What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB James Conner, ARZ (3 Viewers)

I'm in the same boat. (although thankfully, on Bye)  My RB's are Henry, Conner, Gaskin, Singletary, Washington and Ito Smith. Holding Mattison on IR.  Only HAVE to start 2, but my WR flex options aren't all that great anyway (Lamb and Jeudy) and get worse if Cooks can't go next week.

My 10-3 team isn't looking like such a great bet anymore. Thanks a lot 2020.
Ha. Have Gaskin as well and was hoping to ride him instead of Conner. Nope. And watch Ahmed and/or Breida come back and screw up any DWash value.

My 10-3 team isn't looking like such a great bet anymore. Thanks a lot 2020.
Same here. I finished first in H2H and points for and had a very scary showing this week on bye.

Don't like it at all.

But it has nothing to do with James Conner. I can just commiserate. Conner I traded for a second this year after trading for him for a second and thinking better about it.

zeeshan2 said:
Rotoworld take:

James Conner has an injured quad. 

Conner was tremendously ineffective Sunday night against Buffalo, carrying the ball 10 times for 18 yards. No running back is going to have much upside in a Steelers offense that passes on nearly 64 percent of its plays, the sixth highest rate in the league. But Benny Snell would be a worthwhile waiver add this week if Conner misses practice time. If Conner plays, he'll be a low-end RB2 in Week 15 against the Bengals. 

RELATED: 

Benny Snell

SOURCE: Aditi Kinkhabwala

Dec 15, 2020, 12:04 PM ET

Pretty sure I'm benching Conner this week.  Playing A Jones, Akers and one of Mostert/Dobbins.  And boy do I need production from all 3 positions.  I am 20 points back in a two week playoff.  I NEED to win big this week or go home until next year.

Pretty sure I'm benching Conner this week.  Playing A Jones, Akers and one of Mostert/Dobbins.  And boy do I need production from all 3 positions.  I am 20 points back in a two week playoff.  I NEED to win big this week or go home until next year.
I will play Jeff Wilson, Jr., Cole Beasley, Nelson Agholor over Connor's and Claypool at this juncture. 

Careful about Mostert this week. Injured and splitting with Wilson. 

I will play Jeff Wilson, Jr., Cole Beasley, Nelson Agholor over Connor's and Claypool at this juncture. 

Careful about Mostert this week. Injured and splitting with Wilson. 
If Mostert is out I may play D. Wash or L. Bowden over him.

He's got an injured quad, Snell is lurking, and for the love of god it seemed like Samuels is in the mix. His floor is zero.

He's got an injured quad, Snell is lurking, and for the love of god it seemed like Samuels is in the mix. His floor is zero.
You've got options and Snell / Connor / Samuel don't do much for me. PIT D is enough Steelers. Eight guys competing for 2-3 TD's. Add Washington now to make eight.

The Steelers offense is in complete turmoil now.  I have faith they'll eventually figure it out but I won't be playing Conner or Snell (I have both) until they do.  It's too bad because Monday should be a tasty matchup.

The Steelers offense is in complete turmoil now.  I have faith they'll eventually figure it out but I won't be playing Conner or Snell (I have both) until they do.  It's too bad because Monday should be a tasty matchup.
It is a mess

I’ve been starting Ben and Claypool in a league for weeks. Very nervous this week in the semis 

James Conner (quad) was limited at practice Friday. 

Conner is now on the right side of questionable after missing practice on Wednesday and Thursday. He would be a low-end RB2 this week. If Conner is unable to suit up Monday night, fantasy managers can assume Benny Snell will get the start for the Steelers in Week 15 against the Bengals. 

RELATED: 

Benny Snell

SOURCE: Brian Batko on Twitter 

Dec 18, 2020, 3:04 PM ET

Ugh, hate having him in a MNF game.  My next-best option was going to be Curtis Samuel, but he's nicked up as well.  That leaves Mooney as my next best option.

(Fortunately I rolled out Henry and Waller last night so I need to focus on floor, not ceiling in this slot.)

I’m done with Connor. He hasnt done anything since the first qtr of the season. Even if he plays he’s banged up and doesn’t get the goal line carries. 
I have more confidence starting Jeff Wilson with mostert playing over Connor in the semi-finals

I’m done with Connor. He hasnt done anything since the first qtr of the season. Even if he plays he’s banged up and doesn’t get the goal line carries. 
I have more confidence starting Jeff Wilson with mostert playing over Connor in the semi-finals
Don't know how you trust him. 

I also have Mostert and Wilson and those two are WAY ahead of Conner right now. 

Most experts are still ranking Conner way too high too. Don't get it. 

James Conner (quad) is questionable for Week 15 against the Bengals.

The Steelers limited Conner's practice reps this week but he's now on track to play. Conner had just 10 carries last week and is at risk of an in-game setback, but he's a low-end RB2 against a Bengals defense that's allowing 4.9 YPC. Benny Snell would get the start if Conner doesn't play.

Dec 19, 2020, 3:24 PM ET

Were there any reports on Conner practicing yesterday?

Haven't heard any "expected to play" tweets from Shefty this morning.

I started Curtis Samuel last night in his lineup spot, so enjoy your 100+ and 2 TDs on Monday, everyone else.

When Fichtner asks Ben to throw 40+ a game, which is too often, the Steelers backfield holds little value.   

The problem is if the Steelers do happen to get up by a couple scores and want to try to run the ball there is a good chance they'll do it with Snell since Conner is banged up.  Snell is also the goal line back (even though he doesn't score much he is a vulture).   Seriously Snell might be a better play  😨

yeah, I just can't risk it today. I had to start SOMEONE at my 2nd RB spot, so I swallowed hard and put Singletary in last night. Obviously got really lucky with the long garbage time TD, so I'm gonna count my blessings and plug in someone safer at Flex today. (probably Lamb, although he's obviously no sure bet either)

Its a juicy potential matchup, but I dont think I can survive a 9 carry for 22 yard performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im in a similarly tough spot in my league ship game - I have JC and Snell so Im kind of hoping JC gets declared inavtive as my other options are McCoy or Barber and I really dont want to go with either...yuck...

Playing Wilson, Mostert, AB, and E. Sanders over him.

And dropped Snell to boot.

PIT @INDY next week too. Bad matchup. Bet I drop Conner next week if he lays another egg.

Lol. What an absolute bust this guy has been this year. In contention for bust of the year. Should be on everyone’s do not draft list going forward. I hope nobody waited around for the chance to play the garbage Pitt run game this week.

James Conner is OUT tonight.
Rotoworld take:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports James Conner (quad) won't play in Week 15 against the Bengals.

Benny Snell will likely get the start, but rookie Anthony McFarland and Jaylen Samuels are expected to be involved, too. Snell totaled 24/65 rushing and 5/38 receiving in two spot-starts for Conner earlier this month, failing to score on seven opportunities inside the 10-yard line. He has an enticing ceiling since he'll continue handling goal-line work, but fantasy players should temper their expectations given Snell's sluggish profile. It's a concerning outlook for Conner ahead of free agency.

RELATED: 

Benny Snell

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 21, 2020, 3:29 PM ET

We all make our own choices when drafting and have to own it. And I own it.

But damn was I swayed by Matt Waldman's preseason love for Conner.
I’m right there with you. I totally bought in to Waldman’s analysis as well. And I will continue to value his opinions on RBs regardless as In my opinion he is the best in the biz when it comes to the position. To be fair, the idea that the Steelers of all teams would morph into this finesse dink and dunk passing team with no interest in running the ball was completely unforeseeable. Not that Connor helped his case, but this clearly hindered him. Bottom line is this Steelers offense has been figured out and in a tail spin. I’m not going anywhere near their backfield next year unless there are some serious changes in offensive philosophy and/or Ben is gone.

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said James Conner (quad) could be available for Week 16 against the Colts. 

Tomlin said he was "impressed" by Benny Snell, who excelled with Conner sidelined Monday night against the Bengals. Snell turned 18 carries into 84 yards and a touchdown against the Bengals' middling rush defense. There isn't a whole lot of fantasy upside to be had in the Pittsburgh backfield since the team is among the pass heaviest in the NFL this season. A full complement of snaps for Conner in Week 16 would make him a back-end RB2 play. Fantasy managers should hang on to Snell for now. 

RELATED: 

Benny Snell

SOURCE: Brian Batko on Twitter 

Dec 22, 2020, 12:10 PM ET

Seeing a lot of love for Snell over Connor in week 16 so far. Dodds and Bloom have Connor down for 0.00 and Snell down for RB #2 type numbers. Just wondering what gives here?

Edit: Connor is also listed as healthy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing a lot of love for Snell over Connor in week 16 so far. Dodds and Bloom have Connor down for 0.00 and Snell down for RB #2 type numbers. Just wondering what gives here?

Yeah I don't get that.

I don't see Conner as an option this week. You have to think if Conner is active, Snell still gets some work.

I actually dropped Conner and picked up Snell. Snell possibly playable if Conner ruled out. Still, the matchup isn't great at all and the PIT offense is floundering.

Only way I'm playing either is if other options come up lame in practice or something. Starting Wilson, E. Sanders, and AB over all of them. If push came to shove I bet I'd start R. Higgins over both as well.

Yeah I don't get that.

I don't see Conner as an option this week. You have to think if Conner is active, Snell still gets some work.

I actually dropped Conner and picked up Snell. Snell possibly playable if Conner ruled out. Still, the matchup isn't great at all and the PIT offense is floundering.

Only way I'm playing either is if other options come up lame in practice or something. Starting Wilson, E. Sanders, and AB over all of them. If push came to shove I bet I'd start R. Higgins over both as well.
Yep, just keeping up to speed with it. I probably would not play either Connor nor Snell, but someone else could score if Snell was their guy, and Connor was somehow not playing, which could be the case. It's all about maximizing that RB 2 / Flex spot with players trending up with decent matchups, etc. Snell back in FA this week. If he is so high I might see if I could get him dropping Agholor who won't crack my lineup. 

JAMES CONNERRB, PITTSBURGH STEELERS

James Conner (quad) is practicing in full for Week 16 against the Colts. 

Conner has seemed to be running on fumes when active in the second half of the season, but the Steelers' offense needs all the help it can get right now. That being said, Benny Snell was one of the only functional parts of the Steelers' Week 15 attack, so it should not be assumed that Conner will simply slide back in as the uncontested lead back. At least as of Thursday, he has the feel of a low-upside FLEX. 

JAMES CONNERRB, PITTSBURGH STEELERS

James Conner (quad) is practicing in full for Week 16 against the Colts. 

Conner has seemed to be running on fumes when active in the second half of the season, but the Steelers' offense needs all the help it can get right now. That being said, Benny Snell was one of the only functional parts of the Steelers' Week 15 attack, so it should not be assumed that Conner will simply slide back in as the uncontested lead back. At least as of Thursday, he has the feel of a low-upside FLEX. 
:drive:

Yeah I don't get that.
FWIW I've noticed these past few weeks that FBGs is reacting slower in terms of real time news and updating rankings. Don't know if its Dodds checking out already and not updating his forecasts as frequently or general malaise as the season wears on or simply general cadence of updates not keeping up to news, but they still have McKissik as a top 15 option this week as Gibson practices (though limited) and Snell as a top 20 option.

Users who are viewing this thread