Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty Watch 2017 Rookie & Former Pitt RB James Conner

2 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

FWIW I've noticed these past few weeks that FBGs is reacting slower in terms of real time news and updating rankings. Don't know if its Dodds checking out already and not updating his forecasts as frequently or general malaise as the season wears on or simply general cadence of updates not keeping up to news, but they still have McKissik as a top 15 option this week as Gibson practices (though limited) and Snell as a top 20 option.

And you can't count on Tremblay updating for a couple days or more. They really can use timely updates in our current finger tip info age. I learn more right here on this forum. Just a friendly suggestion. Gotta be up to date as quickly as possible. Hard to trust Connor unless I hear any positive signs. 

Edit: Connor is healthy and Dodds still Connor at 0.00. Bloom put him on the board but lower ranked. 

I can't start him unless I took another hit somewhere.

Edited by Team Smokin'
  • Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then let’s go with the “something else” premise. Dude is a cancer survivor. Wuss doesn’t belong anywhere near his name, 

If you watched the game, it was pretty clear that he wanted back in. Tomlin apparently decided Snell was doing well enough that there was no reason to play an injured running back.  Pretty weird claim

Probably wouldn't have passed the physical.

I got more of a keeper/dynasty league (keep 10 players PPR) and not sure I now want to waste a Keeper spot on Connor. I've loved Connor since college really inspiring story but the last year or so he's barely been top 10. 

At this point my Keepers are 

QB: Rodgers and Herbert (Keeping both at this point. 

RB Cook keep, Connor unsure, Justin Jackson, Bennie Snell, Pollard (Pollard/Snell I've picked up in the last 3 weeks or so)

WR; Keeping K Allen/Hill/OBJ, still have Sheppard, Landry JuJu

TE Keeping Tonyan at this point letting Ertz go (Which I'm really upset about Ertz wise think depending where he goes team wise will Target Kyle Pitts)

Ravens D 

K Crosby

Out f this I'm keeping

1. Rodgers

2. Herbert

3. Cook

4. Hill

5. Allen

6 OBJ

7. Tonyan 

8. Juju

9. SHeppard

Not really sure if Connor is keeper worthy but might just keep him given my other RB Options 

Nick Farabaugh

@FarabaughFB

Tomlin comes out here saying Snell has not only merited more playing time, but will get more playing time. I guess we’ll see how that snap count is between Snell and Conner, but it sounds like Snell is going to get more carries and more snaps today against the Colts.

Quote Tweet

Bob Labriola

@BobLabriola

· 3h

#Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin: 'I don't know if you're expecting a parting of the Red Sea … but usually (player meetings) provide an atmosphere where sincere thoughts and feelings get an opportunity to be expressed, and that's never a negative thing' https://bit.ly/3mNPcDH

James Conner rushed nine times for 37 yards in the Steelers' Week 17 loss to the Browns, adding five receptions for 25 additional yards. 

The Steelers rested a few key starters, but Conner's 14 touches were his most since before Thanksgiving. The Steelers seemed to want to get their nominal "lead back" going headed into the postseason after an extremely disappointing regular campaign. Rematching with the Browns' pass-funnel defense in the Wild Card Round, Conner won't be a high-upside DFS option with Ben Roethlisberger back under center. 

- Rotoworld

James Conner rushed 11 times for 37 yards and one score, hauling in all five of his targets for 30 yards in Pittsburgh's Wild Card loss to Cleveland.

Conner's health coming into the year was a major question mark that reduced his ADP after he appeared in only 10 injury-riddled games in 2019, but he proved the naysayers wrong with 204 touches and his most carries (169) since 2018. Conner missed one game this year due to injury, only sitting out in Weeks 12 and 13 after he tested positive for COVID-19. He also out-touched Benny Snell 220-74 in the 14 games the two played together, their Wild Card loss included. The front office hasn't had a resounding response when asked about bringing Conner back in 2021, which could result in him landing in a committee elsewhere on the open market. His fantasy outlook is entirely dependent on his next destination.

Jan 11, 2021, 1:37 AM ET

• 1 month later...

ESPN's Brooke Pryor reports the Steelers are "unlikely" to re-sign James Conner. 

With the team (probably) letting Pittsburgh favorite Conner walk about four seasons, Pryor said the team could fill their RB1 spot with an early-round pick in this spring's NFL Draft. Conner, who will be 26 in May, should have multiple suitors this offseason. Probably he won't be anyone's idea of a locked-in No. 1 running back though. Taking a back in the first round would be a departure from how the team usually conducts its drafts. The Steelers have used their past seven first-round picks on defensive players, including five linebackers. 

SOURCE: ESPN.com 

Mar 2, 2021, 11:44 AM ET

• 2 weeks later...

The Miami Herald confirms impending free agent James Conner is "on Miami's radar."

The Dolphins are one of the frontrunners to sign Aaron Jones. They've also been connected to Conner, who may be their fallback option if they miss out on Jones. Conner has struggled with injuries the last two years but has been effective when healthy, posting a career 4.3 YPC and 22 touchdowns in four seasons. The 25-year-old would get a chance to start in Miami. 

RELATED: 

Miami Dolphins

SOURCE: Miami Herald

Mar 13, 2021, 11:43 AM ET

1 hour ago, Faust said:

The Miami Herald confirms impending free agent James Conner is "on Miami's radar."

......and they would be stupid to do that.  Better off drafting a RB if they can’t get Jones.  Probably do both.

Edited by JohnnyU