What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Aaron Jones, MIN (5 Viewers)

1st week , everyone's down in stats. watch sunday, same thing across the board.

but Jones sucks anyways. this is all Rodgers tonight, he's improvising. this isn't plays coming in from LaFleur 

With the decision to give Rodgers more authority in play-calling, I doubt he is going to call many running plays. With that said, somewhat concerned in the league where I have both Brown and Aaron Jones. 

I really thought Jones was going to be a solid #2 this year but by the looks of this first half he won't be able to be counted on from week to week. I thought Williams would spell him not the other way around.

Jones had a really awful run where he almost fell over twice and ran backwards all on the same play.  He also looked like he might have blown a pass protection read in the first half. 

Tried to trade for him in my dynasty league but guy wanted too much. It's early and they are playing Chicago but may have dodged a bullet...

Starting to look like all the starters not playing the preseason ( all teams)is going to make the first game of the regular season a tune up for the remainder of the season

Bears were the consensus #1 D, so not super concerned. It is not like Williams is looking better. Feels like last year where Williams is getting way too many snaps on running plays though. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This was pretty much the outcome I expected for Jones. I was hoping for a possible score or a big play. I regret picking him. The first 5 games of the year are brutal. 

This was pretty much the outcome I expected for Jones. I was hoping for a possible score or a big play. I regret picking him. The first 5 games of the year are brutal. 
Pretty much. Not concerned about his output as much as I'd be concerned about his health and how that might affect his usage. 

GB should trade for Gordon tonight 

Offense looked like it hadn’t played together yet. Whole team was out of sync plus they were playing on the road against the Bears. He was even out there on the clock killing drive they screwed up by passing on second down. He’ll be fine.

Pretty much. Not concerned about his output as much as I'd be concerned about his health and how that might affect his usage. 

GB should trade for Gordon tonight 
The Packers RB depth chart is clearly terrible if Williams is the number 2 and Jones isn't even fully beating him out.  Jones also seems like he gets dinged up a lot, would they really run Williams full-time? 

Gordon is from Wisconsin... I dont think the Packers would pay him though, but who knows.  Ted Thompson definitely would not have. 

Won't happen. Asking too much in draft picks nor do the packers have the cap space to sign him to an extension I dont think 
I'll admit to not being so familiar with GBs cap to pull numbers out off the top of my head. I feel like they could afford it. I'm probably wrong

Yes, I would agree a 1st and 5th is too much. I'd rather take the next WI alumnus superstar in next years draft than trade for yesteryear's

ETA: however if the alternative is a ticking time bomb of injury in Aaron Jones or seeing Jamaal Williams trotted out there, they need to do something. Maybe Carlos Hyde is available. Hes due for a new team 

Bust, so glad I don’t own him.
If I owned him I'd go get Dexter Williams. Too late to sell Jones now, however it has only been 1 week vs the top defense.

He actually looked a little slow to me. Lacked burst. Didnt look special with the ball like he did at times last season. 

Yeah, my major concern is that RBs only had 18 carries. Jones out carried Williams 13 to 5. 72% of RB carries is a clear split. Williams averaged 0.0 YPC, Jones had 3.0 which isn't great, but is clearly better.

Would have liked to see Jones get a couple more targets, but all in all it was about what I expected. Some games against worse defenses Jones will get more carries and his YPC will be better.

Won't happen. Asking too much in draft picks nor do the packers have the cap space to sign him to an extension I dont think 
I know its a long shot, but cap won't have much to do with it... these teams make magic happen with their cap numbers these days.

I think a 2nd and 3rd would be honestly be enough.  SD is going to get close to nothing back anyway when he leaves

I'm a Jones owner in only one league, but you guys DO REALIZE he was also taken out of the game injured for a bit right?

I wasn't exactly paying attention as to how long, but I'm sure it was 2 or 3 series.  That alone would have likely been a few more carries.

I don't much like tonight's result, (Jones' line)  but I wasn't exactly expecting a massive fantasy night either.

TZM

I'm a Jones owner in only one league, but you guys DO REALIZE he was also taken out of the game injured for a bit right?

I wasn't exactly paying attention as to how long, but I'm sure it was 2 or 3 series.  That alone would have likely been a few more carries.
Are you sure? 

Jamaal Williams was used a lot more, preinjury, than I had expected. I was thinking McCarthy was phoning in plays and personnel moves. 

Are you sure? 

Jamaal Williams was used a lot more, preinjury, than I had expected. I was thinking McCarthy was phoning in plays and personnel moves. 

I'm absolutely sure. In fact one of the threads guys even brought it up "uhoh, he looks hurt/he could be hurt bad", then later on one of the guys commented "Must have been a flesh would, Jones is back in".  I believe it was in the Opening night thread, well...one of them LOL.

But Williams was indeed on the field more than most expected.

I don't know exactly when Jones came out of the game, I think sometimes in the 3rd, but I am not positive.

Again, what does that mean?   Likely not much, but you could expect to tack on a few more carries.... and add that to the 13 he had, and thats all I was expecting. GB just doesn't feed their RBs 28 times a game so thats about what I expected.

Just a quick check on yahoo, and they say he definitely came off the field in an "injury scare", but he was back in the next drive.

TZM

I'm absolutely sure. In fact one of the threads guys even brought it up "uhoh, he looks hurt/he could be hurt bad", then later on one of the guys commented "Must have been a flesh would, Jones is back in".  I believe it was in the Opening night thread, well...one of them LOL.

But Williams was indeed on the field more than most expected.

I don't know exactly when Jones came out of the game, I think sometimes in the 3rd, but I am not positive.

Again, what does that mean?   Likely not much, but you could expect to tack on a few more carries.... and add that to the 13 he had, and thats all I was expecting. GB just doesn't feed their RBs 28 times a game so thats about what I expected.

Just a quick check on yahoo, and they say he definitely came off the field in an "injury scare", but he was back in the next drive.

TZM
yes he was hurt, I was asking if you were sure that meant more carries for him. the offense looked worse without him but jamaal was in too much imo

There’s no doubt Jones looked a lot better than Williams out there. 

Jones was grimacing on the sidelines  he came back and looked ok. 

Against that defense I wouldn’t be too concerned. 

I'll admit to not being so familiar with GBs cap to pull numbers out off the top of my head. I feel like they could afford it. I'm probably wrong

Yes, I would agree a 1st and 5th is too much. I'd rather take the next WI alumnus superstar in next years draft than trade for yesteryear's

ETA: however if the alternative is a ticking time bomb of injury in Aaron Jones or seeing Jamaal Williams trotted out there, they need to do something. Maybe Carlos Hyde is available. Hes due for a new team 
Dexter Williams will surpass Jamaal once he's healthy, he may even surpass Jones

yes he was hurt, I was asking if you were sure that meant more carries for him. the offense looked worse without him but jamaal was in too much imo
 Well  Aaron Jones had 13 rushes to Jamaal Williams 5, and Jones had 1 reception to Williams 2.

In addition to that Jones was pulled out for at least one series only to return later, so as far as I'm concerned, theres a great chance it could have been additional carries.

If you need anything more concrete than that, you might want to get Matt LaFleur on the courtesy phone.  :lol:

TZM

I saw this same thing. He looked really slow
Early in the game the Bears defense dominated the Packers line and he had nowhere to run - no RB could have done anything there. In the second half the running game had some success and Jones hit the holes hard but the offense never got into a rhythm so his carries were limited. He outtouched Williams pretty significantly when all was said and done - people over- react in game and don’t think their RB should ever leave the field. That’s not realistic.

It's hard to look fast when you're running into a wall. I thought he looked like last year when he started to get some room in the second half. 
The xmcarry I remember thinking was a run to the R in the second half where there was a huge hole. when he got to the 2nd level he tried bouncing outside but looked like he was in quick sand. He looked a tad better in the 4th

Early in the game the Bears defense dominated the Packers line and he had nowhere to run - no RB could have done anything there. In the second half the running game had some success and Jones hit the holes hard but the offense never got into a rhythm so his carries were limited. He outtouched Williams pretty significantly when all was said and done - people over- react in game and don’t think their RB should ever leave the field. That’s not realistic.
I agree, its not realistic for him to never leave the field. I just saw Jamaals number called too many times and hes still not good

The xmcarry I remember thinking was a run to the R in the second half where there was a huge hole. when he got to the 2nd level he tried bouncing outside but looked like he was in quick sand. He looked a tad better in the 4th

I agree, its not realistic for him to never leave the field. I just saw Jamaals number called too many times and hes still not good
Jones out carried him 2-1

Disappointed with his ff points last night. But I disagree here. You could tell who was taking the handoff without seeing the jersey # because he had way more burst than Williams
My 3 year old has more burst than Williams.

Aaron Jones is the fastest GB RB and it's easy to spot him. Aaron Jones 2019 looks slower to me than Aaron Jones 2018

You could compare almost anyone to Jamaal Williams and theyd look fast doesnt mean they are. 

Users who are viewing this thread