What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kareem Hunt, CLE (7 Viewers)

Um. It's not great, but using the term "brutalized" is definitely sensationalizing the event. 

He shoved her and instead of walking away...she stepped up for more words. 

She gets knocked over by the guy that got shoved...but she didn't hit the wall herself. 

Kicking someone when they're down is bush league...but neither did he curb stomp her.

Why do people get upset when they get in a physical confrontation that they could have avoided? 

And comparing this to Ray Rice sucker punching his lady is absurd. 

I think an NFL player pushing and kicking a 19 year old woman is the definition of brutal. In fact, brutal doesn't go far enough.

Disclaimer: Chiefs Fan

He shoves her. She close fist punches him. He tries to get at her and possibly shoves someone into her and she gets knocked down. She is trying to get up and kicks her to make her lose her balance. Maybe that kick is hard enough to leave a bruise, maybe not. It wasn't bad in my opinion but it was still wrong (if that makes sense).

My guess is that the media attention will pressure the NFL into taking some measure even though the already reviewed and determined none was necessary 9-10 months ago.

Who cares about the freaking title? 

THIS IS TMZ WE'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Not exactly the New York Times here fellas.

That kick at he gave her at the end when she was down is going to be his "Ray Rice eerily nonchalant after knocking out his wife" moment, with only thing going for him is he did not look to deliver a direct big blow to her at any time but I don't think that's going to be enough in his corner.   He won't get Ray Rice'd because he can still play, but really next to impossible to not see him get the full 6. Just a matter of now or next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded for him less than 24 hours ago in a dynasty league. Gave up a poo-load.  Literally sick to my stomach right now.

Nate Taylor

@ByNateTaylor
 In case you were wondering, the belief is that the Chiefs are learning of this Kareem Hunt video in real time as we are.

1:50 PM - Nov 30, 2018

Brooke Pryor

@bepryor
 So far no statement from the Chiefs on the video released by TMZ of Chiefs running back Kareem Hunt shoving and kicking a woman in a Cleveland hotel hallway. 

There were police reports created from the Feb. 10 incident, but charges weren't filed.

1:56 PM - Nov 30, 2018

I'm not sure how everyone is missing the injury to the woman.  When he pushes the man into the woman, she goes face first into the corner of the hallway/doorway and when she tries to get up, she is clearly staggered and then goes back down, where he then adds in his little kick.  The woman appears to me to take a significant blow when you watch the "alternative view".

The NFL "had" to know of the possibility of such a video like this leaking out. So, they based their decision of no discipline on this possibility. Bad move here.

Also, did you see the clown grab the girl's cell phone at the end while she was presumably recording the incident?

Um. It's not great, but using the term "brutalized" is definitely sensationalizing the event. 

She gets knocked over by the guy that got shoved...but she didn't hit the wall herself. 

Kicking someone when they're down is bush league...but neither did he curb stomp her.

Why do people get upset when they get in a physical confrontation that they could have avoided? 

Agreed. This is not even remotely the same as the Rice incident. The Rice incident was horrifying, like if we hadn't seen his girlfriend again, the assumption would have been he had killed her, with him dragging her out of an elevator while knocked out. 

This sucks, but is basically an argument with no real damages. He shouldn't have kicked her, though it was more of a foot shove than a kick. But he should absolutely see some discipline from it. If the league wants to make a major statement, I could see banning him from the Playoffs, though that probably wouldn't be fair to the Chiefs since their is no precedent(that I am aware of) for suspensions this late in the season.

Nate Taylor

@ByNateTaylor
 In case you were wondering, the belief is that the Chiefs are learning of this Kareem Hunt video in real time as we are.

1:50 PM - Nov 30, 2018

Brooke Pryor

@bepryor
 So far no statement from the Chiefs on the video released by TMZ of Chiefs running back Kareem Hunt shoving and kicking a woman in a Cleveland hotel hallway. 

There were police reports created from the Feb. 10 incident, but charges weren't filed.

1:56 PM - Nov 30, 2018
TMZ seems to be reporting otherwise

team CEO Clark Hunt publicly stated in August he doubted Hunt would be suspended.

Andy, you gotta watch the alternate view, she absolutely goes face first into the wall.

This sucks, but is basically an argument with no real damages. He shouldn't have kicked her, though it was more of a foot shove than a kick. But he should absolutely see some discipline from it. If the league wants to make a major statement, I could see banning him from the Playoffs, though that probably wouldn't be fair to the Chiefs since their is no precedent(that I am aware of) for suspensions this late in the season.
Did you seriously watch the video and then type that?

Gross, dude.

Agreed. This is not even remotely the same as the Rice incident. The Rice incident was horrifying, like if we hadn't seen his girlfriend again, the assumption would have been he had killed her, with him dragging her out of an elevator while knocked out. 

should a player be exempt from suspensions just because it's close to the playoffs? should a suspension be any different because of when the crime occurs or goes public?

The NFL would have already acted, no?  Especially if they knew of/had access to the video way back in February.  I will add that I own Ware in the 2 high stakes teams I made the playoffs in, so there's that. 
Right, because there's no history of the league disciplining a player without even trying to determine if there's video evidence. 🙄

Did you seriously watch the video and then type that?

Gross, dude.
I think what is happening is people are not seeing the alternative view. It looks much worse. At first glance of the first video, I agreed it didnt look bad. The other view is worse. it is weird though, the body cam showing her certainly doesnt look like she was seriously injured.

Just watched the video. My initial impression was that he looked more like a belligerent d-bag than a domestic abuser, but I must admit the kick is very troubling.

Nate Taylor

@ByNateTaylor
There is no way this can be true.  When you watch the video interview of the girl just after the ruckus by the police, she mentions wanting to watch the video to see what happened.

Man, I picked up Spencer on waivers a couple of days ago because the guy dominating my league has Hunt and I figured why not just in case he tweaks an acl. Never would’ve guessed this lol

Watched again. She doesn't hit her head. It's her hand that's holding her phone and purse, which is why they end up on the floor. 
I think you're right.  I just watched it again and attempted to go "frame by frame" as much as the video would allow.  Don't think her head/face makes contact with the wall. 

I think the comparison is more that there is a video...where the event was reported and nothing happened...but now video makes it more real and hard to ignore.

How did the nfl see this and not suspend him. ? Makes zero sense based on everything historical. As for the chiefs , no way they can play him , just no way with this leaking. 

Wonder why it got leaked on a Friday? You'd think when TMZ wants to release something that they'd hold till a Monday or Tuesday.  I doubt he gets suspended this week. Just before east coasters leave work on a Friday is one of the worst/best times to release info to the public depending what side your on.  I know when NFL teams release a loveable vet they typically do closer or on a weekend.

Man, I picked up Spencer on waivers a couple of days ago because the guy dominating my league has Hunt and I figured why not just in case he tweaks an acl. Never would’ve guessed this lol
Did the same...more of an injury cuff and after all the bye weeks and with Collins being overtaken by Gus the Bus I had the room.

How did the nfl see this and not suspend him.  Makes zero sense based on everything historical. As the the chiefs , no way they can play him just no way with this leaking. 
They got their poster boy last year, in Zeke. They didn't have a political need to suspend Hunt. 

I gotta think that the NFL was prepared for this and already have an action plan for the this scenario emerging.

I'd think it will not take long for them to come down on this.

should a player be exempt from suspensions just because it's close to the playoffs? should a suspension be any different because of when the crime occurs or goes public?
In theory, no. But we've seen a lot of cases where things get drawn out, so they have no resolution until a year down the line.

I can't recall any other incidents this late in the season off the top of my head though, so who knows how the league will treat it.

I gotta think that the NFL was prepared for this and already have an action plan for the this scenario emerging.
If that's the case, why not get out in front of this in February when the incident was first reported?  Why wait for the video to surface?  Looks bad on the NFL and the Chiefs if that's the case.  Like they were hoping it would all go away and they wouldn't have to deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread