What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alvin Kamara, NO (7 Viewers)

His head hit the turf awkwardly, but I don't think he's concussed. I was worried about his neck. He did pop right up and sprint off the field 

Top 5 in next year's redraft.

I realize there will be personnel changes in the offseason we can't predict, but who would you take ahead of him in next year's redraft? 

David Johnson..probably.  But who will be his QB?  Leveon..I'd say yes but its close for me, esp if Ben hangs em up.  Then its Alvin right?

ETA: AB would be the only WR in the conversation I think..

ETA2:  Maybe Gurley. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize there will be personnel changes in the offseason we can't predict, but who would you take ahead of him in next year's redraft? 

David Johnson..probably.  But who will be his QB?  Leveon..I'd say yes but its close for me, esp if Ben hangs em up.  Then its Alvin right?

ETA: AB would be the only WR in the conversation I think..
DJ, Bell, Zeke, Gurley, Brown.  

Don’t know about that. He’s coming off a major injury, has a history of injuries, he’s not the biggest guy. I could see an Ingram/Kamara type situation.
Injury dislclaimer is another subject. You can worry about his health but he's special. He was the centerpiece of the offense before he got hurt and only thing that will keep from being the centerpiece of the offense next season is if he his health is not up to it. Latavius has been solid, Dalvin is special. Zero percent chance Dalvin Cook is in a healthy timeshare, zero.

Injury dislclaimer is another subject. You can worry about his health but he's special. He was the centerpiece of the offense before he got hurt and only thing that will keep from being the centerpiece of the offense next season is if he his health is not up to it. Latavius has been solid, Dalvin is special. Zero percent chance Dalvin Cook is in a healthy timeshare, zero.
We will see. Murray was injured himself when Cook took the load. 

We will see. Murray was injured himself when Cook took the load. 
Honesty there won't be anything to see. Night and day here, you are confusing a solid backup playing a solid stretch with a special back that since early training camp the team had identified as a star and centerpiece of the offense. I said that back in August and it's true now as it was back then.

Yes but if Ben retires?
That would not be a positive but I think bigger concern I'll have with Bell heading into next season, heck even a little concern I have with him for ROS, is his massive workload. I believe he's running around 100 snaps more the #2 RB heading into this week, which is Gurley. That is two full games worth of extra snaps. Then add in 1-3 more playoff games. I'm legit worried about it enough that I've identified him as one of my top guys to sale on a dynasty team.

In my local big money league, Kamara is the 2nd leading scorer among RB/WR/TE in a TE premium league. We also have unique scoring that rewards bonuses for TD length AND we get double points (12) for non-traditional TDs. A RB receiving a TD is considered non-traditional. I drafted him at the 9.09 slot!!

Ok, I will take the bait. What's the argument to take Fournette over Gurley, Bell, Zeke, DJ, or AB? 
I meant Fournette top 5, not necessarily over anyone.

However, if Bell leaves Pitt or Ben retires, his FF value goes into question. AB is getting older. Zeke has off field issues. Where would you rank Fournette then?

However, if Bell leaves Pitt or Ben retires, his FF value goes into question. AB is getting older. Zeke has off field issues. Where would you rank Fournette then?
I'm thinking the ADP stays with fournette around 7-8 even if any of the above happens, with DJ and Karama mixed in there somewhere. You are correct though he's right there and could finish higher than some of those players.

Of course everyone has some worries. Ben and AB could be dealing with a new QB and a worse offense. Same with DJ. Zeke has off field issues. Fournette has ankle issues and QB/offense issues. Kamara has issues with workload. I can't account for any future unknowns, but here's my rankings for next year based on what we do know

1. Zeke  2. Gurley   3. Bell   4. DJ   5. AB   6. OBJ   7. Hopkins   8. Kamara   9.Gordon   10. Forunette 11. Ingram   12. ???

Of course everyone has some worries. Ben and AB could be dealing with a new QB and a worse offense. Same with DJ. Zeke has off field issues. Fournette has ankle issues and QB/offense issues. Kamara has issues with workload. I can't account for any future unknowns, but here's my rankings for next year based on what we do know

1. Zeke  2. Gurley   3. Bell   4. DJ   5. AB   6. OBJ   7. Hopkins   8. Kamara   9.Gordon   10. Forunette 11. Ingram   12. ???
Good list.  Dalvin Cook maybe.

Good list.  Dalvin Cook maybe.
Yeah, he makes a ton of sense but the sample size was really small and Murray may have earned a role. I am sure someone will have a hot streak the next 4 weeks and jump up big time in drafts. Maybe Derrick Henry or Joe Mixon. Funny we aren't even mentioning Hunt. Crazy how the season turns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Ingram (toe) was held out of Tuesday's practice.

It's a downgrade after Ingram was limited on Monday. It's quite possible the Saints are just managing Ingram's reps on a short week, but his Week 14 status cannot be taken for granted. Were Ingram to sit for Thursday's game against the Falcons, Alvin Kamara would be the RB1 overall for the first week of the fantasy playoffs
:unsure:

Id rather ingram play. Why change what works?
How can anyone argue the production since Peterson left? Yet there is more variance involved in less touches. This late in the season, I'm ok seeing Kamara get 25 touches. As much as the Saints get around the GL, it's almost a sure thing a Saints RB scores every game. No Ingram on the GL would open up some highly desirable touches for Kamara. 

How can anyone argue the production since Peterson left? Yet there is more variance involved in less touches. This late in the season, I'm ok seeing Kamara get 25 touches. As much as the Saints get around the GL, it's almost a sure thing a Saints RB scores every game. No Ingram on the GL would open up some highly desirable touches for Kamara. 
Yes timing is the key here IMO.  If this is Week 4 I'd say lets keep Kamara fresh.  Week 14-16?  Bring it.

Unless you're playing against him.  Then  :X  and  :wall: work very well. 

I bet. I was lucky enough to get him in the 11th rd of a semi dynasty league, so obviously I'm a bit biased here, but regardless of fantasy stakes or real world football alliances, this guy is just super exciting to watch! 

Users who are viewing this thread