Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: TE Mo Alie-Cox, Colts


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love having Mo Cox!

Sounds like he’s giving opposing defenses MO PROBLEMS amirite 

Been waiting literally years for this opportunity lol, adding dropping then adding dropping over and over. Rooting for him.

With shaky WR situation, could see them going to much more 2 TE sets. Hilton has been dropping too many passes, Pittman is struggling as most rookie WR's do, and Campbell is out for season with injury. Don't cut bait with Cox just because Doyle is back. They will keep throwing to Cox until he gives them a reason not to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dawg Pound 69 said:

With shaky WR situation, could see them going to much more 2 TE sets. Hilton has been dropping too many passes, Pittman is struggling as most rookie WR's do, and Campbell is out for season with injury. Don't cut bait with Cox just because Doyle is back. They will keep throwing to Cox until he gives them a reason not to.

Campbell probably isn't out for the season. He has a sprained MCL and PCL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Mo Alie-Cox hauled in all three of his targets for 50 yards and a touchdown in Indianapolis' Week 3 win over the Jets. 

Jack Doyle, who returned for his first game following an ankle injury, wasn't targeted behind Alie-Cox. The latter also surprisingly out-snapped Doyle 34 to 33, securing a 45-yard catch-and-run for his first touchdown of the season. Assuming Alie-Cox has entrenched himself as the Colts' 1A tight end over Doyle, it's the former who is more valuable as a TE2 with upside from Philip Rivers moving forward. Alie-Cox will be ranked as such in Week 4 against the Bears.

Sep 27, 2020, 7:21 PM ET

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2020 at 5:15 PM, Houston turmOiler said:

Thoughts on this guy moving forward? Doyle is back but the WRs are decimated. I'd like to plug him in for Evan Engram as opposed to trading for another TE, but i haven't gotten to see the Colts. Curious if he's an emerging talent or just another guy

Similar here...have Cook, dropped Goedert for Deebo (losing out on Graham)...between Mo and Schultz in Dallas (will keep Cook and drop another player).  Just trying to figure out which one at this point.  Mo has Doyle still around and now Burton set to return soon.  Schultz has all the other targets there in Dallas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2020 at 6:15 PM, Houston turmOiler said:

Thoughts on this guy moving forward? Doyle is back but the WRs are decimated. I'd like to plug him in for Evan Engram as opposed to trading for another TE, but i haven't gotten to see the Colts. Curious if he's an emerging talent or just another guy

Well as someone who has watched him closely the past 2 years, he is not a JAG. Very talented, great athleticism, a former bball standout, tall, big wingspan. They were featuring him in a lot of their redzone packages last year if you were watching, and he was outstanding.

Much depends on Rivers, but given how he favored Hunter Henry in LA/SD, I would say grab him now before it's too late.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Im going with big Mo...at this point, I missed out on some other TE prospects and such...I like his talent and think even with other TEs on the roster, the injuries they have at WR will make him valuable enough to have some nice games and keep (hopefully) a decent floor as well.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Im going with big Mo...at this point, I missed out on some other TE prospects and such...I like his talent and think even with other TEs on the roster, the injuries they have at WR will make him valuable enough to have some nice games and keep (hopefully) a decent floor as well.

 

Same here, rolling Cox over Cook from here on out...:thumbup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2020 at 6:15 PM, Houston turmOiler said:

Thoughts on this guy moving forward? Doyle is back but the WRs are decimated. I'd like to plug him in for Evan Engram as opposed to trading for another TE, but i haven't gotten to see the Colts. Curious if he's an emerging talent or just another guy

As much as he is popping, hard to trust a guy that only ran 8 pass routes (I think?) this past game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, creepythinman said:

As much as he is popping, hard to trust a guy that only ran 8 pass routes (I think?) this past game.

True, but when the OC comes out and says this:

OC Nick Sirianni: “He's made too many plays the last few weeks.”

And the #2 and #3 receivers are hurt....you gotta think he will get more work

Edited by ahartig
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Truebluey said:

Well as someone who has watched him closely the past 2 years, he is not a JAG. Very talented, great athleticism, a former bball standout, tall, big wingspan. They were featuring him in a lot of their redzone packages last year if you were watching, and he was outstanding.

Much depends on Rivers, but given how he favored Hunter Henry in LA/SD, I would say grab him now before it's too late.

Really appreciate the insight. I've had him on the roster remembering Rivers with Antonio Gates, but i haven't really seen him. The red zone tidbit is particularly interesting in addition to the athleticism.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ahartig said:

True, but when the OC comes out and says this:

OC Nick Sirianni: “He's made too many plays the last few weeks.”

And the #2 and #3 receivers are hurt....you gotta think he will get more work

Could be just coach speak saying he'll still see the field even with Trey Burton back.

Or could be he might see some snaps lined up as WR? I seem to remember him doing that a bit last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Houston turmOiler said:

Really appreciate the insight. I've had him on the roster remembering Rivers with Antonio Gates, but i haven't really seen him. The red zone tidbit is particularly interesting in addition to the athleticism.

You're welcome.  The comp for me when watching him is Julius Thomas.  Of course JT had one of the all-time greats throwing him the ball, and did pretty much nothing once he left the Broncos.

JT:  6' 5", 256 lbs

MoA Cox: 6' 5", 267 lbs

 

Alie-Cox was a four-year standout at Virginia Commonwealth University's Men's basketball team. He started 103 of 142 games and totaled 1,092 points, 663 rebounds, 87 steals, 112 assists and 255 blocks in 3,322 minutes. He averaged over 25 minutes a game in his final three years. He also led VCU to its first ever Atlantic 10 championship, earning all tournament team honors. He is the school's all-time leader in field goal percentage.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, creepythinman said:

As much as he is popping, hard to trust a guy that only ran 8 pass routes (I think?) this past game.

 

on the one hand, yes. on the other hand, his FFpts per route are friggin bonkers. and the offensive coordinator is now on record saying he wants alie-cox move involved. 

he's 4th in yards for tight ends. and he's played about 1/3 of the snaps as everyone else. i say buy buy buy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, strong said:

 

on the one hand, yes. on the other hand, his FFpts per route are friggin bonkers. and the offensive coordinator is now on record saying he wants alie-cox move involved. 

he's 4th in yards for tight ends. and he's played about 1/3 of the snaps as everyone else. i say buy buy buy. 

I'm torn between him and Logan Thomas to add as a bench TE. They have opposite metrics right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tricky92 said:

I'm torn between him and Logan Thomas to add as a bench TE. They have opposite metrics right now.

Was in the same boat...my deciding factor was the QB and offense.  Haskins is terrible....and will most likely be benched soon for Kyle Allen.  Rivers is good and loves him big TEs and Indy is a good team.

IMO, cox has way more upside

Edited by ahartig
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

This guy is second in the league in yards per target right now at 16.5 in company with

Chase Claypool 16.8 ypt

Justin Jefferson 16.3 ypt

Andy Isabella 16.3 ypt

Sounds like he’s giving opposing defenses MO PROBLEMS amirite 

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

This guy is second in the league in yards per target right now at 16.5 in company with

Chase Claypool 16.8 ypt

Justin Jefferson 16.3 ypt

Andy Isabella 16.3 ypt

Interesting, two other guys that are intriguing but I wouldn’t trust either in my lineup.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was hoping to see a bit more usage last week, especially with the snap split with Doyle. I hesitate to start him until the snaps, target share and air yards are in line with other productive TE’s. That being said I own him everywhere and think those things will work themselves out. I see him as a must own with a caution flag next to him for starting this week.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kittenmittens said:

I think he is the real deal.  He just looks massive and fluid and moves well too.  

He seems to have passed Doyle.  The rest of their team is injured.  Rivers at QB.

Wheels up.

Yep. I got him during last week's waiver claims and started him in all leagues without hesitation.  Since I didn't get any of the top TEs in the draft, I'm rolling with Mo Cox ROS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kittenmittens said:

I think he is the real deal.  He just looks massive and fluid and moves well too.  

He seems to have passed Doyle.  The rest of their team is injured.  Rivers at QB.

Wheels up.

Fluff

But it's good fluff...I do think though that the end of the write up is riddled with holes...like

"establishing himself as one of the most well-rounded tight ends in the NFL, but that could certainly change by the time the season is over"

Way to step out there and walk back a fairly bold statement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, djmich said:

Interesting, two other guys that are intriguing but I wouldn’t trust either in my lineup.

These things do normalize themselves with more volume over time.

Looking at 2019 at the end of the season only 11 players had 10 or more yards per target. Currently there are 39 players in the NFL with 10 or more ypt. Offensive stats across the league are higher right now than I think they have ever been.

It will be interesting to revisit this around week 8 where I would expect about half of the 39 players above 10 ypt to not be above that threshold anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Fluff

But it's good fluff...I do think though that the end of the write up is riddled with holes...like

"establishing himself as one of the most well-rounded tight ends in the NFL, but that could certainly change by the time the season is over"

Way to step out there and walk back a fairly bold statement. 

"This guy is going see multiple Pro Bowls and be in contention for best TE of the decade, unless he ends up a flash in the pan and fades out of the league."

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Mo Alie-Cox caught a 13-yard touchdown on two targets in the Colts' Week 4 win over the Bears.

He scored the Colts' lone touchdown in an easy win. Alie-Cox now has 100 yards and/or one touchdown in three straight games. Targets were tough to come by in this one, however, with Trey Burton making his debut, seeing five targets, and Jack Doyle now healthy. There are too many tight ends in Indy, but Alie-Cox is easily the most talented one.

Oct 4, 2020, 8:10 PM ET

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2020 at 9:23 PM, KingPrawn said:

Nice to see the TD today but the lack of targets is really concerning

 

On 10/4/2020 at 11:23 PM, Aznflyer14 said:

How is that this guy isn't getting consistent target?  He's completed TE as there is on blocking and receiving.  HC Reich needs to get over with his fascination with multiple TEs and play Alie-Cox every snap.  

Burton came back and they seemed to be trying to get him involved because he had no game reps.  Cox seemed to be emerging as a good option but the coaches may want to see if he's their best option before deciding how to play them.  I think he's a decent te2 until we see more but not a guy I'm going to start each week unless there's a good te matchup

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202010040chi.htm

Burton 5 targets, MAC 2

Edited by bostonfred
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...