What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kareem Hunt, CLE (6 Viewers)

Going against a bunch of Hunt this week in the finals. I am here to officially and personally put the hex on him and wish/hope/pray that he comes through completely healthy but isn't needed due to prolific scorage from both Tyreek and Zeus.

:ninja:
as a Hunt owner I'd like to say "thanks for this post".

Good lord, seriously?

i can’t with these articles. If he stumbles in the playoffs it will be one game, and should in no way define his ROY-contending season. 

The playoffs: where the cream of the crop plays. The best teams in the NFL match up. The best teams often have the best defenses. 

Granted, KC does have a somewhat easier matchup with TEN, at home, but they’re still a playoff team.

anyway; I disagree with the premise of the article. Hunt’s season was terrific whatever he does in the playoffs. The only times his season wasn't terrific was when Reid went away from using Hunt as the centerpiece of the offense. 

I put this squarely on Reid. 

On the (holy ####, really?!?) 10 touches Hunt had, he performered. 

Give him 30 and maybe he’s got 100+’and 3 TDs. Alas, we’ll never know because Andy Reid is allergic to winning.

Maybe he’ll get fired & save Hunt’s dynasty value? 
My comment when Reid was first hired in KC:

Andy Reid can be very frustrating with his play calling and his propensity to pass. Just like you said, he'll ignore the run for long stretches. Especially at the goal line. The stats may look good at the end of the season, but watching his play calling week in and week out he'll frustrate the hell out you.

Good lord, seriously?

i can’t with these articles. If he stumbles in the playoffs it will be one game, and should in no way define his ROY-contending season. 

The playoffs: where the cream of the crop plays. The best teams in the NFL match up. The best teams often have the best defenses. 

Granted, KC does have a somewhat easier matchup with TEN, at home, but they’re still a playoff team.

anyway; I disagree with the premise of the article. Hunt’s season was terrific whatever he does in the playoffs. The only times his season wasn't terrific was when Reid went away from using Hunt as the centerpiece of the offense. 
Too bad they couldn’t capitalize on the “easy” matchup. ?

From rotoworld:

Kareem Hunt - RB -  Chiefs

A 19-year-old woman has accused Kareem Hunt of "shoving and pushing" her in downtown Cleveland over the weekend.

The alleged incident occurred at 3:45 AM on Saturday morning. No charges have been filed yet. Another woman who was with Hunt and his friends at the time claims 19-year-old Abigail Ottinger assaulted her, instigating the melee. One police report lists Hunt as a suspect, and another police report lists Ottinger as the suspect, meaning there is a "cross complaint." The group was reportedly together on a party bus in downtown Cleveland. Hunt's friend told police they kicked girls out of his apartment when they learned they were only 19. Hunt's friend also said Ottinger called them "racial slurs" when told to leave.

Bronco Billy said:
From rotoworld:
Isn't "shoving" and "pushing" basically the same thing?

This is obviously not a great thing, but for now at least it seems semi-innocuous and I'd guess it will blow over quickly. It seems he was just trying to keep her away from the woman he was with but obviously he could have/should have tired to do it a little differently.  

How are people feeling about Hunt going into next season? I’m stacked at RB in one league and have been trying to deal him but not getting any reasonable offers so thinking maybe I’ll keep him and deal someone else. Im guessing people are worried about Ware coming back. They also have West and signed Damien Williams although guessing both don’t make the team. 

How are people feeling about Hunt going into next season? I’m stacked at RB in one league and have been trying to deal him but not getting any reasonable offers so thinking maybe I’ll keep him and deal someone else. Im guessing people are worried about Ware coming back. They also have West and signed Damien Williams although guessing both don’t make the team. 

I’m admittedly bias towards Hunt, but I did pick up Ware in the offseason to handcuff.  I think KC will run a bit more to protect Mahomes.  Maybe 340 carries and 120 catches for the top 2 backs, with it splitting 65/35 in Hunts favor.  That would give him about 300 touches for the season.  I think Ware has enough game to spell Hunt for about 10 touches a game while still giving Hunt enough to put up 1500 to 1600 yds, hopefully with some upside depending on his ypt.

No one is worried about ware...he might not be healthy they signed several scrubs like damien williams because kc is worried that ware might not be ready to back up hunt.....now the bar fight thing could result in a suspension

No one is worried about ware...he might not be healthy they signed several scrubs like damien williams because kc is worried that ware might not be ready to back up hunt.....now the bar fight thing could result in a suspension

If you’re correct, Hunt would probably jump up to being a lock top 4 FF RB barring injury.

from the blogger - should be ready for camp

Kansas City Chiefs RB Spencer Ware's (knee) availability for the offseason workouts is uncertain, but he should be ready for the start of training camp, according to head coach Andy Reid.

Footballguys view: Reid backtracked on those comments later saying 'you never know' in terms of Ware's availability for training camp. The language of the NFL is money, and the Chiefs have added two RBs (Damien Williams, Kerwynn Williams) this offseason. We won't be surprised to see them select a RB in this deep and talented 2018 draft class.

They also signed Kerwynn Williams. I have still heard of some people that think Ware is some kind of threat. Usually the ones that thought Ware was going to be the guy last year before he got hurt. We'll never really know what would have happened if he had been healthy but my money is that Hunt was going to be the #1 no matter what.

For this year I expect him to crush it similarly to last year. Mahomes being able to convert 3rd downs and sustain scoring drives is a big question mark, however. Everyone seems convinced Mahomes is the real deal even though he has barely played.

I’m admittedly bias towards Hunt, but I did pick up Ware in the offseason to handcuff.  I think KC will run a bit more to protect Mahomes.  Maybe 340 carries and 120 catches for the top 2 backs, with it splitting 65/35 in Hunts favor.  That would give him about 300 touches for the season.  I think Ware has enough game to spell Hunt for about 10 touches a game while still giving Hunt enough to put up 1500 to 1600 yds, hopefully with some upside depending on his ypt.
You are projecting more than "a bit" of an increase there. Last year, the top 2 KC RBs (Hunt, West) had 290 rushing attempts and 97 receptions. +50 carries would be +17%. As for the receptions, I have these questions:

• KC attempted 543 passes last season. More or less this season with a rookie QB?
  • KC added Watkins and did not lose any significant targets. More or less targets for the RBs?
  • Related to the previous questions, is Mahomes skillset one that favors throwing downfield to WRs/TEs or shorter routes to RBs?
In his one game as a starter, he attempted 35 passes, and RBs had 4 receptions. Playing one game with backups is not predictive, but it's the only NFL data point that exists, and his RBs at Texas Tech didn't catch many passes.

I'll take the under on both of your projections (340 carries and 120 catches), although I agree with you that he could reach 300 touches.

You are projecting more than "a bit" of an increase there. Last year, the top 2 KC RBs (Hunt, West) had 290 rushing attempts and 97 receptions. +50 carries would be +17%. As for the receptions, I have these questions:

• KC attempted 543 passes last season. More or less this season with a rookie QB?
  • KC added Watkins and did not lose any significant targets. More or less targets for the RBs?
  • Related to the previous questions, is Mahomes skillset one that favors throwing downfield to WRs/TEs or shorter routes to RBs?
In his one game as a starter, he attempted 35 passes, and RBs had 4 receptions. Playing one game with backups is not predictive, but it's the only NFL data point that exists, and his RBs at Texas Tech didn't catch many passes.

I'll take the under on both of your projections (340 carries and 120 catches), although I agree with you that he could reach 300 touches.

Just as a point of reference, that difference in carries is less than one more rushing attempt per quarter for the year.  Reid’s teams hit those rushing totals when McNabb was young and with Charles as the lead back in KC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damien Williams is a quality utility RB who can block well, catch the ball but isn't very good between the tackles. Williams even played some H back/TE for the Dolphins when they lacked other options there. He did a reasonably good job blocking the backside of plays in that role.

I don't see him as a threat to Hunt but I could see him or West or Ware having a role on 3rd downs similar to West last season on 3rd downs if Hunts doesn't improve his pass pro this year.

I still don't see it being a time share though looking at Reids history, he usually gives the majority of opportunities to one RB instead of a 50/50 or 60/40 split like some coaches like to do. Hunt had 86% of the RB rushing attempts last season and 59% of the RB targets.

If Hunt improves in pass protection (many RB do in their second season) then I could see his share of targets in the passing game increasing which would offset any small loss in rushing attempts that maybe could go to Ware or Williams.

Just as a point of reference, that difference in carries is less than one more rushing attempt per quarter for the year.  Reid’s teams hit those rushing totals when McNabb was young and with Charles as the lead back in KC.
As a counter point of reference, did any of those teams have receiving talent equivalent to Watkins, Hill, and Kelce? Without looking, I suspect comparing this KC team to those is an apples to oranges comparison.

As a counter point of reference, did any of those teams have receiving talent equivalent to Watkins, Hill, and Kelce? Without looking, I suspect comparing this KC team to those is an apples to oranges comparison.

I’m just saying that Reid has a history of running the ball more with a young QB or when he’s got a stud RB.  I could be wrong this coming year, but I see an increase in carries due to Mahomes starting and after what Hunt showed last year.

Bronco Billy said:
I’m just saying that Reid has a history of running the ball more with a young QB or when he’s got a stud RB.  I could be wrong this coming year, but I see an increase in carries due to Mahomes starting and after what Hunt showed last year.
I think you may be right, but I don't see him getting the same number of receptions. 

I think you may be right, but I don't see him getting the same number of receptions. 
Agreed. People seem to think Hunt is great in the passing game for some reason. He's not a very good pass protector and will be off the field quite a bit on 3rd downs, IMO. 

I am holding onto Ware but I won't expect him to hold much value. Hunt, i think, is going to be a bit schizophrenic week to week because defenses will try to make Mahomes beat them. his receptions total may be up, i suppose, but i think it's reasonable to expect Mahomes - a new starter - and the offense to struggle. he's got a big arm, yadda yadda yadda but at the end day Reid can't fix novelty.

I am holding onto Ware but I won't expect him to hold much value. Hunt, i think, is going to be a bit schizophrenic week to week because defenses will try to make Mahomes beat them. his receptions total may be up, i suppose, but i think it's reasonable to expect Mahomes - a new starter - and the offense to struggle. he's got a big arm, yadda yadda yadda but at the end day Reid can't fix novelty.
I think mahomes lights it up this year. This is a weird shift from traditional Reid offenses. He usually relies on a few key pieces on offense, then has a more stacked defense. But they are dismantling the D and stacking the offense. With all the receiving talent, Hunt should free to roam.

looking to trade ware to the hunt owner in dyno to move up in the draft.

what is a fair offer?

Gillislee, Mike NEP RB

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR

Witten, Jason DAL TE

are expendable, picking 13/14. he is 4/14.

what is a fair offer?

Gillislee, Mike NEP RB

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR

Witten, Jason DAL TE

Not only are you in the wrong forum, you're in the wrong thread.

what is a fair offer?

Gillislee, Mike NEP RB

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR

Witten, Jason DAL TE

As a Hunt owner who acquired Ware this offseason, Ware just doesn’t have that much value.  I acquired him for a mid-range 5th rounder in an IDP league and his owner was glad to get something for him I think.  I wouldn’t have gone much higher.

I get the feeling you’re going to have to put more than Ware and 1.13 plus any of those 3 guys on the table to move into the tier 2 RB territory of this draft.

Ya, my bad.  Accused though.  Story kind of disappeared. 

But not a good offseason for him.  Twice in 4 months.
disappeared is right, i feel like a pay attention to players who matter and I dont recall ever seeing or hearing about it

disappeared is right, i feel like a pay attention to players who matter and I dont recall ever seeing or hearing about it
Charges were never filed, Hunt had a number of people male and female with him who said the woman and her friend were lying and were the ones that were aggressive, FWIW. According to the report linked above there will be no charges filed in this situation either.

Not much to see here but still, would rather not see his name in the news at all.

The news stories are concerning.  With all that aside--from a re-draft perspective I probably won't own many/any shares of him this season if his adp stays close to where it is.   If Ware is healthy--I see him getting some of his touches.   Hunt started the season very strong last season and then went on a bit of a lull.  It was like he was starting to break down a bit.   I think Mahomes could be good--but he's still a question mark.   I don't have the stats-but I feel like Smith didn't throw that many td's to wr's outside of long plays to Tyreke Hill over the past couple of seasons.  My guess is that Mahomes will target his wr's more than smith did in the red zone.   Don't get me wrong--I think Hunt will be good to really good---I just don't know if he'll completely live up to his ADP.   I mentioned this in another thread--but I think I'd rather take a guy like Mixon later in ppr leagues.   

If this kid doesn’t start making better decisions - including maybe where he’s hanging out - he’s going to end up suspended.  I didn’t think this kind of stuff was part of his character.  What does he have to prove?

The news stories are concerning.  With all that aside--from a re-draft perspective I probably won't own many/any shares of him this season if his adp stays close to where it is.   If Ware is healthy--I see him getting some of his touches.   Hunt started the season very strong last season and then went on a bit of a lull.  It was like he was starting to break down a bit.   I think Mahomes could be good--but he's still a question mark.   I don't have the stats-but I feel like Smith didn't throw that many td's to wr's outside of long plays to Tyreke Hill over the past couple of seasons.  My guess is that Mahomes will target his wr's more than smith did in the red zone.   Don't get me wrong--I think Hunt will be good to really good---I just don't know if he'll completely live up to his ADP.   I mentioned this in another thread--but I think I'd rather take a guy like Mixon later in ppr leagues.   
 If Mahomes has as big of an arm as he is supposed to, that only helps Hunt.  He’s lethal in space.  This is gearing up to be a classic Reid offense, and we’ve seen how his RBs succeed when it’s clicking.

Users who are viewing this thread