What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alvin Kamara, NO (1 Viewer)

Yep, every internet doctor was freaking out about the word "epidural" and ignoring everything/everyone else.

Alvin Kamara rushed six times for 58 yards and caught 13-of-14 targets for 139 yards and two touchdowns in the Saints' Week 3 loss to the Packers.

Kamara was the entire offense for the Saints, though he got out-carried by Latavius Murray (12). His 14 targets were a team high, more than double the looks for Tre'Quan Smith (6) and Emmanuel Sanders (5). Kamara had one of the plays of the year when he turned a check down into a highlight 52-yard touchdown where he got behind his blocks and reversed the field. The Saints could get Michael Thomas back next week, potentially cutting into Kamara's pass-game role. Kamara will remain a top-three fantasy back for a Week 4 matchup with the Lions.

Sep 27, 2020, 11:46 PM ET

Could we all agree his numbers are slightly inflated with Michael Thomas OUT the last 2 weeks? I know Kamara is awesome and an elite back in this system but the last two weeks have been a little on the hyper side me thinks. 

That catch and run for TD was magical. Showed everything that's awesome about AK41. Hands, ellusiveness, speed, smarts (to slow down and stay behind his blocker), vision to cut back at the end, and size/durability to withstand the unexpected big hit from behind without fumbling into the endzone. I continue to be amazed by how effortless his runs look... Like homie is on skates out there just gliding.

Could we all agree his numbers are slightly inflated with Michael Thomas OUT the last 2 weeks? I know Kamara is awesome and an elite back in this system but the last two weeks have been a little on the hyper side me thinks. 
slightly inflated... but the numbers from last year should be thrown out because he was hurt. even when MT comes back he's still a top 3 option ROS easy.

Some of the worst tackling I’ve seen in a while. That said, he’s awesome and lol at the foolishness of knocking him back a few draft spots because epidural. 

Those skinny legs of his are a lot stronger than they look. 

That catch and run, there was some bad tackling. A lot of those tackles would have knocked over most backs his size. Surprisingly strong+ elite balance is a tough combo. 

Rest of season, Brees turning into Derek Carr is spectacular news. Even when MT gets back, easy to imagine 8-10 targets per game for both.

Some people say that you can't win the league in the first round but you can lose it.  BS.  Kamara is going to be the big piece in a lot of championship teams this year.  Brees declining skills and unwillingness to throw down the field only helps Kamara.  NO does a great job of getting him the ball in space where he's dangerous.  Cover him with a LB?  Good luck with that.

You can argue that he's RB1 the rest of the year, even when CMC returns.

For the rest of year ........Lights, Kamara, Action!

Look back two years ago when he was healthy. These were typical games for him.

He's back. 

Scott Barrett

⁦‪@ScottBarrettDFB⁩

Most Fantasy Points by Any RB Through Weeks 1-3 [All-Time]

1. Marshall Faulk, 2000 (109.0)

2. ALVIN KAMARA, 2020 (106.8)

3. Priest Holmes, 2003 (101.7)
4. Priest Holmes, 2002 (101.5)
5. Thurman Thomas, 1991 (101.4)
6. Jim Brown, 1963 (98.9)

9/28/20, 2:38 PM

Profootballtalk reports the Saints are re-testing Alvin Kamara for COVID-19 after he sat next to FB Michael Burton, who has reportedly tested positive, on the team plane. 

PFT's Mike Florio reports seven players, who originally all tested negative, are getting re-tested following Burton's reported positive. It is unknown how early the results will come back, but it figures to be early Sunday morning. Just like New England/Kansas City, New Orleans/Detroit is in grave danger of being postponed to Monday or Tuesday, or perhaps beyond. It is easier said than done at this juncture, but start planning on Saints/Lions alternatives. 

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com 

Oct 4, 2020, 12:17 AM ET

Saints FB Mike Burton and RB Alvin Kamara returned negative COVID-19 tests as did all other Saints players.

This means their game versus the Lions will play as scheduled. Burton returned a positive test last night and came into close contact with seven players prior to the test. Burton himself returned a negative test this morning meaning his first as a false positive. All other Saints returned negative results this morning as well. A positive test for Burton likely would have canceled their matchup with Detroit. Keep Kamara and Kenny Golladay safely in your lineups now that the Saints' scare is over.

SOURCE: Nick Underhill on Twitter

Oct 4, 2020, 8:03 AM ET

Alvin Kamara rushed 19 times for 83 yards and one touchdown in the Saints' Week 4 win over the Lions.

He added three catches for 36 yards on four targets in the passing game. Kamara's short rushing score in the second quarter tied the game at 14-14 and was part of the Saints' onslaught of 35 straight points in a comeback win. It was Kamara's seventh touchdown of the young season after scoring six all of last year. Kamara has been the engine of the Saints' offense since Michael Thomas went down with his high-ankle sprain in Week 1. Thomas is expected back as soon as next week against the Chargers, but Kamara is obviously going to remain a top-three fantasy back from here on out. He has at least 100 total yards in three straight contests.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember everyone freaking out about his epidural?

Now he's one of the few RB's from the top 2 rounds who aren't hurt.

Alvin Kamara rushed 11 times for 45 yards and caught 8-of-10 targets for 74 yards in the Saints' Week 5 win over the Chargers.

The New Orleans offense was shut down by the L.A. defense for much of the first half, but they finally found a groove, and Kamara made a huge, juggling 28-yard catch down the right sideline to set up a late Taysom Hill rushing touchdown. This was Kamara's fourth straight 100-yard game and his first touchdown-less outing of the season. He's been incredible in the absence of Michael Thomas (ankle), but Thomas should be back for Week 7 after the Saints' bye. Kamara gets a date with the Panthers in two weeks.

Oct 12, 2020, 11:45 PM ET

Alvin Kamara is on pace for 125.7 receptions this season, which would be a single-season record to running backs. 

Christian McCaffrey set the running back reception record last year with 116 grabs, shattering his 2018 record of 107. With a gaudy 26 percent target share, Kamara is pacing to break CMC's record. Michael Thomas' return -- if it ever happens -- could siphon some pass game opportunity from Kamara. But Drew Brees' weak arm and limited range could play in Kamara's favor down the stretch. Just this week against the Bears, Kamara managed 25.8 PPR points without scoring a touchdown. His weekly floor is absurd. 

RELATED: 

Michael Thomas

Nov 2, 2020, 10:36 AM ET

Alvin Kamara (foot) is not practicing Wednesday.

Ace beat writer Nick Underhill reports Kamara has a bone bruise, and the missed practice is more precautionary than anything. There's no reason for the Saints to push Kamara at this time of year. Per Underhill, "it would be a surprise" if Kamara is unable to play Week 9 against the Bucs.

Alvin Kamara (foot) said he's going to play Week 9 against the Bucs.

Kamara didn't practice Wednesday, but he said he is essentially dealing with a stubbed toe. That's not going to keep him off the football field. On pace to set the record for running back catches, Kamara is a weekly lock for 100-plus yards at this point. He's the premier RB1.

SOURCE: Katherine Terrell on Twitter

Nov 4, 2020, 4:41 PM ET

Faust said:
Alvin Kamara (foot) said he's going to play Week 9 against the Bucs.

Kamara didn't practice Wednesday, but he said he is essentially dealing with a stubbed toe. That's not going to keep him off the football field. On pace to set the record for running back catches, Kamara is a weekly lock for 100-plus yards at this point. He's the premier RB1.

SOURCE: Katherine Terrell on Twitter

Nov 4, 2020, 4:41 PM ET
If the words 'stubbed toe' came directly from Kamara, then fine. Alarms toned down (but not out). I say that b/c 'bone bruise' can be varying degrees of signficant, with the extreme being weeks/couple months to feel right. AJ Brown caught a bone bruise in preseason, and is still taking Thursdays off weekly, seemingly as a result. He's also blown the #### up the last three weeks, so there is that. But that was after missing the first month of the season, so there's that too.

Alvin Kamara (foot) returned to Saints practice Thursday, getting in a "full" session. 

Kamara was true to his word when he said his foot issue was not a concern. Kamara enters Week 9 with 17 more receptions than any other running back. Michael Thomas' long-overdue return could take a bit out of that apple, but 4-5 should remain Kamara's weekly catch floor. Coupled with his extreme efficiency on the ground, Kamara's top-five, and usually top-three, weekly rank isn't going anywhere, even for tough matchups like Sunday's with the Bucs.  

Nov 5, 2020, 4:54 PM ET

What’s the best projection on the length of Kamara’s peak? Couple more seasons or is this it right now? In a just-outside-contention dynasty situation and have to at least consider some offers. 

What’s the best projection on the length of Kamara’s peak? Couple more seasons or is this it right now? In a just-outside-contention dynasty situation and have to at least consider some offers. 
I think his peak passed just about 4 weeks ago... right when I traded for him.

I'm thinking that Drew Brees will be out until at least Week 15, when they host the Chiefs in what I've been calling all season long a Super Bowl preview.  Here's the Saints' schedule the next 4 weeks: 

Week 11: Atlanta

Week 12: @ Denver

Week 13: @ Atlanta

Week 14: Philadelphia

At the beginning of the season, I had Alvin Kamara as my darkhorse candidate for MVP.  If he lights it up for the next 4 weeks, there's no reason to believe he won't be the first RB since Adrian Peterson to be named MVP.  And I think he will!  

YOUR 2020 NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: ALVIN KAMARA!!!!

I'm thinking that Drew Brees will be out until at least Week 15, when they host the Chiefs in what I've been calling all season long a Super Bowl preview.  Here's the Saints' schedule the next 4 weeks: 

Week 11: Atlanta

Week 12: @ Denver

Week 13: @ Atlanta

Week 14: Philadelphia

At the beginning of the season, I had Alvin Kamara as my darkhorse candidate for MVP.  If he lights it up for the next 4 weeks, there's no reason to believe he won't be the first RB since Adrian Peterson to be named MVP.  And I think he will!  

YOUR 2020 NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: ALVIN KAMARA!!!!
It’s possible, especially with Allen’s October slump & Wilson’s recent sub-par set of games.  But, he’s on pace to just barely break 2000 YFS.  He is currently 16th in rush yards, and while he is 15th in receiving yards, I don’t see a RB outside the top 10 in rush yard, with slightly over 2000 YFS getting the MVP.

Unless Mahoney has a slump akin to Allen in October, or Wilson recently, he’s probably the favorite.

Alvin Kamara (foot) was not seen at Thursday's practice. 

Kamara was limited with the foot issue on Wednesday. ESPN's Mike Triplett said it's "too early to fret about Kamara's status" since he missed practice time with a foot injury a couple weeks ago and still played. Kamara's Friday practice status will be worth monitoring. Latavius Murray would be a high-end RB2 if Kamara is sidelined this week against the Falcons. 

RELATED: 

Latavius Murray

SOURCE: Mike Triplett on Twitter 

Nov 19, 2020, 3:15 PM ET

Alvin Kamara (foot) didn't practice Thursday.

It's a concerning development, but ESPN's Mike Triplett said it's "too early to fret about Kamara's status" since he missed practice time with a foot injury a couple weeks ago and still played. Coming off a three-touchdown performance against the 49ers, Kamara's Week 11 status will likely hinge on his Friday practice status. Latavius Murray could become a locked-in starter if Kamara has to sit out this week. 

RELATED: 

Latavius Murray

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter 

Nov 19, 2020, 4:30 PM ET

Alvin Kamara (foot) returned to practice Friday.

Sweet relief. Kamara didn't practice at all on Wednesday or Thursday with his lingering foot injury but was able to participate in Friday's portion that was open to media and promptly removed from the injury report altogether. Fantasy players can sleep easy knowing Kamara will be on the field in a plus matchup against Atlanta Sunday.

SOURCE: Nick Underhill on Twitter

Nov 20, 2020, 2:48 PM ET

The following was posted by Maurice Jones-Drew of NFL Network this past Wednesday:

A week ago, I predicted Russell Wilson would win this year's Most Valuable Player award. After this past weekend's games, though, I would like to rescind my initial midseason pick and replace it with New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara.

Yes, Wilson and other quarterbacks -- namely, Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers -- deserve to be in the conversation for the honor, but I believe it's about time we took a long look at a different position when it comes to MVP chatter. The last non-quarterback to win the award was Adrian Peterson back in 2012, but Kamara should have a real shot to claim the prize this season.

After agreeing to a five-year, $75 million contract extension in September, Kamara has proven to be worth every penny as the Saints (7-2) have ridden their star running back to the top of the NFC South. The fourth-year running back has thrived as the focal point of Sean Payton's offense, propelling a team that was without 2019 Offensive Player of the Year Michael Thomas for five games. Heading into Week 11, Kamara leads the team in carries (104), rush yards (486), rush TDs (seven), targets (80), receptions (67) and receiving yards (648). He's also tied with Jared Cook for the team lead in TD receptions with four. Kamara is on pace to become the first player in NFL history to post 800-plus yards rushing and 1,100-plus yards receiving in a single season. I think it's fair to say the Saints would be nowhere near seven wins without Kamara.

Payton has maximized Kamara's versatile skill set by taking advantage of his abilities as a pass catcher. He's been targeted on 36.9 percent of his routes this season (most in the NFL) and has been highly effective on short routes, such as screens, slants and outs. Getting Kamara the ball in space has been critical to New Orleans' success as he leads the NFL in yards after the catch with 657 -- 255 yards more than the next-closest player, Washington wide receiver Terry McLaurin.

It appears Kamara and the Saints are about to face their greatest test of the season, with Drew Brees likely to miss at least two weeks due to injury, per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. The RB1 continued to make an impact with Brees sidelined in the second half of Sunday's win over the 49ers (a three-TD day for Kamara), but he must show out whether it's Jameis Winston or Taysom Hill under center if Brees can't go. (UPDATE:The Saints announced Friday they have placed Brees (ribs) on injured reserve, and will miss a minimum of three weeks now that he's moved to IR.)

I don't see any reason to adjust Kamara's usage despite the potential changes at the quarterback position, though. This just gives him another opportunity to show the league what he can do when the offense isn't at full strength. With a pair of games against Atlanta sandwiching a road game in Denver up next on the schedule, I predict a lot more folks will be viewing Kamara as the MVP front-runner when we reach the final quarter of the regular season.

Hill at QB is bad news for those with Kamara.  This TD vulture has no interest in throwing the ball to Kamara.  Zero receptions on 1 target with Hill.  Hill had 10 carries to Kamara's 13.  Winston would be the better QB for Kamara.  Lots of dump offs.  Hill likes calling his own number too much.  

I predict a lot more folks will be viewing Kamara as the MVP front-runner when we reach the final quarter of the regular season.
Not with T. Hill at QB.  

Party's Over, another skill player that his value completely cut when the QB falls down with injury. 

No 1 RB in Fantasy rendered into a Jordan Howard role. 

Hill at QB is bad news for those with Kamara.  This TD vulture has no interest in throwing the ball to Kamara.  Zero receptions on 1 target with Hill.  Hill had 10 carries to Kamara's 13.  Winston would be the better QB for Kamara.  Lots of dump offs.  Hill likes calling his own number too much.  

Not with T. Hill at QB.  
And Payton wants to make himself look like a genius as much as possible. He will give Taysom every opportunity to score. 

Party's Over, another skill player that his value completely cut when the QB falls down with injury. 

No 1 RB in Fantasy rendered into a Jordan Howard role. 
Hyperbole much?  Kamara will be great, just don't expect him to get those 6 or 7 catches for 100+ yards.  And don't count on him getting as many goal line carries as he would with Brees under center.  

Hyperbole much?  Kamara will be great, just don't expect him to get those 6 or 7 catches for 100+ yards.  And don't count on him getting as many goal line carries as he would with Brees under center.  
He didn't get any catches and won't be getting goal line work, and he really isn't a run between the Tackles guy so he's not getting 20 carries. 

10 touches a game now, 9 of them carries for 4 yd a piece, not seeing much value here going forward Jay. 

I remember your old avatar  :D

Users who are viewing this thread