What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alvin Kamara, NO (2 Viewers)

Nope. 1 QB and 1 RB with a RB/WR flex. Point per first down rushing and receiving. 

Other team has Gurley, Gordon, and McKinnon still. Just lost Jameis and only had Dalton. Good match for a trade. 

I started the year with David Johnson, Dalvin Cook, Ty, and Chris Carson......  :ptts:
That is a hell of a RB collection that guy got. I think he mismanaged it only turning 1 of those pieces into Stafford. I think those are 5 RB1s. 

Traded Mike Evans for him in PPR before last week since I can keep him next year at the ### end of the draft so was more of a move for the future. Thought I might have been overpaying at the time but not so sure now. This was with Murray, Cook and Martin as my starting RBs so was desperate for RB help. 

Last edited by a moderator:
At this rate is he a first rounder next year in PPR?
I think a strong second assuming it's Ingram/Kamara show.

We've had a influx of new RB's and the current top two in-coming rookies for most people are two new RB's so just getting deeper.

Meanwhile WR scoring is down the second year in a row and the incoming WR class does not look special.  In PPR leagues we entered this week with only 4 WR's averaging 16 or more fantasy points a game and while that is pretty low it's worse when you consider of those 4 one is Odell and two are Texans.

Your #32 WR is still better than your #32 RB so depth is still on the WR side but the whole thing has kind of flip flopped. Scarcity often drives price and in this case what is scarce is stud WR's, meanwhile RB's have never been deeper.

My best guess is a great priority will be given to fantasy teams wanting to lock down one of the few stud WR's in round one, knowing that they likely have pretty strong RB options in round 2 and/or 3.

Now currently Kamara and Ingram are PPR PPG RB#10 and #11 and that was with AP in the way a few games. If it's just these two next season I could see a few teams at the 1/2 turn opt for a Ingram/Kamara duo. I got that duo in a few leagues and it's kind of awesome.

The thing I like best about him is that even as fast as he is, his initial instinct is to run north-south.  Let's face it, in college guys like him were able to consistently jet around the outside against college LB's and it gets you into bad habits once you hit the show.  It took FOREVER for Reggie Bush to learn this, and it even took Ingram a couple of years to fully grasp.  Kamara seems to have gotten it since day one.

The thing I like best about him is that even as fast as he is, his initial instinct is to run north-south.  Let's face it, in college guys like him were able to consistently jet around the outside against college LB's and it gets you into bad habits once you hit the show.  It took FOREVER for Reggie Bush to learn this, and it even took Ingram a couple of years to fully grasp.  Kamara seems to have gotten it since day one.
I agree.  He looks like a very natural runner, not your typical 3rd down back by any means

He has great burst which is obvious- he just accelerates faster than anyone else on the field and his balance is obviously exceptional but my favorite trait is how smooth he is. 

Anyone trade or take offers for him in redraft/dynasty? I am curious what non-owners think of him?
A couple weeks ago I moved McCoy/Thomas (DEN) for him in a PPR dynasty league.  

Edit: Was offered Amari Cooper for him after last week's game, but declined. 

I’ve really got my nuts in a vice over Kamara vs Howard this week. Both look nice. 

I drafted Howard and Ingram, and picked-up Kamara the week before Peterson was traded. Best move I've made all year, and been playing both Ingram and Kamara since.

This week, RB 1&2: Howard & Ingram; Flex: Kamara. Whooppee!!

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
I could have sworn that I just read that someone in this thread traded Stafford for Kamara. But that can't be right.
That was me. I got Kamara. If you were starting Andy Dalton and had Gurley, Gordon, Kamara, and McKinnon you wouldn't trade Kamara for Stafford? I just found a good match. I tried to get Gordon first. Start 1 RB 1 RB/WR flex.

Dyno owner here, absolutely love this kid.

Is anyone else concerned that his legs look real skinny compared to the rest of his body? I always thought he looked a little weird and couldn't put my finger on it til today but it seems to be that

Dyno owner here, absolutely love this kid.

Is anyone else concerned that his legs look real skinny compared to the rest of his body? I always thought he looked a little weird and couldn't put my finger on it til today but it seems to be that
He looks sleight but he also is very good about avoiding contact. He's not going to be a guy pushing piles.

I won’t be benching him in favor of Gordon again. NO is playing well and he’s involved in every facet of the game. He appears matchup and game script proof. 

Kamara is a study in how long it takes people to believe what they are seeing, and how long it takes people to change their minds. 

We have a 45 page thread on Alex Collins. We've just reached 10 for the best rookie running back.

Kamara is a study in how long it takes people to believe what they are seeing, and how long it takes people to change their minds. 

We have a 45 page thread on Alex Collins. We've just reached 10 for the best rookie running back.
Well a polarizing player is always going to draw more discussion.  Not much polarizing about Kamara right now, just a lot of awesome.  We can only pat each other on the back so much.

Plus isn't the Collins thread like 3 years old?

Well a polarizing player is always going to draw more discussion.  Not much polarizing about Kamara right now, just a lot of awesome.  We can only pat each other on the back so much.

Nice thing about Kamara is he's basically game script proof.  If game is close he's getting touches, and if they are down he'll get even more touches in the passing game.

Picked him up Week 3 and have started him every week without hesitation. Don't even look at matchups; just plug him in and play. Love this kid. 

Less than two actually, and the last 43 pages are since September. ?

Finally got to play this guy due to Zeke suspension and Hunt bye and he led me to the W. 

I am just wondering, maybe he's a better play than Hunt ROS. 

Most enjoyable player I've had on any team since Jamaal Charles' monster season with the Chiefs.

Most enjoyable rookie I've had since Chris Johnson. 

Not saying he's the best (although he sure could be when it's all said and done) but I just love watching him play, how Payton is using him and how he's producing.  

Gonna be real interesting to see where he goes in drafts next year. A lot of RBs carrying first-round value right now, including him and Ingram. 

Averaging 6.5 ypc and 8.7 yards per rec.  He gets yards in chunks on a repeated basis.
Yeah that's what really jumps out. So many of his touches result in big gains. It's a big surprise when he doesn't do it. It's a big part of what gives him such a strong floor. 

Users who are viewing this thread