What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alvin Kamara, NO (2 Viewers)

I don't know what but something will happen in season.  I just can't see this being the Saints plan for 16 games. Injury always a possibility of course.  ADP demanding a trade then just getting outright released?  Gameday inactive for one of them.  Can't put my finger on it but something has to happen.
Or can happen at least. I picked him up because I don't know what he is yet. The guys you're dropping for him, you probably have a pretty good idea what they are (or aren't).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not as high on him as others (I can't believe he's 215 lbs, he looks way smaller than that IMO), but Payton traded up to get him so he's going to want to prove to everyone how smart he is- he'll get a bunch of opportunities.

Picked him on a whim Monday morning. Couldn't be any happier with usage. I'm really hoping this turns into something. I'm desperate. What do you guys think his outlook for standard is?

People ain't talking about this guy enough.  

He was supposed to be a pick for the future, Ingram and ADP had the backfield on LOCK.  He out snaps them BOTH in week 1? HELLO.  

Watching his touches, the Saints ran several pass plays specifically for him that got blown up by the Vikes.  A screen out of full house, another screen as well.  Man, this guy might be solid flex starting now.  

People ain't talking about this guy enough.  

He was supposed to be a pick for the future, Ingram and ADP had the backfield on LOCK.  He out snaps them BOTH in week 1? HELLO.  

Watching his touches, the Saints ran several pass plays specifically for him that got blown up by the Vikes.  A screen out of full house, another screen as well.  Man, this guy might be solid flex starting now.  
They were blown out. He's the pass catching back. 

He's still worth a look depending on your league setup but that situation was perfect for him. It won't always be. 

The Saints did try to run the ball a fair amount in the first half. 16 rushing attempts to 14 pass attempts It just wasn't working. Nothing was really.

Sean Payton calls time outs near the end of the half because the Vikings offense is starting from their five yard line, the Vikings get first downs and end up scoring with 7 seconds left, thanks in part to those time outs.

I'm starting the lead back for the Saints this week. We saw how much trouble the Pats might have against receiving backs. 

They were blown out. He's the pass catching back. 

He's still worth a look depending on your league setup but that situation was perfect for him. It won't always be. 
Yeah when will anyone score on the saints again?

Payton is one coach you don't mess with. Curious how long ap is on the team. 

This is likely to be his high point on the season but he's definitely startable in PPR IMO.
I drafted him in ppr redraft game for that very level of production. Regrettably, I lacked the gonads to start him and he was on my bench. I think this is the sign that he is startable.

Yeah? Looks like he's the best RB on a good offense. Not so sure we can't expect more games like this.

Only had 5 carries.
I still think Ingram is better, but Payton loves Kamara and wants to prove to everyone how smart he was for drafting him so he's going to continue to come up with creative plays for him. I don't expect him to get 10 receptions and a TD too many more times, and I don't think they plan on giving him too many carries (barring injury).

I like him a lot in redraft but I'm wary of him in dynasty due to Brees age.  If I am able to sell him for a good price after this game I will probably do that.  

Yeah? Looks like he's the best RB on a good offense. Not so sure we can't expect more games like this.

Only had 5 carries.
But 10 catches. Carries might go up but that's definitely a high water mark for catches. 15 touches seems the high end of realistic touches in a game. 

I like him a lot in redraft but I'm wary of him in dynasty due to Brees age.  If I am able to sell him for a good price after this game I will probably do that.  
Meh, i dont feel like that logic should be applied to a rb, any nfl level qb (except newton) can throw screens and checkdowns. 

I can see that making more sense for someone like thomas tho

My 4th RB. Need to upgrade wr and can't get any offers for anyone fml lol
Had the same problem last week. My 5th RB and need WR help. No takers.

I imagine that will change this week but it will take one heck of an offer now.

I still think Ingram is better, but Payton loves Kamara and wants to prove to everyone how smart he was for drafting him so he's going to continue to come up with creative plays for him. I don't expect him to get 10 receptions and a TD too many more times, and I don't think they plan on giving him too many carries (barring injury).
No offense:  Nothing here is a reason why I should put a cap on his outlook.  

No offense, but I wasn't trying to get you to put a cap on his outlook. Just giving my opinion.
Apologies, maybe I wasn't clear:

Your opinion isn't backed up with anything.

Payton loves Kamara, and wants to prove how smart he is and jibberjabberyadayada

Your opinion is Payton likes one of his draft picks, and is going to get the ball to him in creative ways, so clearly this is his ceiling?

Copy that.

Apologies, maybe I wasn't clear:

Your opinion isn't backed up with anything.

Payton loves Kamara, and wants to prove how smart he is and jibberjabberyadayada

Your opinion is Payton likes one of his draft picks, and is going to get the ball to him in creative ways, so clearly this is his ceiling?

Copy that.
You could actually copy what I wrote because I didn't say "clearly" this is his ceiling. I think it likely is, and I gave my reasoning why (I don't think 10 receptions and a TD are going to be repeated often and I don't expect him to get too many more carries than he has been, barring injury). You apparently disagree, which is fine.

I think his dynasty outlook is fantastic, better even than for redraft. I would project both his snaps and touches to trend up in the next few seasons... 

His outlook is promising. I think I read somewhere on these boards how many targets the Saints RB have received in the past. Ingram is certainly capable of catching passes but Kamara seems to be the preferred RB in passing situations in an offense that throws to the RB a lot. I don't think it has anything to do with trying to show how smart anyone is in drafting who they are. You could see in the preseason that Kamara is an excellent pass catcher and has some game breaking skills. It feels like he is best suited to be a COP type RB but his volume of passing targets should remain high.

I think the best compliment I can give Kamara is that he turns the corner like an SOB on fire. Cooks had that, Sproles had that, and Kamara has that. Turns the corner and it's the 1st down line on the spot. That is worth a lot to a HC and a QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloom has gone very high on him on the waiver wire podcast. Think it was 40-50% Faab rating and clearly above any of the other waiver wire RB options. I had him, then dropped him after week 2 to sort out some other issues I had going on. Non resetting waivers, tempted but fully unsure about using the claim on him. This particular league isn't always fully switched on, part of me thinks he might actually clear waivers as he is on bye this week and absent from the top of waiver wire lists. Could see other people all concentrating on the Vikes, Seahawks, Packers options 

So the upgrade report says a potential RB2

yet the top200 forward has him 14 overall!!!!!!!  RB9 in my main league  

in PPR FBG settings 33rd overall RB12

whaaaa?

Users who are viewing this thread