Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2017 College Football Thread: Hawaiian QB devastated to find out Jesus was "kinda rooting for Georgia"

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Super proud of my nephew who will meet with his high school coach at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning to sign his commitment to South Dakota. He's going to redshirt next fall. The school has committed 5 yea

FML I have a patient who was on hospice and a big Wisconsin fan who was hoping to live long enough to see them in the playoffs.  Well, he passed last night peacefully with his family at his side.  Wil

This is why we need to stop assuming teams are good because they beat Notre Dame.

5 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

I wish I were kidding but the following Labor Day games have been announced.

2031 - Notre Dame at Clemson

2036 - Notre Dame at Virginia Tech

And then when one of those teams finishes 2-10, the other can be ripped for scheduling such a weak opponent.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, TakiToki said:

If he completes this contract as coordinator at OU, it's probably not a good thing.

He's only 33. And he received a $400k/yr raise. Plenty of time for his HC career.

26 minutes ago, Christo said:

He's only 33. And he received a $400k/yr raise. Plenty of time for his HC career.

Another year at choklahoma!

23 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

I wish I were kidding but the following Labor Day games have been announced.

2031 - Notre Dame at Clemson

2036 - Notre Dame at Virginia Tech

There's a solid non-zero chance I may not be alive to see the ND-VT game. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

If you haven't listened to Harbaugh interviewed on the @pftcommenter podcast I highly recommend.  Guy is a loon and I hated him when he coached my 49ers and I love him now.  Just so unique and I actually think it's genuine.  Anyway, made me even more excited for CFB, even though Urban will continue to own him.

2 hours ago, Dickie Dunn said:

Meant to post this yesterday ... TV schedules for the first three weeks:

http://www.fbschedules.com/college-football-schedule/

Wow didn't realize there were games the weekend before Labor Day now.

OSU-Indiana marquee game opening Thursday...Friday terrible...Sat all day strong of course, and have LD Sundays been this good?

17 minutes ago, facook said:

If you haven't listened to Harbaugh interviewed on the @pftcommenter podcast I highly recommend.  Guy is a loon and I hated him when he coached my 49ers and I love him now.  Just so unique and I actually think it's genuine.  

He's different, definitely different.

even though Urban will continue to own him.

:no:

It probably ends this year, and Harbaugh will get the best of him going forward.  It's at least a draw, Urban can only cheat so much. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, gump said:

Wow didn't realize there were games the weekend before Labor Day now.

OSU-Indiana marquee game opening Thursday...Friday terrible...Sat all day strong of course, and have LD Sundays been this good?

"Week Zero" basically is reserved for Hawaii and any teams that have to travel to play Hawaii, since those teams are allowed to schedule 13 games as part of the Hawaii exception. Thus, it makes sure a team that chooses to play 13 doesn't have to play through the whole schedule without a bye.

As far as Stanford-Rice, I assume that one gets an exception because it is in Australia.

• Like 1

Looks like I'll have 2 tickets available for the much anticipated Auburn vs Mercer game at Jordan-Hare on 9/16- let me know if you are interested. Should be a scintillating matchup!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ffldrew said:

Looks like I'll have 2 tickets available for the much anticipated Auburn vs Mercer game at Jordan-Hare on 9/16- let me know if you are interested. Should be a scintillating matchup!!

Bears are solid (I did not have to look up the nickname :bowtie: )

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, ffldrew said:

1st Round NIT?

1 hour ago, Doctor Detroit said:

He's different, definitely different.

:no:

It probably ends this year, and Harbaugh will get the best of him going forward.  It's at least a draw, Urban can only cheat so much

This is how I have felt since he was at Florida.  So slimy.  However, I'll be surprised if Michigan can hang too tightly this year, even at home.  They are replacing so much, and I guess I just trust UM to reload as he needs to better.  We'll see.  I'm an Oregon guy, but Michigan is up there these days just cause of Harbaugh.

• Like 1

Sounds like Ole Miss is getting ready to release their response to the second NOA they got earlier this year.  Should make for an interesting afternoon. 

Supposedly, they've disassociated with about 8 boosters in this ordeal and they will reveal their names.  Not sure I believe that part yet. 

3 hours ago, jb1020 said:

Sounds like Ole Miss is getting ready to release their response to the second NOA they got earlier this year.  Should make for an interesting afternoon. 

Supposedly, they've disassociated with about 8 boosters in this ordeal and they will reveal their names.  Not sure I believe that part yet. 

It's so good!

5 minutes ago, Capella said:

It's so good!

I got too busy this afternoon.  Not about to read a 125 page response.  

I'll wait for the cliff notes. 

They still redacted the booster names.  Looks like there are at least 14 boosters involved. 

http://alabama.247sports.com/Article/Ole-Miss-Releases-Official-Response-To-NCAA-Allegations-53057510

Their defense appears to be 1) the worst accusations are true, but Management didn't know 2) we fired everyone who did wrong and hit the wrong-doing, and 3) Freeze didn't know about anything so LOIC is unfair (which is actually a great example of LOIC!)

And there are 52 named athletes in the report, with 39 admitted by Ole Miss to have rec'd illegal benefits of some kind.

Edited by gump
1 minute ago, whoknew said:

What does he want? ND?

I'd be surprised if he took another college job but you never know. Maybe he's finally decided he wants to try the NFL? I think his kids are about done with high school, he just bought a house in Chicago...

• Like 1