What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alvin Kamara, NO (5 Viewers)

Kamara really is a slick receiver. That 30 yard back shoulder fade was really nice. Was he being doubled on it as well?

Let's discuss.

1.  Ingram fumbled twice in 4th qtr when the game was still one possession.

2.  He fumbled a third time earlier in the game but luckily was ruled down.

3.  Ingram and Payton was arguing on the sidelines after that clock killing fumble and Payton mouthed "F you".

4.  Payton's history with backs that fumble.

Is this the excuse Payton has been looking for to start Kamara moving forward?  Ingram is gone after 2017.  Kamara is the future.  It's week 9.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/10/saints_mark_ingram_fumbles.html

"Coaches showed more faith in Ingram this game. After his fumble, he carried the ball on two of the next four offensive plays.

But, after the second fumble, the Saints gave three straight handoffs to Alvin Kamara on the next drive...

It's unclear how Ingram's fumbles will impact his role moving forward. Kamara has looked capable of handling a bigger role, so he could get more touches if coaches aren't confident in Ingram."

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's discuss.

1.  Ingram fumbled twice in 4th qtr when the game was still one possession.

2.  He fumbled a third time earlier in the game but luckily was ruled down.

3.  Ingram and Payton was arguing on the sidelines after that clock killing fumble and Payton mouthed "F you".

4.  Payton's history with backs that fumble.

Is this the excuse Payton has been looking for to start Kamara moving forward?  Ingram is gone after 2017.  Kamara is the future.  It's week 9.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/10/saints_mark_ingram_fumbles.html

"Coaches showed more faith in Ingram this game. After his fumble, he carried the ball on two of the next four offensive plays.

But, after the second fumble, the Saints gave three straight handoffs to Alvin Kamara on the next drive...

It's unclear how Ingram's fumbles will impact his role moving forward. Kamara has looked capable of handling a bigger role, so he could get more touches if coaches aren't confident in Ingram."
Yes please.

I wouldn't write Ingram off so quickly and I believe most teams need at least 2 capable RB. I agree that those fumbles could open the door for Kamara to see more touches but I would think they may want to slowly ramp up Kamara's touches and see how he responds. Putting the fumbles aside, Ingram has proven to be a pretty darn good RB. I love what I have seen from Kamara so I am hoping he keeps it up.

I was thinking along the lines that Kamara will now get more goal line carries.  If they don't trust Ingram or want to send a message to him that's the area where ball security is most important.

Ingram won't get phased out.  This is a two back offense.  But a few more touches and goal line carries for Kamara makes him a RB1 since he's already their best pass catching back.

the team has been on fire and the productivity of these two backs is a big part of that. unless ingram fumbles early in the next game i dont think they change much of anything.... kamara will continue to get 8-10 carries and a decent part of the passing game... and can be counted on for 8-15 points each week in ppr with upside for more dependign on TD's

iamkoza said:
...and can be counted on for 8-15 points each week in ppr with upside for more dependign on TD's
His lowest outing post-AP is 11.7; I think that's closer to his floor.  I'm thinking ~15 PPG, with both a floor and celing within 4 of that.   

His lowest outing post-AP is 11.7; I think that's closer to his floor.  I'm thinking ~15 PPG, with both a floor and celing within 4 of that.   
This is kind of how I saw him when they dealt AP and he's been what I hoped, but in general saw him as a 15 PPG guy on the average.

I'll say regarding his floor and since AP left is it's actually a bit more impressive he's done what he has the last few games because none of the game scripts worked out in his favor. They went down early to Green Bay on the Aaron Jones run but got back in front and in general have played high majority of the time these last few weeks in the lead. I think you have to go back to 2009 to find a 3 game stretch where Brees attempted this few amount of passes. Ingram is involved plenty as a receiver but more passing would be a major benefit to Kamara.

This is kind of how I saw him when they dealt AP and he's been what I hoped, but in general saw him as a 15 PPG guy on the average.

I'll say regarding his floor and since AP left is it's actually a bit more impressive he's done what he has the last few games because none of the game scripts worked out in his favor. They went down early to Green Bay on the Aaron Jones run but got back in front and in general have played high majority of the time these last few weeks in the lead. I think you have to go back to 2009 to find a 3 game stretch where Brees attempted this few amount of passes. Ingram is involved plenty as a receiver but more passing would be a major benefit to Kamara.
The other wild card is the "hot hand" factor since Kamara isn't strictly a 3rd down back any more than Ingram is strictly a 1st and 2nd down back. Ingram can catch passes and Kamara can run the ball...

I'm all in

(my RB2 ROS in standard)

1 more fumble from Ingram & AK could be on the filed inside the 10 more often than not for the Saints

The other wild card is the "hot hand" factor since Kamara isn't strictly a 3rd down back any more than Ingram is strictly a 1st and 2nd down back. Ingram can catch passes and Kamara can run the ball...
I think this is the future of the NFL right here. Have 2 guys who can do everything so personnel does not give away what the play calling will be. Unless you are one of those teams that can get away with just one workhorse, which seems to be fewer and fewer.

I have Kamara on one of my teams and just don't see his role increasing all that much. Maybe gets a few more touches, but the Saints don't have depth at the position. Hoping things change, but I'm trying to be realistic. 

I've been starting both Ingram and Kamara in one league week in week out since AP was traded. It feels good not having to worry about Ingram's role being scaled back/him being punished due to those 4th quarter fumbles. This backfield is absolute money in PPR.

he's my #1rb now
He became my No. 1 RB when Cook got hurt. He's easily been my best Waiver Wire pickup of the season. Nobody else is close. I wouldn't expect his role to change but right now he's got about a 15-point floor in PPR which is rock solid. It's safe to say there's at least one more "Miami" (i.e. 10-reception game) in the mix moving forward since Peyton loves him so much and Kamara's versatility as a receiver provides so many possibilities. I hated not having Tevin Coleman last season when he was so cheap to acquire. I got the 2017 version and I couldn't be happier.

I've been starting both Ingram and Kamara in one league week in week out since AP was traded. It feels good not having to worry about Ingram's role being scaled back/him being punished due to those 4th quarter fumbles. This backfield is absolute money in PPR.
I run that duo out in two leagues and absolutely love it, tried to pull it off in some other leagues and could not get Kamara.  Last year I ran out the Falcon duo and last few years the  Bengal duo (when it was just Hill/Gio) and this to me is the best duo yet. Key to any successful RB duo is heavy passing game involvement, only way to make both viable plays and increase overall upside of starting both and no one throws to their RB's like Saints.

This will be a dumb thing to say BUT that patience, body control and vision in such a long run kind of reminds me of Dj or leveon. The ability to pick up so many yards with seemingly minimal effort.
It's not dumb, that was a very special run. The way he was able to keep his balance and break that leg tackle despite being so low to the ground was crazy.

Anyone trade or take offers for him in redraft/dynasty? I am curious what non-owners think of him?

Anyone trade or take offers for him in redraft/dynasty? I am curious what non-owners think of him?
I just traded Stafford for him in redraft. That team's RB3 for my QB2. He becomes my RB1 and Stafford becomes his QB1. Win-win.

Nope. 1 QB and 1 RB with a RB/WR flex. Point per first down rushing and receiving. 

Other team has Gurley, Gordon, and McKinnon still. Just lost Jameis and only had Dalton. Good match for a trade. 

I started the year with David Johnson, Dalvin Cook, Ty, and Chris Carson......  :ptts:

Users who are viewing this thread