Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

RB Alvin Kamara, NO

Faust

Alvin Kamara rushed 22 times for 155 yards and six touchdowns in the Saints' Week 16 win over the Vikings.

Congrats on winning your fantasy championship. Kamara's six-touchdown performance ties the NFL record set in 1929 and is the third-highest non-PPR finish in NFL history. It shows just how important he is to the Saints while Drew Brees declines in his age-41 season. Kamara runs behind one of the league's best offensive lines but consistently creates on his own at the second and third level. Like always, Kamara was involved as a receiver (3-17-0 on five targets), too. It's possible Kamara doesn't handle as big of a workload in Week 17 ahead of the NFL playoffs, but Kamara locked up fantasy player of the year with this legendary game on Christmas evening regardless.

Dec 25, 2020, 7:32 PM ET

10 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

Did you explain to him that FF is 75% luck?

Ha. He knows the deal. He just turned 17 and this is his 3rd year in our dynasty league. He won it all in his 1st season. 

More than FF he just loves football. Has played for years. Him and a few boys went out around 11 pm Christmas eve to play in the snow. He was actually rooting for Kamara to score when Taysom ran his one in so he could witness history. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tombonneau said:

I think the fate of us Kamara folk who lost last weekend is more lamentable. 

:suds:

This.

Although, in my league the two teams in the championship game get a prize pay-out, but so do the top two highest scoring teams through 16 weeks. Still in the hunt for the overall points prize, so I'll take it. Annoyed that Irv Smith blew up yesterday while doing nothing in my starting line-up last week.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, farfromforgotten said:

He just turned 17

13 hours ago, farfromforgotten said:

Him and a few boys went out around 11 pm Christmas eve to play in the snow.

Bet he needed some eye drops for his red eyes after playing in that snow...notorious problem for teens going outside at night to play with their friends 

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

According to Adam Shefter, Kamara has tested positive and is OUT Sunday. The question now is if he can return for their first playoff game.

Rotoworld take:

Alvin Kamara (COVID-19) would be eligible to return for a Sunday game on Wild Card weekend but not Saturday. 

That's if he "remains asymptomatic and receives medical clearance." The Saints still have an outside shot at the No. 1 seed and a first-round bye, but they will almost certainly be suiting up in round one. If and when that's the case, Kamara's fate will fall to the NFL's schedulers. We wouldn't put it past the league to do all they could to get the Saints close to full strength, but there will be other compelling considerations beyond Kamara's health. This season unlike any other rolls on. 

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Jan 1, 2021, 5:57 PM ET

Alvin Kamara (COVID-19) tweeted Thursday "see y’all Sunday."

Kamara is ineligible to rejoin the team in person before Sunday morning — the Saints play the Bears at 4:40 PM ET — but he has been practicing digitally. This is not a joke. Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, Kamara is participating "remotely via TVU networks technology." Kamara has a "transceiver," a "live video decoder." Coach Sean Payton is even mic'd up so he can "guide Kamara through his plays and prep him as if he were actually practicing." All of this, of course, is contingent on Kamara remaining negative for the coronavirus, but every sign points toward him returning after missing Week 17. 

SOURCE: Alvin Kamara on Twitter 

Jan 7, 2021, 8:37 PM ET

• Like 1

Saints activated RB Alvin Kamara from the reserve/COVID-19 list. 

Kamara's COVID absence ended up with its best-case scenario outcome. Kamara misses only one game and won't have to take a private plane to join the team on Sunday since the game is in New Orleans. He just has to test negative one more time and he will be ready to rock vs. a defense he went 9/96 against as a receiver earlier this season. The Bears were near the bottom of the table in terms of running back fantasy points permitted, but Kamara is still the second best play on Sunday's three-game DFS slate. 

Jan 9, 2021, 4:30 PM ET

• Like 1

Alvin Kamara rushed 23 times for 99 yards and one touchdown in the Saints' Wild Card win over the Bears.

He caught both of his targets in the passing game for 17 yards, out-touching Latavius Murray 25-6 in a backfield dominating performance fresh off the COVID list after testing positive last week. Kamara was activated literally just in time for the game, he wouldn't have been eligible if the Saints played Saturday. Kamara spent all week training virtually, but nobody would've guessed it. Kamara's touchdown came from three yards out in the fourth quarter to put New Orleans ahead 21-3. He was later pushed out of bounds inside the five while seeking a second touchdown. Kamara and the Saints will host the Bucs next weekend. Kamara totaled 115 yards and three touchdowns on 31 touches across two meetings with the Bucs in the regular season.

Jan 10, 2021, 8:20 PM ET

Alvin Kamara rushed 18 times for 85 yards and caught 3-of-6 targets for 20 yards in the Saints' Divisional Round loss to the Bucs.

It was Kamara's ninth 100-yard game of the season after he accomplished the feat seven times during the regular season. Kamara looked well on his way to a mammoth receiving year, but his receiving numbers flat-lined for a stretch when Taysom Hill was the quarterback for a month when Drew Brees was out with broken ribs. Kamara's season ended with 187 rushing attempts for a career-high 932 yards and 16 scores on the ground. He also set career-highs with 107 targets for 83 grabs, 756 yards, and five scores through the air. Kamara was rewarded with a long0-term extension in 2020 and will be the focal point of the Brees-less Saints offense in the coming years. Kamara will be a top-three fantasy pick next summer.

Jan 17, 2021, 10:27 PM ET

On 1/10/2021 at 2:08 AM, BigTex said:

I'm thinking it's the perfect time to sell. (Dynasty)

Tex

I’m going to float his name around and see what I can get in a non-PPR.  I have Taylor and Akers to build around so if I can move him for someone worthwhile I will.  I worry about his productivity without Brees.  Will still be a first round talent but I no longer see him as a top 3 pick.  

Edited by skillz

• 3 weeks later...

The Athletic's Jeff Duncan reports Alvin Kamara "refused to wear the contract tracing device issued by the NFL and mandated for all players and coaches."

Per Duncan, it was "an internal issue all season." It meant the league had no way to trace Kamara's close contacts when he tested positive for COVID-19 in Week 17. Already fined nearly $1 million for various COVID violations this season, the Saints are under yet another investigation. This one could come with heavy discipline, including the loss of a legit draft pick. 

SOURCE: Jeff Duncan on Twitter 

Feb 6, 2021, 9:08 PM ET

• 3 months later...

ALVIN KAMARA RB, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

The Athletic's Larry Holder reports Saints head coach Sean Payton could "lean heavily" on Alvin Kamara and Latavius Murray early in the 2021 season. 

"Given the shift and uncertainty at quarterback" following Drew Brees' retirement, Holder said he wouldn't be surprised if Payton shifted more touches to Kamara and Murray. Last season, Kamara led the team with 187 carries while Murray recorded 146 rushes. The pair combined for 106 receptions -- 83 from Kamara. Taysom Hill getting the Week 1 starting job -- an unlikely scenario, per beat reporters -- could hinder Kamara's pass game involvement. Kamara saw 18 targets in Hill's four 2020 starts -- a drop off from his target dominance with Brees under center. Kamara remains a locked-in first round fantasy pick and Murray profiles as a worthy late-round selection as a back who has some weekly usage. Murray has been a no-brainer fantasy starter when Kamara has been sidelined in recent seasons.

RELATED: 

Latavius Murray

SOURCE: The Athletic 

May 31, 2021, 10:23 AM ET

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, tangfoot said:

With today's MT news, he should be in serious consideration for #1 overall and not fall to any further then #3 in redrafts.

I had the opposite reaction.  I worry that this could be one more reason for Payton to go non-conventional and start Hill at QB.  As a Kamara dynasty owner, I'm terrified of the potential of Hill starting.  We should have more clarity on the QB job by the time redraft season kicks into full gear, but I really feel like Kamara's value will swing immensely based on the outcome of that competition.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mene said:

I had the opposite reaction.  I worry that this could be one more reason for Payton to go non-conventional and start Hill at QB.  As a Kamara dynasty owner, I'm terrified of the potential of Hill starting.  We should have more clarity on the QB job by the time redraft season kicks into full gear, but I really feel like Kamara's value will swing immensely based on the outcome of that competition.

Idk, it seemed like Hill locked onto Thomas pretty tightly at the expense of other targets when he played last season. That could be both a reason he’d end up spreading it around to others including Kamara more, as well as a reason to be less inclined to go with him as the starter if Thomas is out

1 hour ago, -jb- said:

AKs receiving numbers plummeted with TH at QB. 

Undoubtedly. My point was only that one part of that was because Hill was heavily targeting MT. As a Kamara owner I’d still rather see Jameis but a Hill - Thomas combo likely means more targets than a Hill + Thomas combo

• 1 month later...

Alvin Kamara rushed 20 times for 83 yards in the Saints' Week 1 win against the Packers, adding three catches for eight yards and a touchdown. 

The New Orleans offense revolved around Kamara early on. His day would have been more impressive had the Saints not benched their starters in the fourth quarter, up big against a lifeless Packers team. Kamara commanded 20 percent of Jameis Winston's pass attempts -- enough to quell concerns about his pass game involvement in the team's post-Brees offense. He'll be an elite RB1 option as per usual next week against Carolina. 

• Faust changed the title to RB Alvin Kamara, Saints
  • 2 weeks later...

Alvin Kamara rushed 24 times for 89 yards and caught 3-of-4 targets for 29 yards and a touchdown in the Saints' Week 3 win over the Patriots.

This was a workhorse game for Kamara, who had 10 first-quarter touches and 16 of his 27 touches in the first half. Kamara walked in untouched on a red-zone pass from Jameis Winston for his touchdown. He was used to run clock in the second half, and lost a goal-line carry to Taysom Hill, who converted an RPO from four yards out. The Saints made a point to center their offense around Kamara after he had just eight carries last week. Kamara has at least 80 yards and a touchdown in two of the first three games to open the season and will be a top-10 running back play against the Giants in Week 4.

Alvin Kamara rushed 26 times for 120 yards in the Saints' Week 4 overtime loss to the Giants. 

Kamara was vultured for two rushing scores by Taysom Hill. Kamara's new career high for carries came as he drew zero targets in the passing game, an extreme rarity. The Saints were gutting New York on the ground, and backup Tony Jones was lost to a first half ankle injury. Kamara has now cleared 20 carries three times in four contests after entering 2021 with just one such effort his entire career. It's affecting his passing-game usage, but coming close to offsetting his lost points in fantasy. Kamara will still have huge pass-catching afternoons, as well. For Week 5 he gets a Washington defense fresh off getting shredded by Cordarrelle Patterson.

Yeah, kinda seems like his value has gone in the toilet (relatively speaking). Between Hill vulturing TD's and the Brees-era checkdown game going away, his upside is WAY down.

Through 4 games this year he has 14 targets and 10 catches. So averaged out to a 16 games season (I know we're playing 17 now, but this keeps the math easier), that's obviously just 56 and 40.

Last year he had 107 and 83 in 15 games

2019- 97 and 81 in 14 games

2018- 105 and 81 in 15 games

So yeah....its not good. Debating trading him for a WR/RB combo of some sort (my team needs some help) before everyone else realizes the problem.

• Faust changed the title to RB Alvin Kamara, NO
36 minutes ago, Scooby1974 said:

Well.........they got the L too....so hopefully someone figures out how to get their best player the ball in space.

Right, I dont understand how NO isn't force feeding him the ball. The only proven playmaker on the team right now. 

I get it. I really do. Because I own him. And I’m 1-3 and facing another loss this week.

But I love how we are complaining about a 26 carry 120 yard game, in an era where it’s hard to find a guy that totes the rock 10+ times.

The positive may be Tony Jones carted off means Kamara will continue to be the workhorse and maybe even more so. 

Tony Jones also had 3 targets in this game, which I find odd.

1 minute ago, VikingFrog said:

I get it. I really do. Because I own him. And I’m 1-3 and facing another loss this week.

But I love how we are complaining about a 26 carry 120 yard game, in an era where it’s hard to find a guy that totes the rock 10+ times.

The positive may be Tony Jones carted off means Kamara will continue to be the workhorse and maybe even more so. 

Tony Jones also had 3 targets in this game, which I find odd.

I'm just upset that his TD's are being vultured by Taystinks Hill. His Running touches are great.

Alvin Kamara had 16 rushes for 71 yards and a touchdown in the Saints' Week 5 win against Washington, adding five receptions for 51 yards and a touchdown. 

Kamara calmed any and all fears stemming from his zero-target stat line in Week 4, returning to his shifty ways on designed screens from Jameis Winston. Kamara, who was tied for the team lead with eight targets on the day, often found himself wide open against a Football Team defense that seemed uninterested in covering anyone on Sunday. His red zone work was notable after Taysom Hill was carted to the New Orleans locker room with a concussion. A lengthy Hill absence could mark a massive shift in Kamara's fantasy fortunes going forward. The Saints head into their bye at 3-2, with a matchup against a Russell Wilson-less Seahawks team in Week 7. 

Oct 10, 2021, 4:25 PM ET