellow:  

I have no idea what you are referring to. 

He thinks Mark Cuban is part of BLM?

25 minutes ago, Sea Duck said:

BTW, the NBA just changed their position and will now require the Mavericks to play the anthem at all games.

Yeah, that didn't last long. :kicksrock:

Sports Illustrated @SInow 11m

After the NBA announced it would require all teams to play the national anthem, Mark Cuban said the Mavericks will resume playing it tonight

30 minutes ago, squistion said:

Yeah, that didn't last long. :kicksrock:

Sports Illustrated @SInow 11m

After the NBA announced it would require all teams to play the national anthem, Mark Cuban said the Mavericks will resume playing it tonight

This is stupid. Playing the anthem before games is a bit stupid, compelling owners to do it is extra stupid. Cuban comes out a winner here. The players will sympathize with his position, not the league's.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, squistion said:

NBC News @NBCNews 49m

What we wanted: criminal justice reform and a demilitarization of the police

What we got: more controversy at sports events

• Like 3
6 hours ago, squistion said:

NBC News @NBCNews 49m

On ESPN they said that it was because there are 108 foreign born players in the NBA this season from many different countries and that Cuban felt it did not represent all of those players.  Had nothing to do with CK or kneeling.  So there is no reverb.

Edited by Summer Wheat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

On ESPN they said that it was because there are 108 foreign born players in the NBA this season from many different countries and that Cuban felt it did not represent all of those players.  Had nothing to do with CK or kneeling.  So there is no reverb.

If Kaep had not started and then continued the kneeling protests, Cuban's actions today never would have happened. 

• Laughing 2
24 minutes ago, squistion said:

If Kaep had not started and then continued the kneeling protests, Cuban's actions today never would have happened. 

Since you're into sources, I'll take one of those links that ties Cuban's decision to CK.  Thank

8 hours ago, squistion said:

NBC News @NBCNews 49m

Wait, I was told over and over that Kaepernick was pro America and was just protesting for a cause he believed in.

Why would he have wanted the platform to protest for that cause removed?

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Well we have no idea other than what Cuban said about all the players from all over the world.

Whats has happened now though is that nobody or very few people even care or are upset if anyone kneels, sits or stands, does not come out or whatever.

Kneeling still has a meaning to those who kneel but it is no longer looked at as defiance. When everyone kneels or has knelt, when everyone is used to seeing it the act in itself has lost the power it held.  It is normalized.  Nobody in the media cares much about it or talks about anymore. It is not a hot story anymore.