Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

RB Kareem Hunt, CLE

3 hours ago, Team Smokin' said:

The Browns with Hunt will make the call on how much he plays in week 12. Yes, there is a bye week 13. If I were management I would play him if cleared and he passes all the tests. I would want to win this game using the best possible game script to produce that result. I would also limit Hunt's usage if need be and go with game flow.

Personally I own Hunt in two leagues and he will most likely not crack the lineup in either as much as I would be giddy playing him if fully up to speed. I have luxury of waiting until week 14. I would say he nets 3-5 catches and 40-60 total yards and a .5 chance at a TD this week. He's good for 10-12 points with upside. Wouldn't surprise me to see him score a TD and get you 15-17 points either. 

Yeah, I only have him in one. He rides the bench this week with foreman starting. 

Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said Kareem Hunt (calf, IR) will play in Week 12 against the Ravens.

Right tackle Jack Conklin is also expected to be activated from injured reserve and return to the field on Sunday. Cleveland will likely be short several receivers since Jarvis Landry, Donovan Peoples-Jones, and Anthony Schwartz are all dealing with injuries, but Hunt's return should pad some of the team's receiving production. Nick Chubb averaged 18 carries in five games with Hunt this year and remains the stronger RB1 option over his teammate.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 26, 2021, 1:10 PM ET

I personally have a tough decision ahead between Hunt, A. Jones or Dillon for my RB2. My hope is that Jones is inactive and roll with AJ, if not do I bet that Jones returns to full load RB1 status or take the safe floor with Hunt in a game they should be passing more than usual??

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dmac37 said:

I personally have a tough decision ahead between Hunt, A. Jones or Dillon for my RB2. My hope is that Jones is inactive and roll with AJ, if not do I bet that Jones returns to full load RB1 status or take the safe floor with Hunt in a game they should be passing more than usual??

If Jones sits, your decision is easy.  But if he plays, why is he automatically a must start over Dillon?  I know, strange question, right?

Week 10 - Dillon played 36 snaps and scored 26.8 PPR FP on 23 touches
Week 10 - Jones played 34 snaps and scored 12.6 PPR FP on 11 touches

Week 9 - Dillon played 24 snaps and scored 13.0 PPR FP on 12 touches
Week 9 - Jones played 40 snaps and scored 5.3 PPR FP on 12 touches

Week 8 - Jones played 48 snaps and scored 24.0 PPR FP on 22 touches
Week 8 - Dillon played 29 snaps and scored 7.8 PPR FP on 16 touches

Week 7 - Jones played 41 snaps and scored 8.9 PPR FP on 11 touches
Week 7 - Dillon played 13 snaps and scored 1.8 PPR FP on 4 touches

Week 6 - Jones played 35 snaps and scored 21.0 PPR FP on 17 touches
Week 6 - Dillon played 25 snaps and scored 5.9 PPR FP on 11 touches

Week 5 - Dillon played 21 snaps and scored 17.9 PPR FP on 12 touches
Week 5 - Jones played 44 snaps and scored 14.9 PPR FP on 18 touches

Week 4 - Jones played 45 snaps and scored 12.9 PPR FP on 18 touches
Week 4 - Dillon played 29 snaps and scored 10.7 PPR FP on 16 touches

Even though Jones has outsnapped Dillon in every game (except when he got hurt in week 10), Dillon has managed to outscore Jones in 3 out of 7 games.  Could Jones keep up with Dillon if the snaps were reversed?

• Like 1

I just watched Kareem Hunt's status to Healthy and just now from Healthy to Questionable. Not to throw another wrinkle into this but...

I have Hunt in two leagues. 

League 1 Sanders, Patterson, Pittman > Hunt unless Patterson is a no go

League 2  Chubb, Jacobs, M Gordon > Hunt unless I get giddy with the positive news and swap him for Gordon. Doubt it. Even D Hilliard is now a consideration for a Flex play over both of them. Wow. 

Browns activated RB Kareem Hunt (calf) from injured reserve.

Browns coach Kevin Stefanski has already said Hunt, who the team listed as questionable, will be active for Sunday night's game with the Ravens. Out since Week 7, Hunt's workload is hard to predict behind Nick Chubb, but injuries at receiver should create a few more targets and lead to a run-heavy game script. The Browns also activated RT Jack Conklin ahead of Week 12.

Nov 27, 2021, 10:18 AM ET

On 11/17/2021 at 1:35 PM, menobrown said:

He's not going to play until week 14

I'll happily take the L here.

This marks the third RB this year to miss multiple weeks and return to their game before the bye. Montgomery and CEH were the other two but they were knee injuries and not soft tissue, not what I expected for sure but glad to see it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, menobrown said:

I'll happily take the L here.

This marks the third RB this year to miss multiple weeks and return to their game before the bye. Montgomery and CEH were the other two but they were knee injuries and not soft tissue, not what I expected for sure but glad to see it.

Yeah for sure. Thinking about paying the deposit to send my 1st for Hunt and a 3rd in a league I am right on the verge of making a strong playoff push. But...probably not. 

Glad to be getting him back in some others spots. I meant to tell you after our small back and forth on CEH that I did end up starting him over Darrel last week in all spots. Very glad I did. And I don't really have many shares of Monty but I managed to bench Herbert on MNF that week Monty came back, which was a tough choice. I have a *lot* of Herbert. 

But yeah I can point to a couple other calls that worked out for me but then there are 100 others I messed up on. 

TLDR we're all throwing Hunt out there tomorrow, right?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Golden Gopher said:

Pretty much.  Would you start him over Damien Harris (who is questionable against TEN)?  

What you said. Yep. If Stevenson is out it is closer but I do agree with the take I've been seeing out there that with so many receivers down for Cleveland, they would be wise to feature Hunt in the passing game, which he is obviously very good at. And they have never been shy about using him near the goal line. 

That said I don't hate the Damien Harris situation if he plays and Stevenson is out. But targets >>> carries for me.

6 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

What you said. Yep. If Stevenson is out it is closer but I do agree with the take I've been seeing out there that with so many receivers down for Cleveland, they would be wise to feature Hunt in the passing game, which he is obviously very good at. And they have never been shy about using him near the goal line. 

That said I don't hate the Damien Harris situation if he plays and Stevenson is out. But targets >>> carries for me.

Yeah, for me, I think it's just that Hunt has a higher floor.  You never know what might happen in NE, with both backs questionable.  Could be a split, could be clear (one plays one doesn't), or could be a total mess (both active, but one gets most of the work, meaning the other does nothing).  No idea.

• Like 1

Kareem Hunt rushed seven times for 20 yards in Week 12 against the Ravens.

Hunt played 39% of snaps in his first game action since Week 7. The gameflow was working in his favor this week with Cleveland chasing the Ravens the entire game. Hunt wasn't involved in the pass game, getting just one target, but he's in line for a larger receiving role in Cleveland's post-Beckham offense. Hunt gets another matchup with the Ravens when the Browns return from their bye in Week 14.

Nov 29, 2021, 1:03 AM ET

• 2 weeks later...

Browns RB Kareem Hunt (ankle) will undergo an MRI on Monday.

The MRI is "precautionary," with coach Kevin Stefanski saying Hunt could have returned to Sunday’s game if needed. That's an encouraging sign, though even if he avoids a sprain, Hunt's Week 15 status is still in question. D'Ernest Johnson and rookie Demetric Felton would pick up Hunt's snaps if he's forced to miss time.

SOURCE: ESPN

Dec 12, 2021, 10:46 PM ET

Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said Kareem Hunt (ankle) is unlikely to play in Week 15 against the Raiders. 

Hunt went down with the ankle injury in Week 14 versus the Ravens and was unable to return. He got a precautionary MRI following the game but Stefanski noted that he could have returned if needed. That seems a bit optimistic now as Stefanski called him week to week on Monday. The Browns also get a slightly short turnaround this week as they play the Raiders on Saturday. D'Ernest Johnson saw five touches last week and should be in line for backup duties versus Las Vegas. 

RELATED: 

D'Ernest Johnson

, Nick Chubb

SOURCE: Tony Grossi on Twitter

Dec 13, 2021, 1:12 PM ET

Any gut thoughts on K Hunt? For one, I hear he cannot be placed on another 3 week minimum IR and that would essentially put em out till week 18, hence he's week to week and likely out 15 and 16. I think CLE is scrambling to sense what's going on themselves. I would think since CLE is still in this thing they would like to see K Hunt back by week 17 to help secure a playoff spot. No guarantees on Hunt returning to his elite player performance level this year though.

What else do I think? Hunt is done. Just like CMC. There's hope, but he could be done.

If he's done then I can get on with my roster and waiver wire.

Coach Kevin Stefanski said Kareem Hunt (ankle) is not expected to play Week 16 against the Packers.

Hunt also remains on the Browns' COVID list, but Stefanski said the ankle is going to keep him out against Green Bay. Nick Chubb played 66% of the snaps against the Raiders Monday with Hunt sidelined. D'Ernest Johnson carried the ball once and was targeted four times on 32% of the snaps behind Chubb.

SOURCE: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter

Dec 22, 2021, 2:26 PM ET