What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kareem Hunt, CLE (8 Viewers)

Not to turn this into a political much but we won't be there for awhile when we have a voice of reason according to them to come out in droves with the current person holding the highest of offices in America. I'm simple saying your statement there is something many ignorant people on that side of the isle use. It maybe words to you but words can harm people. I read a story of a girl who was teased in school because of her sexuality. She tried talking to her mom about the depression and she was told get over it. 2 weeks later she's found dead jumped off a bridge in the town. You don't know how words effect certain people do to their mental state. You have people hurt by words who then go shoot up places because of it.
I get your point. Not going to drag it out here.

Wow everyone just acting like that word was for sure said. What if he’s lying about that as an excuse? The only thing I know is the video. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I get your point. Not going to drag it out here.
Me either like I said pointing out you don't know someone's mental state. If I said something to someone and found out they killed themselves because of a comment I'd feel terrible about it. With my own autistic mental state I kind of think differently to begin with but I also know certain words to certain people could hurt someone more. I have a co worker right now I've tried to help but I have to be careful do to her mental state what I say and how I say it.  

His crew was not holding him back when he laid that devastating finishing kick at the end, right?
I guess he should get some credit for not viciously kicking her while she was down on the ground.  He threw his friend with some hulk like strength into her.  That guy wasn't small.  Hunt was obviously raging during the incident.  He thankfully never got a clean shot on her while she was standing.  He owes his buddies.

Wow everyone just acting like that word was for sure said. What if he’s lying about that as an excuse? The only thing I know is the video. 
There's no word that would justify violence. Having said that, that doesn't qualify as violence. Children do that to each other on playgrounds all over the world.

I guess he should get some credit for not viciously kicking her while she was down on the ground.  He threw his friend with some hulk like strength into her.  That guy wasn't small.  Hunt was obviously raging during the incident.  He thankfully never got a clean shot on her while she was standing.  He owes his buddies.
I disagree. While he was raging, he never wanted to intentionally physically harm her. Case in point, at the end he had all opportunity to unload on her but decided not to. 

Wow, 2 pushes and a light leg kick. That's some pretty weak stuff to get fired over.
Does intent not matter?  

Because it is clear he had very bad intentions and it took a lot of force by several people to hold him back and do much worse to her. 

I guess i just don't get the excuse making for assaulting a woman. It's pretty simple - men should not hit women. I learned that around age 6.
Looked to me like she was a major instigator.   If a man did that, everyone would say he deserved to be hit.

I didn't see ANY hits either.  Some shoving and a nudge with the foot to knock her over.  Not a beating and not a kick either.

I disagree. While he was raging, he never wanted to intentionally physically harm her. Case in point, at the end he had all opportunity to unload on her but decided not to. 
you may be right.  I have no idea what was in his head. He did hold back when he had a clean shot on her.  It definitely wasn't a Ray Rice KO incident.  Still very stupid situation he got himself into.  

Does intent not matter?  

Because it is clear he had very bad intentions and it took a lot of force by several people to hold him back and do much worse to her. 
Intent, are you serious? Results are all that matter.
If I had ebola and and intended to kill someone by sneezing on them, but failed. Do I get charged for murder?
If I drive drunk and kill a family of 5, but it wasn't my intent. Do I get a pass?

Hunt shoved multiple people. Why isn't he being roasted for all of the other people he pushed? I mean, it's all on video. Why stop at nailing him for attacking a single person?

Looked to me like she was a major instigator.   If a man did that, everyone would say he deserved to be hit.

I didn't see ANY hits either.  Some shoving and a nudge with the foot to knock her over.  Not a beating and not a kick either.
Ok let me rephrase - you don't put your hands on a woman.  And I don't understand people trying to justify it.

If people want to argue his legal and professional punishment, have at it.  For instance, I think if Mixon is allowed in the league, then there's still. room for Hunt.

The Chiefs also had the Javon Belcher murder/suicide in 2012. He killed his girlfriend. Then drove to the stadium parking lot and killed himself in front of Romeo Crennel IIRC. They played (and won) the next day. Was weeks before Sandy Hook.
Man forgot about that. That was horrible.

Ok let me rephrase - you don't put your hands on a woman.  And I don't understand people trying to justify it.

If people want to argue his legal and professional punishment, have at it.  For instance, I think if Mixon is allowed in the league, then there's still. room for Hunt.
I'll go as far as putting 10% of the blame on Hunt and 90% on her.  Politically incorrect as that may seem.

Thats what I've been saying for the past 2 1/2 hrs now be prepared to be called a women beater by one poster and a bunch thinking you are trolling and stuff. 

yep.  There is no justification for what Hunt did.  I would venture a guess that 100% of black guys have been called bad words by white woman at some point in their life.  99%+ of them don't attack the woman.  People need to stop acting like most guys would do the same thing that Hunt did regardless of what she said.

Hunt f'ed up.  His buddies probably saved him from it being far worse.  He'll get another chance in the NFL due to his friends having level heads and restraining him.

The entourage buddy snatching the one girls phone and deleting the video just delayed all of this.   He knew what was going to happen.

He’s spazzing out and trying to attack a young girl when he could have just walked back into his room.   No doubt he would have done a lot more damage if not held back.  I’m in the camp he’s done for good.

The entourage buddy snatching the one girls phone and deleting the video just delayed all of this.   He knew what was going to happen.

He’s spazzing out and trying to attack a young girl when he could have just walked back into his room.   No doubt he would have done a lot more damage if not held back.  I’m in the camp he’s done for good.
I missed this or you are the first person who has said anything about it. 

yep.  There is no justification for what Hunt did.  I would venture a guess that 100% of black guys have been called bad words by white woman at some point in their life.  99%+ of them don't attack the woman.  People need to stop acting like most guys would do the same thing that Hunt did regardless of what she said.

Hunt f'ed up.  His buddies probably saved him from it being far worse.  He'll get another chance in the NFL due to his friends having level heads and restraining him.
No, he was not being held back by anybody at the end of the video but still did not do "far worse".

He was not being held back at the end of the video by anybody but did not do "a lot more damage", as you state. 

Yes it has and I'm being really serious I've yet to see or hear about someone deleting video. Haven't seen it mentioned here till you did now 
Ok I’m assuming he was deleting stuff, he rips the phone out of the girls hand while she’s recording, scampers down the hall and is pushing buttons on the screen as she looks like shes yelling to give her phone back.  

You might be right, but it would be such bullcrap if that was the result.

I noticed. I also noticed a lot of the white knights in here can't acknowledge the double standard.
It's pretty pathetic and when you call them out on it they become a bunch cowards and attack you instead. I literally brought up I believe it was you the exact point if this was a guy Hunt hit all these white knights would be saying good job to Hunt. Or at least he's an idiot for "attacking" the guy but props to him for sticking up for himself. The people always crying about Women's equality are usually the ones who are still trying to hold them back still

He was not being held back at the end of the video by anybody but did not do "a lot more damage", as you state. 
Huh I swear I see a woman holding onto his arm still as he try’s to boot her.  Are you guys seeing the alternate view of the vid? 

Pride, emotions, the raging hormones of young adulthood, a volatile mixture to be sure.  A mixture prone to erupting, particularly if fueled additionally by intoxication (which I do not know about here).  

It is a cruel joke of nature that by the time we gain the maturity to better control our emotions that our hormones drop, negating some of the urgency of having that improved judgement.

I'm glad I came of age in a time where video was far less ubiquitous.  Now almost all young folks can look forward to being judged on their worst moments and having those memorialized for all time.

WE need to embrace walking away until passions cool.  Unfortunately that lesson takes time to take hold.  I cannot claim that I have it mastered, though I do generally practice this now, in my declining years.

Ok I’m assuming he was deleting stuff, he rips the phone out of the girls hand while she’s recording, scampers down the hall and is pushing buttons on the screen as she looks like shes yelling to give her phone back.  
Why didn't she drag her friend out of there? Instead her first thought is to record whatever happens? What a scavenger and gold-digging skank.

Is this the girl who's running after what seems like Hunt to the corner top left but going for a phone instead? I'm asking about the deleting stuff here simple because when everyone was asking if there was video people knew about or not this was not brought up before. I had read different things like there was no video to it was hard to get it by anyone attempting to for whatever reason security footage wise. 

I hope he does get a chance at some point.  I hate this ruination of someone because of something like this.  It won't be with the Chiefs however.

Huh I swear I see a woman holding onto his arm still as he try’s to boot her.  Are you guys seeing the alternate view of the vid? 
Yes, because we all know one woman is strong enough to hold back a 220lb NFL running back. I'm pretty sure if he really wanted to he could have gotten to her at that point. 

Thats what I've been saying for the past 2 1/2 hrs now be prepared to be called a women beater by one poster and a bunch thinking you are trolling and stuff. 
Yep.  I expect those type of reactions because that is what our society has become.  And you know I'm not trolling.  Hunt is in the room and comes out with a "will you guys leave us alone expression".  She is absolutely confrontational and probably drops the "N" word around that point.  I truly feed bad for Hunt.   While I agree he should "walk away", that isn't always easy especially when likely everybody in the video has had a few drinks.

And, preemptively, I'm not biased by any shares of Hunt

Is this the girl who's running after what seems like Hunt to the corner top left but going for a phone instead? I'm asking about the deleting stuff here simple because when everyone was asking if there was video people knew about or not this was not brought up before. I had read different things like there was no video to it was hard to get it by anyone attempting to for whatever reason security footage wise. 
Dunno. You can’t miss it at about the 1.00min mark on the YouTube video.  You can see what looks like her recording.  

Why didn't she drag her friend out of there? Instead her first thought is to record whatever happens? What a scavenger and gold-digging skank.
Didn't think of that but yeah she is. Kind of puts things into well did she intentionally do this hoping for a cash grab? This is why so many pro athletes and people in entertainment need to be so careful. Are there scumbag athletes and entertainers who take advantage? Absolutely. But theres scumbags looking for a quick pay day not caring if they intentionally ruin a persons career do to lies. 

Very True, but if millionaires are gonna act a fool you can expect it.  It’s not like they don’t have classes explaining this to them.  

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty pathetic and when you call them out on it they become a bunch cowards and attack you instead. I literally brought up I believe it was you the exact point if this was a guy Hunt hit all these white knights would be saying good job to Hunt. Or at least he's an idiot for "attacking" the guy but props to him for sticking up for himself. The people always crying about Women's equality are usually the ones who are still trying to hold them back still
Ok I've been a little slow on the uptake. But i think i get it now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're championing equality for women by saying they should be able to be assaulted on equal footing as men, right?  Call me old-fashioned, but I'm of the opinion that men should not take advantage of their physical dominance over women. I'm also of the belief that women should take the last names of their husbands and other such antiquated notions. But it's 2018 and this old dog is willing to learn some new tricks. So I'll keep an open mind to your way of thinking.  Cheers. 

Yep.  I expect those type of reactions because that is what our society has become.  And you know I'm not trolling.  Hunt is in the room and comes out with a "will you guys leave us alone expression".  She is absolutely confrontational and probably drops the "N" word around that point.  I truly feed bad for Hunt.   While I agree he should "walk away", that isn't always easy especially when likely everybody in the video has had a few drinks.

And, preemptively, I'm not biased by any shares of Hunt
I had Hunt in one league but it was no way a money league and I had ample talent covering him. Still picked up Ware and Cut him after the video knowing something would happen. 

Users who are viewing this thread