Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty Kareem Hunt Cleveland Browns

11 minutes ago, Banger said:

Got Kamara’d yesterday and thinking of throwing a Hail Mary with Hunt tomorrow.  With 4 wr’s out due to COVID restrictions and Hunt being the receiving back I could see him being on the field a lot in a receiving role...at least that’s what I’m telling myself.  Sound logic?

I mean. Sure. Name a better option if not. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drop 100% of the non-football talk and trying to defend any actions justifying violence against women. Full stop. 

The reason Hunt is going before Ware:  1. When people were taking Ware, they knew that there was a 3rd round rookie RB who had been getting 1st team reps lurking behind him. Now that Ware is out

It might be time to take a little break from the internet. 

3 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I mean. Sure. Name a better option if not. 

Possibly Pollard depending on zeke or Coutee...all pretty close but I think playing the Jets and having no wr’s might put him over the top.  Had Coutee in there to start.  

4 minutes ago, Banger said:

Possibly Pollard depending on zeke or Coutee...all pretty close but I think playing the Jets and having no wr’s might put him over the top.  Had Coutee in there to start.  

3 minutes ago, davidwb said:

He may be a split out most of the game...will see more snaps than usual.

Yeah now that I've caught up with the news I don't think it is a close call anymore. If it was before. That said if Zeke is out I might reexamine any other flex spots to get Pollard in. 

7 minutes ago, davidwb said:

He may be a split out most of the game...will see more snaps than usual.

Expect MONSTER attempts for Hunt tomorrow especially in the passing game.

---------------------------------------------------------

ESPN Stats & Info@ESPNStatsInfo

The Browns will have 0 WR active Sunday who have caught a pass from Baker Mayfield this season.

The Browns have rushed by design on 47.4% of plays this season, 3rd highest in the NFL.

They've averaged 152.6 Rush YPG this season, also 3rd highest in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, Synthesizer said:

He will get more snaps but that doesn’t mean he will get the ball more than normal.  He is great at getting separation against LBs but I seriously doubt he can do the same against CBs.

Agreed. Have to think that  the Jets D will be inching up much closer to the line of scrimmage than normal and dare one of these practice squad WRs to beat them deep.

Between Hunt and Hooper (and possibly Harrison Bryant), who else is there to throw to?

BTW, would not be surprised to see instances of Chubb in the backfield and Hunt split out wide with Chubb getting the checkdowns.

• Like 2

I'm cautiously optomistic that the missing guys at WR will have a positive effect on Hunt's usage.  That said, I agree that it's highly unlikely that Hunt splits out as a WR for a good chunk of this game.  The NFL is "next man up" in these situations, and most of the time, next man up doesn't involve playing players out of position.  When SF was missing basically their entire offense earlier this year, Richie James went for 9/184/1 out of nowhere.  The guy has caught 11 passes the rest of the season in total.  Somebody else will step up at WR for CLE today, assuming they even need that to happen.  It's certainly possible that they just run the ball like 50 times.... who knows.  

All of that said, I've been debating between Hunt and Davis all week.  Not in love with either situation, but this news is probably enough to push me towards going with Hunt.  

Kareem Hunt rushed four times for 11 yards and one touchdown in the Browns' Week 16 loss to the Jets.

The Browns offense was understandable pathetic with six offensive contributors sidelined. Baker Mayfield was throwing to practice-squaders at receiver, and Cleveland's offensive line wasn't nearly as good without LT Jedrick Wills and RG Wyatt Teller. Hunt did score late and added 3-41-0 as a receiver to somewhat save his fantasy line. Overall, it was a disappointing game for all involved. Hunt will be an RB2 option against the Steelers in Week 17.

- Rotoworld

Kareem Hunt rushed 10 times for 37 yards in the Browns' Week 17 win over the Steelers, adding a four-yard reception. 

With the 41-yard day, Hunt — who appeared in all 16 games for the first time since 2017 — finishes with 1,145 yards from scrimmage as the Browns' 1B back. Oddly uninvolved over the past three weeks, the Browns will need to find more creative ways to get Hunt the ball as they try to spring a Wild Card upset in next week's rematch with the Steelers.

- Rotoworld

Kareem Hunt rushed eight times for 48 yards and two scores in Cleveland's Wild Card blowout against the Steelers.

Hunt had an early hand in helping Cleveland tie a franchise record with 35 first-half points in a playoff game, rushing for an 11- and eight-yard touchdown in the first quarter alone. Although he was effective in spelling Nick Chubb inside the red zone, Hunt was still notably out-touched 22-9 and ceded four targets including a 40-yard screen pass to his backfield teammate. Hunt has also averaged just 9.8 touches in his last five games. He'll continue to be viewed as Cleveland's lesser-used back in the Divisional Round against Kansas City.

Jan 11, 2021, 12:06 AM ET

Kareem Hunt rushed six times for 32 yards in the Browns' Divisional Round loss to the Chiefs, adding a two-yard reception. 

Bafflingly, Hunt registered zero official first half touches, with his only handle being wiped away by penalty. His usage reverted to normal after the break, but it was a microcosm of Hunt's stretch run, where he has held to fewer than 10 carries in 4-of-5 games, including the Wild Card Round. As expected, Hunt was one of the league's best backup backs this season, still looking capable of being an every-down player as he tacked 38 receptions onto a surprisingly robust 198 carries. That number was goosed by Nick Chubb missing four games. The starting time will not be 2021, however, as Hunt signed a two-year, $13.25 million extension before Week 1. With Chubb arguably the league's best pure runner, 26-year-old (in August) Hunt will remain a 1B for the Browns and low-end RB2 in fantasy. 2021 is the final year of Chubb's deal. 

- Rotoworld

I still think a team would give a high pick to have Kareem Hunt and Cleveland should look to deal him.

2 hours ago, The Frankman said:

I still think a team would give a high pick to have Kareem Hunt and Cleveland should look to deal him.

I don’t see that happening, not only would a team give up a high draft pick, but then they still have to pay Hunt $6 million a year and then resign him shortly when his contract is up to a bigger contract. 

2 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

I still think his FF dynasty value of late 1st is too much

He was RB10 this yesr, and RB17 from week 10 on (when he came back from his suspension) last year. 

Plenty of room for downside but he has been heavily outperforming his consensus value since he signed in Cleveland. 

12 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

He was RB10 this yesr, and RB17 from week 10 on (when he came back from his suspension) last year. 

Plenty of room for downside but he has been heavily outperforming his consensus value since he signed in Cleveland. 

Another dud game v KC. Got lucky & had a TD

16 hours ago, The Frankman said:

I don't agree, but I hope you're right. That would then give me hope Chubb gets extended. Letting him move on after 21 is probably for the best though. It's just hard thinking letting the best runner in the game walk is the right thing to do. 

2 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

Another dud game v KC. Got lucky & had a TD

What more would you have liked to see him do with the 6 touches and 1 target?

Hunt seems pretty cut and dry to me.

He's proven he's a solid middling RB2 with top 5 type upside if Chubb goes down. (and I realize Chubb went down this year but I believe Hunt was battling through a groin injury of his own at the time).

When I hear people say he has no value I truly wonder what the are talking about.

The above all assumes he is in Cleveland with Chubb but I think the dynamic might get a bit interesting when Chubb gets extended. It's one thing to be playing second fiddle to Chubb when you are yourself  still in your prime and an NFL rushing champ with a legit three down skillset but it's a whole other thing when you are doing that and getting paid probably 50% or less then Chubb. Be interesting to see how Hunt handles that, if it starts getting to point he starts squawking. I've said this many times about Hunt here and other places. I hate it for my dynasty teams he signed that contract, I hate it for him even more.

Edited by menobrown
1 hour ago, Helaire-ious said:

6 touches is the point. That's not 1st round worthy IMO

Six touches isn't "a point" related to Hunt unless this is a thread about the Browns' game planning this week.

If you want to argue he lacks the skillset or the ability to shoulder the workload, then make that argument but frankly, he's demonstrated that he has both of those things based on an adequate "sample size". 

• Laughing 1

Guys -- volume, usage, and situation are the key determinants in fantasy points, even over skill and talent. If Hunt finds himself getting only seven touches, he's a seven touch back. Yes, he was RB1 this year, but if his touches kept declining as the year went on, that's worrisome.

• Thanks 1

Chubb went from 22 the week before to 15 touches, are his touches declining to? 73 combined yards on 15 touches and no TD’s, Chubb must be a dud also.

No one is disputing this is a time share with Chubb getting the bigger piece when both are healthy. When Cleveland’s offense plays poorly, not gonna get much out of Hunt for sure. In games where both played Hunt was RB28 in my leagues in PPG, a flex worthy RB3 which is about right. Hunt’s value is tied to the fact he could start for other teams so a small outside chance of a trade or if Chubb gets injured or Chubb walks next year.

Is that worth a late first? IDK, you be the judge. He’d be worth a lot more if he hadn’t signed that extension so his value right now is to a Chubb owner or bargain shoppers willing to hold him for a year or two. I don’t think that will bring a late first in the off-season during rookie fever, but I could see it in season and definitely if Chubb gets hurt again.

1 hour ago, Buckna said:

. In games where both played Hunt was RB28 in my leagues in PPG, a flex worthy RB3 which is about right.

This seems like an odd scoring system that is not reflective of Hunt's value in a standard PPR league. In every league I'm in if you back out Hunt's games without Chubb he's RB20 in PPG average, around 14.36 PPG.

And if did not take out the games Chubb missed he is still RB20 on average and he actually scored LESS in the 4 games that Chubb missed in PPG, down to about 13.5.

This is pretty consistent with his production last season. Which is why I said in earlier post it's not that complicated, he's a solid and by solid I mean middling RB2, with Chubb.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, menobrown said:

This seems like an odd scoring system that is not reflective of Hunt's value in a standard PPR league. In every league I'm in if you back out Hunt's games without Chubb he's RB20 in PPG average, around 14.36 PPG.

And if did not take out the games Chubb missed he is still RB20 on average and he actually scored LESS in the 4 games that Chubb missed in PPG, down to about 13.5.

This is pretty consistent with his production last season. Which is why I said in earlier post it's not that complicated, he's a solid and by solid I mean middling RB2, with Chubb.

You are right, I double checked and he came in at RB23 not 28. Not sure where I got the RB28 from, brain fart I guess

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

2.01. Hunt just isn't a difference maker unless Chubb gets hurt. In SF format there will be some good options at 2.01.

I'm not so sure, if you look at his games this year, with and without Chubb, he was productive almost every weekend. Finished top 10 and while yes he had 4 games without Chubb that spiked his numbers, he still had 7 weeks of double digits scoring with Chubb playing too....

1 hour ago, ffmail4me said:

I'm not so sure, if you look at his games this year, with and without Chubb, he was productive almost every weekend. Finished top 10 and while yes he had 4 games without Chubb that spiked his numbers, he still had 7 weeks of double digits scoring with Chubb playing too....

He only had three top 10 games (one without Chubb), three top 20 (one without Chubb), and was 21st in ppg. I don't consider that productive every weekend. It's playable, but not desirable.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ffmail4me said:

Yeah I remember. But I wouldn't call that a difference maker. I would call it chalk. And necessary chalk. Hunt isn't a bad guy to roster with this type of outlook. I'm just looking for more and I think 2.01 in SF gets that for me. I've been a huge Hunt fan since he was drafted, but his ceiling is mostly capped, yet I recognize he has a chalk floor that isn't bad. Last year I got 3 shares of Jefferson in SF at 2.01, 2.03. and 1.11. There were soooooo many other great names in that area as well. Should be this year as well. Names that have higher potential ceilings than Hunt can have. 

5 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

2.1 rookie pick in a PPR SF dynasty league or Hunt? 

SF, the pick. Regular PPR league you are right in the range where I think a team would consider parting with him and someone would be willing to pay that.

We are in rookie fever part of the year so I could see a lot of people saying the pick instead though.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

He only had three top 10 games (one without Chubb), three top 20 (one without Chubb), and was 21st in ppg. I don't consider that productive every weekend. It's playable, but not desirable.

yeah he had some pretty bad games in there

Hunts role seemed to become a bit murky as the season went on. I don’t know if this was caused by game script or because Chubb is clearly a superior talent which kept Hunt off the field. Either way I’d be a tad bit nervous to be starting Hunt in my RB1 or 2 slot next year. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, The Show said:

Hunts role seemed to become a bit murky as the season went on. I don’t know if this was caused by game script or because Chubb is clearly a superior talent which kept Hunt off the field. Either way I’d be a tad bit nervous to be starting Hunt in my RB1 or 2 slot next year. 

I think that's fair, but I think he's a hell of a flex starter ;)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Helaire-ious said:

Hunt's value is all over the map. For example, his owner in my dynasty PPR wanted my AJB for Hunt LOL

Did you tell him he could wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled first? 

• Laughing 1
3 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

Hunt's value is all over the map. For example, his owner in my dynasty PPR wanted my AJB for Hunt LOL

That is embarrassing...tough to play in a Dynasty league where someone is that obvious that he is there to rip people off.

Edited by Boston
  • Like 1
On 1/30/2021 at 8:24 AM, ffmail4me said:

I think that's fair, but I think he's a hell of a flex starter ;)

Agreed, he is a classic value pick in the 5th or 6th round in redraft, but his hot start may lead folks to overvalue him next year. 

On 1/30/2021 at 12:26 AM, The Show said:

Chubb is better. Hunt is good enough to justify a near 50-50 split though. Talking snaps. I get the workload split wasn't 50-50.

I've been pretty big on Hunt's talent throughout his career so I own him in a bunch of leagues.

I'm not huge on a guy locked in to the lessor role of a RBBC going forward.  While guys can have a good year or two in this scenario it's unusual for it to last much longer than that.

So with that said I've been looking to move him.  Despite owning him in many leagues I've yet to find a single owner in a single league willing to move anything decent for him.  He seems like one of those classic guys where on message boards it's great to rationalize out that his numbers make him a great flex/solid RB2, etc, but when push comes to shove and owners are looking at ACTUALLY moving away a piece for him they're unwilling to pay anything of note for that.

Even trade calculators have him way overvalued in this sense.  Trade calcs say 1.07+Hunt should net me AJ Brown or JK Dobbins while getting a sweetener back on top, but the reality is no one is going to pay anything like that and Hunt is probably considered a negligible piece in any offer made on a real player.

• Like 1

Chubb owner and I would like to acquire Hunt for the insurance against injury. Thinking of waiting for the second rd of the rookie draft and offering the Hunt owner my 2.12 pick for him. Hoping he has a passion for some rookie that is still on the board.

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:

Chubb owner and I would like to acquire Hunt for the insurance against injury. Thinking of waiting for the second rd of the rookie draft and offering the Hunt owner my 2.12 pick for him. Hoping he has a passion for some rookie that is still on the board.

There is ZERO percent someone is going to let Hunt go for the 2.12 pick. I'd say 1.12 is FAR more realistic to acquire him. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Honestly not a bad strategy especially if you are not concerned about actually acquiring Hunt as there is obviously a good chance the owner doesn’t bite. As a Hunt owner in one league I might very well consider an early or mid 2nd if there was someone on the board I really liked. Never underestimate rookie fever.