What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D'Onta Foreman, CLE (1 Viewer)

WR, LB, FB, TE, S are all different positions than RB. Different demands. The explosion needed is so luch more important for RBs. 

Furthermore, studies would suggest that any position will have difficulty coming back from a rupture. 

Theres a reason that someone's biggest weakness has always been called their "Achilles heel." Achillies ruptures always have been devastating and anyone to suggest that it shouldn't be, or it's just the flavor of the decade for injuries, is sorely undereducated in the topic and/or doesnt understand at all why this is so devastating. You may as well cut the foot off and sew it back on. 
Thanks for the insults. Good job confusing the ankle and the achilles. Find someone else that has read and followed studies to contribute here

Anyone see McCoy heading to Houston? Free up cap space and let Singletary handle the carries with Yeldon and Gore to mentor him.

And that reason is Greek Mythology.
yes, because Achilles was struck on his Achilles heel and it crippled him. The mythology is rooted in the devestating effects of a ruptured Achilles. Pointing out that the devastation if a rupture goes back thousands of years. its not just rye flavor of the decade.

Thanks for making my point 

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, because Achilles was struck on his Achilles heel and it crippled him. The mythology is rooted in the devestating effects of a ruptured Achilles. Pointing out that the devastation if a rupture goes back thousands of years. its not just rye flavor of the decade.

It poisoned him and he died.  Nothing to do with his tendon.

Tooting ones own horn over a player being cut because they haven't fully recovered from an injury seems like the opposite of class to me.
I think that is part of the argument though on why fantasy owners should have avoided him.  I have no stake in this argument, but silently thought buying Foreman after achilles  injury was not a good idea.  It seems now that he is cut, it helps confirm he may never have much of a fantasy football impact.

Tooting ones own horn over a player being cut because they haven't fully recovered from an injury seems like the opposite of class to me.
When people say I have no idea what I'm talking about, have to show them they were wrong ;)

People are still in denial here.

No matter. can end this thread now at least. 

I agree it’s a devastating injury but the reason Achilles heel is vulnerable because he was being held by his ankles when dipped into the pool of immortality (or some god like agent) so that was the only spot vulnerable on him and he was hit with a poison arrow.

Anyway I was just joking around - I lean towards your side on the injury effect.

I think that is part of the argument though on why fantasy owners should have avoided him.  I have no stake in this argument, but silently thought buying Foreman after achilles  injury was not a good idea.  It seems now that he is cut, it helps confirm he may never have much of a fantasy football impact.
Of course the risk of Foreman recovering to be the player he was before the injury was very high. Anyone with a mild interest in this should have known that. 

The Texans are saying lack of work ethic and maybe there is some truth to that, no way for me to know but I definitely think the injury has something to do with it if not most of the reason. They just wont say that because of injury settlements and so on.

Saying I told you so about something like this is not graceful at all though.

When people say I have no idea what I'm talking about, have to show them they were wrong ;)

People are still in denial here.

No matter. can end this thread now at least. 
I wonder how you would feel about your clients seeing something like this?

For someone in the medical profession you conduct yourself in a very unprofessional manner.

Of course the risk of Foreman recovering to be the player he was before the injury was very high. Anyone with a mild interest in this should have known that. 

The Texans are saying lack of work ethic and maybe there is some truth to that, no way for me to know but I definitely think the injury has something to do with it if not most of the reason. They just wont say that because of injury settlements and so on.

Saying I told you so about something like this is not graceful at all though.
It is not at all, but for those that were urging people to buy Foreman were also not wise in saying that.  

A lot of times on this forum people will make a strong claim one way or another.  I actually don't mind it if someone quotes someone after they were wrong.  I like to see:

The point they were originally making

How that ended up

Their reaction to being wrong/right

All this helps me to find posters that provide good analysis.  Even if you were wrong I also like those that admit to being wrong about their claim because many just don't visit that thread after being so wrong.

I wonder how you would feel about your clients seeing something like this?

For someone in the medical profession you conduct yourself in a very unprofessional manner.
WTF are you talking about? So he patted himself on the back for being right. Big deal. If it rubs you the wrong way fine but him claiming he "told us so" is a minor offense at worst and not even worth mentioning at best. Calling him out for his class or professionalism is a hundred times worse in my book. That's ultra judgemental and dickish (and a terrible take). He isn't doing cartwheels celebrating the medical misfortunes of a young athlete for God's sake. He is just pointing out on a fantasy football forum that he called it. So what? Sounds like you have some latent issues with him and perhaps you should keep it private. 

That goes for everyone. Sick of reading crap like this. 

Foreman was waived because he got in O'Brien's doghouse over his work ethic, not because he isn't 100% healthy.

Penguin said:
Foreman was waived because he got in O'Brien's doghouse over his work ethic, not because he isn't 100% healthy.
while he maybe "healthy" he might not be the same player, in a game of inches, an achilles injury is often a career ender, especially at the rb position.....

Will be interesting to see if someone puts in a waiver claim on him.

while he maybe "healthy" he might not be the same player, in a game of inches, an achilles injury is often a career ender, especially at the rb position.....

Will be interesting to see if someone puts in a waiver claim on him.
for sure. There is a difference between torn achilles between running backs and wide receivers or dudes like Kevin Durant. That first 5 yards from the hand-off on is so important for running backs, that is where they do their damage. Burst and acceleration can be everything. Of course those traits are important for WRs too but guys like E. Sanders who seem to be recovering well can lose some of that athletic edge but still dominate in their route savvy, whereas a RB will have to make a jump cut to burst through the hole.

for sure. There is a difference between torn achilles between running backs and wide receivers or dudes like Kevin Durant. That first 5 yards from the hand-off on is so important for running backs, that is where they do their damage. Burst and acceleration can be everything. Of course those traits are important for WRs too but guys like E. Sanders who seem to be recovering well can lose some of that athletic edge but still dominate in their route savvy, whereas a RB will have to make a jump cut to burst through the hole.
Demaryius Thomas dominated with his burst after his Achilles injury. Heck his first 2 years of stud-dom his trademark play was essentially a long handoff. 

There are 2 reasons we haven't seen a running back return to great form from an Achilles injury. 

1) there haven't been any good running backs to actually get an Achilles injury. Kendall frigging Hunter is probably the standout stud amongst this short list of backup caliber players. 

2) the data on Achilles injuries just wasnt tracked back far enough. For instance Curtis Martin likely suffered a torn Achilles in college (and he went on to have a pretty nice career if I recall) but it wasn't an injury that was even tracked back then so all we know is that he had a season ending Achilles injury of some variety in college. 

Amazing to me the timing and the fact they added little to nothing in the offseason. Houston seems like a team that could contend for their division for the next few years at least; it’s weird to just ignore the rb  position. You’d think after a year of watching him rehab they’d have an idea of what kind of work ethic he had, and would have drafted somebody or brought in a free agent to compete. 

I don't buy that they are trading for Gordon. They got rid of a backup RB. Yes maybe they had hopes he could take over but they knew the chances of that would he slim after the Achilles tear. If they wanted a new starter this year, they would have done something this off-season.

Could see Houston picking up Perine after he's most likely cut from Washington. Gruden has been raving about him but there's no room on the roster, most likely

Texans fan here; was cut because he didn't learn the playbook, showed up late to meetings, challenged by the HC to step it up, was terrible in pass pro, and looked slow and sluggish during TC

This is not a good landing spot, but it is better than not being picked up.  The colts love Mack as the number 1 and Hines in passing situations.  Wilkons filled in fine as backup.  Foreman is another body IMO.

Texans fan here; was cut because he didn't learn the playbook, showed up late to meetings, challenged by the HC to step it up, was terrible in pass pro, and looked slow and sluggish during TC
Here's the real reason.  The others are just window dressing.  It's clear that he is not the same runner after rehabbing for over a year, and likely never will be.

This is not a good landing spot, but it is better than not being picked up.  The colts love Mack as the number 1 and Hines in passing situations.  Wilson filled in fine as backup.  Foreman is another body IMO.
If his work habits are as bad as a Texans beat writer says, he won’t last long in Indy.

This is not a good landing spot, but it is better than not being picked up.  The colts love Mack as the number 1 and Hines in passing situations.  Wilson filled in fine as backup.  Foreman is another body IMO.
Better than Mike Clay hero Jordan Wilkins.

The Colts signing Foreman makes sense.  Foreman is a great pass blocker.  Pass protection is a priority for Andrew Luck.  Marlon Mack was graded by PFF as the worst pass blocker in the league last year.  Mack's shortcomings at pass protection and receiving will likely prevent him from increasing his role this year.  And Mack could easily lose his starting job if Luck gets blowed up a few times.  But many are going to draft Mack in the 3rd round because for many drafters running backs are like a drug they can't give up.

The Colts signing Foreman makes sense.  Foreman is a great pass blocker.  Pass protection is a priority for Andrew Luck.  Marlon Mack was graded by PFF as the worst pass blocker in the league last year.  Mack's shortcomings at pass protection and receiving will likely prevent him from increasing his role this year.  And Mack could easily lose his starting job if Luck gets blowed up a few times.  But many are going to draft Mack in the 3rd round because for many drafters running backs are like a drug they can't give up.
As a Colts fan I have my doubts he’s on the roster week 1.

Rotoworld take:

Colts signed RB D'onta Foreman, formerly of the Texans.

Backup RB Keith Ford was waived in a corresponding move. Recently waived by the Texans himself, Foreman lands in a loaded backfield as the likely early-down backup to Marlon Mack. Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins, and Jonathan Williams round out the rest of the roster, with Spencer Ware likely seeking out an injury settlement to play elsewhere. It's worth noting longtime beat reporter John McClain of the Houston Chronicle believes the Texans waived Foreman because they were unsatisfied with his "work habits" — something that obviously won't stand in Indy. If Mack is dealt another season of nagging ailments, though, it's Foreman who'll be a name to monitor as the power-running successor (despite his ongoing ACL recovery). In the meantime, Mack remains an unequivocal RB2 across all formats.

RELATED: 

Houston Texans

SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Aug 5, 2019, 4:57 PM ET

Rotoworld take:

Colts signed RB D'onta Foreman, formerly of the Texans.

Backup RB Keith Ford was waived in a corresponding move. Recently waived by the Texans himself, Foreman lands in a loaded backfield as the likely early-down backup to Marlon Mack. Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins, and Jonathan Williams round out the rest of the roster, with Spencer Ware likely seeking out an injury settlement to play elsewhere. It's worth noting longtime beat reporter John McClain of the Houston Chronicle believes the Texans waived Foreman because they were unsatisfied with his "work habits" — something that obviously won't stand in Indy. If Mack is dealt another season of nagging ailments, though, it's Foreman who'll be a name to monitor as the power-running successor (despite his ongoing ACL recovery). In the meantime, Mack remains an unequivocal RB2 across all formats.
:lmao:

I’m missing what’s funny or dismissive about this. One of the best run organizations in the league just claimed him where he could serve as a direct backup to a bit of an injury prone RB in a high octane offense. Clearly he isn’t worth what he was two days ago but how a guy goes from high upside late round sleeper to dismissed as trash in two days time because Bill O’Brien is one of the most incompetent nincompoops in the NFL is beyond me.

As a Colts fan I have my doubts he’s on the roster week 1.
You're probably right.  They are maybe just bringing him in for a test drive.  It costs nothing so there really isn't any reason not to bring him in.  But having a 235 pound running back that can pass protect is an asset even if he has lost some burst.    The Colts offense will still prosper with a poor rusher.  Luck's health is more important than their running back's ypc.

I haven't followed enough to speculate if he has lost a step he will never recover but I do remember he was pretty impressive late season a couple of years ago before the injury.  So, IF he is close or all the way back and IF this really came down to a coach trying to throw some authority around, the Colts just got a very good pickup.   

Marlon Mack is okay but lets be real: a year ago, was he a guy with a pedigree that most people thought was very good?  So, he is basically a nondescript pedestrian player who put up some good fantasy numbers. Foreman could easily do better.  

If they bring in Gordon, that offense is legit. 

I'm okay with Miller as a cheap rb2 if Gordon isn't brought in.  
obviously if they bring in Gordon, yeah the weapons there are nuts. But their offensive line on paper is just so so bad in all facets - bringing in Gordon with that line would be the most Texans move ever.

You're probably right.  They are maybe just bringing him in for a test drive.  It costs nothing so there really isn't any reason not to bring him in.  But having a 235 pound running back that can pass protect is an asset even if he has lost some burst.    The Colts offense will still prosper with a poor rusher.  Luck's health is more important than their running back's ypc.
Didn’t a Texan fan say he wasn’t pass protecting in camp?  I could be mistaken.

Didn’t a Texan fan say he wasn’t pass protecting in camp?  I could be mistaken.
Struggling at pass protection would help explain why he was cut.  But he was a great pass protector in 2017.  I could see someone not doing well at pass protection in practice but doing well at it when it counts.  Succeeding at pass protection requires focus and intensity.  Guys with bad attitudes have difficulty bringing it in practice.

Struggling at pass protection would help explain why he was cut.  But he was a great pass protector in 2017.  I could see someone not doing well at pass protection in practice but doing well at it when it counts.  Succeeding at pass protection requires focus and intensity.  Guys with bad attitudes have difficulty bringing it in practice.
Doesn’t sound like he’s a Colts type of player, nor a Ballard one.  I guess a dart throw is harmless.

Users who are viewing this thread