What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alvin Kamara, NO (3 Viewers)

Jesus Christ on a carousel... first Gurley looks to be in trouble and now Kamara. I’m in multiple leagues and between this and the one I have Barkley in, I’m SOL. And I don’t have one stinking share of CMC...

Jesus Christ on a carousel... first Gurley looks to be in trouble and now Kamara. I’m in multiple leagues and between this and the one I have Barkley in, I’m SOL. And I don’t have one stinking share of CMC...
I feel you. I have Kamara and Gurley on a team as well. Along with Brees, Guice, Engram, Hollywood, Alshon missed a couple games, McLaurin missed one. It’s unreal. I’m signing dudes off the street just to field a team this week.

Kamara AND Murray weren’t available for the media portion of practice. Would Washington carry the kid if they were both out

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Alvin Kamara (ankle) is questionable for the Saints' Week 6 matchup against the Jaguars.

The Saints have fed Kamara 20-plus touches in all but one game this season. Only Austin Ekeler (39 receptions), Christian McCaffrey (31) and Le'Veon Bell (27) have more catches than Kamara (26) through five weeks. Latavius Murray would be a high-end RB2 with Kamara sidelined. It'd be tough to sit Kamara if active due to his high-usage pass-game role, even if there's a risk of reduced snaps.

SOURCE: Luke Johnson on Twitter.

Oct 11, 2019, 3:46 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Alvin Kamara (ankle) is expected to play in Week 6 against the Jaguars.

Kamara participated in New Orleans' walkthrough on Saturday and is reportedly expected to suit up barring any setbacks. The Saints' offense has flowed through the explosive 24-year-old on 22.3 touches and 78 percent of the team's offensive snaps in Teddy Bridgewater's three starts and that shouldn't change against Jacksonville's bottom-of-the-barrel rush defense DVOA on Sunday. Latavius Murray is merely a season-long stash and easy DFS fade assuming Kamara is declared active for Week 6.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 13, 2019, 1:13 AM ET

Alvin Kamara (ankle) is active for Week 6 against the Jaguars.

Kamara had been a legitimate question mark after tweaking his ankle at practice this week, but he'll gut it out Sunday in Jacksonville. There's risk, both of re-injury and a reduced workload, though Kamara should still be viewed as an RB1 across all fantasy platforms. QB Drew Brees, CB Ken Crawley, C Nick Easton, OT Ethan Greenidge, S Saquan Hampton, DE Trey Hendrickson and WR Tre'Quan Smith round out New Orleans' inactives for Week 6.

SOURCE: Mike Triplett on Twitter

Oct 13, 2019, 11:39 AM ET

He’s pretty useless with Bridgewater starting.  Outside of the Seattle game he hasn’t come to close to what he does with Brees as the starter.  

For those that watched the game, how much this ankle injury hamper his play? I know Teddy didn’t help things 
I caught the first half on the radio, so I wasn't able to see what Kamara was doing -- though I know he went to the medical tent early on. Here's an account from Saintsreport.com, courtesy of sammymvpknight:

To the Saints OL's credit, they were able to get it going a little bit in the second half, but I was at the game. I had the game right in front of me, and like usual, the Saints RBs had to create their own yardage. Kamara looked great in pregame workouts. He was cutting and looked like his normal self. But he tweaked something in the first quarter and he wasn't the game after that point. He wasn't necessarily limping but he was jogging a little bit gingerly between plays. And the biggest difference you saw is that he wasn't slipping tackles. It is very rare for Kamara to go down on first contact, and he consistently went down at first contact this game. 

You look at what the Panthers have done last week against the Jags, and what they have done on the whole, and you'll see that the Saints OL and run blocking scheme isn't in the same league right now. They have relied HEAVILY on Kamara breaking tackles for the running game to have the YPC that it currently holds. They were consistently getting pushed back, especially on the interior, like they have most of the season. It's almost like the interior OL pass blocks on running downs...they don't attack. I don't know if it's because they are running more zone blocking techniques versus power blocking techniques, but it has been hugely disappointing. With that said...they still did a fantastic job in pass blocking like they usually do.

Lots of scuttlebutt about Kamara hurting (if not injuring) his knee during the game yesterday:

Jene Bramel‏ @JeneBramel

Alvin Kamara had the inside of his knee stressed when a defender fell on him during a first-quarter carry. It's possible he suffered a mild MCL sprain. His return to the game was reassuring but the Saints will likely have him evaluated further on Monday.

Jene Bramel Retweeted Katherine Terrell

Katherine Terrell ‏Verified account @Kat_Terrell

Payton said Kamara tweaked his knee during the game, said he was good to go after coming in with a swollen ankle, so that wasn’t it.

Amie Just Verified account @Amie_Just 18h18 hours ago

Two things for Alvin Kamara today, Sean Payton said. Kamara’s ankle was swollen before the game, but he was ready to go. The injury in-game was a tweaked knee.

More from Saintsreport (note: these are fans posting, not media)

Usmfan84 said:

Teams have quit tackling Kamara like normal. They never try and hit his upper body or even wrap at his waist. They always go for his knees and ankles (pretty smart unfortunately). The last 3 weeks I've seen him get hit and twisted in his lower extremities a lot.
House Call said:

100% accurate. 

Kamara’s balance is key to his effectiveness— so teams have been going low on him to minimize his ability to spin out or away from contact. It’s working too, so expect it to continue. Also, expect more lower extremity dings to Kamara.

Nothing is known or even hinted at as of right now, early Monday morning.

Spidey-sense speculation? Murray showed enough in the second half yesterday to make Payton feel OK (not to say thrilled) about sitting Kamara against Chicago. Sitting out two games, even, is in play to take Kamara's recovery time through the bye.

Again, pure speculation.

Speculative-Add Guys, 30-Man non-IDP Roster Guys, etc. -- Saints' RB Dwayne Washington is worth a pick up.

Not yet in conventional-roster normal-bench redrafts.

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

#Saints RB Alvin Kamara is dealing with a high ankle-type issue that will limit him in practice this week, per sources. Kamara still thinks he has a shot to play Sunday against the #Bears.

I saw Kamara get up quite a few times with a huge limp during the Jaguar game. He looked like he was in a lot of discomfort. 

If he sits this one out, could see him sitting until after the bye.  They won't need him to beat Arizona next week.  Let the guy heal up and bring him and Brees back after the bye healthy and ready to rock

Ya know....I’ll never learn. Every year with RBs you have a 50% chance of stepping on a land mine. How happy I was to get three top 4 picks this year getting Kamara in two and Barkley in one...

Even with Mahomes ankle, I’m wondering if I should’ve just taken him all three times. Oh and of course my dumb ### couldn’t draft CMC just once... yeah I know point to the whatever...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya know....I’ll never learn. Every year with RBs you have a 50% chance of stepping on a land mine. How happy I was to get three top 4 picks this year getting Kamara in two and Barkley in one...

Even with Mahomes ankle, I’m wondering if I should’ve just taken him all three times. Oh and of course my dumb ### couldn’t draft CMC just once... yeah I know point to the whatever...
Every year, I pick an RB in the first round... and every year they suck compared to expectations.

Reality check...if you had taken Mahomes first, your RB1 would have come from, say, round 3.  Which round 3 RBs are meeting expectations better than the Barkley/Kamara tier?  Probably just as many disappointments up and down the draft board.

Every season I get reminded that depth matter a lot to winning the season slog.

Reality check...if you had taken Mahomes first, your RB1 would have come from, say, round 3.  Which round 3 RBs are meeting expectations better than the Barkley/Kamara tier?  Probably just as many disappointments up and down the draft board.

Carson

i think you are bit of a prisoner of the moment here

What makes you think I wouldn’t have taken a Rb round 2? Mahomes and and Cook would look pretty awesome. Or how about Mahomes, Kelce and Fournette? Anyway, hindsight 20/20 and all that....

Saints signing former Lions RB Zach Zenner today, per Ian Rappoport. Zenner has some knowledge of the Saints' offensive concepts through Saints offensive assistant Joe Lombardi's OC stint with Detroit (2014-15).

Pretty sure Zenner's not sliding in for Kamara. Instead, I believe they are prepping 3rd tailback Dwayne Washington for a lot more first-team work in certain packages, and thus need him off of scout team/special teams duty.

Additionally, on Monday the team had former Saints and Buffalo Bills RB Travaris Cadet in for a workout. 

For me, with the information available now, reading the tea leaves ... I expect Kamara to be out the next two games.

Saints signing former Lions RB Zach Zenner today, per Ian Rappoport. Zenner has some knowledge of the Saints' offensive concepts through Saints offensive assistant Joe Lombardi's OC stint with Detroit (2014-15).

Pretty sure Zenner's not sliding in for Kamara. Instead, I believe they are prepping 3rd tailback Dwayne Washington for a lot more first-team work in certain packages, and thus need him off of scout team/special teams duty.

Additionally, on Monday the team had former Saints and Buffalo Bills RB Travaris Cadet in for a workout. 

For me, with the information available now, reading the tea leaves ... I expect Kamara to be out the next two games.
Good info.  Makes sense for NO to rest a banged up Kamara and bring a healthy Brees/Kamara back after the bye week.

What makes you think I wouldn’t have taken a Rb round 2? Mahomes and and Cook would look pretty awesome. Or how about Mahomes, Kelce and Fournette? Anyway, hindsight 20/20 and all that....
By that sort of reasoning you could have taken McCaffery in the first.  The issue isn’t “I could have done better in round 2.”  It’s whether the chance of payoff was as good.

There was a consensus top 4 at RB this year.  McCaffery is paying out huge.  Barkley was till he got hurt.  Kamara and Elliott are a bit down, but let’s say 40-50% hit rate.

Based on FBG adp, the second round RBs were Chubb, Gurley, Mixon and Cook (Fournette was well behind those guys).  Chubb and Cook hit, but Gurley and Mixon have crashed worse than Kamara.

Third round is Kerryon, Damien Williams, Freeman, Jones, Jacobs and Carson.  I think we’re somewhat lower here...maybe 2.5/6?

But your point seems to be holding here.  With similar odds of picking a “successful RB” in the 2nd or 3rd, it does appear that grabbing a near-certain hit at QB could have been a sound strategy.

Good info.  Makes sense for NO to rest a banged up Kamara and bring a healthy Brees/Kamara back after the bye week.
This would be ideal.  And makes me feel better for having kept a roster spot for Murray all this time.  Hopefully, they shut Kamara down, Murray fills in admirably and then Brees and Kamara for the playoff stretch.  Sounds like a plan.  What can go wrong....

Alvin Kamara (ankle, knee) was sidelined for Wednesday's practice.

Even though Kamara isn't expected to practice this week, he still believes he has "a shot to play." All signs point to him missing Sunday following the signing of Zach Zenner as insurance. Whatever the case, Latavius Murray needs to be prioritized off waivers as an every-down back in the event Kamara's ruled out for Week 7 against the Bears.

SOURCE: Amie Just on Twitter

Oct 16, 2019, 5:33 PM ET

Nothing is known or even hinted at as of right now, early Monday morning.

Spidey-sense speculation? Murray showed enough in the second half yesterday to make Payton feel OK (not to say thrilled) about sitting Kamara against Chicago. Sitting out two games, even, is in play to take Kamara's recovery time through the bye.

Again, pure speculation.
They are in a position to do it if they feel they need to.  I would.  Get him back as healthy as you can after the bye. 

sucks as an owner.  But I rode this stud to two straight championships in the only league I care about, and I just want to see him healthy and have a great career.  
Rest up, Alvin.  

Users who are viewing this thread