What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Aaron Jones, MIN (5 Viewers)

So, it comes down to which you can live with? Play him and he's in for two plays or sit him and he scores twice?

I'm playing him if active, which looks likely.

And you guys with Hasty should play him. I picked up McKinnnon in case Jones sits, but have so many injuries+byes that I'm probably playing him regardless...so big night for Hasty.
I’m definitely if your studs are in play’em guy so I’ll likely play him over Hasty. It basically comes down to which way will I be less mad at if it goes against me. And I think I’ll be more mad if I sit AJ and he plays well.  

I’m definitely if your studs are in play’em guy so I’ll likely play him over Hasty. It basically comes down to which way will I be less mad at if it goes against me. And I think I’ll be more mad if I sit AJ and he plays well.  
I find it esp. tough with a Thurs game because you have to sit for three days if your players  under rperform before you know if you can make it up. 

For sure.  That’s my problem is Hasty too though, 49ers just called up three practice squad wide receivers to play today. Got to assume Green Bay is going to sell out on the run even as bad as they are at stopping it. 
The Packers are dead last in allowing fantasy points to RB over 7 games.

They have had to face Cook twice and Kamara once. Ronald Jones put up over 100 rushing yards and two TD against them.

It has to be a point of emphasis for them to stop the run going back to last year where they were not able to stop the 49ers running the ball.

Against the Vikings they seem to always be there to stop the play action but they let Cook run all over them. There was no reason for them to not be focusing on stopping the run in the most recent game because of the wind, but they couldn't do it.

Kenny Clark usually a very good player against the run for them but he was getting buried by combination blocks. Their whole defense was. Cook had some huge holes on the right side multiple times in the game.

Is there an up to the minute source for Jones status?  If he plays I play him.  If not I got Dexter but don't know if I want him or CeeDee or .... oh thats it.  Man this week with Mixon/Bernard Bye, Goedert/Reagor Bye, and AJ injured.

I confess I'm willing to let AJ take anther week if he needs it.  I really need him for the stretch run. 

Is there an up to the minute source for Jones status?  If he plays I play him.  If not I got Dexter but don't know if I want him or CeeDee or .... oh thats it.  Man this week with Mixon/Bernard Bye, Goedert/Reagor Bye, and AJ injured.

I confess I'm willing to let AJ take anther week if he needs it.  I really need him for the stretch run. 
I’m fearing that they say he is good to go, only to be limited.

The Packers are dead last in allowing fantasy points to RB over 7 games.

They have had to face Cook twice and Kamara once. Ronald Jones put up over 100 rushing yards and two TD against them.

It has to be a point of emphasis for them to stop the run going back to last year where they were not able to stop the 49ers running the ball.

Against the Vikings they seem to always be there to stop the play action but they let Cook run all over them. There was no reason for them to not be focusing on stopping the run in the most recent game because of the wind, but they couldn't do it.

Kenny Clark usually a very good player against the run for them but he was getting buried by combination blocks. Their whole defense was. Cook had some huge holes on the right side multiple times in the game.
All great points, absolutely. But this 49er team is decimated, the best run blockers are on the IR, the #2,3 and 4 WR’s were called up this week from the practice squad, it’s the backup QB and they will likely be playing from behind. That is a seriously stacked deck against them. I can’t fathom Green Bay being worried about the passing game. But with that said if Hasty still gets the bulk of the work he could put up a good game, the odds are just long imo.  

I’m fearing that they say he is good to go, only to be limited.
I do too no doubt. But with the very conservative nature of that medical team it makes no sense for them to put him out there if they don’t feel good about it, Especially in a very winnable game with 10 days to rest on the backside. And if they feel good about him why limit him?

I'm heavily invested in the RB's of this game and have posted in other threads.

Hasty - near a must start IMO. GB rush D sucks, SF has zero starter caliber players for the passing game. Shanny will flex his running game scheme unless/until they are down by a ton. Jet is either not right or not in the Shanny circle of trust.

A. Jones- smoke him if you got him. GB medical staff is ultra conservative, if he is active you start him. I will feel more comfortable if we get a positive report along with being active or we see him running/cutting full tilt pre game.

Jet- he may get enough touches in both the run and pass game to be a flex PPR option, may be a full time slot receiver and 20% of the run game

I have both Hasty and Jones, and can start 3RB.  I don't think I can bring myself to play both of them tonight; starting Jones for now and can flip to Hasty if there's bad news pre-game. :oldunsure:

All great points, absolutely. But this 49er team is decimated, the best run blockers are on the IR, the #2,3 and 4 WR’s were called up this week from the practice squad, it’s the backup QB and they will likely be playing from behind. That is a seriously stacked deck against them. I can’t fathom Green Bay being worried about the passing game. But with that said if Hasty still gets the bulk of the work he could put up a good game, the odds are just long imo.  
Just looking it up and according to FBO the 49ers are 16th in adjusted line yards so far, so middle of the pack run blocking unit. They were 8th in the same metric last year, so yeah their run blocking has slipped a bit.

Aaron Jones by far the best player here. I just think Hasty or McKinnon (rib injury??) are set up for a good match up as well.

Due to a rash of injuries and bye week issues, I need 2 of 3 between A Jones, Hasty and McKinnon. Not sure how it turns out but feeling confident Jones and Hasty are the right decisions. 

Just looking it up and according to FBO the 49ers are 16th in adjusted line yards so far, so middle of the pack run blocking unit. They were 8th in the same metric last year, so yeah their run blocking has slipped a bit.

Aaron Jones by far the best player here. I just think Hasty or McKinnon (rib injury??) are set up for a good match up as well.
Agree.  
Don’t want to turn this into the assistant coach forum But I respect your SP game and analysis. With Jones in do you go Hasty or Fournette? PPR.  

Agree.  
Don’t want to turn this into the assistant coach forum But I respect your SP game and analysis. With Jones in do you go Hasty or Fournette? PPR.  
Huh.

I don't know much about James Hasty and I am not sure if Ronald Jones benching is permanent or if it was just to send him a message for that game.

The Saints have given up the 3rd least fantasy points to RB compared to Green Bay giving up the most. So match up heavily in favor of Hasty.

Good luck with whatever you decide there. 

One other random thought: wondering if Jones, if actually 100%, gets a good amount of playing time because Green Bay can't trust a Dexter Williams or Tyler Ervin to pass block for their most important asset.

For transparency, I do own Jones and Hasty, planning to play Jones but not Hasty.  TNF is the worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll be rolling with A Jones over John Taylor, N Hines and T Ervin in a 1/2 point PPR league. Long TD’s are a bonus. Could regret it, but, gotta go with the studs when active. As mentioned in this thread, the GB medical staff is ultra conservative. I think T Ervin is a nice “plug in” for those in need of a RB in PPR formats. GL all.

I’m rolling with Jones too. Packers have lost last 2 games so they need this game.  If packers up big, I can see them taking him out.  

Any boots on the ground reports on how Jones may be used or how he looks in warmups? I saw a clip of him running and cutting that looked normal.....

I’m rolling with Jones too. Packers have lost last 2 games so they need this game.  If packers up big, I can see them taking him out.  
If they're up big, hopefully he has a hand in it and has racked up some good points before it happens.

rschroeder1 said:
One other random thought: wondering if Jones, if actually 100%, gets a good amount of playing time because Green Bay can't trust a Dexter Williams or Tyler Ervin to pass block for their most important asset.

For transparency, I do own Jones and Hasty, planning to play Jones but not Hasty.  TNF is the worst.
Well Jones hasn't been particularly good in pass protection. Its one of the things he talks about needing to improve on going into the 2020 season.

I think this is a large part of why they split time between Jones and Williams. Because Williams is better in pass protection. They will more often than not use Jones as a receiver rather than asking him to block. The 49ers do have a defense that could force them into situations where Jones has to block, but I don't think they are activating him to do that.

Dexter Williams seems like their back up version of Jamaal Williams and he might draw pass protection assignments.

You do not want to ask Tyler Ervin to block anyone.

Jones and McKinnon if ppr
I hear you with it being PPR but McKinnon seems to be on the outside looking in, either he is burned out or in Shannys doghouse. I think Shanny tries to ride his run game system with Hasty unless they are waaaaaaay down, we shall see.....

Jet was my #1 sleeper heading into the season but something is off lately.

I hear you with it being PPR but McKinnon seems to be on the outside looking in, either he is burned out or in Shannys doghouse. I think Shanny tries to ride his run game system with Hasty unless they are waaaaaaay down, we shall see.....

Jet was my #1 sleeper heading into the season but something is off lately.
I heard rib injury.

He did not have near the same burst as Hasty did in most recent game that I saw of them.

Somebody mention this earlier. He is either active and playing, or will be a decoy and not used at all. Just active since they didn't have anybody to replace him with and they need to have so many active players on the roster in certain spots. He would only be limited due to how the game plays out in the second half.

Any more real time updates from the field or field reporters as I have not been able to get to a TV?

Somebody mention this earlier. He is either active and playing, or will be a decoy and not used at all. Just active since they didn't have anybody to replace him with and they need to have so many active players on the roster in certain spots. He would only be limited due to how the game plays out in the second half.

Any more real time updates from the field or field reporters as I have not been able to get to a TV?
While I think this is possible and I have seen teams do this with WR before, I am not really seeing the same advantage of doing this with a RB.

Sure maybe you can get a few calls to go your way but eventually the other team is going to realize that you are not giving the ball to Jones or that Jones is not playing like his usual self and then all decoy advantage is gone.

If its a WR you can still use the decoy to try to match up against their best corner so other guys get a better match up.

No sense in activating him to be a decoy, his roster spot could go to a special teams player or backup OL. Nor is it the track record of the team to start a slightly injured player. If he’s active he should be in your lineup. 

The packers need the game and the only options are a kick returner and practice squad guy.  I can’t see jones not starting and playing.

No sense in activating him to be a decoy, his roster spot could go to a special teams player or backup OL. Nor is it the track record of the team to start a slightly injured player. If he’s active he should be in your lineup. 
I agree, does not seem to be the Packer way, active = Lets Go!!

While I think this is possible and I have seen teams do this with WR before, I am not really seeing the same advantage of doing this with a RB.

Sure maybe you can get a few calls to go your way but eventually the other team is going to realize that you are not giving the ball to Jones or that Jones is not playing like his usual self and then all decoy advantage is gone.

If its a WR you can still use the decoy to try to match up against their best corner so other guys get a better match up.
I was just about to say the same thing, you don't use RB's as decoys.  I'm hopeful he gets the goal line work no matter what happens in the rest of the field.

Not confident in Jones but i cant keep him on the bench if hes active 

Starting Hasty too, but moreso bc i have 3 starters on byes..may god be with me

Not confident in Jones but i cant keep him on the bench if hes active 

Starting Hasty too, but moreso bc i have 3 starters on byes..may god be with me
I'm in the same boat, not sure what happens but I think we made the smart choice. Lets go Hasty & A Jones!!!  :hifive:

Aaron Jones (calf) is active for Week 9 against the 49ers. 

Multiple media reports have suggested Jones will be on a snap count. Reading between the lines, it sounds like Jones probably would not be playing this week were Jamaal Williams and AJ Dillon not on the COVID-19 list. Fantasy managers should maybe plan on something in the neighborhood of 10-12 touches and then hope for more. Even on an uncertain workload, Jones can still be fired up as an upside RB2 because of his game-breaking ability and likely goal-line involvement. Inactive for the Packers are LT David Bakhtiari, QB Jordan Love, CB Kevin King, S Will Redmond, S Vernon Scott and DL Billy Winn. 

Nov 5, 2020, 6:54 PM ET

I'm in the same boat, not sure what happens but I think we made the smart choice. Lets go Hasty & A Jones!!!  :hifive:
I started Hasty last week too bc i was confident he would get the majority of rushes...as long as the game dont go bad early, he should once again get 15+ touches..

Mckinnon on bench, but if CMC is active so would Dobbins....crap idk

I was just about to say the same thing, you don't use RB's as decoys.  I'm hopeful he gets the goal line work no matter what happens in the rest of the field.
I do think its happened before where a team started a RB but didn't really use them because they were not 100% but it just won't fool the defense for very long. Maybe a play action on the first drive or something.

Users who are viewing this thread