What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kareem Hunt, CLE (2 Viewers)

Not even close. No way anyone can claim he was threatened by a girl laying in a heap on the ground. 
I meant from the start of the video. He seemed calm at first and then after being pulled away the women tries to follow him as one of his guys is trying to stop her. Thats when you see Hunt come around the corner and knock him into her. She's also trying to hit him as well. 

Honestly like I just said if she was a racist she deserves to be hit. I don't care who you are. Racist are low lifes of the earth and asking for something to happen. If this comes out that she and her friends snuck into some party or whatever and Hunt found out they were underage and kicked them out. Then she throws a hissy fit and acts entitled and started throwing racial slurs I see no sympathy for her. Should he have hit it? probably not and most likely she knew who he was and figured if she wasn't gonna get her way I know he's famous so I'll bait him into doing something stupid and try to ruin his livelyhood. This is why I'm so skeptical of girls coming out against Athletes and all. Theres some real scummy people on the other side just looking to ruin someone because they are successful
It might be time to take a little break from the internet. 

Not sure if you were replying to my post, but the point wasn't that she's a girl, but that she's on the ground and posing no threat at the point in time when decided to kick her. 
Don't think anyone is arguing that part. I think people are talking about the initial altercation before this. We're referring to @mcd quote here

It looks like when Hunt turned that corner, at the start of the video, that he wasn't nearly as worked up as moments later. That looks like when the "N" word may have occurred and he lunged and shoved her. After she made a fist and punched him in the face it went up a notch. Even so, his friends had Hunt and moved him back around the corner. The girl proceeded to chase after him, shoving his friend twice, when Hunt pushed his friend from behind, causing him to fall into the girl and both to stumble to the ground. Wish there was audio to hear what she was yelling, up until this point I don't think Hunt is in too much trouble. Then he had to do that kick...
Basically at the start he seems a lot calmer. It's presumed that she then calls him the N word which is when he went after and shoved her after she made a fist and punched HIM. Then it gets more heated. Friend hold him back to the corner and SHE PROCEEDS TO CHASE AFTER THEM shoving his friend multiple times. After Hunt pushed the guy into her then thats where the kick comes in. MCD basically is saying up until the Kick Hunt may not be in as much trouble. The kick is whats gonna get him here if the whole story on Hunt's side is true. 

If that's the case its just another entitled brat playing stupid games and winning a stupid prize for said game. Right or wrong. Either way what did she think was gonna happen when she goes off yelling the N word to black guys? I had a co worker who went to Temple and went to a house party. He's white and kept using the word. The guys there were cool with him telling him to knock it off or someone else isn't gonna be so nice. Well he kept using it and the next think he knows he's waking up in the street with just his boxers on. His Shoes are tied together on a telephone pole wires, his socks and clothes are missing and his phone. His Keys are gone and the only thing in his wallet is his ID and credit and debit cards and cash missing. Can't say I felt sorry for the dude either and in fact I actual laughed when I heard the story. 

I meant from the start of the video. He seemed calm at first...
The video starts with Hunt coming out of nowhere and saying something to the girl.  That isn't worthy of a suspension obviously but it shows how dumb he is at minimum and shows that he wasn't all that calm IMO.  She should have been an insignificant afterthought and he should have just gone into his room.  Instead he came around the corner and helped to escalate the situation - then he went on tilt.

What difference does it make if it's a woman?  I'm tied up in a pretzel between patriarchy and equality.
I agree you want equality don't complain when you deserve to get hit. I'm all for defending women against the dam abuser but if you are acting like the girl in this situation I don't feel sorry for her being hit after the type of language she apparently used. I think if Hunt doesn't kick her while she's down Hunt has a much better chance of less trouble

So what your saying is he might have grounds for self defense here? Honestly not defending here but if someone was being racist I don't care if it's male or female their ### deserves a beatdown. No need to belittle people like that
Nope. You’re wrong. Saying an offensive WORD is never grounds for a beatdown. Really? You honestly believe being called a bad/offensive word is worthy of physically harming/assaulting someone?? That’s a pretty extreme take. 

well, if he licked her in the video, this would be a very different conversation.

(just messing with u, not trying to be a spelling police)

i'm a bit put off by some of you trying to find an out for him in this situation. nothing that could have happened during or prior to that video justifies what I saw. it's not a matter of whether i agree with u all about the racist comments.
I think people are saying is we have this whole thing about women's equality and when is it not right to touch a women. Well if this was another guy he hit instead of a girl acting like this I'm sure people would have a much different take saying good for Hunt if his side of the story is accurate. Women want to be treated equally so if his side of the story checked out here why is it different. Saying she's a women just hurting the inequality situation. People want equality but if this was a guy again people would be saying what an idiot the guy being hit was. 

I think people are saying is we have this whole thing about women's equality and when is it not right to touch a women. Well if this was another guy he hit instead of a girl acting like this I'm sure people would have a much different take saying good for Hunt if his side of the story is accurate. Women want to be treated equally so if his side of the story checked out here why is it different. Saying she's a women just hurting the inequality situation. People want equality but if this was a guy again people would be saying what an idiot the guy being hit was. 
I would like to think you are fishing, but sadly I don't think you are.

the fact that you can't discern the difference between hitting a woman and a man says enough. your point was clearly made in your first post, really shouldn't try to explain it further. ur premises i understand, i wholeheartedly disagree with ur conclusions.

Nope. You’re wrong. Saying an offensive WORD is never grounds for a beatdown. Really? You honestly believe being called a bad/offensive word is worthy of physically harming/assaulting someone?? That’s a pretty extreme take. 
The Nazis were pretty extreme. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Want to run your mouth as a racist scumbag I don't feel sorry honestly if you wound up dead. Someone is gonna shut you up and you might not like it. Point is if you are gonna being an idiot keep to yourself or let natural selection run it's corse. If I had a kid and they were being a racist and got hit I'd just say well that sucks for you don't be an idiot and that wouldn't happen. Be glad you're still living because the next time you act like an idiot like that it might be your life you lose instead of a tooth. 

Dude, stop.

The Nazis were pretty extreme. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Want to run your mouth as a racist scumbag I don't feel sorry honestly if you wound up dead. Someone is gonna shut you up and you might not like it. Point is if you are gonna being an idiot keep to yourself or let natural selection run it's corse. If I had a kid and they were being a racist and got hit I'd just say well that sucks for you don't be an idiot and that wouldn't happen. Be glad you're still living because the next time you act like an idiot like that it might be your life you lose instead of a tooth. 
What is wrong with you?

I would like to think you are fishing, but sadly I don't think you are.
Maybe but I think it's definitely time we start talking about these situations of equality. Just because a person is this or that doesn't exclude or include them from certain things. In this case we got an entitled brat running her mouth. Now the best outcome would've been the cops are called and this is taken care of. The next is she's kicked out by his guys and they settle it. The next outcome is one of the guys gets physical after she starts yelling the N word. Well unfortunately Hunt got involved and she ran her mouth and it got shut for using that language. I just don't feel an once of sympathy male or female for anyone who uses such language. If I went to N. Philly in broad daylight and started acting like a racist I'd be lucky if I made it back alive. And honestly I wouldn't expect anyone to feel bad for me if I did end up dead for a stunt like that. I just have no sympathy for that sort of thing 

Don't think anyone is arguing that part. I think people are talking about the initial altercation before this. We're referring to @mcd quote here

Basically at the start he seems a lot calmer. It's presumed that she then calls him the N word which is when he went after and shoved her after she made a fist and punched HIM. Then it gets more heated. Friend hold him back to the corner and SHE PROCEEDS TO CHASE AFTER THEM shoving his friend multiple times. After Hunt pushed the guy into her then thats where the kick comes in. MCD basically is saying up until the Kick Hunt may not be in as much trouble. The kick is whats gonna get him here if the whole story on Hunt's side is true. 

If that's the case its just another entitled brat playing stupid games and winning a stupid prize for said game. Right or wrong. Either way what did she think was gonna happen when she goes off yelling the N word to black guys? I had a co worker who went to Temple and went to a house party. He's white and kept using the word. The guys there were cool with him telling him to knock it off or someone else isn't gonna be so nice. Well he kept using it and the next think he knows he's waking up in the street with just his boxers on. His Shoes are tied together on a telephone pole wires, his socks and clothes are missing and his phone. His Keys are gone and the only thing in his wallet is his ID and credit and debit cards and cash missing. Can't say I felt sorry for the dude either and in fact I actual laughed when I heard the story. 

I agree you want equality don't complain when you deserve to get hit. I'm all for defending women against the dam abuser but if you are acting like the girl in this situation I don't feel sorry for her being hit after the type of language she apparently used. I think if Hunt doesn't kick her while she's down Hunt has a much better chance of less trouble

:oldunsure:

Homer walking backwards into the hedge gif

You don't think racist deserve a beating? I'm not saying she is or isn't right now. But if the Hunt's side of the story checks out she's just another entitled loser. No Hunt shouldn't have hit her with his status and all but honestly if you are gonna play stupid games you win stupid prizes and I'm not gonna feel sorry for the girl for being an entitled racist brat in that case. 
Hi, please link your Facebook account so we can all be friends and you can say this in front of all your friends and family.

I have zero sympathy for racist is what I'm saying. If David Duke's was run over by a Semi tonight and died and it was intentional I'd celebrate. Thats how I feel about people like that. You're a waste of oxygen if you have that much hate in you. 
hey GB, this thread isn't about racism. we get it. please stop.

Dude. I hope you’re not a judge.

People who are in an argument/disagreement say things intentionally to provoke the other. At the end of the day words are words. Negative ACTIONS are a whole other thing. Using the N word doesn’t even make her racist. It makes her an idiot for sure. But again, every single one of has been in an argument where we’ve said words we mean or don’t mean. Maybe she meant it because she’s racist. Maybe she only said it to provike him. Either way she’s an immature idiot. Agitation is usually followed by irrational behavior. No matter what, WORDS should not result in physical harm. One offense does not match the other. 

NFL placed Kareem Hunt on the Commissioner Exempt List.

This was expected after the Chiefs sent Hunt home from their practice facility Friday. Hunt will be on paid leave while on the exempt list, meaning he'll make his weekly salary but can't play in any games. The Chiefs have been aware of the domestic violence allegations against Hunt since August, but it wasn't until the release of a TMZ video that the league was forced to step in. Hunt is likely going to miss the rest of the regular season and playoffs while the NFL looks into the incident. Spencer Ware will take over as Kansas City's feature back.

Source: ProFootballTalk on NBCSports

Nov 30 - 7:22 PM

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/30/commissioner-exempt-list-was-the-only-practical-option-for-kareem-hunt/

Never mind the fact that the NFL knew or should have known about the contents of the TMZ video that emerged out of the blue on Friday afternoon. The rest of us didn’t, and once we did the NFL had to act.

And the NFL did the only thing it could, placing Hunt on paid leave (via the Commissioner Exempt list) pending the completion of the league’s investigation and disciplinary process.

With a sudden urgency to keep Hunt off the field given the P.R. firestorm that emerged after the publication of the video, only days after Washington committed a blatant unforced error by making a waivers claim for linebacker Reuben Foster, the NFL couldn’t have suspended Hunt without pay, because the process of imposing discipline and resolving all appeals under the Personal Conduct Policy would have taken more than two days.

So Hunt will be paid to not play until further notice, with a Personal Conduct Policy review followed by a proposed punishment followed by an appeal. Which could mean that, with only 30 days left in the regular season, Hunt likely will miss most of the remainder of the regular season and postseason, depending on the number of games he’s suspended without pay.

The swift action, compelled only by the public emergence of the video and nothing more, does nothing to answer the deeper questions of whether the NFL and/or the Chiefs knew about the video and, if so, why Hunt wasn’t previously suspended. Those dominos can fall in a variety of directions, with a broad range of potential consequences.

Dude. I hope you’re not a judge.

People who are in an argument/disagreement say things intentionally to provoke the other. At the end of the day words are words. Negative ACTIONS are a whole other thing. Using the N word doesn’t even make her racist. It makes her an idiot for sure. But again, every single one of has been in an argument where we’ve said words we mean or don’t mean. Maybe she meant it because she’s racist. Maybe she only said it to provike him. Either way she’s an immature idiot. Agitation is usually followed by irrational behavior. No matter what, WORDS should not result in physical harm. One offense does not match the other. 
Sure they do provoke others. All I'm saying is I don't feel bad for him hitting her for using that language. Kicking her when down yeah that was awful. However before that what did she expect when she called him the N word? I'm gonna laugh at her if she tries to play it off she's the only victim here after using that kind of language. The story with my co worker he tried to play it off to our boss (Do to missing work) how he was the victim. The boss later found out why he was really beat up. He wasn't fired but he was warned any incident like that happened again he was getting let go no matter if it was at work or outside of it. No one looked at him the same after trying to play the victim. She seems like another entitlement teen who didn't get what she wanted so she threw a hissy fit. Wouldn't be surprised if she was threatening legal action if something wasn't done to Hunt after charges were dropped and she gave TMZ the video to leak. 

All in all incident should've been handled and dealt with by the Cops, NFL and Team back after it happened and not festered. Yeah he's an idiot for hitting her and I've been in agreement with that from the start especially considering his status. However if she was using that language and being an entitled brat I really don't feel sorry if someone hit her. If I was at the bar with my friends and one of my buddies got into an argument wth some black guy and started spewing that language and the black guy kicked his ### for it. Well you won't see me jumping in to protect them. I'll be the one holding people back saying let him be accountable for his actions. if it means he's getting a broken face let it happen. Just stop it after you clearly see he's now defenseless and pull the guy off if he's still wailing on him. 

Right, their comparing him to Foster... well one was charge w a crime and the other wasn't.  
"Empathy rarely extends beyond the line of sight".

Hunt deserves to be suspended, no argument there.  But it will be interesting if Hunt ends up missing 10+ games for shoving and lightly kicking (to the point where it barely fazed her really) some random girl who allegedly used racist insults against him while Tyreek Hill is out there running around on the same team despite choking and repeatedly punching his pregant girlfriend because she found out he was trying to cheat on her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember guys, even if public opinion/courts say it's not as bad as Ray Rice, the baseline for suspension is 6 games; It's what Zeke got.

I don’t care what she said (if true), smart people don’t open the door and confront idiots like this chick, you call security or the police and let them handle it. Fact of the matter is he assaulted her. He will pay the price for being an idiot. Also, lets not brush aside that he punched a man not too long ago. There is a pattern of concern that isn’t isolated to this video incident.

kind of surprised by this.

Did something happen other than that little kick at the end?

Ray Rice messed it up for everyone.
The NFL Messed it up with the initial suspension at the time. 

What we know so far :

Girl was underage 19 at a Party Hunt and company found out and kicked her out

Speculative reports early in the day said she had refused sleep with one of the guys in Hunts group

The video footage has a calmer Hunt and then suddenly very aggressive. Multiple reports said she was using racial slurs at him including the N word

After that it seems is when things got out of the control

Police at the time dropped ALL CHARGES do to conflicting reports from the Girl, Hunt, and Key witenesses. 

Another report says Hunt informed team and league of this and another situation during the offseason

Another report says Big Red AKA Andy Reid and Hunt had a meeting in June but Reid would not mention anything other then they had a chat and that was end of it

July Training Camp Hunt says issues in the offseason and he messed up but he's come out of it better man after realizing his mistakes

Then today the video emerges. Conflicting reports saying NFL and KC was aware of a video, to NFL didn't try to get it, too multiple people including the police could not properly obtain the video. 

Hunt was sent home from practice after the Video emerged and KC is working on a statement released tonight or tomorrow. 

Hunt put on Commissioner list with pay till further review

The NFL Messed it up with the initial suspension at the time. 

What we know so far :

Girl was underage 19 at a Party Hunt and company found out and kicked her out

Speculative reports early in the day said she had refused sleep with one of the guys in Hunts group

The video footage has a calmer Hunt and then suddenly very aggressive. Multiple reports said she was using racial slurs at him including the N word

After that it seems is when things got out of the control

Police at the time dropped ALL CHARGES do to conflicting reports from the Girl, Hunt, and Key witenesses. 

Another report says Hunt informed team and league of this and another situation during the offseason

Another report says Big Red AKA Andy Reid and Hunt had a meeting in June but Reid would not mention anything other then they had a chat and that was end of it

July Training Camp Hunt says issues in the offseason and he messed up but he's come out of it better man after realizing his mistakes

Then today the video emerges. Conflicting reports saying NFL and KC was aware of a video, to NFL didn't try to get it, too multiple people including the police could not properly obtain the video. 

Hunt was sent home from practice after the Video emerged and KC is working on a statement released tonight or tomorrow. 

Hunt put on Commissioner list with pay till further review
ahhhh....so NFL being incompetent once again. 

Not sure why they havent learned to get in front of these stories before TMZ and such can make their own drama.

I don’t care what she said (if true), smart people don’t open the door and confront idiots like this chick, you call security or the police and let them handle it. Fact of the matter is he assaulted her. He will pay the price for being an idiot. Also, lets not brush aside that he punched a man not too long ago. There is a pattern of concern that isn’t isolated to this video incident.
Do we even have any background to the story on the guy he punched? I remember hearing about it but no one had any concrete story on what happened. 

ahhhh....so NFL being incompetent once again. 

Not sure why they havent learned to get in front of these stories before TMZ and such can make their own drama.
Rodger is an idiot and teams will continue to employ idiots as long as their talent outweighs the drama. I won't get into a certain player here but thats the story and biggest reason why some guys go unsigned and others do. Unfortunately in sports if your talent and play outweighs the drama you are kept. I've been on record maybe not on this forum yet but elsewhere saying I think if you commit a felony like Mike Vick did you should be premaritally banned from the NFL again. Arrest for a crime should be a 1 year suspension. The next time ban from the league for life. Guys in college who are arrested or charged with assault or R*** or anything should be DQ'd from enter the NFL draft. This league to play is a privilege not an entitled right. If you have the talent don't mess it up. 

People already think I'm an idiot here right now for some of my comments but I'm the type of guy that if I was coaching and Tom Brady showed up to a meeting late he's riding the bench Sunday. Don't care how talented you are no one gets special treatment. People might say I'm the type of coach who'd get fired for something like that but if I can come away with my players being held accountable for their actions and their respect and they know what a privilege they have to play the sport and in the league I'm ok with that. Too many players today think they are entitled and complete babies. Just look at the NBA for Example of that.  

I mean yeah thats how you handle it the right way but we are talking athletes and most of them are a bottle short of a 6 pack to begin with. 

Users who are viewing this thread