What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB James Conner, ARZ (6 Viewers)

He said he can only keep Metcalf and Jacobs for one year. So he is pushing his chips in for this year.
Yeah, sorry if my post was confusing. After this season, Jacobs and Metcalf go back in the player pool, whereas he can keep Conner and Jeudy if he wants. Sorry for the thread hijack. Just wanted to float some idea of Conner’s value at the moment. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, sorry if my post was confusing. After this season, Jacobs and Metcalf go back in the player pool, whereas he can keep Conner and Jeudy if he wants. Sorry for the thread hijack. Just wanted to float some idea of Conner’s value at the moment. 
All good - I’m up at 4 on market days and not always at my sharpest. 

i think you gave yourself a great shot at a 🏆 this year with that deal. 

I own my lawn - well not really a lawn here in AZ more like "get off my rocks".  😀
Yeah, I guess to be technical the bank owns a % of my collection of fruit trees, dirt, weeds and dog poop, but I didn’t think we were being that detailed. 

I hope to one day own my weeds and dog poop. The American Dream.

:wub:  

So I know this is frowned upon, but I actually have a team where my top 4 WRs are all out (Thomas, Godwin, Golladay, and AJB) and I really don't want to start 0-2 in the division. I have to decide on starting either Conner, AP, or Ruggs on MNF (and while reports are he got a limited practice its not for sure he's playing)....what the hell do I do here? Anyone confident Conner can produce if he's splitting time today??? 

So I know this is frowned upon, but I actually have a team where my top 4 WRs are all out (Thomas, Godwin, Golladay, and AJB) and I really don't want to start 0-2 in the division. I have to decide on starting either Conner, AP, or Ruggs on MNF (and while reports are he got a limited practice its not for sure he's playing)....what the hell do I do here? Anyone confident Conner can produce if he's splitting time today??? 
Yeah I don't even know. I did see that Swift got far fewer touches than I originally thought last week. AP might not be a bad play. I don't think I could wait for a gimpy rookie Ruggs on Monday. 

This has to be the ####tiest situation I’ve seen in quite some time.

I guess I would put in Conner. He does have upside and will probably get half the carries and some catches on third downs. 

AP might be victim of game script. I would worry GB gets up early and takes him out of the game. 

I wouldn’t gamble on Ruggs since I’ve been burned in the past on gimpy players on Monday nights. 

NFL Network reporting Conner and Snell will split the workload. This will be a mess.
Tomlin did say he wanted to use Snell as a 1a.

sometimes coaches tell the truth. 

the scary part is if one of them looks significantly better than the other he might go “hot hand” since he’s not committing to either. 

I am wondering if it makes any kind of sense to start one of Conner or Snell at fantasy RB2, and the other at the flex. Probably not ... but it seems that would lock in a certain "floor" of stats from the two positions.
Staring this in the face right now. With WR injuries (Golladay, N. Harry, D. Samuel), my only other flex options are Joshua Kelley, Paris Campbell, or Latavius Murray :yucky: .

Staring this in the face right now. With WR injuries (Golladay, N. Harry, D. Samuel), my only other flex options are Joshua Kelley, Paris Campbell, or Latavius Murray :yucky: .
I really like Campbell today with Doyle out and Pittman banged up. Vikings pass D is soft like Twinkie filling :shrug:

I expect Conner to try like hell today and screw his fantasy owners later.....as usual.  Not saying he will be successful today, just saying he will try like hell.
That is what I was thinking. Probably he will give it his best to earn his job. It is great for Pittsburgh to have two or more good backs. Probably since he will be on my bench in the one league I have him he will go off for multiple tds to screw me over. 

As a Conner owner I am hoping all this share tal is to motivate Conner.  I still think he is the better back but I admit concern with what I saw in Snell last week.  Put up or shut up time.

'

This has to be the ####tiest situation I’ve seen in quite some time.

I guess I would put in Conner. He does have upside and will probably get half the carries and some catches on third downs. 
I've been wavering all morning ... but in the end, I'm going to trot out Conner over Snell, and let Paris Campbell man the flex.

I don't know the details besides Von Miller's injury, but one of CBS's prognosticators is talking about how depleted overall Denver's defense is right now. Combining this info with what JohnnyU wrote above, which I found convicing: that Conner knows he's got to make a statement today and grab onto the lead back role with both hands (if he can). And so far, as another data point, Conner has shown to be more effective in the passing game than Snell -- thus more opportunities for touches.

At the moment, it doesn't look for sure that Snell is in a position to dictate his own narrative. What I mean by that is that Snell is kind of depending on Conner to underperform, and then for Tomlin to make the switch. Not that Snell won't get carries mixed in -- the question is more "Will Snell get enough work over Conner to be startable in FF?" I'm not in best-ball, so I have to make a call -- Conner over Snell today.

As a Conner owner I am hoping all this share tal is to motivate Conner.  I still think he is the better back but I admit concern with what I saw in Snell last week.  Put up or shut up time.

'
The August buzz from Steelers training camp was a narrative that Conner was seen as the bell cow running back with the lion’s share of the touches belonging to him; however, his week 1 injury has opened the door to the narrative that the Steelers want to see him play through minor injuries, and if he can’t do this then a timeshare is on the table.

Well, as of now my opponent is still riding with Snell at RB2 & Conner on his bench. 

Starting to seriously wonder if he’s gonna stick with that.  :unsure:
Update: my opponent is indeed starting Snell over Conner.

on the one hand, :crazy:

on the other, maybe he’s a genius. Maybe he doesn’t want to lose Conner early (again) 

I’m honestly not sure how to feel about this move. I should be :pickle:  but feelin kinda :sadbanana:

Avoiding.

Could re-injure. Or perform poorly and Snell takes over. Going to wait and see. If he goes nuts, great...that means the bell cow is back.

Rolling with James Robinson who is getting the lion's share of touches.

Both Conner and Snell may have trouble running the ball today.  Just a hunch and could be wrong of course.
I’m in this camp too - said as much earlier. Box score is deceptive but Denver Really stymied Henry (needed 31 carries to get 113? Yeesh)

But if Pittsburgh gets way up because Denver’s seconds is a mess, I could see a favorable end-game script for the RBs. 

Users who are viewing this thread