Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news

1 minute ago, squistion said:

https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/14/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-apologizes-colin-kaepernick/index.html

Ruth Bader Ginsburg apologizes to Colin Kaepernick after criticizing anthem protest

Washington (CNN)Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said on Friday she was "inappropriately dismissive and harsh" in a recent interview when she said she thought it was "really dumb" for San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and others to refuse to stand for the national anthem.

In a statement released by the court's public information officer, Ginsburg said she had been "barely aware of the incident or its purpose" and that she should have "declined to respond" when asked the question by Yahoo's Katie Couric.

"Some of you have inquired about a book interview in which I was asked how I felt about Colin Kaepernick and other NFL players who refused to stand for the national anthem," Ginsburg said. "Barely aware of the incident or its purpose, my comments were inappropriately dismissive and harsh. I should have declined to respond."

Of course. You have to apologize for anything these days.  Backtracking to "I should have declined to respond" clearly shows that.

• Like 2
  • Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

says the guy who is on an internet politics forum while the game is on saying he doesnt want to be bothered by political stuff during the game take that to the bank bromigos 

John Chavez‏ @jchavezfbnm 4h4 hours ago Replying to @realDonaldTrump "Thinking NFL players are 'protesting the flag' is like thinking Rosa Parks was protesting public transportation."

I'm quoting you here, but I am not really directing this at you, since I believe you have no ability to take yourself out of your shoes. But for a second, try to imagine being a black person who has g

21 minutes ago, squistion said:

Colin Kaepernick @Kaepernick7 2h

The white supremacist institution of policing that stole Breonna Taylor’s life from us must be abolished for the safety and well being of our people.

#BreonnaTaylor #SayHerName #AbolishThePolice

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/1308908426349678592

"The white supremacist institution of policing"

What in the world?

• Like 2
On 9/23/2020 at 9:52 PM, squistion said:

The white supremacist institution of policing that stole Breonna Taylor’s life from us must be abolished for the safety and well being of our people.

Wait, I thought defund the police didn't mean actually get rid of the police.  Are people now going to try to change the meaning of the word abolish also?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 9/23/2020 at 9:52 PM, squistion said:

You really need to watch the documentary Social Dilemma. Actually thought of you while watching it.

Edited by Da Guru
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Was it served?  Those two white men weren't arrested for starting this it seems.  The officer has no time served after pleading guilty to "simple battery". 

It's a step in the right direction, but not sure justice was served.

1 hour ago, gianmarco said:

Was it served?  Those two white men weren't arrested for starting this it seems.  The officer has no time served after pleading guilty to "simple battery". 

It's a step in the right direction, but not sure justice was served.

Honestly... they didn't get off completely and go right back on the job. That's the closest thing you can get to "justice" in these cases nowadays.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, The Frankman said:

Honestly... they didn't get off completely and go right back on the job. That's the closest thing you can get to "justice" in these cases nowadays.

I agree.  And I'll certainly take it.  As I said, it's a step in the right direction.  In fact, from the officer's standpoint, I think it's about as good as we can expect.  I'm more disappointed in the fact that they never followed up on the two individuals that brought all of this on.  But for their actions, none of this happens. 

I wonder who Kap blames for 99.5% of the black people who are killed every year that are NOT killed by police ?

what institution is that please Kap ... tell us, make us aware .... 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

I wonder who Kap blames for 99.5% of the black people who are killed every year that are NOT killed by police ?

what institution is that please Kap ... tell us, make us aware .... 

I would imagine it is the same institution that is responsible for 99.5% of white people who are killed every year that are NOT killed by police.