What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB James Conner, ARZ (4 Viewers)

I’m left with Connor , Mack and Damien Williams in a league where I’m fighting for a playoff spot

Im so screwed lol

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said he "doesn't know the availability" of James Conner (shoulder) for Week 12 against the Bengals.

Conner's status is officially "up in the air" after he re-aggravated his shoulder injury in Thursday's loss to Cleveland. Benny Snell (knee) could make his return to Pittsburgh's backfield rotation by kick-off, but this is clearly Jaylen Samuels' leading role if Conner isn't cleared for Sunday's contest. Fantasy players should prep a backup plan if Conner doesn't participate in Friday's practice.

SOURCE: Gerry Dulac on Twitter

Nov 19, 2019, 12:21 PM ET

I really really really really really need him to play this week, and just get like 10 in ppr
I got lucky in my draft.  Got Conner but drafted Carson and henry.  Some noob dropped Mixon too and I was able to get him we can play 3 rbs.

I would start Conner if I had to, but man no confidence at all

As a Conner/Samuels owner I probably fall into the trap and start him if he says he can go, so my hope is that he sits and I uncomfortable start Samuels.

I got lucky in my draft.  Got Conner but drafted Carson and henry.  Some noob dropped Mixon too and I was able to get him we can play 3 rbs.

I would start Conner if I had to, but man no confidence at all
In one of my leagues I’m left with Connor, Mack and Damien Williams at RB

😂

Conner didn't practice again today.  I think the most likely scenario is that they'll keep him out this week against the Bengals and then bring him back for Week 13 against the Browns.  They don't need him against the Bengals but they want to win that game against the Browns badly.

whole-show said:
Snell practiced in full

SoBeDad said:
Thanks. Time to pick him up, but who to drop, that's the question. I'm tempted to drop Connor.
I have to add someone for Connor

Will Snell be getting many touches? What about Edmunds, will he also be active?

I'm worried this could last until week 17. And if he plays, he might get hurt again.  
Yes it could last to week 17.  But I’ll say this.

With the Steelers in the middle of a wild card race with generally poor offensive options IMO they are motivated to get him on the field vs shutting him down. 

Full disclosure: Steeelers homer here

Last edited by a moderator:
It made zero sense last week, and after getting banged up in that game - makes no sense to play him this week...Let him come back week 14. 

Adam Schefter Retweeted

Jeremy Fowler‏Verified account @JFowlerESPN 33m33 minutes ago

Doesn’t sound promising for CLE game RT @ThePoniExpress: James Conner on @937theFan on injury status: “I need to be smart. If I’m not, then surgery will need to be done. I had a minor setback vs. Cleveland. It’s killing me not being out there. The ligaments need to get stronger.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone dropped drake in my ppr....drake or snell? Got conner
Oof. That's tough. I feel as though Drake has a better shot at putting up numbers as he seems like the favorite in that backfield right now. If you need a guy this week probably Snell to see how things shake out in Arizona. Longterm, probably Drake, although we don't know how that backfield will work out.

need2know said:
Someone dropped drake in my ppr....drake or snell? Got conner
Drake

I don't trust Pittsburgh's offense at this point, nor do I trust the coaching staff to stick with Snell.  I agree with Godsbrother that Conner likely won't play this week, but I am not convinced Snell is the guy.  I think you could just as easily see more Samuels and Whyte. 

Drake

I don't trust Pittsburgh's offense at this point, nor do I trust the coaching staff to stick with Snell.  I agree with Godsbrother that Conner likely won't play this week, but I am not convinced Snell is the guy.  I think you could just as easily see more Samuels and Whyte. 
Tomlin said today that much of the substitution of Snell was due to the fact that he was coming off an injury and they didn't know how much they could expect to get out of him.  Assuming Conner doesn't play (a pretty safe assumption) I think Snell will get the bulk of the carries against the Browns.   That said, I agree with Brewer that it is hard to trust the Steelers offense at this point.   

I am sure the game plan going in is to try to limit the number of pass attempts by Duck so they will run the ball but how effective they will be is anyone's guess. 

Drake

Chase Edmonds is supposedly back this week.  We haven't seen the Cardinals with both a healthy Edmonds and Drake, I think I would lean Snell if Conner is out.

So we're pretty certain that Samuels isn't the clear backup that most Conner owners thought he was going to be, right? He's been below average in both rushing and receiving. Terrible actually.

IMO, but for the blip that was the Colts game he's pretty much a limited pass catching back at best. He seems to be a TD dependent play who doesn't get regular goal line chances.

I think he's entirely droppable in both redraft and dynasty and, in redraft Snell is the clear backup to Conner.

So we're pretty certain that Samuels isn't the clear backup that most Conner owners thought he was going to be, right? He's been below average in both rushing and receiving. Terrible actually.

IMO, but for the blip that was the Colts game he's pretty much a limited pass catching back at best. He seems to be a TD dependent play who doesn't get regular goal line chances.

I think he's entirely droppable in both redraft and dynasty and, in redraft Snell is the clear backup to Conner.
Anybody’s guess but if you are still holding on to samuels in redraft you are the sucker. I just dropped him in dyno for that guy who’s name I can’t remember that is the backup to CMC

Anybody’s guess but if you are still holding on to samuels in redraft you are the sucker. I just dropped him in dyno for that guy who’s name I can’t remember that is the backup to CMC
Samuels was my number one handcuff going into the year. He has not been impressive. Traded him to the Conner owner for an IDP and then picked up Snell.

Started Samuels last week! 

Dropped him this week and starting Snell in a do or die matchup. 

Which means Samuels will get 30+ touches and 3 TDs.

If he had been practicing in full all week I would probably start him but I got burned starting him vs Cle last time when he had limited designations in practice.

Agree with @need2know that we should probably wait until he makes it through a full game before starting him with confidence.  

HOWEVER the desperate among us probably can't afford to miss out on that full game because the Pitt RB position is one of the most high volume in the league. He was a top 6 RB in my league before the shoulder and if you are in a must win situation I don't think you can leave him on the bench if he practiced in full tomorrow.

I'm one of the ones that would roll dice and go. Otherwise it's the ever-trending downward Royce Freeman, Duke Johnson, and Carlos Hyde to go with Dalvin to get into the playoffs.  

I'm one of the ones that would roll dice and go. Otherwise it's the ever-trending downward Royce Freeman, Duke Johnson, and Carlos Hyde to go with Dalvin to get into the playoffs.  
I have Snell and Conner and was hopeful to start Snell this week because my RB2 position is incredibly thin.

Was almost hopeful Conner would sit so u could know I’m getting touches with Snell.

But if Conner is playing I’m probably starting him.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said James Conner (shoulder) is questionable for Week 14 against the Cardinals.

He also said Conner has a "better chance" to practice Wednesday than JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee). Benny Snell has handled 65 percent of Pittsburgh's carries in his last two games without Conner but has seen just two targets in that stint since Jaylen Samuels, Trey Edmunds, and Kerrith Whyte has also been involved. Samuels has actually run 30 routes to Snell's 7 in that stretch. Whatever the case, the fourth-round plodder will rank as a usage-based RB3 with a touchdown-or-bust label against the Cardinals if Conner's sidelined.

SOURCE: Dale Lolley on Twitter

Dec 3, 2019, 12:10 PM ET

James Conner (shoulder) remained limited for Wednesday's practice.

It's an encouraging sign for his availability against the Cardinals since he's eyeing a full week of practice. Third-round rookie Benny Snell has been featured on 65 percent of Pittsburgh's carries without Conner the past two weeks, but that role would obviously diminish if the latter's cleared. Jaylen Samuels projects to stick in the same receiving-game role since he quietly ran 30 routes to Snell's 7 in their past two contests together.

SOURCE: Brooke Pryor on Twitter

Dec 4, 2019, 3:55 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread