What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alvin Kamara, NO (1 Viewer)

Most enjoyable player I've had on any team since Jamaal Charles' monster season with the Chiefs.

Most enjoyable rookie I've had since Chris Johnson. 

Not saying he's the best (although he sure could be when it's all said and done) but I just love watching him play, how Payton is using him and how he's producing.  
He's my most enjoyable dynasty own since young versions of Gronk and Shady.  

Would you rather have Kamara or Gordon going forward in a dynasty half PPR league?  I keep flip-flopping on that question.

Would you rather have Kamara or Gordon going forward in a dynasty half PPR league?  I keep flip-flopping on that question.
Kamara for me, but while I think Gordan is a good overall RB, I don't think he's great. Kamara has special skills, and while he may not get the touches a guy like Gordon does, he does so much with them. 

Over the past 5 weeks Ingram is the RB2 (23ppg) and Kamara is tied with Gurley as the RB4 (20.6ppg). On the season they are the RB9 and RB10 respectively. 

What is the most productive tandem in the history of the NFL?

Over the past 5 weeks Ingram is the RB2 (23ppg) and Kamara is tied with Gurley as the RB4 (20.6ppg). On the season they are the RB9 and RB10 respectively. 

Good question. I'll throw out some guesses... freeman and Coleman last year. Or that year Holmes put up rb1 numbers then he got hurt and lj put up rb1 numbers. 

Hello fellow Kamara owners.  Anyone locking down Jonathan Williams as handcuff for this ridiculously productive rushing offense?

In redraft, I drafted Ingram, and picked-up Kamara the week before Peterson was traded. Best move I've made all year, and been playing both Ingram and Kamara since.

So, no, I'm not either.

Okay so 538 tackled this.

The Saints’ Running Back Tandem Could Be The Best In History

They're on pace for 2940 yards from scrimmage. The record belongs to Walter Payton and Roland Harper who combined for 3,207 yfs in 1978. 

Imagine if Peterson wasn't with NO for the first 4 weeks of the season. 

Okay so 538 tackled this.

The Saints’ Running Back Tandem Could Be The Best In History

They're on pace for 2940 yards from scrimmage. The record belongs to Walter Payton and Roland Harper who combined for 3,207 yfs in 1978. 

Imagine if Peterson wasn't with NO for the first 4 weeks of the season. 
The only RB duo in my time of playing fantasy that was almost, sorta, kinda like this is Charles + Jones in 2010.

Charles 1935 total yards 8 TDs

Jones 1018/6

"The only thing stopping him from being Rookie of the Year is me." Sean Payton said that.

Wow. I get it, he has two fantastic backs, and the team are using them in tandem as well as you could, given the team's offensive success.

Payton has held back the careers of both Ingram and, apparently in his own mind, Kamara as well. Both backs look like they could be 3-down backs on any NFL team.

But the tandem back approach -- when it works, it really works.

"The only thing stopping him from being Rookie of the Year is me." Sean Payton said that.

Wow. I get it, he has two fantastic backs, and the team are using them in tandem as well as you could, given the team's offensive success.

Payton has held back the careers of both Ingram and, apparently in his own mind, Kamara as well. Both backs look like they could be 3-down backs on any NFL team.

But the tandem back approach -- when it works, it really works.
Was a little bit of a weird comment.  Ingram has been crushing, so no problem there from a real world perspective.

I was assuming fornette would have the most value currently and then kamera would be second? Maybe some prefer hunt? 
In a ppr league, id take Kamara over Fournette. Kamara has 2k total yards, 80 receptions potential and healthy ankles and feet right now.

Really.  He wins the big one, would be a perfect time to step away from the game (ala Peyton).  I personally think he returns, but the contract details will be interesting.  Do they give him more than 2 years on a new deal?

Really.  He wins the big one, would be a perfect time to step away from the game (ala Peyton).  I personally think he returns, but the contract details will be interesting.  Do they give him more than 2 years on a new deal?
I think its closer to a formality that he returns than it is a big assumption. He said he wants to go on a year to year basis. Hes 38 and still has years left of being productive unlike Peyton.

Users who are viewing this thread