What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Your 2017 Dynasty Startup Drafts (1 Viewer)

FreeBaGeL

Footballguy
Unless I missed it on the search, I didn't see one of these for 2017 yet. 

Now that the NFL draft is completed we should be seeing some of these started up. They make a great resource for evaluating dynasty player value.

If you have one going post a link to it here. Make sure to include relevant settings (ppr, superflex, etc). 

Best time of the year! 

My mistake.  I haven't been involved in a start up dynasty for many years.
Yeah even if you're not doing one, they are really good data on what dynasty players are worth.  Rankings are nice but there is nothing on the line.  Putting one guy ahead of another doesn't actually affect the ranker in any way.  It's different in startup drafts where people are putting their money where their mouth is and actually committing to one guy over another for the next several years.

I value them much more than rankings.

Zero interest in mocks but thanks.  Only real leagues are interesting to me because if you face no consequences for your mistakes or what your doing then it doesn't help me in trying to evaluate what a player's worth is or his startup draft position will be.

And what the heck did Gridiron Gods do? He has:

He must've traded picks for players that were already drafted, I guess.

No trades for players for him so far but he has been collecting future 1st round picks.

Gridiron Gods receives: Round:10 Pick:10 Ovr:118 , 2018 Rnd 1 pick from Discount Belichick  Discount Belichick receives: Round:4 Pick:12 Ovr:48

Gridiron Gods receives: Robinson,Allen WR JAC, Round:3 Pick:9 Ovr:33  Gridiron Gladiator receives: Round:2 Pick:12 Ovr:24 , Round:3 Pick:1 Ovr:25

Gridiron Gods receives: Round:5 Pick:3 Ovr:51 , 2018 Rnd 3 pick from Discount Belichick  Discount Belichick receives: Round:5 Pick:1 Ovr:49

Gridiron Gods receives: Round:12 Pick:10 Ovr:142 , 2018 Rnd 2 pick from Discount Belichick , 2018 Rnd 4 pick from Discount Belichick  Discount Belichick receives: Round:9 Pick:1 Ovr:97

Gridiron Gods receives: Round:6 Pick:5 Ovr:65 , 2018 Rnd 1 pick from Heisengerb  Team Filipek receives: 2018 Rnd 1 pick from Gridiron Gods , Round:7 Pick:1 Ovr:73

Gridiron Gods receives: Round:5 Pick:5 Ovr:53 , Round:6 Pick:2 Ovr:62 , Round:12 Pick:3 Ovr:135  Gridiron Gladiator receives: Round:5 Pick:3 Ovr:51 , Round:6 Pick:5 Ovr:65 , Round:12 Pick:10 Ovr:142

Last edited by a moderator:
Fournette at 1.6? Wow.

Looking closer, that team has:

Fournette, Corey Davis, Joe Mixon, Mike Williams, Ken Dixon

That is a terrible plan.
Didn't even notice that he just added Doctson too.

Did you notice the 1 guy drafted A-Rodgers then traded his 88 pick and future 1st to move up for Brady......now that was a wtf that just happened moment.

I can't find a way to link FFPC drafts.  Anyone know how?

In the meantime I'll try and update every few days.  Just got underway today.

12 team PPR (1.5 TE) 

1.07    Julio Jones    WR
1.06    Antonio Brown    WR    
1.05    Le'Veon Bell    RB 
1.04    Odell Beckham    WR    
1.03    Mike Evans    WR    
1.02    David Johnson    RB   
1.01    Ezekiel Elliott    RB    

12 team PPR (1.5 TE) 

1.03    Mike Evans    WR    

No way to link draft board in FFPC that I know of.

12 team PPR (1.5 TE) 

1.03    Mike Evans    WR    

Remember those on this board who couldn't believe what Elliot was worth last year before he played a single game ?  Remember how many people thought it was crazy to turn down offers for that 1.01 rookie pick last year ?  I even read in a book an article from the site DLF where the guy said Elliot was a "run away from him guy" saying he wouldn't spend a top 20 dynasty startup pick on this guy he would rather have Cobb or Allen.  Yikes.

Remember those on this board who couldn't believe what Elliot was worth last year before he played a single game ?  Remember how many people thought it was crazy to turn down offers for that 1.01 rookie pick last year ?  I even read in a book an article from the site DLF where the guy said Elliot was a "run away from him guy" saying he wouldn't spend a top 20 dynasty startup pick on this guy he would rather have Cobb or Allen.  Yikes.
Elliot was a pretty flawless RB prospect. He does everything well. He also went to a very good situation as far as his offensive line. If Dak Prescott had not performed as well as he did, this situation did have some downside in that sense, but Prescott played well enough to keep defenses honest. Romo could have done that too if healthy I suppose.

All of the RB prospects from 2017 have flaws in their game that Elliot did not have, and none were drafted to as good a situation as Dallas was last year as far as offensive line quality.

As far a RB running away from contact being considered a bad thing? I would generally disagree with that. Ask Emmitt Smith about business decisions and prolonging your career.

To even mention David Cobb or Buck Allen in the same universe as Elliot, much less better than Ellliot is just poor RB talent evaluation.

Elliot was a pretty flawless RB prospect. He does everything well. He also went to a very good situation as far as his offensive line. If Dak Prescott had not performed as well as he did, this situation did have some downside in that sense, but Prescott played well enough to keep defenses honest. Romo could have done that too if healthy I suppose.

All of the RB prospects from 2017 have flaws in their game that Elliot did not have, and none were drafted to as good a situation as Dallas was last year as far as offensive line quality.

As far a RB running away from contact being considered a bad thing? I would generally disagree with that. Ask Emmitt Smith about business decisions and prolonging your career.

To even mention David Cobb or Buck Allen in the same universe as Elliot, much less better than Ellliot is just poor RB talent evaluation.
That was Randell Cobb and Keenan Allen.  They were talking top 20 startup picks.

12 team PPR (1.5 TE) 

1.03    Mike Evans    WR    

Got an update ?

It's been super youth heavy and super RB heavy.  Note that this is a $500 buy-in league so I'm surprised by some of the bold choices.  One thing to note regarding the RBs is there are 2 flexes with 2 required RBs and 2 required WRs.

3.01    Joe Mixon    RB    Mason
2.12    Sammy Watkins    WR    Guinness Stingers
2.11    Christian McCaffrey    RB    Atomic Dawgs
2.10    Allen Robinson    WR    Blue Soldiers
2.09    Brandin Cooks    WR    WonkWonkWanker
2.08    T.Y. Hilton    WR    COL's Command
2.07    Devonta Freeman    RB    Team of Shadows
2.06    Todd Gurley    RB    I R A Jenius
2.05    A.J. Green    WR    Team of Shadows
2.04    Corey Davis    WR    froo fighters
2.03    Rob Gronkowski    TE    Mason
2.02    Travis Kelce    TE    COL's Command
2.01    Melvin Gordon    RB    Mason
1.12    Jordan Howard    RB    TheSequel
1.11    Michael Thomas    WR    Team of Shadows
1.10    DeAndre Hopkins    WR    Guinness Stingers
1.09    Amari Cooper    WR    froo fighters
1.08    Leonard Fournette    RB    COL's Command

It's been super youth heavy and super RB heavy.  Note that this is a $500 buy-in league so I'm surprised by some of the bold choices.  One thing to note regarding the RBs is there are 2 flexes with 2 required RBs and 2 required WRs.

3.01    Joe Mixon    RB    Mason
2.12    Sammy Watkins    WR    Guinness Stingers
2.11    Christian McCaffrey    RB    Atomic Dawgs
2.10    Allen Robinson    WR    Blue Soldiers
2.09    Brandin Cooks    WR    WonkWonkWanker
2.08    T.Y. Hilton    WR    COL's Command
2.07    Devonta Freeman    RB    Team of Shadows
2.06    Todd Gurley    RB    I R A Jenius
2.05    A.J. Green    WR    Team of Shadows
2.04    Corey Davis    WR    froo fighters
2.03    Rob Gronkowski    TE    Mason
2.02    Travis Kelce    TE    COL's Command
2.01    Melvin Gordon    RB    Mason
1.12    Jordan Howard    RB    TheSequel
1.11    Michael Thomas    WR    Team of Shadows
1.10    DeAndre Hopkins    WR    Guinness Stingers
1.09    Amari Cooper    WR    froo fighters
1.08    Leonard Fournette    RB    COL's Command
Who did you take?

Things are moving pretty slowly, lots of trading, we've only gotten a single round in since the last update.

4.01    Mike Williams    WR    Mason
3.12    Davante Adams    WR    TheSequel
3.11    Andrew Luck    QB    WonkWonkWanker
3.10    Alshon Jeffery    WR    Guinness Stingers
3.09    Demaryius Thomas    WR    TheSequel
3.08    Jay Ajayi    RB    WonkWonkWanker
3.07    Dez Bryant    WR    Guinness Stingers
3.06    Dalvin Cook    RB    Team of Shadows
3.05    Hunter Henry    TE    Team of Shadows
3.04    Keenan Allen    WR    NTSish
3.03    Jordan Reed    TE    Blue Soldiers
3.02    Jarvis Landry    WR    Atomic Dawgs
Big surprises to me have been that RBs have been going early, TEs have been going early (TE premium), and everyone has been going really heavy on youth.  Injury risks and vets have dropped like rocks.  Watkins, Keenan Allen, Dez, AJG all quite a bit lower than their ADP.  The rookies have gone higher than their ADP.

In an FFPC startup (my first Dynasty league - I'm J-Shot):

1 1 1 Easy Johnson David

2 1 2 Headed To Vegas! Beckham Odell

3 1 3 * QUICK-DOGGIES *7-77 Elliott Ezekiel

4 1 4 Texas Tigers Bell Le'Veon

5 1 5 * QUICK-DOGGIES *7-77 Evans Mike

6 1 6 J-Shot Brown Antonio

7 1 7 Chazz Hands Gordon Melvin

8 1 8 Vicious Zogwargs Cooper Amari

9 1 9 FantasyFootballGuidebook.com Jones Julio

10 1 10 CoolBreeze22 Luck Andrew

11 1 11 CaptainObvious Freeman Devonta

12 1 12 Texas Tigers Green A.J.

13 2 1 Easy Fournette Leonard

14 2 2 FantasyFootballGuidebook.com Gurley Todd

15 2 3 CoolBreeze22 Thomas Michael

16 2 4 Easy Hilton T.Y.

17 2 5 Vicious Zogwargs Hopkins DeAndre

18 2 6 Chazz Hands Murray DeMarco

19 2 7 Night Owls XXII Davis Corey

20 2 8 J-Shot Howard Jordan

21 2 9 Go Big or Go Home Robinson Allen

22 2 10 CaptainObvious Cooks Brandin

23 2 11 Headed To Vegas! McCaffrey Christian

24 2 12 Night Owls XXII Mixon Joe

25 3 1 Go Big or Go Home Bryant Dez

26 3 2 Vicious Zogwargs Gronkowski Rob

27 3 3 CaptainObvious Kelce Travis

28 3 4 Go Big or Go Home Watkins Sammy

29 3 5 J-Shot Ajayi Jay

30 3 6 Night Owls XXII Henry Derrick

31 3 7 Chazz Hands Allen Keenan

32 3 8 Headed To Vegas! Baldwin Doug

33 3 9 FantasyFootballGuidebook.com Miller Lamar

34 3 10 CoolBreeze22 Landry Jarvis

Luck picked pretty high for a league that you can get a good QB cheap.

D-Murray wtf ? 

Doug Baldwin too high for my taste

Luck picked pretty high for a league that you can get a good QB cheap.

D-Murray wtf ? 

Doug Baldwin too high for my taste
Murray that high is the headscratcher of the draft so far.

I think that's about right for Baldwin though.

Things are moving pretty slowly, lots of trading, we've only gotten a single round in since the last update.

Big surprises to me have been that RBs have been going early, TEs have been going early (TE premium), and everyone has been going really heavy on youth.  Injury risks and vets have dropped like rocks.  Watkins, Keenan Allen, Dez, AJG all quite a bit lower than their ADP.  The rookies have gone higher than their ADP.
Hey there, which squad are you?? I'm in your league as well. I think you will find your observation here pretty consistent across all the FFPC dynasty leagues. The #1 mistake I see people making is going too young. The starting requirements are dual flex and max roster size is 20 with a cut to 14 after the season. You need a little depth to get through bye weeks and there aren't many roster spots to sit on guys and hold them waiting for them to develop. The results in these leagues ADP wise should differ from large roster dynasty leagues but they generally don't.

Draft and hold strategy doesn't work as well in that format imo.

Aunt JKemima correctly identifies the inefficiency of this market and how to exploit it.

This one is a little funky in scoring/lineup, so it might not be real helpful to anyone. 14 team PPR, Superflex, 2 TE, and Best Ball

link

Last edited by a moderator:
2 TE is pretty sweet. Perhaps that is the way forward?

TE players do seem to be steadily more involved as receivers over the past decade or so. I forget what it was but TE players had something like 20% of the top 100 players in receiving yards last season.

Starting 2 TE would have more impact on the TE value relative to other positions than 1.5 points for receptions does.

Awesome setup of that league. Especially love the deep devy element.
Yeah, the draft was a lot of fun. I've been gravitating towards the best ball leagues the past couple years and I like the devy element a lot as well. I love drafting but find setting lineups every week more tedium than fun. 

75 rounds in only 10 days is quite impressing
Even more impressive is that half the league is in N. America and the other half in Asia. I had to crack the whip a few times to get a few delinquent owners to get a pick in, but all in all delighted with the pace. (at one point I changed one of the team's names to Godot to get this classic draft status update)  :lol:  

Even more impressive is that half the league is in N. America and the other half in Asia. I had to crack the whip a few times to get a few delinquent owners to get a pick in, but all in all delighted with the pace. (at one point I changed one of the team's names to Godot to get this classic draft status update)  :lol:  
:D

75 rounds! Big starting rosters, heavy IDP scoring..
Not a fan of the scoring system.  Don't like that it is non PPR.  Hate the bonus scoring for reaching milestones so a guy throwing for 299 yards vs 300 yards is a 5 point difference on the day same for 99 rushing vs 100 rushing one guy gets 9.9 pts the other guy gets 15 pts.

Users who are viewing this thread